Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Truck Crushes Nissan Bus, Toyota Sienna & Keke At Upper Iweka, Onitsha (Pics) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Truck Crushes Nissan Bus, Toyota Sienna & Keke At Upper Iweka, Onitsha (Pics) (45577 Views)

Missing Boy Found At Peace Park Upper Iweka, Onitsha (picture) / Terrible Multiple Accidents At Upper Iweka, Onitsha, This Morning (Pictures) / Fatal Accident At Upper Iweka, Onitsha. 5 Dead, Others Injured (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Truck Crushes Nissan Bus, Toyota Sienna & Keke At Upper Iweka, Onitsha (Pics) by Ifesinachi22(m): 9:22pm On Nov 18, 2021
DamnnNiggarr:
It was a terrible sight to behold!

Today, I decided to visit home(Bayelsa) from Awka, after being away from home for a long time due to my studies.

On getting to Onitsha, there was a gridlock at the Upper Iweka axis, we had been in the gridlock for too long before I decided to check the source of the gridlock.... Lo and behold, the pictures below is the answer.
A Nissan bus, Toyota Sienna and a tricycle were crushed beyond recognition.

Police officials were present there, which made me believe that they have been notified.

They will buy new replacement cars for the damaged ones
Re: Truck Crushes Nissan Bus, Toyota Sienna & Keke At Upper Iweka, Onitsha (Pics) by Trumann: 9:23pm On Nov 18, 2021
Ember months. Onwa December things.
Re: Truck Crushes Nissan Bus, Toyota Sienna & Keke At Upper Iweka, Onitsha (Pics) by Toluwanise247(m): 9:23pm On Nov 18, 2021
The earlier we take tangible action against untimely death the better.
Let us in one accord call God for mercy.
Boko haram , bandit. Kidnapping, ritual , accident.
I'm tired ooo
Re: Truck Crushes Nissan Bus, Toyota Sienna & Keke At Upper Iweka, Onitsha (Pics) by XaintJoel20: 9:23pm On Nov 18, 2021
Gosh!
This is pathetic.
I wish the injured quick recovery.
Re: Truck Crushes Nissan Bus, Toyota Sienna & Keke At Upper Iweka, Onitsha (Pics) by Trumann: 9:24pm On Nov 18, 2021
Toluwanise247:
The earlier we take tangible action against untimely death the better.
Let us in one accord call God for mercy.
Boko haram , bandit. Kidnapping, ritual , accident.
I'm tired ooo

What do you want God to do? Help you prosecute offenders or help you remove unserviceable vehicles on the road?

You people should use your brains and your hands like citizens of more developed societies.
Re: Truck Crushes Nissan Bus, Toyota Sienna & Keke At Upper Iweka, Onitsha (Pics) by 12345baba(m): 9:27pm On Nov 18, 2021
Hope my onitsha no wan turn Lagos wey truck dey fall with reckless abandon
Re: Truck Crushes Nissan Bus, Toyota Sienna & Keke At Upper Iweka, Onitsha (Pics) by Goodbishop: 9:28pm On Nov 18, 2021
God will not allow us see shame this remaining days of the year
Re: Truck Crushes Nissan Bus, Toyota Sienna & Keke At Upper Iweka, Onitsha (Pics) by aryzgreat: 9:30pm On Nov 18, 2021
Ifesinachi22:

You were going to Bayelsa from Awka and instead of going through Enugu, you decided on Onitsha.

Which kain backward journey be that?

Abi na canoe you Wan use?

Just asking oooh

Well, we'll catch up on this discussion later grin grin

Your suggestion is d real backward movement.

Awka to Onitsha to Owerri to PH to Bayelsa is d right route.

7 Likes

Re: Truck Crushes Nissan Bus, Toyota Sienna & Keke At Upper Iweka, Onitsha (Pics) by tola1006: 9:31pm On Nov 18, 2021
Tokskob2008:
Jesus Christ!!!

Isn't it time for government to find alternative roads or specific time for all articulated trucks to ply and leave the road for smaller vehicles during the day

What I'm I even saying? Do we have enough good roads to begin with not to talk of allocating time or specific roads for different kinds of vehicles to use?
It's not about finding alternative routes or hours for articulated vehicles to ply out roads..,it's basically failure of the system in ensuring proper safety standards are met, 90% of trucks in naija are not road worthy,they are death harbingers.

Road safety and Vio turn blind eye to this trucks and pick on private cars to extort
Re: Truck Crushes Nissan Bus, Toyota Sienna & Keke At Upper Iweka, Onitsha (Pics) by Whobedatte(m): 9:35pm On Nov 18, 2021
Weytin those boys use my eyes see today no b small for Onitsha .
Make I enter bridge go Asaba , dem catch my bus asking for emblem , state permit , local permit , basket , etc
No b say I no get all these (federal) but they still insisted on state permits for Anambra
Onitsha agberos worst Very useless people
That's a federal road and I coughed out 75k including others caught too.
Truck N100k embarassed
Habaa
Re: Truck Crushes Nissan Bus, Toyota Sienna & Keke At Upper Iweka, Onitsha (Pics) by marsman: 9:36pm On Nov 18, 2021
Damn
Re: Truck Crushes Nissan Bus, Toyota Sienna & Keke At Upper Iweka, Onitsha (Pics) by 8stargeneral: 9:39pm On Nov 18, 2021
God..this is result of bad road..what sin did we commit to be a Nigerians
Re: Truck Crushes Nissan Bus, Toyota Sienna & Keke At Upper Iweka, Onitsha (Pics) by Mrkumareze(m): 9:39pm On Nov 18, 2021
That axis has been a death trap, a truck lost about 4 tyres there on Sunday .. I wonder what state government is waiting for, they should forget about bubu and save the lives of anambrarians using the road..
Re: Truck Crushes Nissan Bus, Toyota Sienna & Keke At Upper Iweka, Onitsha (Pics) by Emmypure: 9:46pm On Nov 18, 2021
The road is in good condition, how comes the trailer fell down?
Secondly the only way anybody will not die is only if there are no occupants in those vehicle.

2 Likes

Re: Truck Crushes Nissan Bus, Toyota Sienna & Keke At Upper Iweka, Onitsha (Pics) by lookingfly: 9:48pm On Nov 18, 2021
The way i fear these big trucks and trailers when i drive is out of this world......I hate it when am in front of any of them, I try to speed off from them on siting them. RIP to the departed.

1 Like

Re: Truck Crushes Nissan Bus, Toyota Sienna & Keke At Upper Iweka, Onitsha (Pics) by Tonygeesm(m): 9:53pm On Nov 18, 2021
God I even withdraw money from that zenith atm dis evening
Re: Truck Crushes Nissan Bus, Toyota Sienna & Keke At Upper Iweka, Onitsha (Pics) by Emmypure: 9:53pm On Nov 18, 2021
Ifesinachi22:

You were going to Bayelsa from Awka and instead of going through Enugu, you decided on Onitsha.

Just asking oooh

Na you be mumu here

3 Likes

Re: Truck Crushes Nissan Bus, Toyota Sienna & Keke At Upper Iweka, Onitsha (Pics) by Seun360(m): 9:53pm On Nov 18, 2021
Happened in Nyamiri land?

Ok, unto the next thread.
Re: Truck Crushes Nissan Bus, Toyota Sienna & Keke At Upper Iweka, Onitsha (Pics) by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 18, 2021
Ifesinachi22:

Just asking oooh

How is going through Enugu nearer?

I doubt if you really know what you are saying.

2 Likes

Re: Truck Crushes Nissan Bus, Toyota Sienna & Keke At Upper Iweka, Onitsha (Pics) by xpool(m): 9:59pm On Nov 18, 2021
DamnnNiggarr:
It was a terrible sight to behold!

Today, I decided to visit home(Bayelsa) from Awka, after being away from home for a long time due to my studies.

On getting to Onitsha, there was a gridlock at the Upper Iweka axis, we had been in the gridlock for too long before I decided to check the source of the gridlock.... Lo and behold, the pictures below is the answer.
A Nissan bus, Toyota Sienna and a tricycle were crushed beyond recognition.

Police officials were present there, which made me believe that they have been notified.

The faith of the red vehicle is the reason I always say seat belts increase fatality in car accidents.
There are accidents that you see coming and your reflexes plus instincts make yoi bend or stoop or slide to the car floor, but behold the seat belt crucifies you.

8 Likes

Re: Truck Crushes Nissan Bus, Toyota Sienna & Keke At Upper Iweka, Onitsha (Pics) by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 18, 2021
I know ds location in upper iweka, towards the lane of Obodoukwu axis of Okpoko. Trucks and containers use to fall there because one section of the road has slide bending on the axis lane going to Oba, Nnewi, Ihiala etc. RCC did a rubbish work on dat axis by not making the lane level instead it was sloppy and any truck driver passing that lane will have to hold his steering tight if you must succeed unless you didn't carry load

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Truck Crushes Nissan Bus, Toyota Sienna & Keke At Upper Iweka, Onitsha (Pics) by ugofulfilled(m): 10:12pm On Nov 18, 2021
The section of the road where this accident happened is terribly bad. It can only take the grace of God for a container truck not to fall on that kind of road. Government has failed us. You see this very particular accident, the government is responsible. That road is not just a major road but a very busy one and yet government of the land turns blind eyes to the dilapidated condition of the road. The blood of any soul lost in this accident is on the government. Whoever they are.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truck Crushes Nissan Bus, Toyota Sienna & Keke At Upper Iweka, Onitsha (Pics) by dingbang(m): 10:12pm On Nov 18, 2021
Emmypure:

Na you be mumu here
na real mumu he be.

3 Likes

Re: Truck Crushes Nissan Bus, Toyota Sienna & Keke At Upper Iweka, Onitsha (Pics) by ComeToJesus: 10:14pm On Nov 18, 2021
In Don Jazzy's voice:
It's Nigeria again.

Why always upper Iweka?

Guys, Nigeria is seriously messed up by the ruling class.
Re: Truck Crushes Nissan Bus, Toyota Sienna & Keke At Upper Iweka, Onitsha (Pics) by WINDSOW(m): 10:30pm On Nov 18, 2021
That Onitsha-Upper Iweka expressway too free. No even side whatever except gutters. The Engineers wey construct am na Ognoni. Any accident there must always be fatal.

Let well meaning Anambras look into it else deaths on that road ll be a norm.

I cover myself with the Blood of Jesus.
Re: Truck Crushes Nissan Bus, Toyota Sienna & Keke At Upper Iweka, Onitsha (Pics) by Tjaz25(m): 10:34pm On Nov 18, 2021
God have mercy..
Re: Truck Crushes Nissan Bus, Toyota Sienna & Keke At Upper Iweka, Onitsha (Pics) by thaoriginator: 10:37pm On Nov 18, 2021
Sultty:
ember month mishap undecided undecidedmay they rest in peace
Ember or not, what is meant to be will be. Only Jah knows
Re: Truck Crushes Nissan Bus, Toyota Sienna & Keke At Upper Iweka, Onitsha (Pics) by dokyOloye: 10:39pm On Nov 18, 2021
Cerebellum:
cry cry

Leave OP, we go visit hin matter later
U sure say una sabi where Bayelsa dey?
Awka-Onitsha-Owerri-Elele-Bayelsa is the shortest route.

1 Like

Re: Truck Crushes Nissan Bus, Toyota Sienna & Keke At Upper Iweka, Onitsha (Pics) by dokyOloye: 10:41pm On Nov 18, 2021
aryzgreat:

Awka to Onitsha to Owerri to PH to Bayelsa is d right route.
E no go reach PH sef.
Na from Owerri to Elele to Bayelsa

2 Likes

Re: Truck Crushes Nissan Bus, Toyota Sienna & Keke At Upper Iweka, Onitsha (Pics) by Btaipei(m): 10:48pm On Nov 18, 2021

Awka to Onitsha to Owerri to PH to Bayelsa is d right route. [/quote] BEST ROUTE TO BAYELSA FROM AWKA -AKOKWA-ORLU-OWERRI-PH-BAYELSA
Re: Truck Crushes Nissan Bus, Toyota Sienna & Keke At Upper Iweka, Onitsha (Pics) by Nonywendy(m): 10:54pm On Nov 18, 2021
Ifesinachi22:

Just asking oooh

Seems u haven't travelled to enugu from anambra recently. From anambra to enugu or enugu to anambra takes more than 8 hours now

4 Likes

Re: Truck Crushes Nissan Bus, Toyota Sienna & Keke At Upper Iweka, Onitsha (Pics) by Nonywendy(m): 10:57pm On Nov 18, 2021
xpool:

The faith of the red vehicle is the reason I always say seat belts increases fatality in car accidents.
There are accidents that you see coming and your reflexes plus instincts makes bend or stoop or slide to the car floor, but behold the seat belt crucifies you.
Yes oo. My thoughts too

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Can Travel, Do Business With 120 Countries Without Visa / Air Peace Receives New 165-Seater Boeing 737-800 Aircraft (Photos) / Please Help! I Need A Us Visa Appointment Date Asap!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.