Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,820 members, 7,813,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Top Football Players To Honour Kanu Nwankwo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Top Football Players To Honour Kanu Nwankwo (8384 Views)

Kanu Nwankwo Visits Kelechi Iheanacho In Manchester / Amara & Kanu Nwankwo With Thierry Henry (Photo) / Kanu Nwankwo's Son Flaunts His Father's Ferrari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Football Players To Honour Kanu Nwankwo by rockers: 9:53am On Jun 08, 2011
The most celebrated and decorated Nigerian footballer Kanu nwankwo is to be hounored by top african players  .
  Among the top players are cameroun's samuel eto'o and rigobert song  ,togo's emmanuel adebayor ,ghana's micheal essien .

Others to be present  are Emammuel eboue ,John pantsil, tiko modise, roberto solano, lucas radebe ,jimmy floyd hasselbaink .
The football match which will take place at the teslim balogun stadium on saturday is going to  be betweeen friends of kanu and  super eagles all stars
    Kanu began his football career at first divsion club federation works before moving to iwunayanwu nationale in 1992 and has been member of Nigerian national team for almost 17 years .Kanu has also played for top european football clubs like ,Ajax, Arsenal ,west bromvich and portsmouth.

http://www./2011/06/top-football-players-to-honour-kanu.html

Re: Top Football Players To Honour Kanu Nwankwo by RICHIEBOI1(m): 1:05pm On Jun 08, 2011
You forgot to mention Inter-Milan. He played there also. wink
Re: Top Football Players To Honour Kanu Nwankwo by omo9ja1(m): 1:21pm On Jun 08, 2011
papilo again - we very proud of you smiley
Re: Top Football Players To Honour Kanu Nwankwo by nwaafo1: 1:43pm On Jun 08, 2011
Papillo, i know say one day u go make us proud
Re: Top Football Players To Honour Kanu Nwankwo by fxtopedia(m): 1:53pm On Jun 08, 2011
Papilo A Man of Honour!
God bless you,
U had made our days on several occasion
Most especially in 1996 against Brazil
God bless you jare
Re: Top Football Players To Honour Kanu Nwankwo by semid4lyfe(m): 2:03pm On Jun 08, 2011
Au revoir, Papillo

You have served your Fatherland well, made us proud and this honour and testimonial is well deserved.

Wishing you the best in retirement smiley
Re: Top Football Players To Honour Kanu Nwankwo by ypad: 2:09pm On Jun 08, 2011
This should be an example to other footballer in Nig. papilo u don make us proud.
Re: Top Football Players To Honour Kanu Nwankwo by Gbenge77(m): 2:13pm On Jun 08, 2011
He has had an illustrious career.Goodluck to him
Re: Top Football Players To Honour Kanu Nwankwo by aribisala0(m): 2:15pm On Jun 08, 2011
well done. gave me a lot of viewing pleasure.great attitude
and still quite young too.@34 younger than giggs,beckham and scholes grin grin
Re: Top Football Players To Honour Kanu Nwankwo by MrCork17: 2:20pm On Jun 08, 2011
can Kanu spek english?  what a NATIONAL THIS GRACE!!!! angry
Re: Top Football Players To Honour Kanu Nwankwo by anishe(m): 2:31pm On Jun 08, 2011
Papilo, more blessing. you have done more than enough for your motherland.
My advice for you is ''DO NOT COPY RYAN GIGGS''
Re: Top Football Players To Honour Kanu Nwankwo by sayso: 3:20pm On Jun 08, 2011
very lucky chap.good luck Papilo.
Re: Top Football Players To Honour Kanu Nwankwo by Mkpotu(m): 3:36pm On Jun 08, 2011
MR CORK, U didn't watch him on Channels tv yesterday, we are proud of him both career wise and by expression.

So Mr. Cork he CAN SPAK,
Re: Top Football Players To Honour Kanu Nwankwo by aribisala0(m): 3:46pm On Jun 08, 2011
Mr, Cork:

but kanu is igbo naa.
abi can wayne rooney speak igbo
Re: Top Football Players To Honour Kanu Nwankwo by denzel2009: 3:53pm On Jun 08, 2011
anishe:

Papilo, more blessing. you have done more than enough for your motherland.
My advice for you is ''DO NOT COPY RYAN GIGGS''

and if you do copy Ryan Giggs, settle them handsomely. Don't give them signed jerseys.
Re: Top Football Players To Honour Kanu Nwankwo by snowdrops(m): 4:15pm On Jun 08, 2011
is he officially retired from football at present?
Re: Top Football Players To Honour Kanu Nwankwo by kembrat(m): 4:24pm On Jun 08, 2011
Hey, I'm a new here,
Kanu is just one of the best player of his generation. He is my second favourite nigerian player after Jay Jay.
His style was unique, and he remains the best of african players when they were 20. If not the big surgery, maybe he would have gone as far as Weah or Eto'o.
Re: Top Football Players To Honour Kanu Nwankwo by tehigal: 4:37pm On Jun 08, 2011
"can Kanu spek english? what a NATIONAL THIS GRACE!!!! "
Mr.Cork na by English? we are so proud of this guy coz he's made us (Nigerians) proud and he deserves a lot more!
Cheers.
Re: Top Football Players To Honour Kanu Nwankwo by snowdrops(m): 4:40pm On Jun 08, 2011
Mr, Cork:

can Kanu spek english? what a NATIONAL THIS GRACE!!!! angry
ok now. but must you make all these bizarre statements? what do you stand to gain from it?
Re: Top Football Players To Honour Kanu Nwankwo by gentlegg(m): 5:23pm On Jun 08, 2011
the luckiest african player
Re: Top Football Players To Honour Kanu Nwankwo by FlyboyZee: 6:02pm On Jun 08, 2011
Mr, Cork:

can Kanu spek english? what a NATIONAL THIS GRACE!!!! angry
What is even wrong with this Mr. Cork sef?
If Kanu no sabi SPEK English, so e come mean say im no sabi play ball? Otondo!
Kanu no sabi speak English, yet, Oyinbo people wey dey speak plenty English use millions of Dollars sign am, How much oyinbo people don use sign U? Ask urself.
Re: Top Football Players To Honour Kanu Nwankwo by lonelydude: 6:23pm On Jun 08, 2011
What time is the match?
Re: Top Football Players To Honour Kanu Nwankwo by juman(m): 6:33pm On Jun 08, 2011
Sai Kanu.
Re: Top Football Players To Honour Kanu Nwankwo by otondo55: 7:07pm On Jun 08, 2011
Papi ! May God bless you beyoud measures for your contributions

both in football and life saving programme.

May he keep, favour and love you the more !
Re: Top Football Players To Honour Kanu Nwankwo by aribisala0(m): 7:08pm On Jun 08, 2011
kanu no fit speak ijaw sef yeye man
Re: Top Football Players To Honour Kanu Nwankwo by crusufixo(m): 7:28pm On Jun 08, 2011
Its obvious that this Mr cork of a character just wants attention. And it baffles me y u guys are paying any attention to this fellow.
@topic, kanu would neva be forgotten for his playing days, most especially that atlanta olympic football semi final against brazil.I would neva forget that day, i screamed like i had neva screamed b4. Thank you so much Kanu for giving me soo much exictment. U were a beauty to watch. I also want to encourage you on your heart foundation, may God continue to bless you. I wish u a blissful life after professional football.
Re: Top Football Players To Honour Kanu Nwankwo by aribisala0(m): 7:50pm On Jun 08, 2011
but i am so disappointed in kanu.
imagine he cannot speak portuguese
Re: Top Football Players To Honour Kanu Nwankwo by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 08, 2011
Mr, Cork:

CAN YOU SPELL ENGLISH,AT LEAST PAPILO HAS POUNDS TO BACK IT UP,WHAT DO YOU HAVE?WHAT HAS HIS ENGLISH GOT TO DO WITH THIS,HE HELPS THE POOR,HE HAS BROUGHT FAME TO THIS NATION BUT AN OYINBO LANGUAGE IS WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM IN ALL HIS ACHIEVEMENTS
Re: Top Football Players To Honour Kanu Nwankwo by femmy2010(m): 8:47pm On Jun 08, 2011
Great King Kanu.
Re: Top Football Players To Honour Kanu Nwankwo by aribisala0(m): 8:50pm On Jun 08, 2011
can anyone who loves kanu advise him to start taking lessons in fulani.
his poor knowledge of the language is an absolute disgrace
Re: Top Football Players To Honour Kanu Nwankwo by mamagee3(f): 8:52pm On Jun 08, 2011
aribisala0:

can anyone who loves kanu advise him to start taking lessons in fulani.
his poor knowledge of the language is an absolute disgrace
What's disgraceful about it?

Do most indians speak English? What about the french and the asians?

So what makes Kanu's case disgraceful? undecided
Re: Top Football Players To Honour Kanu Nwankwo by femmy2010(m): 8:58pm On Jun 08, 2011
I wonder oo.
The whole footballing world is celebrating him and you say he is a disgrace.

He is a true example of what persistence and hard work breeds.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Today S Sure Game ( Enpower Yourself) / English Premier League All Time Winners. / Enyimba Vs Man Utd - Live In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.