Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,276 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

World Bank Projects $17.6 Billion Diaspora Remittance To Nigeria - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / World Bank Projects $17.6 Billion Diaspora Remittance To Nigeria (7630 Views)

Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 / Kuda Bank Lost ₦6 Billion In 2021 / CBN Spends N58.6 Billion To Print 2.5 Billion Pieces Of Naira Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Bank Projects $17.6 Billion Diaspora Remittance To Nigeria by mytime24(f): 7:34am On Nov 19, 2021
And d stealing continues
Re: World Bank Projects $17.6 Billion Diaspora Remittance To Nigeria by Onyiiobi7735(m): 7:35am On Nov 19, 2021
Nice one.Nigeria shall definitely overcome her challenges and become what she is meant to be.
Re: World Bank Projects $17.6 Billion Diaspora Remittance To Nigeria by tctrills: 7:36am On Nov 19, 2021
tola1006:
This is a segment of the economy that our government should be looking at....the figures have always been huge year ion year.....it behives on government to make policies that will enhance this remmittances.

Make it easier for Nigerians to travel
Protect your citizens abroad
Boost the image of the country
Make remittances I easy to access in the country
I disagree with you.
I hope and pray the government is not looking at this. We all know what happens to anything our government look at

3 Likes

Re: World Bank Projects $17.6 Billion Diaspora Remittance To Nigeria by Usonkwu: 7:38am On Nov 19, 2021
Nothing to celebrate here, guys. Quit the clowning already, people! What is being returned is a pittance out wealth taken out. Since the 1990s we 've been going this vicious circle of never growing up and never dying, because our wealth is OUTSIDE.
Re: World Bank Projects $17.6 Billion Diaspora Remittance To Nigeria by aybrands(m): 7:40am On Nov 19, 2021
��
Re: World Bank Projects $17.6 Billion Diaspora Remittance To Nigeria by Cognitivereason: 7:40am On Nov 19, 2021
FG can not do that...the only advantage is forex inflow
dettolgel:
Remittance from abroad saving Nigerians since 1990.

Instead of begging foreign countries for money FG should find a way to tap into the vast wealth of Nigerians living abroad.

In spite of the mess FG have made of the country, Nigerians abroad still love this country and will be willing to invest aggressively if FG is sincere enough with development plan and produce a conducive and just system for doing business.
Re: World Bank Projects $17.6 Billion Diaspora Remittance To Nigeria by andy244: 7:49am On Nov 19, 2021
The value.... Sustenance of the bleep economy. If not for this the economy would have been grounded because of that man who doesn't know his right from left.
iampeterben:
Of what value is the remittance, when our economy is still in shambles. Will the remittance to World Bank Group reduce the sales of bread from N350 to N200 as it used to be, or will it reduce the sales of LNPG from N800 to N300 as it used to be.

We are suffering in our land, who will save Nigeria? Cos 2023 still far!!!

1 Like

Re: World Bank Projects $17.6 Billion Diaspora Remittance To Nigeria by almarthins(m): 7:54am On Nov 19, 2021
Traplord09:
https://www-vanguardngr-com.cdn.ampproject.org/wp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2021/11/world-bank-projects-17-6bn-diaspora-remittance-to-nigeria-2/amp/?usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw%3D%3D

If no be this kind money wey dey enter this country from friends and family from abroad. most pple go don late and some go dey psychiatric hospital self. The country hard

3 Likes

Re: World Bank Projects $17.6 Billion Diaspora Remittance To Nigeria by Navalsadiq(m): 7:54am On Nov 19, 2021
Aboguede:
It is called investment.

The only difference is that Nigeria export human capital that it has in quantity with about 60% low discipline on the rules of laws.

Righty said by somebody here that southern Nigeria is responsible for this foreign remittances and that is why the south is in charge of the Nigeria economy in all angles.

If not for the igbos northern Nigeria and most African countries would be more like old scanty villages grin
very myopic way of reasoning. This are people that are very emotional to their tribe and religion .
You carve a niche for them in your domain and they talk jibbrish.

1 Like

Re: World Bank Projects $17.6 Billion Diaspora Remittance To Nigeria by almarthins(m): 7:56am On Nov 19, 2021
tctrills:

I disagree with you.
I hope and pray the government is not looking at this. We all know what happens to anything our government look at

Make God blind their eyes o! Anytin Dem look at na problem e go be for us all. Nigerian govt na anti people policy Dem Sabi enact

2 Likes

Re: World Bank Projects $17.6 Billion Diaspora Remittance To Nigeria by muheeb01(m): 8:06am On Nov 19, 2021
Hope they won't embezzle it as usual
Re: World Bank Projects $17.6 Billion Diaspora Remittance To Nigeria by slowice(m): 8:13am On Nov 19, 2021
If Nigeria is properly restructured today, the amount of foreign remittance will be more than double..... Because there will be increased confidence in the safety of investments in Nigeria since southern government will be trusted to do the right thing for her people more than ever before.

Most diasporas are scare of investing big in today's Nigeria as they can't trust the government given the manner they re constituted. These diaspora Nigerians are mostly southerners so you can obviously see why they don't trust our government.

3 Likes

Re: World Bank Projects $17.6 Billion Diaspora Remittance To Nigeria by TroubleMaker47(m): 8:14am On Nov 19, 2021
iampeterben:
Of what value is the remittance, when our economy is still in shambles. Will the remittance to World Bank Group reduce the sales of bread from N350 to N200 as it used to be, or will it reduce the sales of LNPG from N800 to N300 as it used to be.

We are suffering in our land, who will save Nigeria? Cos 2023 still far!!!
You're really not smart, look beyond wailing and read!!

1 Like

Re: World Bank Projects $17.6 Billion Diaspora Remittance To Nigeria by LILTJAY: 8:19am On Nov 19, 2021
Dikegodspower:
Igbos in diaspora made it happen
This should send a message to the north that the south can survive anytime any day
which igbos? We are not talking about asia drug dealing here

1 Like

Re: World Bank Projects $17.6 Billion Diaspora Remittance To Nigeria by Grace001: 8:23am On Nov 19, 2021
People in diaspora saving Nigeria economy…

2 Likes

Re: World Bank Projects $17.6 Billion Diaspora Remittance To Nigeria by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 19, 2021
Overseas boyfriends are making us proud.
Re: World Bank Projects $17.6 Billion Diaspora Remittance To Nigeria by tola1006: 9:11am On Nov 19, 2021
tctrills:

I disagree with you.
You can't ignore that volume of money in your economy....you need to make policies and ensure that money keeps coming
Re: World Bank Projects $17.6 Billion Diaspora Remittance To Nigeria by SmartPolician: 9:18am On Nov 19, 2021
Dikegodspower:
Igbos in diaspora made it happen
This should send a message to the north that the south can survive anytime any day

An average Nairalander cannot make a comment without it having a tribal leaning. It just goes to show how bad our society has degenerated. embarassed

1 Like

Re: World Bank Projects $17.6 Billion Diaspora Remittance To Nigeria by dettolgel: 10:17am On Nov 19, 2021
Cognitivereason:
FG can not do that...the only advantage is forex inflow

FG should find think tanks to find away to harness remittance from overseas and how to encourage those abroad to invest more at home.

If na to pay consultancy to teach them how to do media propaganda them go do am sharp sharp grin
Re: World Bank Projects $17.6 Billion Diaspora Remittance To Nigeria by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 19, 2021
If not for Diaspora remittances, most of the hotels, big hostels, and entertainment centres you see in Nigeria will still be grassland.

Abroad money works wonders in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: World Bank Projects $17.6 Billion Diaspora Remittance To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 19, 2021
Not everyone sends these remittances via the official channels.

Some simply give currency to people abroad, who then transfer Naira into their Naija account, so the actual figure fit reach double.

Only if say awa country get sense, Naija for don dey rival USA sef.
Re: World Bank Projects $17.6 Billion Diaspora Remittance To Nigeria by tctrills: 11:48am On Nov 19, 2021
tola1006:

You can't ignore that volume of money in your economy....you need to make policies and ensure that money keeps coming
The only policy our government should make is to stay away. If you have lived in Nigeria for as long as I have, you would know that all our government touches turns to dust
Re: World Bank Projects $17.6 Billion Diaspora Remittance To Nigeria by tctrills: 11:53am On Nov 19, 2021
almarthins:

Make God blind their eyes o! Anytin Dem look at na problem e go be for us all. Nigerian govt na anti people policy Dem Sabi enact
Nigeria would be better without a government
Re: World Bank Projects $17.6 Billion Diaspora Remittance To Nigeria by ArewaNorth: 12:35pm On Nov 19, 2021
anungangampu:
Only southern Nigeria are responsible for this at least 99%

Aboguede:
It is called investment.
The only difference is that Nigeria export human capital that it has in quantity with about 60% low discipline on the rules of laws.
Righty said by somebody here that southern Nigeria is responsible for this foreign remittances and that is why the south is in charge of the Nigeria economy in all angles.
If not for the igbos northern Nigeria and most African countries would be more like old scanty villages grin

eas01:

I can bet you that the remittances will be from Southerners to a far larger extent and middle beltans to a lesser extent. The Arewa North will be an almost no show.
Seriously the Arewa North are leeches.

Nigeria has more than $400b GDP; look at the GDP of different sectors and commodities in Nigeria and assess who contribute the most in Nigeria's economy: Accommodation, food, transportation and real estate: 12.2%, Education, health, science and technology: 6.3%, Farming, forestry and fishing : 30.5%, Manufacturing, mining and quarrying: 11.3%, Retail, maintenance, repair, and operations: 24.9%, Managerial, finance and insurance: 4.2%, Telecommunication, arts and entertainment: 1.8%, Other services: 8.8%.
Going by the given statistics above it can be seen that Education, health, science and technology, Entertainment, manufacturing, Telecommunication, arts and entertainment that ur people claim to have control are not up to 30.5% of GDP contributed by farming and fishing alone mainly control by Northerners while all other businesses ur people do, Northerners are either into them en masse or are the main actors.
North control the biggest stake in Nigeria's food commodities and in as much as 200m people will eat at least once in a day then you know foodstuff is a lucrative business, Northerners are the main actors in transport with more than 80% of Nigerian trailers belongs to them, most petroleum tankers belong to Northerners, most oil marketers in Nigeria today are Northerners because the biggest business strategy of Northerners is population factor; it is recently revealed that road transport generate more money much more than air transport in Nigeria. Northerners are 80-90% farmers, more than 70% of domestic fish we consume in Nigeria is from Baga, Borno state. Our population make farming profitable due to high consumption.
Dangote and BUA alone make up more than 5% of our GDP!
So dwelling on $7b remittances from mainly your prostitute sisters, drug pushers, e-scammers and few hard workers to mock those who contribute more to the $400b GDP is a mockery to ur intelligence.
Re: World Bank Projects $17.6 Billion Diaspora Remittance To Nigeria by Aboguede(m): 1:46pm On Nov 19, 2021
Navalsadiq:
very myopic way of reasoning. This are people that are very emotional to their tribe and religion .
You carve a niche for them in your domain and they talk jibbrish.

You made no point which proves am correct and you are simply ignorantly sentimental!
Re: World Bank Projects $17.6 Billion Diaspora Remittance To Nigeria by Aboguede(m): 1:50pm On Nov 19, 2021
You ended making no point based on the topic. By the way I wonder if know current affairs because if you do then you should be very worried considering the very low or almost no trace of modernity in the northern Nigeria today and what the world is heading to.

With the so called large population of the north and very few madly no direction rich of the one percent of the north elites with the poorest population of an ethnic group in the world you should hide ur face in shame

ArewaNorth:

Nigeria has more than $400b GDP; look at the GDP of different sectors and commodities in Nigeria and assess who contribute the most in Nigeria's economy: Accommodation, food, transportation and real estate: 12.2%, Education, health, science and technology: 6.3%, Farming, forestry and fishing : 30.5%, Manufacturing, mining and quarrying: 11.3%, Retail, maintenance, repair, and operations: 24.9%, Managerial, finance and insurance: 4.2%, Telecommunication, arts and entertainment: 1.8%, Other services: 8.8%.
Going by the given statistics above it can be seen that Education, health, science and technology, Entertainment, manufacturing, Telecommunication, arts and entertainment that ur people claim to have control are not up to 30.5% of GDP contributed by farming and fishing alone mainly control by Northerners while all other businesses ur people do, Northerners are either into them en masse or are the main actors.
North control the biggest stake in Nigeria's food commodities and in as much as 200m people will eat at least once in a day then you know foodstuff is a lucrative business, Northerners are the main actors in transport with more than 80% of Nigerian trailers belongs to them, most petroleum tankers belong to Northerners, most oil marketers in Nigeria today are Northerners because the biggest business strategy of Northerners is population factor; it is recently revealed that road transport generate more money much more than air transport in Nigeria. Northerners are 80-90% farmers, more than 70% of domestic fish we consume in Nigeria is from Baga, Borno state. Our population make farming profitable due to high consumption.
Dangote and BUA alone make up more than 5% of our GDP!
So dwelling on $7b remittances from mainly your prostitute sisters, drug pushers, e-scammers and few hard workers to mock those who contribute more to the $400b GDP is a mockery to ur intelligence.
Re: World Bank Projects $17.6 Billion Diaspora Remittance To Nigeria by ArewaNorth: 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2021
Aboguede:
You ended making no point based on the topic. By the way I wonder if know current affairs because if you do then you should be very worried considering the very low or almost no trace of modernity in the northern Nigeria today and what the world is heading to.

With the so called large population of the north and very few madly no direction rich of the one percent of the north elites with the poorest population of an ethnic group in the world you should hide ur face in shame

I'm living in the south. I don't know if there is other Nigeria than the one I'm living in. Some of ur hyping comments are mockery to the Nigeria we know, don't let outsiders see this hype. Pls travel widely and stopped being dogmatic to what tribal bigots feed to ur empty brain in congregations!
Re: World Bank Projects $17.6 Billion Diaspora Remittance To Nigeria by Aboguede(m): 10:31pm On Nov 19, 2021
It’s now very clear that you are also one of the very many ill informed very many large lazy Nigeria youths that is Nigeria’s today problems and I will not shy away from showing them their senselessness.

Yes I am a complete and happy Nigerian and u can take that to the banks

By the way I am in the western world right now and have always traveled far. So you can now close ur ignorant mouth and soke ur garri in secret grin

ArewaNorth:
I'm living in the south. I don't know if there is other Nigeria than the one I'm living in. Some of ur hyping comments are mockery to the Nigeria we know, don't let outsiders see this hype. Pls travel widely and stopped being dogmatic to what tribal bigots feed to ur empty brain in congregations!
Re: World Bank Projects $17.6 Billion Diaspora Remittance To Nigeria by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:57am On Nov 20, 2021
dettolgel:
Remittance from abroad saving Nigerians since 1990.

Instead of begging foreign countries for money FG should find a way to tap into the vast wealth of Nigerians living abroad.

In spite of the mess FG have made of the country, Nigerians abroad still love this country and will be willing to invest aggressively if FG is sincere enough with development plan and produce a conducive and just system for doing business.
so after making a mess for 60 yrs you want govt to tap into people's sweat. You get sense so?
Re: World Bank Projects $17.6 Billion Diaspora Remittance To Nigeria by dettolgel: 7:09am On Nov 20, 2021
MIKOLOWISKA:
so after making a mess for 60 yrs you want govt to tap into people's sweat. You get sense so?

Why u wan dey unfortunate for life like this?
Re: World Bank Projects $17.6 Billion Diaspora Remittance To Nigeria by MIKOLOWISKA: 5:37pm On Nov 21, 2021
dettolgel:

Why u wan dey unfortunate for life like this?

why can't you answer b simple question?
Re: World Bank Projects $17.6 Billion Diaspora Remittance To Nigeria by dettolgel: 6:22pm On Nov 21, 2021
MIKOLOWISKA:
why can't you answer b simple question?

E be like say you get time to make wahala this evening? grin

My village wan knack me apoko ooh so I dey para here.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cost Of Advertising In Newspapers / What Business Can I Start With N250,000.00 / Nigeria Hopes To Topple South Africa As Africa's Largest Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.