Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,030 members, 7,863,693 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 12:05 AM

Whats My Best Relocation Choice? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Whats My Best Relocation Choice? (22819 Views)

Married Guys That Relocated To The UK, Whats Your Experience / Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? / Family Relocation Abroad! Mature Advice /input Requested! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by boladale123: 9:44pm On Nov 25, 2021
ednut1:
she is only after selling you ebook lol. Dont fall for it

Ok, thanks
Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by Cruziero75: 10:50pm On Nov 25, 2021
Abeg ask am again like Askamaya Bees.

liricaliblunt:

You've probably used that medium to get into Canada right?
Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by BigDan69: 10:52pm On Nov 25, 2021
VanuatuWycombe:

Save yourself the headache and climb the tree from where it is easiest. You will eventually go to Canada or the US with ease.
Manage your N5m and go for practical Agri-Business Management course in Estonian University of Life Sciences, Tartu. You will study across 3 countries and you are 100% guaranteed to get work in top notch agri businesses/companies.

Your details pls, I nerd to contact you

Your family will be able to join you later. You can reach out to me for guidance, if you don’t mind. It’s piece of mind guaranteed.
Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by BigDan69: 10:53pm On Nov 25, 2021
VanuatuWycombe:

Save yourself the headache and climb the tree from where it is easiest. You will eventually go to Canada or the US with ease.
Manage your N5m and go for practical Agri-Business Management course in Estonian University of Life Sciences, Tartu. You will study across 3 countries and you are 100% guaranteed to get work in top notch agri businesses/companies.

Your family will be able to join you later. You can reach out to me for guidance, if you don’t mind. It’s piece of mind guaranteed.

I need to contact you, kindly drop your number
Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by Greenvaiper: 11:09pm On Nov 25, 2021
[quote author=Attit post=107955255]

Germany
You arent single anymore. If your spouse can cope with the language and lifestyle, why not? Your kids will not have trouble since they are growing up there. So, it is more of your spouse.

Australia
It's a good option, but during Covid-19 the Australian govt treated foreign students like trash. Indians have abandoned the country. It is a good option, but calculate very well. They speak English and you will have no trouble.

Canada
It is always the best option for Nigerians who can go through the skilled program. But life in Canada is not that exciting, I must let you know, except you are in a bubbling place like Ontario.

US
Overall in the future, this is your best option. But your chances are slim since you are married. You will end up divorcing your wife and marry another there to get your permanent stay. There is no other way ooooo. So, if you are a christian or a principled person, just forget this option. It is good for singles.

Alternative[/b]
The U.K is one of your best shots. Listen, if you have 5 million, hmmmmm....maybe you can get a cheap school. Just go to the UK ooo. Visa is very easy now if your account is loaded. On top, you are able to work outside as a student. You just need to worry about your first year pay. Then, hustle the rest of tuition over there. The good news is that after your education, you have automatic 3 years visa to stay behind and look for job as a PhD graduate. Master is 2 years. Brexit and Covid-19 has injured the UK economy and they are sourcing for skilled and unskilled workers in Asia and Africa seriously. The whole of EU got out of the UK after Brexit. That thing is hard presently on the British economy. Anyone who gets in now before they are stabilized has a bright future there. To me, the UK is your best bet since you habe a family.

But if you can hustle the US or Canada, great! Think twice about Germany. The derterminant factor whether to go to Germany is your spouse.

Agric expert
I am not sure you know the goodies in Agric in Nigeria. If you are an expert, why do you want to run away permanently? For what? Oga, go and learn artificial insemination and start producing cattles for dairy products. You will never regret it. Or is it vegetables -tomato, cucumber, cabbage, okra etc? You will make it huge. What have you been doing since you have access to agric info? Or are you just a theoretical expert?

Let me advise you, whatever you do, do not leave Nigeria and lock yourself up there since you are into agric. Chai! Opportunities are here. Come on. If it's just 3 months you can come to Naija in a year and you enter bush, millions will roll out. Your foreign exchange is a bonus to move your farm forward. Oga, if you know practical, you will not just be talking like this. You will be balling money presently.

If I were you, I would find a way to combine doing agric in naija and living abroad.

Anyway, goodluck sir!

[/b] Oga, at the bolded. Haven't u realized that security issues are chasing people away from agriculture presently in Nigeria?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by GeneralDae: 11:15pm On Nov 25, 2021
[quote author=Greenvaiper post=107966187][/quote]
Security issues chasing people from agriculture yet some are still making it big. There are always more than one side to a story.
The truth is Nigeria is where you can make it big in agriculture. Snail farming, Rice production, and what have you.
Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by Attit: 11:58pm On Nov 25, 2021
Greenvaiper:
Oga, at the bolded. Haven't u realized that security issues are chasing people away from agriculture presently in Nigeria?
Check the thread for OP's response to that post. He knows the gold in it.

Only people who srent in agric makes noise about herdsmen. Herdmen disturb mainly grains. Do cattles eat cassava? Have you ever hesr of them moving into a cassava farm? Have you ever heard of them moving into vegetables farms? If you go for vegetables, you are safe. You dont even need massive large unlike grains. One of my friends who was attacked was by arm robbers which can happen in anyone. Even kidnapping dont happen in farms. It's on ones way there if one isnt careful just like you can be kidnapped when going to work. Kidnappers puvk travellers first.

Oga, dairy production and vegetables production are very safe form of farming. You can easily fence your farm round for diary, and even create barriers in vegetable farms. See, just avoid grains when you know they are around cos they will move into your farm. What will they be doing in a cabbage, cucumber, tomato, pepper, lettuce, eggplant, zucchini, melon, watermelon etc farm? I have not heard of any sing occurence.
Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by calcal: 2:51am On Nov 26, 2021
JungleJustice01:
I've been thinking strongly of relocating these past couple years and I've made up mind I'm going for it in 2022.

I'm awaiting my IELTS result already and will redo if needed.

A little bio
31 years with about 8 years professional experience in Agric, top tier companies, married with 1 child and expecting one by June next year. I'll be able to come up with #5million for this project.

3 options on my mind.

1. Canada skilled migration
2. Australian skilled migration
3. Post graduate in Germany.

I've breezed through their pages but there's so much information to consume and so right now, I want to make a reasonable choice I can follow through to the end.

Which option do I have/has the best prospects for me please. I've thought of USA post graduate but the tuitions are just too high.

Thanks

As a professional farmer, Australia is your best choice, many villages are looking for persons like you.
Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by ImaIma1(f): 5:47am On Nov 26, 2021
JungleJustice01:
I've been thinking strongly of relocating these past couple years and I've made up mind I'm going for it in 2022.

A little bio
31 years with about 8 years professional experience in Agric, top tier companies, married with 1 child and expecting one by June next year. I'll be able to come up with #5million for this project.

3 options on my mind.

I've breezed through their pages but there's so much information to consume and so right now, I want to make a reasonable choice I can follow through to the end.

Which option do I have/has the best prospects for me please. I've thought of USA post graduate but the tuitions are just too high.

Thanks

There are schools in the US that offer up to full scholarships if you have a good GRE score. Get a good score, write a great personal statement and anticipate. Plus the US has many job opportunities.

Germany is ok too, though you have to learn the language.

1 Like

Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by JesusDWay(m): 6:17am On Nov 26, 2021
JungleJustice01:

A little bio

3 options on my mind.

Thanks

Canada might still be your best option, especially if the course you studied in school is not related to your work experience. Better you relocate as a permanent resident than as a student.

As for Canada, check the provincial nomination programmes and see which one you can qualify for while waiting for the direct FSW programme as that pool is full and pouring over now.

1 Like

Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by SavageResponse(m): 6:38am On Nov 26, 2021
JungleJustice01:

A little bio

3 options on my mind.

Thanks

All of una wan run comot for Nigeria abi? grin
Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by VanuatuWycombe: 7:22am On Nov 26, 2021
BigDan69:

I need to contact you, kindly drop your number
Can you send me an email from my bio here, please?
Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by Smithkline200: 8:19am On Nov 26, 2021
Dear OP,

5M cannot get you to Germany, especially as a married man.
Also, Canada chances is very slim with that sum.

Don’t know much about Aussie but I think UK would be easier for you.
The only issue is most schools in the UK are freaking expensive.
I got admission with North Umbria University, New Castle, when they sent me the bills to pay, it was almost £23,000.

The worse is most schools in the UK pay per semester. I think US is ok but you might not get in ASAP until late 2022 or 2023.

Poland currently is the new gold but you can never easily get appointments to their embassy. You might wait for 5 months and still no invite.

Norway is great, but remember it is the most expensive place in the world when it comes to cost of living.
But education and healthcare is free. But you gats have like 160,000 NOK and have it deposited in their provided account before you can start the process and 5M is less than the 160K NOK.

Try Sweden, Switzerland(very cold) or try Malta, Estonia and Lithuania.

These are great country with good life. After your studies you can also relocate from there easily to the USA or Canada.

All the best!

2 Likes

Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by Yaks02(m): 4:05pm On Nov 26, 2021
JungleJustice01:

Can't thank you enough. The US has always been a top choice for me but due to the requirements...I'll give the PhD option a try as I'm also open to just getting a Post graduate degree and returning to Nigeria as I've got business here as well.

I didn't know Germany and Australia have become so tough.

Side note: Is Poland/Norway Post graduate still as accessible as it used to be?

Thanks once again

Another option, go follow @drlindaiheme (vantage migration? on Instagram you'll get all details you need to run an Msc on a full scholarship in CANADA, you can travel with family as well. I assure u by May 2022 u fit don comot naija
Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by weoai(m): 5:56pm On Nov 26, 2021
I don't know who this Gerrard59 guy is but all I can is super kudos to your analysis!

E no easy to see person wey ready help another person in the modern times. Your info is so spot on and highly appreciated

Thank you and God bless

Gerrard59:

Good option is postgraduate studies in Germany. You deposit the fund into a block account, which gets released to you upon arrival in Germany. However, the process in obtaining a visa as a Nigerian in Nigeria is onerous and the worst I've read in my entire life. This is because due to the sheer demand of people who want to flee Nigeria, Covid-19 disruption which resulted in logjam of applications and maybe a change to dissuade prospective applicants, the process for applying a student's visa has two categories - A and B. Where Category A: students who got scholarships from governments, organisations or the school. Basically, you're funded by a third party. Also, if you have a first class within a certain period of time (check the embassy and thread). This Category will have your application processed quickly and you get invited for an interview. Category B: You have a 2.1 and below, self-funded etc. This will have your application processed at a later date and takes a year (again, check the thread). See why I mentioned it being onerous and worst ever read about? You have folks in Category B who got admitted but because they are in that category, their visa interview dates are allocated at dates beyond resumption dates and sometimes the following year. That's, you apply for admission for say September batch but don't get a visa interview till say June meanwhile classes commenced the previous year. Compare it to Japan where you apply for admission into the October intake, get a visa interview once your certificate of eligibility arrives (usually a month before, that's, August), head to embassy, get the visa and travel to Japan. Also, you're married and a father, this will incur more expenses if you intend carrying them along.

Better option is Canada express entry. You go through the process and all things being equal, you get ITA sometime next year. However, 5M will not be enough as a family man with two children. If I'm not mistaken, single applicants are required to possess POF of C$12, 000. Unless you go alone through the competitive process, you're patient, have a very high IELTS score of 8888, be prepared to learn French if need be etc.

Best option is the United States With your level of experience and hopefully a good grade, you can apply for a direct PhD and here's the juicy stuff; as a PhD student, you don't pay tuition fees as the department will waive it for you, get a stipend, you can bring your children and wife to the US; and yes, the school will fund you for that. Also, you have an easier path to green card and eventually citizenship after graduation. Now, the process entails you looking for a professor whose research theme aligns with yours. Send cold emails (see this link for in depth details: https://anumightytm.medium.com/part-two-guide-to-graduate-studies-in-the-united-state-of-america-us-38142f48d1f0), write the GRE to improve your chances, hopefully your IELTS score has a Listening score of at least 8 to improve your chances of getting teaching assistantships. Unfortunately, it's late to commence the process now as most schools offer funding for Fall season (August) as opposed to spring (March/April). So, what do you in the interim? Prepare very well for the journey and guess what? You will spend max N2M (inclusive of flight tickets) for this option because at the end of the day, you are not paying tuition fees nor providing living expenses. Why PhD instead of a masters? You're 31, don't have about 15M+ to present to the visa officer, long work experience and married with two children. An MSc doesn't favour you as most times, the school will not fund you. Trust me, if you opt for this option, you would be in the US mid-2023.

P.S. Forget the Australian option, you don't have the money as it's way more expensive than Canada's, your age doesn't favour you and maybe your occupation is not in high demand.

Best wishes!

1 Like

Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by Ugmama(m): 7:29pm On Nov 26, 2021
JungleJustice01:

Tuition fees are high and some friends who studied in the UK didn't even wait for their convocation before running back to Nigeria.
I don't know if things have changed now though.

@Gerrard.59, finally got my IELTS result and it was 8.0 on dot. Moving on

Please can you share the ielts study materials you used.

Mail
Ugmama2010@yahoo.com
Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by Ch1g: 11:17pm On Nov 26, 2021
How can one apply to this post graduate opportunity.

Gerrard59:

Good option is postgraduate studies in Germany. You deposit the fund into a block account, which gets released to you upon arrival in Germany. However, the process in obtaining a visa as a Nigerian in Nigeria is onerous and the worst I've read in my entire life. This is because due to the sheer demand of people who want to flee Nigeria, Covid-19 disruption which resulted in logjam of applications and maybe a change to dissuade prospective applicants, the process for applying a student's visa has two categories - A and B. Where Category A: students who got scholarships from governments, organisations or the school. Basically, you're funded by a third party. Also, if you have a first class within a certain period of time (check the embassy and thread). This Category will have your application processed quickly and you get invited for an interview. Category B: You have a 2.1 and below, self-funded etc. This will have your application processed at a later date and takes a year (again, check the thread). See why I mentioned it being onerous and worst ever read about? You have folks in Category B who got admitted but because they are in that category, their visa interview dates are allocated at dates beyond resumption dates and sometimes the following year. That's, you apply for admission for say September batch but don't get a visa interview till say June meanwhile classes commenced the previous year. Compare it to Japan where you apply for admission into the October intake, get a visa interview once your certificate of eligibility arrives (usually a month before, that's, August), head to embassy, get the visa and travel to Japan. Also, you're married and a father, this will incur more expenses if you intend carrying them along.

Better option is Canada express entry. You go through the process and all things being equal, you get ITA sometime next year. However, 5M will not be enough as a family man with two children. If I'm not mistaken, single applicants are required to possess POF of C$12, 000. Unless you go alone through the competitive process, you're patient, have a very high IELTS score of 8888, be prepared to learn French if need be etc.

Best option is the United States With your level of experience and hopefully a good grade, you can apply for a direct PhD and here's the juicy stuff; as a PhD student, you don't pay tuition fees as the department will waive it for you, get a stipend, you can bring your children and wife to the US; and yes, the school will fund you for that. Also, you have an easier path to green card and eventually citizenship after graduation. Now, the process entails you looking for a professor whose research theme aligns with yours. Send cold emails (see this link for in depth details: https://anumightytm.medium.com/part-two-guide-to-graduate-studies-in-the-united-state-of-america-us-38142f48d1f0), write the GRE to improve your chances, hopefully your IELTS score has a Listening score of at least 8 to improve your chances of getting teaching assistantships. Unfortunately, it's late to commence the process now as most schools offer funding for Fall season (August) as opposed to spring (March/April). So, what do you in the interim? Prepare very well for the journey and guess what? You will spend max N2M (inclusive of flight tickets) for this option because at the end of the day, you are not paying tuition fees nor providing living expenses. Why PhD instead of a masters? You're 31, don't have about 15M+ to present to the visa officer, long work experience and married with two children. An MSc doesn't favour you as most times, the school will not fund you. Trust me, if you opt for this option, you would be in the US mid-2023.

P.S. Forget the Australian option, you don't have the money as it's way more expensive than Canada's, your age doesn't favour you and maybe your occupation is not in high demand.

Best wishes!
Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by Greenvaiper: 12:39am On Nov 27, 2021
ednut1:
stop deceiving people. If its easy you would have been in Canada with it

Don't mind @preciouseke.
Easier said than done.

Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by ednut1(m): 2:32am On Nov 27, 2021
Greenvaiper:

Don't mind @preciouseke.
Easier said than done.
saved. I will keep exposing the useless marketers hustling for commission from their 25k ebook. Low lifers
Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by Beolly(m): 1:11pm On Nov 29, 2021
Smithkline200:
Dear OP,

5M cannot get you to Germany, especially as a married man.
Also, Canada chances is very slim with that sum.

Don’t know much about Aussie but I think UK would be easier for you.
The only issue is most schools in the UK are freaking expensive.
I got admission with North Umbria University, New Castle, when they sent me the bills to pay, it was almost £23,000.

The worse is most schools in the UK pay per semester. I think US is ok but you might not get in ASAP until late 2022 or 2023.

Poland currently is the new gold but you can never easily get appointments to their embassy. You might wait for 5 months and still no invite.

Norway is great, but remember it is the most expensive place in the world when it comes to cost of living.
But education and healthcare is free. But you gats have like 160,000 NOK and have it deposited in their provided account before you can start the process and 5M is less than the 160K NOK.

Try Sweden, Switzerland(very cold) or try Malta, Estonia and Lithuania.

These are great country with good life. After your studies you can also relocate from there easily to the USA or Canada.

All the best!

My eyes on Norway next year.

1 Like

Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by zanshi: 5:44pm On Dec 01, 2021
[quote author=Greenvaiper post=107966187][/quote]

Some days i am cross roads should i live or stay with the coins i have saved here.

My intrest is in Agro so help me jah.
Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by GeneralDae: 6:31pm On Dec 01, 2021
zanshi:

Some days i am cross roads should i live or stay with the coins i have saved here.

My intrest is in Agro so help me jah.
If your interest is in Agro and you know what you are doing/ what you want, and you are able to find some good connects here and there, I think Nigeria would favour you more.

In my opinion, except for a possibly better security, abroad should only be considered by people who are mostly young ( say below 35) and are going for greener pastures to better their state in Nigeria, either through University or a direct job offer.

If you are doing well in Nigeria or you know the agric business and how to profit from it in Naija, then I don't really see why you'll need abroad except for holidays.
Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by BigDan69: 8:20pm On Dec 25, 2021
VanuatuWycombe:

Can you send me an email from my bio here, please?

Okay boss
Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by JungleJustice01: 8:18am On Mar 19, 2022
Ugmama:

Please can you share the ielts study materials you used.

Mail
Ugmama2010@yahoo.com
Hello Ugmana, sorry for the late response.

I used the following
1. IELTS training modules on the British council website.
2. E2 and Liz IELTS on Youtube
3. Listened daily to the British podcast on Spotify.
Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by yunqdady: 8:07am On Mar 21, 2022
Abba114:
if i have the money you have and also a job i will not go anywherre
Not everyone is myopic. Some people have high aspirations in life.
Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by Naijaolosho2: 9:18am On Mar 23, 2022
odimbannamdi:

Interesting! So on which type of visa application would the family use to reunite with the primary applicant?

There's what they call 'family reunion visa'
Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by vicath(f): 12:45pm On Mar 24, 2022
JungleJustice01:

A little bio

3 options on my mind.

Thanks

Mauritius is relatively cheap. Schools are UK standard and you can get upto 10 years post study visa.

1 Like

Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by prettynuly: 7:52am On Mar 25, 2022
vicath:

Mauritius is relatively cheap. Schools are UK standard and you can get upto 10 years post study visa.
are you in Mauritius no
Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by vicath(f): 10:56am On Mar 26, 2022
prettynuly:
are you in Mauritius no

No..I have students in Mauritius

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UK Advises Citizens Against Travels To Anambra, Other states / Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians / Which Country Can 10m Take Me To In This Present Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.