Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,173 members, 7,815,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

How Did You Get Your International Passport? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Did You Get Your International Passport? (7198 Views)

How To Get Your International Passport In 5 Steps / How Did You Survive Your Divorce In The UK? / How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Get Your International Passport? by Emem2000: 2:27pm On Nov 15, 2021
How did you get your international passport? How much did you pay? How long did it take?
In July, we decided to renew our passports. Asked two immigrations officials at the Ikoyi office and both said 90k for 64 pages(10 years). We checked online and it was 70k so we paid online, continued process through servicom and captured first week of August. We were told it'll take 4 weeks. Sadly until now passports aren't ready.
Is there an official channel for complaints please?
Re: How Did You Get Your International Passport? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 15, 2021
Emem2000:
How did you get your international passport? How much did you pay? How long did it take?
In July, we decided to renew our passports. Asked two immigrations officials at the Ikoyi office and both said 90k for 64 pages(10 years). We checked online and it was 70k so we paid online, continued process through servicom and captured first week of August. We were told it'll take 4 weeks. Sadly until now passports aren't ready.

paid 70k for 32 page 5 years.

I did ever every and captured on same day I paid.

this is Nigeria, federal agencies are corrupt. They will give preference to those who paid them that 90k in person

11 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your International Passport? by Emem2000: 3:18pm On Nov 15, 2021
Wow! That's almost twice the official cost. Was this recently? How long before you got your passport please?

We were able to capture same day we submitted forms but they asked us to keep our files along with other servicom files.

I honestly wish we could fight back. The corruption is massive
Re: How Did You Get Your International Passport? by tundeblack: 3:52pm On Nov 15, 2021
90k max 5 days

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Get Your International Passport? by Emem2000: 5:39pm On Nov 15, 2021
looks like the stories about booklets not being available aren't true.
tundeblack:
90k max 5 days
Re: How Did You Get Your International Passport? by Amiralord: 6:03pm On Nov 15, 2021
Renewed my passport last two months 64 pages for 5 years within 3weeks For 60k.On a norms na 1week but there's need for the modification of my name on my NIN.Festac office
My woman will be going for 32 pages 5years for 45k this coming Friday and am certain it won't exceed one week.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your International Passport? by Chiefologuro: 6:23pm On Nov 15, 2021
I paid 90k first week in September for my Wife and daughter's PP. Did capturing the following week till now the PP is not ready for collection.
Re: How Did You Get Your International Passport? by Raph82(m): 6:48pm On Nov 15, 2021
Ur passport should be ready, am sure of that. Try and get their WhatsApp number on Facebook and chat them up one on one. I did mine at Oshogbo passport office and this was how I went about it. Don't expect that they will call to tell u that it's ready.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your International Passport? by sotall(m): 6:50pm On Nov 15, 2021
Emem2000:

Same thing with me.

Nwver knew the Federal government could be useless as this.

Applied and paid 45k for passport whose official cost is 28k.
It is boldly written in their office that it takes 3 weeks for you to collect your passport.

After capturing you will be given a printout that says you will get your passport in 2 months.

After two months, you go to their office and they tell you its not ready.
You keep going and theh keep telling you its not ready.
Re: How Did You Get Your International Passport? by Emem2000: 7:45pm On Nov 15, 2021
It's good to hear there's a chance of finding an official line to reach them. I'll check Facebook. Thanks
Raph82:
Ur passport should be ready, am sure of that. Try and get their WhatsApp number on Facebook and chat them up one on one. I did mine at Oshogbo passport office and this was how I went about it. Don't expect that they will call to tell u that it's ready.
Re: How Did You Get Your International Passport? by Emem2000: 9:19pm On Nov 15, 2021
Please where are did you process yours? I've not heard of anyone in Lagos that got passport within a week recently.
Amiralord:
Renewed my passport last two months 64 pages for 5 years within 3weeks For 60k.On a norms na 1week but there's need for the modification of my name on my NIN.Festac office
My woman will be going for 32 pages 5years for 45k this coming Friday and am certain it won't exceed one week.
Re: How Did You Get Your International Passport? by Emem2000: 6:20am On Nov 16, 2021
It's really disappointing. My fear is waiting this long only to hear "record not found, you have to capture again and wait". Such a corrupt system.
sotall:

Same thing with me.

Nwver knew the Federal government could be useless as this.

Applied and paid 45k for passport whose official cost is 28k.
It is boldly written in their office that it takes 3 weeks for you to collect your passport.

After capturing you will be given a printout that says you will get your passport in 2 months.

After two months, you go to their office and they tell you its not ready.
You keep going and theh keep telling you its not ready.
Re: How Did You Get Your International Passport? by ohye(f): 12:07pm On Nov 30, 2021
Please Bro ,I need to get in osogbo,how did you go about it please,and how long does it take to get the passport.Thanks

Raph82:
Re: How Did You Get Your International Passport? by Raph82(m): 12:42pm On Nov 30, 2021
ohye:

Please Bro ,I need to get in osogbo,how did you go about it please,and how long does it take to get the passport.Thanks

Come down to their office in Oshogbo, but before then, how soon do u need the passport and how do u intend to pay for it? Is it online or u want to pay directly in their office? In my case, I applied and paid online, I only went for capturing in their office. Lastly, are u applying freshly or renewal?
Re: How Did You Get Your International Passport? by lokoloko84(m): 3:54pm On Nov 30, 2021
Raph82:
Bro how much did you pay for yours in Osogbo?
I want to know cost of renewal and duration of collection.
Re: How Did You Get Your International Passport? by BunmiBie: 4:16pm On Nov 30, 2021
Did mine in Ibadan, in September.
We paid 50k for adults and 40k for a toddler.
It came out after five days.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Get Your International Passport? by Chamberman(m): 11:13pm On Dec 01, 2021
BunmiBie:
Did mine in Ibadan, in September.
We paid 50k for adults and 40k for a toddler.
It came out after five days.
I need express ....can I dm
Re: How Did You Get Your International Passport? by ohye(f): 2:02am On Dec 06, 2021
Am In osogbo, I want to apply online,I don't need it urgently tho

How long does it take before you get yours.

Am applying freshly.
People are discouraging about the online payment.

Can I have your number please

Raph82:
Come down to their office in Oshogbo, but before then, how soon do u need the passport and how do u intend to pay for it? Is it online or u want to pay directly in their office? In my case, I applied and paid online, I only went for capturing in their office. Lastly, are u applying freshly or renewal?
Re: How Did You Get Your International Passport? by ollyboy009(m): 6:25am On Dec 06, 2021
Sorry guys, is it possible to apply for passport for a month old baby? If yes, do i have to register him for NIN as requested for we adults? if not, at what age should i apply for his passport?
Thanks
Re: How Did You Get Your International Passport? by Raph82(m): 9:49am On Dec 06, 2021
ohye:
Am In osogbo, I want to apply online,I don't need it urgently tho

How long does it take before you get yours.

Am applying freshly.
People are discouraging about the online payment.

Can I have your number please

0*8*0*3*2*4*2*9*0*8*9 chat me up on whatsapp
Re: How Did You Get Your International Passport? by crowbar(m): 1:03am On Dec 09, 2021
If you are in Abuja and you need urgent international passport, 64 pg, 5 yrs, dm me
Re: How Did You Get Your International Passport? by azeezengr(m): 10:31am On Jun 05, 2022
Good morning fellow nairalanders. I do not know if anyone could be of help or has had similar experience before.

I applied for international passport renewal late last month (May, 2022), the one I had expired in 2015 and there is need for mer to get a new one because of an opportunity that beckons

After I have applied for renewal and the processing has commenced, part of the requirement sent to me is presentation of my old international passport on the day of appointment for capturing (June 22, 2022). It was at that point I realized that I couldn't locate my old passport. I have searched everywhere and it is becoming obvious that it is lost.

Meanwhile, I have a scanned copy of my expired international passport, but official at the immigration office are insisting that I have to present booklet or else I will forfeit the money paid as I would not be capture for new one without presentation of the old one

I need help from anyone that has had similar experience or in position to assist please
Re: How Did You Get Your International Passport? by Etinosa1234: 12:22am On Jun 06, 2022
azeezengr:
Good morning fellow nairalanders. I do not know if anyone could be of help or has had similar experience before.

I applied for international passport renewal late last month (May, 2022), the one I had expired in 2015 and there is need for mer to get a new one because of an opportunity that beckons

After I have applied for renewal and the processing has commenced, part of the requirement sent to me is presentation of my old international passport on the day of appointment for capturing (June 22, 2022). It was at that point I realized that I couldn't locate my old passport. I have searched everywhere and it is becoming obvious that it is lost.

Meanwhile, I have a scanned copy of my expired international passport, but official at the immigration office are insisting that I have to present booklet or else I will forfeit the money paid as I would not be capture for new one without presentation of the old one

I need help from anyone that has had similar experience or in position to assist please

Explain to an immigration officer that u lost ur passport but try to get the passport ID from the scanned copy.. That's what they are looking for

BTW, I was asked to bring my former passport sha
Re: How Did You Get Your International Passport? by Otitodilijesu: 2:39pm On Jul 20, 2022
ollyboy009:
Sorry guys, is it possible to apply for passport for a month old baby? If yes, do i have to register him for NIN as requested for we adults? if not, at what age should i apply for his passport?
Thanks

Yes, the baby has to be registered for NIN
Re: How Did You Get Your International Passport? by Hassanoscope(m): 11:02am On Sep 22, 2022
Please who has Capturing at Ikoyi office today 22nd September 2022 ?
Re: How Did You Get Your International Passport? by Giorgia: 6:27pm On Sep 22, 2022
Is it necessary to bring Nin if I have my old passport?
There is a mistake on my nin in the date of birth, instead of 13/02/1998 it's 14/02/1998 but my old passport has the right date of birth.
WHAT I DO IF I WANT TO RENEW IT?
Re: How Did You Get Your International Passport? by motab(m): 9:25am On Dec 01, 2022
If I start the processing of passport today how long will it take to get it
Re: How Did You Get Your International Passport? by Levels1(m): 4:07pm On Dec 01, 2022
Giorgia:
Is it necessary to bring Nin if I have my old passport?
There is a mistake on my nin in the date of birth, instead of 13/02/1998 it's 14/02/1998 but my old passport has the right date of birth.
WHAT I DO IF I WANT TO RENEW IT?

Hello please how do you later solved this issue?

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Will Reciprocate Visa Denials And Delays – Gbenga Ashiru / Challenges Of A "Marwa" Transporter In Ibadan / Enugu Tricycle Riders Union Responds To Accusation Against Enugu Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.