Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,523 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? (41047 Views)

Buses In Toronto Canada Vs Lagos Nigeria (Video) / Abuja Vs Lagos Which Is A Better Place To Live In / Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 03, 2020
Good evening guys, i just want to know which city between Lagos and Abuja is more advisable for relocation.

Now my number one criterial is safety, a residence that is crime free.

I need a location where i know that no matter the political situation of the country, i am 100% save. The Budget is not a problem at all.

All I'm after is safety between Lagos island, lekki and environs and the main Abuja city.
Which is the best for relocation most especially safety from crime.

A city that will give me the modern city feel, security, infrastructure and access to international connect. Like a powerful neighborhood.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Pauldollars(m): 8:14pm On Mar 03, 2020
ZuesGOD:
Good evening guys, i just want to know which city between Lagos and Abuja is more advisable for relocation.

I need a location where i know that no matter the political situation of the country, i am 100% save. The Budget is not a problem at all.

All I'm after is safety between Lagos island, lekki and environs and the main Abuja city.

A city that will give me the modern city feel, security, infrastructure and access to international connect. Like a powerful neighborhood.

Cc justwise lalasticlala mynd44

Abuja is relatively safer than Lagos especially if you're staying around Asokoro or Maitama. Moreover we have more security agents located in those places. Place like Lekki, VI and Banana Island in Lagos are also owk if you can afford an apartment there. However, you will need to be extra security at alert. More so Lagos is also a nice place for beach picnics, shows, and a lot of fun if you are the type that loves to hangout.
But I will always prefer Abuja to Lagos

186 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Kylekent59: 8:21pm On Mar 03, 2020
Beer palor would finish your money here in lagos. Every Sunday evening, you see niggas, old men, young people; boys and girls squandering their monthly salary or profit they made that week.

When Landlord knocks on the door for his rent, they start complaining.

If you wanna reside in lagos, be prepared.

134 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Pauldollars(m): 8:22pm On Mar 03, 2020
ZuesGOD:

Abuja is relatively safer than Lagos especially if you're staying around Asokoro or Maitama. Moreover we have more security agents located in those places as a result of their proximity to the Presidential Villa and National Assembly. Places like Lekki, VI and Banana Island in Lagos are also owk if you can afford an apartment there. However, you will always need to be extra security at alert. More so Lagos is also a nice place for beach picnics, shows, and a lot of fun if you are the type that loves to hangout.
But I will always prefer Abuja to Lagos. Just get your own power supply and air-condition your house from the constant heat.

9 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Cleanworld(f): 8:54pm On Mar 03, 2020
ZuesGOD:

if you are single Lagos is the place to be but if not Abuja has serene environment for family

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Mar 03, 2020
Cleanworld:

if you are single Lagos is the place to be but if not Abuja has serene environment for family
I am single, so Abuja has no social life for singles?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 03, 2020
Kylekent59:
Beer palor would finish your money here in lagos. Every Sunday evening, you see niggas, old men, young people; boys and girls squandering their monthly salary or profit they made that week.

When Landlord knocks on the door for his rent, they start complaining.

If you wanna reside in lagos, be prepared.

what I'm concerned about is not about the money but safety of my life and friends and family incase they visit.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 03, 2020
Pauldollars:

Abuja is relatively safer than Lagos especially if you're staying around Asokoro or Maitama. Moreover we have more security agents located in those places as a result of their proximity to the Presidential Villa and National Assembly. Places like Lekki, VI and Banana Island in Lagos are also owk if you can afford an apartment there. However, you will always need to be extra security at alert. More so Lagos is also a nice place for beach picnics, shows, and a lot of fun if you are the type that loves to hangout.
But I will always prefer Abuja to Lagos. Just get your own power supply and air-condition your house from the constant heat.
Thanks very much.
By my own power supply you mean solar and Generator right?
But I'm sure that the electricity in places like asokoro and maitama should be atleast 20 hours daily.

As for places like banana island and lekki In Lagos, I'm more concern about flood because recently i discovered that most rich people and billionaires that have houses in those areas are most part of the year don't stay in the country.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Greenleafstore(m): 9:48pm On Mar 03, 2020
I heard there's an app for bus booking in Nigeria, check it out and tell us your experience.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Cleanworld(f): 10:41pm On Mar 03, 2020
ZuesGOD:

its quite boring. most are tied down there because of government jobs

80 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Nobody: 4:50am On Mar 04, 2020
Cleanworld:

its quite boring. most are tied down there because of government jobs
Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Coolberry: 8:34am On Mar 04, 2020
ZuesGOD:

Abuja has a very good social life but not the gra gra or wahala type. Really cool and posh night life on a low compared to lagos. It's about knowing the right places and people.

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by DModeCntStopMe: 10:58am On Mar 04, 2020
shocked

None

They are both located in a zoohole, simply ask God for His direction that is if you believe in God

You can make it anywhere irrespective of your location. It might interest you to know that folks in Abuja and Lagos are looking for where to relocate to

Your best bet is leaving this shithole if you have the opportunity

Your greedy politicians have stolen almost everything that belongs to you and your unborn children and stocked for their useless children even to their 10th generation

I wish you all the best in your quest to carve out an niche for yourself and family

Shallom!

39 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Mistaicey2288: 10:59am On Mar 04, 2020
Hmmm OP since you're all about safety and good life and not bothered about the budget, then i must say Abuja is the place for you.. I personally wouldn't mind relocating to Abuja once God blesses me abundantly... Stress free easy life. You can just establish a snall business to be managing yourself. You have access to good infrastructure like road networks. Pretty stable electricity too as well as secured environment . Places like Wuse 2, Garki, Maitama etc are very nice places.. These places are more like you're living abroad. You enjoy your life to the fullest and get whatever you want. But bear in mind that they're pretty expensive places too...

If you hadn't said you aren't bothered about the budget and also not more about safety but mostly about business and opportunities, I would have said Lagos is the best option between the two..

24 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Basiratalented(f): 10:59am On Mar 04, 2020
I can really say but lagos is quite more cosmopolitan and it's dominated by average income people unlike abuja that is low income and high income earners

29 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by pmoye(m): 10:59am On Mar 04, 2020
100% safe?
Not anywhere in Nigeria. Not even Aso Rock.

ZuesGOD:

12 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by TruthSpeaker: 10:59am On Mar 04, 2020
IT DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU WANT. TRAFFIC ON THE GENERAL IS FAR MORE HECTIC IN LAGOS THAN AT ABUJA. IN TERMS OF COST OF LIVING, LAGOS IS A BETTER OPTION (REMEMBER YOUR QUESTION WASN’T VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS OR MAITAMA, ABUJA). IN LAGOS THERE SEEMS TO BE MORE HUSTLE OPPORTUNITY ON THE GENERAL. ABUJA IS FAR LESS CONGESTED AND HAVE SMOOTH ROADS ON THE GENERAL. ABUJA TENDS TO BE FAR SAFER THAN LAGOS ON THE GENERAL. IF YOU DON’T TOLERATE STRESS ON THE GENERAL, THEN ABUJA IS FOR YOU.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by 90gist: 10:59am On Mar 04, 2020
Lagos for hustle..
Abuja for jollification

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Mokason28: 10:59am On Mar 04, 2020
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by tommykiwi(m): 10:59am On Mar 04, 2020
It depends who you know in Lagos or Abuja.
And also Cash at hand and Cash at bank very important.

10 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Nobody: 11:00am On Mar 04, 2020
Abuja preferably

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by meforyou1(m): 11:00am On Mar 04, 2020
Abuja, enough said

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 04, 2020
Lagos ...eko dun dey come house as long as u get money for pocket

9 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Perfecttouchade: 11:01am On Mar 04, 2020
Abuja is cool to stay but the safety of your John Thomas is not guaranteed likewise the safety of ur money is not guaranteed because u might keep spending on fun spots and to me stuffs are expensive in Abuja..if u are looking for lovely places to stay, look around Lugbe estates..but too much fun too dey Abuja..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by ekwerendi(m): 11:01am On Mar 04, 2020
Lagos

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by donbrowser(m): 11:01am On Mar 04, 2020
Pauldollars:

Abuja is relatively safer than Lagos especially if you're staying around Asokoro or Maitama. Moreover we have more security agents located in those places. Place like Lekki, VI and Banana Island in Lagos are also owk if you can afford an apartment there. However, you will need to be extra security at alert. More so Lagos is also a nice place for beach picnics, shows, and a lot of fun if you are the type that loves to hangout.
But I will always prefer Abuja to Lagos
Someone was telling me just yesterday that thieves even steal water tanks and big generators in Abuja.
P.S. She was born in Abuja and she still resides there

4 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by landmark86: 11:01am On Mar 04, 2020
@Op
I'll advise u choice Abuja above Lagos based on security. Abuja is more secured.

But or the other hand Lagos is far better than Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by mickykhe(m): 11:02am On Mar 04, 2020
No where, Go village and start farming, thank me later

10 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by ABCthings: 11:02am On Mar 04, 2020
No where is really safe. The Kaduna road where bandits are jollificating is not far from Abuja. Inside Abuja is bit safer but incase of a political crisis like I said no where is really safe.

Someone should give me the bombs history of Abuja and Lagos that might help.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by DonFreshmoney(m): 11:02am On Mar 04, 2020
Abuja to Lagos anyday anytime.. though I grew up in Lagos but coming to Abuja in year 2000 opened my eyes to serene and tranquil life here. However, Abuja is getting crowded due to lagosians flooding here on a daily basis.

I wish someone like el rufai is appointed minister of FCT to destroy shanties and chase useless people in Abuja. Those guys are making Abuja less secured and are the cause of one chances and theft.

Overall, Lagos for fun, Abuja more secured.

27 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by TRUSTEDGUY: 11:02am On Mar 04, 2020
grin

Since safety is the priority for you then your obvious choice is Lagos.

Abuja is closer to Boko Harham than you think

I forget to add Fulani helsmen is also there

64 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bribe Collection At Murtala Muhammed International Airport / Photo Of The Nigerian Air Force Helicopter Which Crashed Into A Water In Borno. / Traveling To Ghana Via Abc Transport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.