Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,061 members, 7,814,651 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

How To Get Your International Passport In 5 Steps - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Get Your International Passport In 5 Steps (50812 Views)

What's The Cost Of Obtaining An International Passport In Nigeria? / Nigeria Passport In 1982 When $1164.84 Was N800 / International Passport In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get Your International Passport In 5 Steps by nlfpmod: 3:47pm On Jul 23, 2022
As shared by Feli Nwa, a Nigerian Twitter user.

I paid 26k online for my International Passport and got it within 6 weeks.

I didn't have to pay anybody.

Here is a thread how to get your International Passport in 5 Steps

STEP 1: Register Online

Visit the registration portal, fill in the required details and continue.

N.B The standard passport (sometimes appears as standard e-passport) is for regular citizens, while official passport is for govt officials & diplomats.

Fill in your personal details, Contact details and next of kin details.

Doing this will generate an 'Application ID' and 'Reference Number' for you.

STEP 2: Pay online.

32 pages/5yrs - 25,000
64 pages/5yrs - 35,000
64 pages/10yrs - 70,000
Plus online payment charge

STEP 3: Gather your documents.

Here are the documents you will need:
1. Letter of ID from L.G/State of Origin
2. NIN (They said or NIN, me I sha submitted both)
3. Passport Application Form (You will see an option to print the form you filled online.)
4. Passport Photograph

5. Guarantor's Form signed by commissioner of oath. (Link to form below)

Don't let big English scare you. Print the guarantor's form, and find an eligible person to sign, then go to court.

An eligible guarantor is one with an International Passport.
https://passport.immigration.gov.ng/search/VTJGc2RHVmtYMTkvb2M3QlN4YXNqaTZaNy9IRW5OeFNLZDhzZXJwU0Rxaz0%3D

Don't let the word 'court' scare you either.

Go to a high court, and ask how you can get a commissioner for oaths stamp (less than 1k)

Or pay one the people doing affidavit to process it for you (about 1500 or 2k).

6. Acknowledgement slip & evidence of payment (from the site).

7. Birth Certificate (If your DOB is from Dec 1992) But it's not heavy to carry, so sha just carry it in case.....

You are to go with both the originals and photocopy of your documents. They will see the original, return it to you, and keep the photocopy.

STEP 4: Go to the office for submission and capturing.

After registration and payment, you get an appointment date. Visit the office on that date to submit the documents you have gathered and get your biometrics captured.

Some things you should know about capturing����

1. Don't wear white: You will be captured against a white background
2. No coloured hair: You will be asked your hair colour during registration, let your hair be as close to that color as possible
3. No dropping earrings (I think it's because of the shadow)

Bonus tip: Don't wear off shoulder. I wore off shoulder for mine, and now it looks like I was not wearing anything in my passport ��.

Also, if you wear contacts, stick to your natural eye colour for the capturing.

STEP 5: Collection

After capturing, your watch (abi na count) officially begins.

Usually, you receive an SMS when it is ready. (But I didn't get any because my line was on DND sha). I sha just went after 6 weeks and got it.

A friend got hers in 4 weeks.

I had done mine in Alausa.

Between December when I got mine, and February when above mentioned friend got hers, I have noticed some improvement in the process.

E.g.
1. My own time, submission and capturing were on 2 different days. Now, it's just one day.

2. No appointment date when I did mine, I just went when I was ready, now they have appointment dates.

3. The site is much more easier to use now.

I am hopeful that when you begin your process, you will find it easier.

Yours,
Explainer Feli��

https://twitter.com/feli_nwa/status/1550769933830815744?t=EHwOzhZjNd4Px-IjQW7zqQ&s=08

112 Likes 44 Shares

Re: How To Get Your International Passport In 5 Steps by morikee: 3:57pm On Jul 23, 2022
Mine took a while though even with the engunje.

11 Likes

Re: How To Get Your International Passport In 5 Steps by iampeterben(m): 3:58pm On Jul 23, 2022
Thanks @OP for this information, God bless you ma'am.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Get Your International Passport In 5 Steps by IMASTEX: 3:59pm On Jul 23, 2022
Which country please abeg?

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How To Get Your International Passport In 5 Steps by Realtalk20: 3:59pm On Jul 23, 2022
This is Nigeria they will frustrate you just follow the below steps and thank me later

STEP 1 BRIBE THE OFFICIAL
STEP 2 BRIBE THE OFFICIAL
STEP 3 BRIBE THE OFFICIAL
STEP 4 BRIBE THE OFFICIAL
STEP 5 BRIBE THE OFFICIAL

167 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How To Get Your International Passport In 5 Steps by iHart(m): 3:59pm On Jul 23, 2022
Ok na
Re: How To Get Your International Passport In 5 Steps by iCauseTrouble: 3:59pm On Jul 23, 2022
I got mine same day years ago. Sometimes, you just have to use money to buy time.

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get Your International Passport In 5 Steps by bibibonita: 3:59pm On Jul 23, 2022
Informative
Re: How To Get Your International Passport In 5 Steps by hemucology(m): 3:59pm On Jul 23, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: How To Get Your International Passport In 5 Steps by inspiredbelieve: 3:59pm On Jul 23, 2022
Passport!!!! not international passport! Naija English..lol

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get Your International Passport In 5 Steps by MrMMBM(m): 3:59pm On Jul 23, 2022
Thanks for the tips.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Your International Passport In 5 Steps by adioolayi(m): 3:59pm On Jul 23, 2022
grin

I am not doubting the OP and the process highlighted ...

But ..

I just hope it's not something he/she decides to put out to gain likes and retweets or to project the image of Nigeria's Immigration Services...

Anyways..if you want to try...try the steps highlighted, but the last time I checked...those officers will frustrate you and that journey of 6weeks she said, if you no pay extra to the officers, go take months!!!

Good luck.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Get Your International Passport In 5 Steps by OgaDeyVex: 4:00pm On Jul 23, 2022
Oga Dey Vex Is Following The Thread
Re: How To Get Your International Passport In 5 Steps by Treasure17(m): 4:00pm On Jul 23, 2022
Will consider this when Buhari is no more our president because he might wake up tomorrow and invalidate all passports.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get Your International Passport In 5 Steps by yusufu16: 4:00pm On Jul 23, 2022
nlfpmod:
As shared by Feli Nwa, a Nigerian Twitter user.

https://twitter.com/feli_nwa/status/1550769933830815744?t=EHwOzhZjNd4Px-IjQW7zqQ&s=08

Honestly sometime, we Nigerians are the ones spoiling the country. We are always in a hurry and want to get it fast through the back door by paying above the official price.

8 Likes

Re: How To Get Your International Passport In 5 Steps by iconicceo: 4:01pm On Jul 23, 2022
Very informative, thanks for this!

Off topic: Remember 2023 is the year to correct everything that’s wrong with the current Nigeria, vote for a credible candidate and without tribe or religion sentiment.

As for me and my family, we are fully Obidient and Yusful❤️

14 Likes

Re: How To Get Your International Passport In 5 Steps by Akinzola: 4:01pm On Jul 23, 2022
Thanks
Re: How To Get Your International Passport In 5 Steps by taurusmena1(m): 4:01pm On Jul 23, 2022
Please what is the process for renewal?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get Your International Passport In 5 Steps by Alwaysready(m): 4:01pm On Jul 23, 2022
grin

Thanks,I got mine already
Re: How To Get Your International Passport In 5 Steps by INTEGRITYA1(m): 4:01pm On Jul 23, 2022
Nice one
Re: How To Get Your International Passport In 5 Steps by TangoPredict(f): 4:01pm On Jul 23, 2022
The timeframe is now longer, Things have changed

8 Likes

Re: How To Get Your International Passport In 5 Steps by mastermaestro(m): 4:01pm On Jul 23, 2022
Gist! grin Better go to their office and do the needful. Maybe you nor wan capture in the next one year. grin

25 Likes

Re: How To Get Your International Passport In 5 Steps by pocohantas(f): 4:01pm On Jul 23, 2022
I got mine in a week.

Went to their office very well dressed. One officer saw me and said he has seen his wife. I said me kwa, I have seen my husband.

That was how he was carrying my file upandan.
“Capture my wife!”.

E ask for number, I give am.

Two days later I told him I want to take him for lunch. He said “haba, by 2pm? I would be working”. Of course I knew he would be working. I just wanted it to be on record that I offered. Though I knew his response before asking.

Immediately he called that my passport was out. I collected it and blocked him.

#CheersToChivalry. grin grin

132 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How To Get Your International Passport In 5 Steps by KingAzubuike(f): 4:02pm On Jul 23, 2022
Yes you'll get it through these steps

But until after several months.

3 Likes

Re: How To Get Your International Passport In 5 Steps by Igboslayer: 4:02pm On Jul 23, 2022
Not always the case…if you know you know.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get Your International Passport In 5 Steps by ndukwejoe(m): 4:02pm On Jul 23, 2022
Just in passing it is better to have other country passport than Nigerian passport ,my experience in Dubai

3 Likes

Re: How To Get Your International Passport In 5 Steps by honestivo(m): 4:02pm On Jul 23, 2022
What about the financial implications

2 Likes

Re: How To Get Your International Passport In 5 Steps by frankmoney(m): 4:02pm On Jul 23, 2022
As much as the system is corrupt , Nigerians also aide corruption by giving bribes . From government to citizens all corrupt

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get Your International Passport In 5 Steps by inoki247: 4:02pm On Jul 23, 2022
he easy to yarn for mouth until you've to wait till 6 to 7 month with no booklet story...

Abeg move this thing to Joke section....

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get Your International Passport In 5 Steps by phemmyfour: 4:02pm On Jul 23, 2022
Yinmu ....the thread is a pure joke grin

BTW, it's called passport not international passport

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About / FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months / Nigerian Woman Racially Abused A White Man On Train Going To London (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.