Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,875 members, 7,817,577 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes (18660 Views)

See Pictures Of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Road Bogije Ibeju Lekki Lagos / Africa's Top Ten Cities To Live In-Forbes / Fastjet Agrees To Form Low-cost Airline With Nigeria’s Red 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by FlyboyZee: 5:41pm On Jun 08, 2011
Even if Tinubu owns it, whats bad about that. At least he didn't take the money out of the country (Capital Flight). He invested it in Naija to cr8 jobs, provide infrastructure and improve our moda fokin' economy. If all oda theiving Politicians had done this, I guess by now a lot of us won't be falling for job scams lyk the one unfolding in Imo State, where U have to buy a form or card to get a job (abi na JAMB una wan write?).
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by aljharem3: 5:44pm On Jun 08, 2011
Flyboy Zee:

Even if Tinubu owns it, whats bad about that. At least he didn't take the money out of the country (Capital Flight). He invested it in Naija to cr8 jobs, provide infrastructure and improve our moda fokin' economy. If all oda theiving Politicians had done this, I guess by now a lot of us won't be falling for job scams lyk the one unfolding in Imo State, where U have to buy a form or card to get a job (abi na JAMB una wan write?).

SMH , so where does the profit goes

is it to Nigeria or tinubu

oboy, think like a person not a spam
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by kasiem(m): 5:44pm On Jun 08, 2011
Eko Ile:

Defending Tinubu = Saying he did not steal any money

What I'm asking you to do is show us proof that he stole money and if such proof exist, why not take it to the press or the EFCC and get this man that many people hate off our streets?

Why is that so hard to do? Is rumor the only thing we are all about?

What you people are doing is swapping rumors back and forth. A complete waste of time.

if u are defending tinubu cos our moribund judicial sector have not convicted him, then be ready to defend obj ,cos uptill thisday no court of law has been able to nail him down.
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by aljharem3: 5:45pm On Jun 08, 2011
kasiem:

if u are defending tinubu cos our moribund judicial sector have not convicted him, then be ready to defend obj ,cos uptill thisday no court of law has been able to nail him down.
gbammmmm
and ibb
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by olabukola: 5:47pm On Jun 08, 2011
alj_harem:

gbammmmm
and ibb
Malu what is your problem with Yoruba matter. Are u ok?
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by anointedf(m): 5:48pm On Jun 08, 2011
I beg next topic!
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by EzeUche1(m): 5:51pm On Jun 08, 2011
Tinubu went from a taxi cab driver in Chicago to a billionaire. Dreams do come true. tongue
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by aljharem3: 5:52pm On Jun 08, 2011
olabukola:

Malu what is your problem with Yoruba matter. Are u ok?

yoruba matter or national matter

u must be sick in the head
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by EkoIle1: 5:52pm On Jun 08, 2011
kasiem:

Again, defending Tinubu and asking you to prove any wrong doing on his part are 2 different things and not the same.

Like you, I'm all for getting corrupt people off our streets, but I'm not into peddling rumors like many of you, it's nothing but a waste of time.

Our moribund justice system convicted and jailed Bode George, so why not Tinubu? He left office almost 12 years ago and he has no immunity protecting him from any arrest and conviction, so, with all the enemies and gang up against him and the fact that the same enemies controls the EFCC and have access to his financial activities, why is it difficult to arrest him for the things that you people are alleging? Didn't the same justice system just arrested Bankole?

Abeg get real,
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by aljharem3: 5:52pm On Jun 08, 2011
EzeUche!:

Tinubu went from a taxi cab driver in Chicago to a billionaire. Dreams do come true. tongue

don't be an ideeiot undecided
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by aljharem3: 5:54pm On Jun 08, 2011
Eko Ile:

Again, defending Tinubu and asking you to prove any wrong doing on his part are 2 different things and not the same.

Like you, I'm all for getting corrupt people off our streets, but I'm not into peddling rumors like many of you, it's nothing but a waste of time.

Our moribund justice system convicted and jailed Bode George, so why not Tinubu? He left office almost 12 years ago and he has no immunity protecting , so, with all the enemies and gang up against him and the fact that the same enemies controls the EFCC and have access to his financial activities, why is it difficult to arrest him for the things that you people are alleging?

Abeg get real,

after bribing nuhu ribadu with presidency

his files are with ribadu

ribadu in stu.pidity hoped to be the president when buhari was there, just as tinubu planned it
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by EzeUche1(m): 5:56pm On Jun 08, 2011
alj_harem:

don't be an ideeiot undecided

He was a taxi cab driver when he lived in Chicago. Now he is a political godfather. I see nothing wrong with that. I just find it amazing. Dreams do come true!  tongue
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by EkoIle1: 5:58pm On Jun 08, 2011
This olodo and these silly rumors.

Shey na u go deliver the bribe money ni abi Ribadu is still running the EFCC ni abi his file is no longer available at the EFCC today ni?

Rumor monger with no brain cells.
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by emmatok(m): 5:58pm On Jun 08, 2011
@  alj_harem

Another PDP agent

I know you are angry with Tinubu because he singlehandedly sent PDP parking from the SW.

Look here, the EFCC has been hunting Tinubu since OBJ regime and they are yet to arrest him .

He even turn the EFCC man into his house boy.

He is smarter than you all.
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by aljharem3: 6:05pm On Jun 08, 2011
emmatok:

@  alj_harem

Another PDP agent

I know you are angry with Tinubu because he singlehandedly sent PDP parking from the SW.

Look here, the EFCC has been hunting Tinubu since OBJ regime and they are yet to arrest him .

He even turn the EFCC man into his house boy.

He is smarter than you all.
cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin

me PDP agent, u must be joking.

tinubu is sure smarter than I , which is the truth but i also think he is smarter than all south westerners combined

the writing is on the wall, just read it,

how can a man impose imself like he is a king and impose his family like they are the ruling class

i dey laff, oooo

i really hope sw will not regret this all in the name of tinubu personal interest
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by EkoIle1: 6:06pm On Jun 08, 2011
Tinubu dares the federal government

Tinubu Dares EFCC

Submit Comment | Print | Email

* Thursday, June 11, 2009 - Adesoji Oyinlola, Lagos

Former governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, has reacted to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission’s statement that it would commence the prosecution of some former governors, saying he was not afraid to be prosecuted.

[b]
Tinubu, who spoke with some selected journalists yesterday at his Bourdilon, Ikoyi, Lagos home, said he was concerned about his image and therefore detested a situation whereby the agency was used to threaten him each time he was out to champion one cause or another concerning the urge to entrench lasting democracy in Nigeria.

According to him, he reported to the EFCC immediately after leaving office, when he had been de-robed of the immunity clause.

He said the agency was yet to come up with any evidence against him and that rather than the occasional threat, the EFCC should go ahead and prosecute him once and for all and avoid the subtle threat aimed at silencing him from pursuing his ideal of a genuine democracy for the country.

Re-emptive Threats

He said: “Each time I pursue goals considered to be anti-authority, you find them threatening me with prosecution.

“I went before the EFCC after leaving office when I had no immunity. If they have the evidence to prosecute, let them charge me to court instead of hanging the hammer of investigation perpetually on my head", he said.

He explained further that the intermittent threat by the EFCC had become a thing of concern for his family, friends and business associates, explaining that the threat was capable of scaring away prospective business partners away from him.

“I have family, friends and business associates. My rights are guaranteed under the law. I have never begged not to be investigated, and we are living witnesses to all sorts of investigations by the agency. This is two years after leaving office, if they have not come out with evidences to prosecute me, then, I think it is unnecessary to keep on talking about it", he said.

Blackmail

He said further that the idea to always shout that he was under investigation was political blackmail. "It will not deter me from carrying on with my campaign for a true democracy in the country, particularly in Ekiti and Osun States”, he promised.

Tinubu observed that the recent allegation had links with his political activities in Osun and Ekiti where his party is contesting the governorship elections at the election petition tribunals.

He wondered why only his name came up for mention out of the 31 former governors the agency said it is ready to prosecute.

"Some of my colleagues have been cleared by security agencies and they are holding offices in the present administration, why are they so particular about me? Is it because I come from a different party?" he asked.

No Democracy

Also, the former governor said the country was yet to achieve democracy; “rather what is obtainable is civil rule.” He pointed out that the country lacked electoral systems that could guarantee one man, one vote.

He said further that though the country had been able to sustain democracy for 10 years, “the question need be asked, if it is real democracy we are operating.”

The former governor said the country has failed to consolidate on the gains that accrued from the annulled June 12 election, considered the freest and fairest in the country's electoral history.

He, therefore, enjoined Nigerians to rise up and press for the implementation of the Justice Muhammadu Uwais-led electoral reform panel. "Uwais Panel did a painstaking job to recommend things that will help to stabilise the country's democracy. All we need to do is to come together and press for the implementation of the recommendation made by that noble panel”, he said[/b].

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:DHLe2ia6bvoJ:news.onlinenigeria.com/templates/%3Fa%3D4646%26z%3D12+tinubu+dares+efcc&hl=en&client=firefox-a&gl=us&strip=1

The man said put up or shut up,

lmao, Can you dig that.
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by kl2020: 6:09pm On Jun 08, 2011
nigeria is a great country, keep the flags flying
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by aljharem3: 6:10pm On Jun 08, 2011
kl2020:

nigeria is a great country, keep the flags flying

keep deceiving urself
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by nduchucks: 6:27pm On Jun 08, 2011
Tinubu will be dealt with from within, at the appropriate time. The Yorubas have a way of doing that and when that time comes, Tinubu will understand the ol' Yoruba adage: Atari Ajanaku kii s'eru omode (The elephant's forehead is not what a child can carry).
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by manny4life(m): 6:38pm On Jun 08, 2011
@omo_Tier1

I know Bellview had connected route to th UK via Monrovia and some Middle East and West Africa destinations. Also Bellview owned and also leased some B767 for thier long hauls and if First Nation is buying all that plus an committed orders already place by Bellview with MOEs, plus man power rentention and re-training plus DEBT PURCHASE and SERVICING,then the $300million may not be too much of an estimate. [b]But then I ask myself, Ryan Air is said to be worth less than £1bn despite thier expansive routes and number of man power, aircraft, etc.
[/b]

That's my whole point; I strongly believe that that number was extremely exaggerated. If an airplane is leased, then that airplane (asset) will not appear as an asset on the Balance Sheet i.e. not if they choose to buy (lease to own option), and still won't be regarded as an asset. My point again is, how many airplane does Bellview own? I mean what is the non-depreciated market value of these aircraft(s)? With regards to the route, these are pre-existing routes and destination which they apply for and doesn't require ownership.

I mean all that you listed is pretty much normal finance like the committed orders are deffered expenses, that just a future contract that will not add any market value to the company. As regards to the debt purchase, unless a company has strong earning potential and goodwill to back it up, no potential investor or buyer would want to buy debts or service debts, in fact they want to get rid of it or restructure it during acquisition. Anyway, for $300million, I just don't know but I'll let it be.
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by fxtopedia(m): 8:28pm On Jun 08, 2011
PAID TO POST IS A GOOD BUSINESS!
Iragbiji Ile,  make sure u pay royalty to SEUN oooo

A thief can only drum for a thief!!! ROFLMAO
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by Wizardofoz: 9:36pm On Jun 08, 2011
Eko Ile:

Tinubu dares the federal government

The man said put up or shut up,

lmao, Can you dig that.

So you are from Iragbiji?

Osun a gbe wa ooooooooooooooo grin

A ke ere oko de le oooooooooo

Eko ti mo wa, owo ni mo wa ka oooooo

And, without making that money, emi o ma de ni pada sile ooooo
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by youngmonie: 10:20pm On Jun 08, 2011
Heyyyyyy Nigerians and their rumours, From wer i would know the poster is lying, TVC is not owned by Tinubu it is owned by ERASTUS AKINGBOLA!!!!, its no news to Nigerians, [color=#006600][/color]liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssss!!!!
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by aljharem3: 10:31pm On Jun 08, 2011
youngmonie:

Heyyyyyy Nigerians and their rumours, From wer i would know  the poster is lying, TVC is not owned by Tinubu it is owned by ERASTUS AKINGBOLA!!!!,    its no news to Nigerians, [color=#006600][/color]liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssss!!!!

pleas do some more research before u dismiss the truth
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by micath09(m): 10:32pm On Jun 08, 2011
God will deliver tinubu into my hands oneday. All he owes me is just a trigger of a bullet.
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 08, 2011
wow!
I seriously cant believe some people have the nerve to defend what tinubu is doing.wow! hope you all remember there was a certain time people before him did same and your fathers were busy cursing them.well,naija is a country going through reorganization and hopefully people who have done this country will be dealt with by the people and not the govt and they shall not be shown any sort of mercy.
May Karma judge you all accordingly
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by EkoIle1: 11:34pm On Jun 08, 2011
Five pages later, it's still the same market women and their silly rumors,

lol @ losers,

God Bless Asiwaju Tinubu

Eko o ni baje

SW o ni baje lai lai
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by manny4life(m): 11:53pm On Jun 08, 2011
youngmonie:

Heyyyyyy Nigerians and their rumours, From wer i would know the poster is lying, TVC is not owned by Tinubu it is owned by ERASTUS AKINGBOLA!!!!, its no news to Nigerians, [color=#006600][/color]liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssss!!!!

Ok since it's fake or perhaps rumors, please challenge it with your own source that shows @OP is contradictory ; put up or please be quiet .
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by Onyocha: 11:58pm On Jun 08, 2011
many would say politicians are thieves.i do not want to either add to or reduce from that statement.

i just want to make one important point.personally,i have no problem if politicians in any country be it Nigeria or any other "3rd world" country steal as they do best and we have no choice about the matter.let them steal as we can do nothing about it.i know for sure they cannot consume all the money they steal.they can only gain more influence.and if smart men do have more influence that should make the country better.

i only want one favor from the smart thieves/politicians:

please when and if they do steal billions,they should not smuggle the money out of Nigeria.if we need to scrap EFCC so that they will keep/invest their money in Nigeria,let that be!let the money sleep in Nigerian banks and let the Nigerian banks have more foreign exchange/reserves.in that way,our economy would be stronger and there can be more jobs.if you smuggle your money out of nigeria,those foreign countries will enjoy your money and they will have stronger economies in europe and america while nigerians will continue to suffer.also note that those former colonial masters are willing at any point in time to freeze bank accounts of so called "third world" leaders as they have done with Mubarak and Qaddafi without notice.that ofcourse means the colonial masters will continue to enslave us by stealing our money through our own hands.the only difference is that this time around we are providing them the money to buy rope to tie round our necks.

no one should think i'm in support of theft.i am only trying to convince the thieves to rescue all of us including themselves and the country from which they stole and would like to keep stealing from.they should simply not steal from nigeria and store the money in foreign countries and make the economies of the foreign counties better and stronger.take a country like switzerland and compare it to nigeria.you will feel like crying.if anyone must steal from nigeria,the money must be kept/invested in nigeria.the same goes for other "3rd world countries" with foolish leaders.for all those accusing Tinubu of corruption,i think Tinubu should be praised if he is investing/keeping his money in Nigeria instead of investing and keeping the money in europe and america.
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by EkoIle1: 12:24am On Jun 09, 2011
manny4life:

Ok since it's fake or perhaps rumors, please challenge it with your own source that shows @OP is contradictory ; put up or please be quiet .

Sad irony.

I wonder why you didn't challenge your co rumor mongers to show proof or shut up.

What proof was shown to ascertain that all the silly stuff you rumor mongers have been peddling belongs to Tinubu? Nothing.

Oh I forgot, you are a rumor mongering market woman too,

Do you people even read the dum.b stuff you post?

lol @ pleas do some more research before u dismiss the truth, as if all of a sudden rumor don turn to truth. Only on NL.

Why is NL so full of lairs and rumor peddlers?
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by manny4life(m): 12:38am On Jun 09, 2011
^^^

Look at this Crowned and Glorified MOFO, internet troll, YOU AGAIN, WHY and I mean WHY the hell are you stalking me?

MF QUIT IT OK.

I won't even answer your silly questions, you are what you are.
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by EkoIle1: 12:42am On Jun 09, 2011
manny4life:

^^^

Glorified MOFO,

Amebo rumormonger. Grown a/ss man peddling internet rumor.

You need to go secure your fish stall at oshodi market for easy rumor peddling with your fellow market women.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat / Nigeria Issues 58,000 Visas To Foreign Investors At Lagos Airport / If You Could Live Anywhere, Where Would It Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.