Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo's World Cup Hopes Take Hit As Serbia Shock Portugal To Win Gro - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo's World Cup Hopes Take Hit As Serbia Shock Portugal To Win Gro (3345 Views)

World Cup: Morocco Stun Portugal To Reach Historic Semi-final / Ronaldo In Tears As Serbia Clinch 2022 World Cup Ticket After Shock Win Against / Cristiano Ronaldo's World Cup Goals Questioned By Cesc Fabregas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cristiano Ronaldo's World Cup Hopes Take Hit As Serbia Shock Portugal To Win Gro by Ddonoflife(m): 11:46pm On Nov 14, 2021
Serbia shocks Portugal late sending them to the World Cup.Serbia outlasts Portugal with a 90th minute goal as they beat Portugal sending them to the World Cup and Portugal to the playoff.

Cristiano Ronaldo's hopes for the 2022 World Cup took a big blow as Serbia clinched an automatic berth to the tournament in a comeback 2-1 win over Portugal in their Group A qualifier on Sunday.

A 90th-minute header by half-time substitute Aleksandar Mitrovic lifted Serbia into the group's top spot on 20 points, three more than second-placed Portugal, which only needed a draw to finish on top on goal difference and qualify.

Instead, Ronaldo & Co. will head into the March playoffs with the other group-stage runners-up to try to reach Qatar 2022.

Mitrovic beat home goalkeeper Rui Patricio with a downward header at the far post to spark wild celebrations on Serbia's bench after visiting captain Dusan Tadic had cancelled out an early Renato Sanches opener for Portugal

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/soccer/report/_/gameId/590222%3fplatform=amp

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's World Cup Hopes Take Hit As Serbia Shock Portugal To Win Gro by obonujoker(m): 11:51pm On Nov 14, 2021
Portugal and play offs
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's World Cup Hopes Take Hit As Serbia Shock Portugal To Win Gro by MarveworldG: 11:55pm On Nov 14, 2021
Bad record for Portugal in a long time
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's World Cup Hopes Take Hit As Serbia Shock Portugal To Win Gro by Fuckthamods: 12:02am On Nov 15, 2021
This very expensive mistake from the officials is costing portugal the world cup.. It's as if the whole world is against CR7, even the organisers of football.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's World Cup Hopes Take Hit As Serbia Shock Portugal To Win Gro by TheGiftedOne(m): 12:22am On Nov 15, 2021
GOAT wey no fit chew leaf. But this Vlahovic na better striker ooo. Good to know he'll be in the WC.

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's World Cup Hopes Take Hit As Serbia Shock Portugal To Win Gro by Kingcalls: 12:24am On Nov 15, 2021
Portugal should sue FIFA if the fail to make it... that game can be awarded to them if they take it to the court of sports arbitration.... Ronaldo scored in the 93rd minute of stoppage time abd that wud have been a certain victory , with that 3 points , they wud have been guaranteed 1st place and a spot in Qatar.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's World Cup Hopes Take Hit As Serbia Shock Portugal To Win Gro by DICKstractor: 12:43am On Nov 15, 2021
undecided

No maguire and Ole to blame. Let's all blame the commentator

8 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's World Cup Hopes Take Hit As Serbia Shock Portugal To Win Gro by Georgejeez: 12:52am On Nov 15, 2021
Playing for Man utd and Portugal at this time should be included among the one of the ways to develop high BP

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's World Cup Hopes Take Hit As Serbia Shock Portugal To Win Gro by Kingcalls: 1:38am On Nov 15, 2021
DICKstractor:
undecided

If u have nothing sensible to say, go and sleep

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's World Cup Hopes Take Hit As Serbia Shock Portugal To Win Gro by paulolee(m): 3:58am On Nov 15, 2021
all dey needed was a draw jus like spain but dey couldn't do d needful..
dey may scale tru d playoffs n be part of next year world cup but needs to step up dier game, and stop this continuous searching for cr7 to bail dm out or else dey may not pass d group stage if its a strong group...
putting ur hope on a player dt finished a crucial game without a shot on target is a big mistake waiting to happen..
dey are no Luxembourg, Armenia, gilbrata malta etc in world cup oo...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's World Cup Hopes Take Hit As Serbia Shock Portugal To Win Gro by paulolee(m): 4:00am On Nov 15, 2021
obonujoker:
Portugal and play offs
they would scale through bt it wasnt needed bcoz all dey need was a draw bt dier goat went silent all 90 mins bcox it wasnt his favorite top ranking teams like lithuania, andora, gilbrata, armenia, kosovo or luxembourg dt he usually scores against..
someone below is blaming sanchez for being over confident bcox he decided to score instead of passing to cr7 to score his usual tap-ins, he said Sanchez cost Portugal forgetting its d same renato dt scored d only goal..
wait o, is it a must for cr7 to kip scoring tap-ins? is it fair for him to stay in d box n scores from other player hustle n hardwork while he scores n takes d glory??
if the cr7 hustle for him goal or join d build up n lay assist for others, the reff go disallow d goal??
this cr7 fans with dier bias excuse isn't getting funny again....

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's World Cup Hopes Take Hit As Serbia Shock Portugal To Win Gro by paulolee(m): 4:05am On Nov 15, 2021
Fuckthamods:
This very expensive mistake from the officials is costing portugal the world cup.. It's as if the whole world is against CR7, even the organisers of football.
wow....let d excuse starts rolling in...the world is against cr7 abi? even fifa president hates cr7 n dnt want to see him in world cup n dts why ur cr7 finished d game at home last nite with no shot on target abi?
Bro, dt mistake u talking about is long gone, Wat's Portugal excuse for not winning against Ireland and not getting even a draw last nite?
why did cr7 went silent all nite? tot u guys said he is d man for big occasion, or mayb dt big occasion are now world class teams like Luxembourg, Malta, gilbrata, Armenia n kosovo dt mbappe scored 4 against....

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's World Cup Hopes Take Hit As Serbia Shock Portugal To Win Gro by paulolee(m): 4:09am On Nov 15, 2021
DICKstractor:
undecided

lolz ...dey are all blaming one disallowed goal forgetting dt dey played extra 7 games n still couldn't do d needfull
another joker said d whole world n even fifa n uefa president hates cr7 n dts why d cr7 ghosted all tru yesterday game with no single shot on target...
if na lithuania, andorra or Luxembourg, e go score hattrick, off shirt n dey show fans e 6 packs..
if na Argentina jonze like dis, dey would all lay blames n curses on messi, now its cr7 dm de shift blames on even FIFA president dt dnt gv a fck abt cr7...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's World Cup Hopes Take Hit As Serbia Shock Portugal To Win Gro by oladipuposadeeq(m): 6:17am On Nov 15, 2021
Fuckthamods:
I knew that will come back to hunt them but let's see how it will end.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's World Cup Hopes Take Hit As Serbia Shock Portugal To Win Gro by Kingcalls: 6:38am On Nov 15, 2021
paulolee:

all dey needed was a draw jus like spain but dey couldn't do d needful..
dey may scale tru d playoffs n be part of next year world cup but needs to step up dier game, and stop this continuous searching for cr7 to bail dm out or else dey may not pass d group stage if its a strong group...
putting ur hope on a player dt finished a crucial game without a shot on target is a big mistake waiting to happen..
dey are no Luxembourg, Armenia, gilbrata malta etc in world cup oo...

How many shots on target did other players have.... Ronaldo remains the best positioner on the box , Sanchez had the chance to square the ball to an open Ronaldo to put it in an empty net, but instead he decided to go for goal knowing the keeper had closed him down ...that wud had made it 2 and game over...thats my problem with playing over confident kids ...thats the same reason bayern let him go

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's World Cup Hopes Take Hit As Serbia Shock Portugal To Win Gro by unbitchable(m): 7:11am On Nov 15, 2021
paulolee:

lolz ...dey are all blaming one disallowed goal forgetting dt dey played extra 7 games n still couldn't do d needfull
another joker said d whole world n even fifa n uefa president hates cr7 n dts why d cr7 ghosted all tru yesterday game with no single shot on target...
if na lithuania, andorra or Luxembourg, e go score hattrick, off shirt n dey show fans e 6 packs..
if na Argentina jonze like dis, dey would all lay blames n curses on messi, now its cr7 dm de shift blames on even FIFA president dt dnt gv a fck abt cr7...
cheesy cheesy
Bro, me i just dey laff dem here. I won't quote any of ronaldo fangirls crying on this thread. I love to keep reading their stupid excuses, blame games and accusations. Those slowpokes are even blaming his teammates and fifa but do not blame the ghost.
Don't worry too much, Portugal will qualify, the old fraud has the most followers on Instagram, so Fifa would like to make money and make his fangirls happy.
Fifa will most likely give Portugal one of the farmer's countries like North Marcedonia for easy play off. Fifa will rig the old fraud into world cup through penalties or red card. The old fraud must enter world cup.
A group with Ireland, Serbia and Luxembourg, yet the old fraud couldn't qualify. His fangirls were waiting for him to score his 800th goal so they can boast as usual. The old fraud has become a virus in his team both club and country.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's World Cup Hopes Take Hit As Serbia Shock Portugal To Win Gro by paulolee(m): 7:16am On Nov 15, 2021
Kingcalls:

How many shots on target did other players have.... Ronaldo remains the best positioner on the box , Sanchez had the chance to square the ball to an open Ronaldo to put it in an empty net, but instead he decided to go for goal knowing the keeper had closed him down ...that wud had made it 2 and game over...thats my problem with playing over confident kids ...thats the same reason bayern let him go
guy stop dis joke bcox its not funny anymore...u seriously blaming d only goal scorer in dt game bcox he didnt pass d ball to ur man to score his usual tap in n take all d glory as usual?? like are u being serious? or u jus joking??
secondly u said sanchez over confidence made Bayern dump him, incase u dnt kno, he was Portugal best player in dt last euros after cr7, or must u paint others bad wenever ur man have a bad game?
my boy, is better u keep quiet wenever cr7 ghosts like dis in crucial games than making a joke of urself....if pikin bad, tell am say him bad, no need to side am..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's World Cup Hopes Take Hit As Serbia Shock Portugal To Win Gro by Kingcalls: 7:18am On Nov 15, 2021
paulolee:

they would scale through bt it wasnt needed bcoz all dey need was a draw bt dier goat went silent all 90 mins bcox it wasnt his favorite top ranking teams like lithuania, andora, gilbrata, armenia, kosovo or luxembourg dt he usually score 5 goals against n it Seems all dese top teams would be in world cup
dt means cr7 can win it for Portugal bcoz he do score in such big games against them..

Stop saying all these things...when will u stop trolling for goodness sake... mbappe dint score a single goal in the Euros but blasted 4 past Kazakhstan, kane scored a hat-trick against Albania but cudnt score Poland, Lewandowski scored 2 goals against Andorra but cudnt find the net against England....if its Ronaldo,
u will start trolling Ronaldo has scored more top teams in competitive games than any other player presently....like as if Ronaldo hasn't scored them b4 , if not for FIFA and their ojoro... they wud have qualified yesterday, after Ronaldo scored the winning goal against them in the first leg... stop this ur hatred schemes it tells how uncultured u are ...u seem like a person that speak evil against people that are better than u... if I had a friend like u, I will stop all communications with him cos u rig of evil jealousy and u are very pretentious.... u act like u are concerned but deep down u are very happy when u see others facing predicaments

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's World Cup Hopes Take Hit As Serbia Shock Portugal To Win Gro by Kingcalls: 7:19am On Nov 15, 2021
paulolee:

d same over confidence sanchez received d ball after silver stole it from d sleeping defender n scored inside d box wen ur man was waiting for tap in n everybody was happy..
now u. ar blaming him for not passing d ball to ur man to score tap in n take all d glory as usual?? like are u being serious?
Wetin go happen if ur cr7 receive ball or hustle him own ball n lay gv others for dm to score tap in? must DM continue doing all d work while e waits inside d box to enjoy d finish products?
secondly u said sanchez over confidence made Bayern dump him, incase u dnt kno, he was Portugal best player in dt last euros after cr7, it would b portugal loss if dey drop him bcox cr7 n Portugal will be more exposed by d likes of Fernandez, b.silver n calvaho, d.jota dt hardly mark n cover distance unlike sanchez...

U are a very bitter soul... I pity ur life or anyone around u... Portugal will Still qualify and Ronaldo will still score in the playoffs then I will come bk to u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's World Cup Hopes Take Hit As Serbia Shock Portugal To Win Gro by chicoMX(m): 7:24am On Nov 15, 2021
grin
E be like you don take meth this morning
Kingcalls:
Portugal should sue FIFA if the fail to make it... that game can be awarded to them if they take it to the court of sports arbitration.... Ronaldo scored in the 93rd minute of stoppage time abd that wud have been a certain victory , with that 3 points , they wud have been guaranteed 1st place and a spot in Qatar.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's World Cup Hopes Take Hit As Serbia Shock Portugal To Win Gro by unbitchable(m): 7:32am On Nov 15, 2021
paulolee:

d same over confidence sanchez received d ball after silver stole it from d sleeping defender n scored inside d box wen ur man was waiting for tap in n everybody was happy..
now u. ar blaming him for not passing d ball to ur man to score tap in n take all d glory as usual?? like are u being serious?
Wetin go happen if ur cr7 receive ball or hustle him own ball n lay gv others for dm to score tap in? must DM continue doing all d work while e waits inside d box to enjoy d finish products?
secondly u said sanchez over confidence made Bayern dump him, incase u dnt kno, he was Portugal best player in dt last euros after cr7, it would b portugal loss if dey drop him bcox cr7 n Portugal will be more exposed by d likes of Fernandez, b.silver n calvaho, d.jota dt hardly mark n cover distance unlike sanchez...
Bro, the slowpoke condemning Sanchez doesn't know anything about football aside ronaldo's anus. Anyone blaming Sanchez is an idiot. Without the old fraud, that Portugal team would qualify top of the group. The team plays very well and are difficult to beat whenever the old fraud is not playing.
The reason why Portugal failed to qualify in that group was because the old fraud was always chasing personal glory. It is 'me above the team', as long as he scores. His fangirls have already bought cows to slaughter and celebrate if he scored his 800th goal. That was the only thing the old fraud and his fangirls were concerned about, the team's qualification was less important to them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's World Cup Hopes Take Hit As Serbia Shock Portugal To Win Gro by paulolee(m): 7:33am On Nov 15, 2021
Kingcalls:

Stop saying all these things...when will u stop trolling for goodness sake... mbappe dint score a single goal in the Euros but blasted 4 past Kazakhstan, kane scored a hat-trick against Albania but cudnt score Poland, Lewandowski scored 2 goals against Andorra but cudnt find the net against England....if its Ronaldo,
u will start trolling Ronaldo has scored more top teams in competitive games than any other player presently....like as if Ronaldo hasn't scored them b4 , if not for FIFA and their ojoro... they wud have qualified yesterday, after Ronaldo scored the winning goal against them in the first leg... stop this ur hatred schemes it tells how uncultured u are ...u seem like a person that speak evil against people that are better than u... if I had a friend like u, I will stop all communications with him cos u rig of evil jealousy and u are very pretentious.... u act like u are concerned but deep down u are very happy when u see others facing predicaments
comrade calm down....no b fight....na online banter u don de carry enter offline case n no b so we bin talk am na..
u now sounding loyal because ur man fired blank, u now talking about others scoring against small countries bcoz ur man is involved...
my boy, u also called messi elba man forgetting dt he gat more goals against athletico, madrid, sevilla than d said elba but u bin no reason am..
u now calling my banter hatred forgetting dt nobody you bitter in real life wen u were criticizing messi for not scoring in 5 league games, even wen dt same messi had 3 goals in 3 UCL games o....table don turn n you say i dnt want others progress in life.....guy u are a just a kid n a bitter hypocrite dt cant handle his tantrums.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's World Cup Hopes Take Hit As Serbia Shock Portugal To Win Gro by paulolee(m): 7:36am On Nov 15, 2021
Kingcalls:

U are a very bitter soul... I pity ur life or anyone around u... Portugal will Still qualify and Ronaldo will still score in the playoffs then I will come bk to u
same I pity any one around u bcoz I know u are frustrated rite now..
Portugal will qualify n messi wont score in the league abi? or u tot he would end up goaless before u were calling him a failure bcoz of his goaless 5 games...
see as u de shoot urself for leg...we all know dey would qualify bt d situation currently is dt dey lost n he ghosted all tru d game but one childish fan is blaming the player who scored dier only goal bcox he didnt pass to dier goat to score his usual tap-in....I swear u b big joke

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's World Cup Hopes Take Hit As Serbia Shock Portugal To Win Gro by paulolee(m): 7:38am On Nov 15, 2021
chicoMX:
grin
E be like you don take meth this morning
I swear....d gee jus de yarn dust....I regret say I even reply e mention...him reasoning too low abeeg

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's World Cup Hopes Take Hit As Serbia Shock Portugal To Win Gro by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 15, 2021
cry cry cry cry
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's World Cup Hopes Take Hit As Serbia Shock Portugal To Win Gro by Counteryou: 7:49am On Nov 15, 2021
Kingcalls:

Ronaldo flopped big time yesterday, so for once just blame him. He doesn’t rise up to big occasions like he should be doing sometimes ( At least he is one of the best player around like me and you will agree). How can a supposed GOAT play 90 minutes against Serbia and not have a shot on target. I don’t hate him but that guy should be given the stick when needed. I have never read you giving him a stick, it’s all praises when he won and all excuses when he lost. Be a responsible fan criticize him when he needs to be criticized.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's World Cup Hopes Take Hit As Serbia Shock Portugal To Win Gro by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 15, 2021
unbitchable:

cheesy cheesy
Bro, me i just dey laff dem here. I won't quote any of ronaldo fangirls crying on this thread. I love to keep reading their stupid excuses, blame games and accusations. Those slowpokes are even blaming his teammates and fifa but do not blame the ghost.
Don't worry too much, Portugal will qualify, the old fraud has the most followers on Instagram, so Fifa would like to make money and make his fangirls happy.
Fifa will most likely give Portugal one of the farmer's countries like North Marcedonia for easy play off. Fifa will rig the old fraud into world cup through penalties or red card. The old fraud must enter world cup.
A group with Ireland, Serbia and Luxembourg, yet the old fraud couldn't qualify. His fangirls were waiting for him to score his 800th goal so they can boast as usual. The old fraud has become a virus in his team both club and country.

grin

Because the ghost is John Cena "You Can't See Him"

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's World Cup Hopes Take Hit As Serbia Shock Portugal To Win Gro by WibusJaga: 8:02am On Nov 15, 2021

Cr7 should better retire from International football b4 these small boys go mess him & his goat record up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's World Cup Hopes Take Hit As Serbia Shock Portugal To Win Gro by unbitchable(m): 8:12am On Nov 15, 2021
Counteryou:

Ronaldo flopped big time yesterday, so for once just blame him. He doesn’t rise up to big occasions like he should be doing sometimes ( At least he is one of the best player around like me and you will agree). How can a supposed GOAT play 90 minutes against Serbia and not have a shot on target. I don’t hate him but that guy should be given the stick when needed. I have never read you giving him a stick, it’s all praises when he won and all excuses when he lost. Be a responsible fan criticize him when he needs to be criticized.
It was Ole's fault cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's World Cup Hopes Take Hit As Serbia Shock Portugal To Win Gro by olayiwola72(m): 9:07am On Nov 15, 2021
Ronaldo wey old age don dey disturb grin ;

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's World Cup Hopes Take Hit As Serbia Shock Portugal To Win Gro by ambitiouschap17: 9:35am On Nov 15, 2021
TheGiftedOne:
GOAT wey no fit chew leaf. But this Vlahovic na better striker ooo. Good to know he'll be in the WC.

That guy don dey terrorise serieA, with fiorentina hope he stay in that form for long.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uyo Stadium Opening: Nigeria Name Squad To Face Ghana / Highly Educated Footballers In Premier League History / Christian Eriksen Pictured For The First Time Since Leaving The Hospital(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.