Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

In What Way Are Religious People Different From Atheists ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In What Way Are Religious People Different From Atheists ? (757 Views)

Poverty Is Why Many People Are Religious And Churchy - Reno Omokri / Famous Last Words, From Atheists, Before They Died / Donald Trump; "We Worship God......." Epic Reply From Atheists (screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

In What Way Are Religious People Different From Atheists ? by XXXXTENTACION: 9:27am On Nov 19, 2021
Recently attended a church, and looked at how they behave and I get to wonder what's the difference between religious people and godamn atheists...
Religious people eat normally like atheists,
they shit and Piss like atheists, they fvck like atheists and the die just like the fvcking atheists... undecided
so what makes religious people so goddamn special...

5 Likes

Re: In What Way Are Religious People Different From Atheists ? by donbachi(m): 9:36am On Nov 19, 2021
They believe in GOD and his existence.
Re: In What Way Are Religious People Different From Atheists ? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:42am On Nov 19, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
Recently attended a church, and looked at how they behave and I get to wonder what's the difference between religious people and godamn atheists...
they shit like atheists, they fvck like atheists and the die just like the fvcking atheists... undecided

grin WE HAVE EVERYTHING THAT IS GOOD BOTH THE ONES MONEY CAN BUY AND THE ONES MONEY CAN NEVER ACQUIRE, PLUS THE OTHER GOODS WHICH PEOPLE WANT.

PSALM 23 IS OUR SONG.
Re: In What Way Are Religious People Different From Atheists ? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:45am On Nov 19, 2021
donbachi:

God Truly Stands With Us, For Us, By Us, Behind Us, In front of Us, Above Us and Under Us. grin
Re: In What Way Are Religious People Different From Atheists ? by LordReed(m): 9:48am On Nov 19, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin WE HAVE EVERYTHING THAT IS GOOD BOTH THE ONES MONEY CAN BUY AND THE ONES MONEY CAN NEVER ACQUIRE, PLUS THE OTHER GOODS WHICH PEOPLE WANT.

PSALM 23 IS OUR SONG.

What do you have that money cannot buy?

2 Likes

Re: In What Way Are Religious People Different From Atheists ? by XXXXTENTACION: 9:52am On Nov 19, 2021
donbachi:
Is that all...
Re: In What Way Are Religious People Different From Atheists ? by XXXXTENTACION: 9:54am On Nov 19, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

God Truly Stands With Us, For Us, By Us, Behind Us, In front of Us, Above Us and Under Us. grin
Name something that religious people have that atheists don't have...

2 Likes

Re: In What Way Are Religious People Different From Atheists ? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:11am On Nov 19, 2021
LordReed:

grin Ah Many! Joy! Unspeakable Joy, Unending Peace, even during plagues, we are unaffected, we can not be bothered (He is our Peace when Trouble Blows, Jehovah Sees, Jehovah Knows, Rest, Plenty Rest. (We do not work like headless chickens and yet we obtain full reward of the day), Success in everything (work, business, engagements), Sweet Marriage, Daily favours, whatever our hands touch prosper, the plans of our enemies both known and unknown are always crushed, (no weapon fashioned against us ever prospers ) and no matter what move we make that we later thought was a bad move, O, how they turn to become the very best move ever (All things worketh out for good Exactly as God Said) grin

Oya, go and find these things in the market and buy it, if you can.
Re: In What Way Are Religious People Different From Atheists ? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:20am On Nov 19, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:

Not religious people ONLY LOVERS OF GOD, TRUE LOVERS OF GOD.

Many! Joy! Unspeakable Joy, Unending Peace, even during plagues, we are unaffected, we can not be bothered (He is our Peace when Trouble Blows, Jehovah Sees, Jehovah Knows, Rest, Plenty Rest. (We do not work like headless chickens, 4 am to 10 pm, and yet we obtain full reward of the day), Success in everything (work, business, engagements), Sweet Marriage, Daily favours, whatever our hands touch prosper, the plans of our enemies both known and unknown are always crushed, (no weapon fashioned against us ever prospers ) and no matter what move we make that we later thought was a bad move, O, how they turn to become the very best move ever (All things worketh out for good Exactly as God Said) grin

WHICH IS WHY YOU WILL NEVER HEAR US LAMENT BUT HIS PRAISE IS CONTINUALLY IN OUR MOUTHS.

"Shouts, shouts of joy
And victory resound in the tents
Of the righteous of the Lord
Shouts of joy

The Lord's right hand
Has done mighty things for us
The Lord's right hand
Is lifted high
The Lord's right hand

The Lord's right hand reigns on high

Shouts of joy
And victory resound in the tent of the righteous of The Lord! grin grin
Re: In What Way Are Religious People Different From Atheists ? by LordReed(m): 10:34am On Nov 19, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin Ah Many! Joy! Unspeakable Joy, Unending Peace, even during plagues, we are unaffected, we can not be bothered (He is our Peace when Trouble Blows, Jehovah Sees, Jehovah Knows, Rest, Plenty Rest. (We do not work like headless chickens and yet we obtain full reward of the day), Success in everything (work, business, engagements), Sweet Marriage, Daily favours, whatever our hands touch prosper, the plans of our enemies both known and unknown are always crushed, (no weapon fashioned against us ever prospers ) and no matter what move we make that we later thought was a bad move, O, how they turn to become the very best move ever (All things worketh out for good Exactly as God Said) grin

Oya, go and find these things in the market and buy it, if you can.

And atheists don't have these things is what you are saying? LoLz

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: In What Way Are Religious People Different From Atheists ? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:38am On Nov 19, 2021
LordReed:

And atheists don't have these things is what you are saying? LoLz

EXCEPT TRUE LOVERS OF GOD, NO ONE OR HOUSEHOLD HAS IT, ABSOLUTELY NO ONE. grin grin grin

"Shouts, shouts of joy
Shouts of joy

The Lord's right hand
The Lord's right hand
Is lifted high
The Lord's right hand

Shouts of joy
And victory resound in the tent of the righteous of The Lord! grin grin grin
Re: In What Way Are Religious People Different From Atheists ? by LordReed(m): 10:55am On Nov 19, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

EXCEPT TRUE LOVERS OF GOD, NO ONE OR HOUSEHOLD HAS IT, ABSOLUTELY NO ONE. grin grin grin

"Shouts, shouts of joy
Shouts of joy

The Lord's right hand
The Lord's right hand
Is lifted high
The Lord's right hand

Shouts of joy
And victory resound in the tent of the righteous of The Lord! grin grin grin

LoLz. So for one thing how come the richest person in the world is not a "TRUE LOVERS OF GOD"?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: In What Way Are Religious People Different From Atheists ? by Bluewitch(f): 11:07am On Nov 19, 2021
LordReed:

grin cheesy

When he can buy long life let him tag me
When he can buy back an amputated body part let him tag me

3 Likes

Re: In What Way Are Religious People Different From Atheists ? by kimco(m): 11:12am On Nov 19, 2021
Bluewitch:

grin cheesy

When he can buy long life let him tag me
When he can buy back an amputated body part let him tag me

So religious people can grow limbs now? And we are still conducting research on the matter? Please show us.
Re: In What Way Are Religious People Different From Atheists ? by triplechoice(m): 11:15am On Nov 19, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
they shit and Piss like atheists, they fvck like atheists and the die just like the fvcking atheists... undecided

Religious people believe in something while Atheists don't.

So, the only way you can really know the difference between you and them is to have, even if for a moment,, the same sort of belief that they have and practiced it.

Because as it is now, you have presented yourself as an outsider who is judging things from the outside.

Modified: I have not said that their belief makes them special even if they feel that way.
Re: In What Way Are Religious People Different From Atheists ? by XXXXTENTACION: 11:19am On Nov 19, 2021
triplechoice:

Religious people believe in something while Atheists don't.

So, the only way you can really know the difference between you and them is to have, even if for a moment,, the same sort of belief that they have and practiced it.

Because as it is now, you have presented yourself as an outsider who is judging things from the outside.

Modified: I have not said that their belief makes them special even if they feel that way.
Apart from belief what else...
Re: In What Way Are Religious People Different From Atheists ? by Bluewitch(f): 11:21am On Nov 19, 2021
kimco:

So religious people can grow limbs now? And we are still conducting research on the matter? Please show us.

Idg
Re: In What Way Are Religious People Different From Atheists ? by triplechoice(m): 11:22am On Nov 19, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
Apart from belief what else...

I replied your op. What again?
Re: In What Way Are Religious People Different From Atheists ? by XXXXTENTACION: 11:28am On Nov 19, 2021
triplechoice:

I replied your op. What again?
Well what i really wanted was for you tell me how these religious nutjobs are some kind of special snowfakes... cheesy
Re: In What Way Are Religious People Different From Atheists ? by triplechoice(m): 11:33am On Nov 19, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
Well what i really wanted was for you tell me how these religious nutjobs are some kind of special snowfakes... cheesy

Then, your op is not sincere but a bait. But of course I know.

But let me ask, have you ever believed in a god before?
Re: In What Way Are Religious People Different From Atheists ? by XXXXTENTACION: 11:47am On Nov 19, 2021
triplechoice:

Then, your op is not sincere but a bait. But of course I know.

But let me ask, have you ever believed in a god before?
yeah I used to...
but it was all just playing along not that I truly believe in any of those shits...
Re: In What Way Are Religious People Different From Atheists ? by Workch: 12:13pm On Nov 19, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
Delusions and profound inability to understand statistics/probabilities, science and how the universe works.
This is the reason why the scientific community has more atheists than any other group of people.
Re: In What Way Are Religious People Different From Atheists ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:59pm On Nov 19, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:

All humans are religious but few are faithful!

The misconception most people have is the feeling that people claiming they have faith are the only religious ones while people who don't think they have faith are irreligious.

Going by the dictionary meaning of Religion:

"Any practice to which someone or some group is seriously devoted"

Now let's analyse that!

What will happen if we fail to eat food, drink water, have a sleep or wear a cloth?
Can we do without these things? NO!
This are things we do because they are necessary or compulsory so we're not doing them RELIGIOUSLY!

But what about getting married, raising children and sharing moments with loved ones?
Is there a certainty that one will suffer if he/she doesn't engage in these things? NO!
Therefore whoever is strictly adhering to these things is surely RELIGIOUS because nothing will happen if you don't get involved in any of these.

So all humans are religious one way or another, therefore you can't figure out any different between people claiming religious and those claiming atheists.
Where you will find a sharp contrast is when you want to compare a person having FAITH with another without FAITH.
The one with faith will do certain things due to his faith while the faithless will continue to wonder "why must he do that?" But real faith has it's WORKS so the difference between the faithful and the faithless is the result of faith in the midst of believers while the faithless continue living on instinct! smiley
Re: In What Way Are Religious People Different From Atheists ? by triplechoice(m): 2:30pm On Nov 19, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
yeah I used to...
but it was all just playing along not that I truly believe in any of those shits...

It is not possible to believe in a god and at the same time not believe (play along)

You would need to really believe in a god without any doubt in your mind to have the same sort experience of those that believe.

Once you have that experience, then you can better judge for yourself whether it is enough to make you feel special.
Re: In What Way Are Religious People Different From Atheists ? by XXXXTENTACION: 2:54pm On Nov 19, 2021
triplechoice:

It is not possible to believe in a god and at the same time not believe (play along)

You would need to really believe in a god without any doubt in your mind to have the same sort experience of those that believe.

Once you have that experience, then you can better judge for yourself whether it is enough to make you feel special.

Up till today I still wonder how I never fell despite attending church several times... The stories don't always seem to make sense... embarassed
Re: In What Way Are Religious People Different From Atheists ? by triplechoice(m): 3:18pm On Nov 19, 2021
Workch:
Delusions and profound inability to understand statistics/probabilities, science and how the universe works.
This is the reason why the scientific community has more atheists than any other group of people.

It is true that the scientific community has more atheists than any other group but it doesn't mean they're the majority within that group. It is 59%--41%

Science is neutral. It doesn't support belief or non belief. Anyone can become a scientist.

A person's worldview is not an hindrance to becoming a scientist.
Re: In What Way Are Religious People Different From Atheists ? by triplechoice(m): 3:23pm On Nov 19, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
Up till today I still wonder how I never fell despite attending church several times... The stories don't always seem to make sense... embarassed

You didn't fall because you never truly accepted those believes. Those who did were the ones who accepted it as real
Re: In What Way Are Religious People Different From Atheists ? by Workch: 3:26pm On Nov 19, 2021
triplechoice:

It is true that the scientific community has more atheists than any other group but it doesn't mean they're the majority within that group. It is 59%--41%

Science is neutral. It doesn't support belief or non belief. Anyone can become a scientist.

A person's worldview is not an hindrance to becoming a scientist.
while you stat is correct, In the U.S study conducted among 1000 top science professor shows that 85% of them do not believe in god.
It’s pointer to the fact that the more you do science, the more you disbelieve in the claim of god.

And true, science is neutral but it unintentionally contradicts religion in most cases like cosmology and evolutionary biology.

Studies also shows that more than 90% of top physics professors do not believe in god.

It’s difficult to reach full potential in quantum physics when you still believe stuffs like the Noah’s ark. That’s utterly ridiculous to even an average scientist.

1 Like

Re: In What Way Are Religious People Different From Atheists ? by triplechoice(m): 4:07pm On Nov 19, 2021
Workch:
while you stat is correct, In the U.S study conducted among 1000 top science professor shows that 85% of them do not believe in god.
It’s pointer to the fact that the more you do science, the less you disbelieve in the claim of god.

And true, science is neutral but it unintentionally contradicts religion in most cases like cosmology and evolutionary biology.

Studies also shows that more than 90% of top physics professors don’t believe in god.

It’s difficult to reach full potential in quantum physics when you still believe stuffs like the Noah’s ark. That’s utterly ridiculous to even an average scientist.

You earlier said most scientist and never specify if they were professors. You don't need to be a scientist or practice more science to become an atheist. When you already believe in a god,( depending what god) an increase in scientific knowledge may result in non belief. That is the pattern. But not in all cases

The unintentionally contradiction has helped some of us , me especially, to have a rethink of what we used to believe. But this doesn't mean that science is actively interested in replacing religion.

Concerning quantum physics and believing in Noah's ark, not every Christian take the story as literal. So those can still be good in quantum physics and excell in it.

But wait. I thought they said that if you think you know quantum physics, then you don't know it. If that is true , then who are those that can excell in it?

And please which of the gods are we talking about
Re: In What Way Are Religious People Different From Atheists ? by LordReed(m): 4:41pm On Nov 19, 2021
triplechoice:

The unintentionally contradiction has helped some of us , me especially, to have a rethink of what we used to believe. But this doesn't mean that science is actively interested in replacing religion.

This is what I dunno why some people have a hard time grasping. Always asking atheists questions on science as if we replace religion with science. I was always interested in science before I even became an atheist.
Re: In What Way Are Religious People Different From Atheists ? by triplechoice(m): 4:58pm On Nov 19, 2021
LordReed:

This is what I dunno why some people have a hard time grasping. Always asking atheists questions on science as if we replace religion with science. I was always interested in science before I even became an atheist.

Yea ,some religious people think science is against their god and religion. Some of them have thought that it is the devil that brought science to challenge their god while denying the fact that science has helped them in several ways.

2 Likes

Re: In What Way Are Religious People Different From Atheists ? by LordReed(m): 4:59pm On Nov 19, 2021
triplechoice:

Yea ,some religious people think science is against their god and religion. Some of them have thought that it is the devil that brought science to challenge their god while denying the fact that science has helped them in several ways.

Exactly.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Serpent In Genesis - Part 2 / To God Be The Glory! / Winner For February 2008 Bible Quiz.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.