Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,583 members, 7,840,400 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student (92276 Views)

UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma / University Of Abuja Students Beat Lecturer After Exams (Video) / Mufutau Waliu: Ogun Poly Lecturer Shot Dead - Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by ogaontop(m): 7:09am On Nov 16, 2021
lexy2014:

i didnt say she should have waived anything for him. manner of approach is important. its very likely that she was condescending and rude hence the conversation led to the altercation. the whole excuse that nigerian lecturers are "overworked and stressed" hence it justifies their repulsive behaviour is unacceptable. they continuously use that refrain to continuously intimidate students. many nigerians are "overworked and stressed". there are many nigerian graduates earning 15k, 20k working as school teachers and putting in unbelieveable shifts without job security (which lecturers enjoy) yet they dont vent their anger on the school children committed to their care. how do u impact the lives of those u despise because u say u are "overworked and stressed"? it shows that these underpaid nigerians are much better than our lecturers who see themselves as gods.
When adults behave like kids, that's what they See, her throwing a mug at him is wrong, very wrong but from this statement,
”I got angry, I don’t know what came over me, I started arguing and she told me to leave her office, I told her if I don’t leave, what is she going to do?"
Has he not provoked her to do her worst??

2 Likes

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by torvickof1312(m): 7:12am On Nov 16, 2021
EmperorTolson:
Imagine that a student beat his lecturer to stupor for throwing mug at him.

What do you think will happen to that lecturer if that same student was rusticated cos of the said lecturer?

My thought as well. What will be of the lecturer if the insane addict should be dismissed from the school?

This guy need to sign life sentence if anything happen to the lecturer in case he is dismissed.

The lecturer need immunity against any decision of the school.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by dzeros(m): 7:16am On Nov 16, 2021
I am so tired of hearing the sentence " I don't know what came over me". No one ever knows what comes over them when they are acting stupid. Fool, your studentship is over, next time you will see what is coming over you and dodge it, Idiot.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Strongbest(m): 7:16am On Nov 16, 2021
Crazy. You don't know what came over you? You have to take it from me, this boy is on drug.

He even beat her to comma, ah! Well, I hope the system treats you well.

When I first read the news I knew the guy can't be a responsible human, no reason should warrant you laying hand on your lecturer. We all went to school and have witnessed even tougher treatment from some lecturers but we were never at anytime so stupid to engage them in a wrestling, a female lecturer for that matter.

You were trying to put the woman's career at risk by trying to force her wave your compulsory SIWES. So later when anything comes up and it is discovered you didn't go for SIWES the system will begin to ask how you were freed and the woman will need to answer the question.

As for me, if anyone for any reason does such to any of my female relatives that is a lecturer, I will make sure I find the boy myself and do to him what needs to be done.

Let's forget it, if you act stupid you will be treated "stupid"

3 Likes

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by lexy2014: 7:16am On Nov 16, 2021
yemex04:

She listened and Lecturer was obviously not convinced with is narrative for skipping the mandatory SIWES program hence she told her she could not help him and by implication extra year.. Look at his response when the lecturer told her to leave her office, he said"what if I don't leave, what will u do"? Imagine that.. The guy is a bully or a Cult member otherwise, the wise thing to would have been to walk away at that point then reach out to another or several of the lecturer's colleagues who can be more lenient and help him persuade the lecturer because at this point you need her to jump some protocols in your favour..

theres a difference between hearing and listening and manner of approach matters a lot. in my post which u responded to, i said

"some lecturers lack empathy, are unapproachable, rude and condescending. most of them vent on students, transferring the aggression from their personal problems on students. they dont have the ability and patience to listen, empathise and help students deal with personal issues which might be affecting their studies.

these you havent been able negate. can you say for a fact that the lecturer didnt exhibit any of the traits i mentioned which made the conversation turn into an altercation?

according to you "The guy is a bully or a Cult member". how did you arrive at that conclusion? if you say he is abully, how does throwing a mug at him now make her a saint? isnt that bullying? how does a lecturer now start behaving like an agbero and throwing objects at a student? what if it a was knife or cutlass in her possession? it means she would have thrown that him too

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Crossroad1(m): 7:19am On Nov 16, 2021
ab1x:
It is not an enough reason to beat her up. You just succeeded in ruining your life and career that is if you have one in the first place.
he will not only have an extra year, he will have so many extra years.
Maybe he should start looking the college of education way or apprenticeship
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:19am On Nov 16, 2021
Even when police release you, no Govt sch in Nigeria will accept you.

Meanwhile you know she has grow up children abi?

I pirry this one
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by lexy2014: 7:20am On Nov 16, 2021
ogaontop:

When adults behave like kids, that's what they See, her throwing a mug at him is wrong, very wrong but from this statement,
”I got angry, I don’t know what came over me, I started arguing and she told me to leave her office, I told her if I don’t leave, what is she going to do?"
Has he not provoked her to do her worst??

who is the adult behaving like a kid? you are saying "her throwing a mug at him is wrong, very wrong" but at the same time you still saying that it was right and justified. meanwhile, i dont see how all you have said negates any of the points i made in my previous post
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Henrypraise: 7:21am On Nov 16, 2021
after4:
So rather than spend an extra year you chose to be rusticated, nice choice. Some people were not well trained at home. How can you have the guts to beat someone who is old enough to be your teacher

What has training got to do with the post? This boys narration clearly shows the lack of empathy in Nigeria and the instances where police brutality has boomeranged into future problems...

I remember the frustration I felt each time I left my office to go do clearance and the "big madam" was never on seat, she was either somewhere making aproko or still home attending to her business, I became enraged and caused an uproar, whilst some staffs took my side and acknowledged the "big madam's" lackadaisical attitude, some staffs tried to come me...

If truly we want to reform Nigeria, the refi should start from tge institutions and family circle, they hold the key, because that's where a whole lot of Nigerians went through to learn wickedness and stupidity...

Ehn destroy his life and render him useless, tomorrow he turns to an arm robber and kills 12 people on the high way, then you say nonsense...

I once went to work during an exam and I bless Mr. Usele of PTI and how he explained to me why I will be getting a spill, I enjoyed my spill and got the maximum mark out if it...

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by slimmax: 7:22am On Nov 16, 2021
wallay77:
Ok...this one foolish....during my final year project...my hod was my supervisor....he showed me pepper...my saving grace was fasting and prayer....anytime I want to carry my project to him....I gats fast only then him dey do normal....but if I no fast..hmm he go be like cheat dey my body...he go pursue me like flies....anyways I thank God sha
Your own good , my supervisor held me at chapter 2 for 2years. I been reason wetin dis guy do but 3rd year dem change my supervisor
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Obasempirecomdy: 7:28am On Nov 16, 2021
Did gender don't have any reason to fight with you . Na matter wey ni suppose cause quarrel na em make my girlfriend spark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFAY_UVMDL8
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Michaelota: 7:28am On Nov 16, 2021
This guy is an idiot
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Truvelisback(m): 7:29am On Nov 16, 2021
after4:
So rather than spend an extra year you chose to be rusticated, nice choice. Some people were not well trained at home. How can you have the guts to beat someone who is old enough to be your teacher
The guy will not graduate again. Even if he graduates, he won't pass her course. Na lecturer u dey take play. I know of someone of whom a lecturer has refused to let him pass his course, just because guy insulted him. The guy don beg tire.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Strongbest(m): 7:32am On Nov 16, 2021
backbencher:
Fun part about this thread is the ones justifying the action of the student in beating up the lecturer because 'she threw a mug at him'

Okay, let's accept he is telling the truth. All he needed to do was to leave the office and report to the Police....and get a doctor's report detailing the injuries to his face (Yeah, I know, Nigerian police is a joke and all, plus he won't have wanted to go back to a police station after spending 2 months in lag police cells...but in cases like this, get a police report for future refrences)

Once he beat up the lecturer, that made his case more complicated. Plus, let's be frank, as has been reported, the guy had been pestering his lecturer for ages

Second, it seems that many people somehow are accusing the lecturer of 'frustrating him' Note that the guy was asking the lecturer for something impossible...that she should waive his SIWES requirement. Something that cannot be done by a common lecturer.

The fact is, I doubt it was a waiver he was looking for...he was looking for the lecturer to help him lie to the authorities that he had done his SIWES when he didn't do it. And she said no, and he lost his temper. Now he is in trobule.

Finally, for those justifying the attack on the lecturer on the grounds that 'some lectuers deserve a beating'...really? If we applied that rule in real life, we would end up in big problems. Self control

Got to get to work now...

And some of them will also be beating their parents grin

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by apparentlylaw(m): 7:35am On Nov 16, 2021
Na so one Hausa lecturer almost made me fail a course in my final year …I wasn’t the one talking in the exam hall and this man ended my exam session and walked me out …I went to him later and told him later
“Look if I fail this course, I would surprise and you and I smiled …he understood the statement and called me back telling me not to be angry …that in fact I won’t fail”
More diplomatic ways of handling issues
I don’t even think the SIWES program can be waived sef..that’s like a fucking 6 or 12 credit unit course …even if it’s to be waived I believe it’s only the HOD of that department that has such authority
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by noskcid(m): 7:37am On Nov 16, 2021
[/b]wetin you go do for Lagos when school dey on session or your family members no know say you dey detention wey you take miss the exam?
In all your doings as a student, don’t appear before a panel in your higher institution.[b]
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by emma2002(m): 7:39am On Nov 16, 2021
Lagos has over 25million people and the only moment you entered police thought you are a thief!

Your own is finished...
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Gentew(m): 7:40am On Nov 16, 2021
ab1x:
It is not an enough reason to beat her up. You just succeeded in ruining your life and career that is if you have one in the first place.

Dropping out of school doesn't equate to ruining is life. Some lecturers deserves beating.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Babatojide: 7:45am On Nov 16, 2021
JUDGES OF THE WORLD grin
If I’m not there from the beginning
Then i can NEVER UNDERSTAND THE SITUATION. cool
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by wallay77(m): 7:46am On Nov 16, 2021
Jesusdiedhaha:

Religion again. Nonsense.
That's why Nigeria will remain this way even in the next 200 years.
Bro u no go understand...am not religious at all....if I tell u the last time I went to church u no go believe....but I swear wetin my eye see for the man side only what I mentioned there saved...somebody that didn't touch my project at all...the day of defence self I no bath...let me not start saying everything here
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by shineeye1: 7:52am On Nov 16, 2021
sammy329:

https://community.vanguardngr.com/forum/topics/why-i-beat-female-lecturer-to-coma-unilorin-400l-student-speaks

Previous thread
https://www.nairaland.com/6848909/400l-unilorin-microbiology-student-beat

This is what you get when you flood university campuses with never dowells by making jamb cutoff 100! A naturally designed motor park tout gets 100 marks over 400 and you open university gates for him because you have made education a business where you must get money from everybody. This is what you get - deal with it, if you can! Stupid and clueless generation!!!
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by stanliwise(m): 7:54am On Nov 16, 2021
GboyegaD:

You said it all, law student. Anyways, if he has a lawyer that knows his onions, there is no measure to what would count as self-defense from my understanding.
Abegi you’re just being unrealistic.
Because the school, na charge and bail dem go carry Abi?
They too no sabi carrry better lawyer shey?
Think from both angle
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by dontai(m): 7:54am On Nov 16, 2021
Lekison:
Op you didn't report exactly how he told his side of the story.
abi, very biased report.

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by joetem(m): 7:54am On Nov 16, 2021
BlissGod:

How do you know he was accused unjustly?
Can you prove it or believe the cook and bull story?
What makes you think he might not be under the influence of drugs?
What fairness, his reason was baseless with no proofs backing him?
Do you know his history academically or socially?

Am not defending the lecturer but any human who lacks self-control doom awaits them.

It takes a lot to be a teacher/lecturer, trust me, no one listened to him. Even if its suspected to be a cook up story, he should have been refered to the school's counsellor/psychologist. Find out the truth before casting aspersions. Even if he was lieing and found out, there is a way they will counsell him and guide him to accept the judgement without him going haywire
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by shineeye1: 7:58am On Nov 16, 2021
Jesusdiedhaha:

Religion again. Nonsense.
That's why Nigeria will remain this way even in the next 200 years.

A man says God helped him and you are here displaying your imbecility by criticizing him for being "religious"! When and where did depending on God become an offense? In your deranged mind , no doubt. Ewu goat!!!
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by ScotMisile: 7:58am On Nov 16, 2021
EXLOVER:
[b] Some years back i wanted to beat one of my female lecturer also, she always rude to me. On that very day, i went to her office very high, my mood was very rugged, she really humbled her self and even offered me a lift after

After that day, we banged till i left that school, non of my friends was away[b]
must you end your story with a lie? U banged till you left...is that how cheap a married lecturer is?

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 16, 2021
stinflame:

You right never the less, a dicey situation and it needs to be handle with outermost care.
To me the reason for her punishing the young man hold no water. SIWES is a 6 month program, and it's actually a program where most youths don't even engage completely in it most youths just sit at home and do other things. Yes he missed 2 months ,then he should be ready to work for the next 4 months under her strict supervision and checkmate.
If his claims of unjustly been detain by the police is true of which we have no reason to doubt , then the Woman should have applied wisdom in dealing with him. She should have seen him as a child who needs direction ,with a good Conversation both of them will arrive at a great conclusion.
The university is not meant to break you and a mistake from a growing lad in the university should be met with stiff punishment but mind you it shouldn't break the lad.
While in School those days I see grade 'C' as just the least grade one should get. Anything less than that is actually a waste. Scoring such Student an E is actually a way of the mouse that eats you up, while blowing some cool breeze. You aren't breaking him up immediately but as he grow old he begins to see the effect, and as we all know he gets mature and he can withstand the effect of such, unlike how devastating it can be when he was younger.
The only field of study that i won't shift ground for is in the medical field.

The woman wasn't telling him anything difficult. He missed his SIWES, he has to do it.

Even if I means extra year.

If the woman was deliberately failing him, that's another matter but the fact is , he beat up his lecturer over one measly year.

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by warlordd(m): 8:05am On Nov 16, 2021
The guy is an armed robber in the making, little wonder he was detained by the police.

2 Likes

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by shineeye1: 8:05am On Nov 16, 2021
EXLOVER:
Some years back i wanted to beat one of my female lecturer also, she always rude to me. On that very day, i went to her office very high, my mood was very rugged, she really humbled her self and even offered me a lift after

After that day, we banged till i left that school, non of my friends was away

Another self-confessed acada-misroad! Tell us who you are now? No doubt one of the armies of decadence plaguing the nation - a kidnapper, rapist, election rigger, legislooter, executhief or something..
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by riczy(m): 8:08am On Nov 16, 2021
U av a link with criminals if u are nt one! If I tell u wat I suffered in d hand my B.sc/M.sc supervisors, it never occurred to me to chose the violent path! U are a thug simple. Go n face d music!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

How Many Of These Primary 4 Questions Will You Be Able To Answer?(pics) / IMSU Lecturers, Esogbuonye Agomuo & Victor Obinna Njoku In Sex Scandal / Female Secondary Students Drink Beer, Celebrate WAEC Final Paper In Cross River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.