Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,301 members, 7,853,402 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:54 PM

NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid (15427 Views)

Carlo Ancelotti To Become Brazil's Coach From June 2024 / Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" / Sunday Oliseh: I’m Ready To Take Up Super Eagles Job If NFF Wants Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by OscarJaden(m): 6:29pm On Nov 19, 2021
kenzysmith:
Let face this bitter fact what has been working well in this country before a coach u were owing 7months salary still qualify us for the playoffs and Portugal and ivory coast miss out, what has this coach really done to deserve this hatred from Nigerians? He has assemble the youngest squad in Africa history he has pick players base on form he brought ighalo in to give Nigeria option BAse on his pedigree in Africa what has this man really done?
You are all screaming he should look into the local league is the NPFL a serious competition? A league that does not has a resumption date? Even Ghanian league asahmaoh gyan is playing there because the league has a structure cool .
NFF should allow this man excute the playoffs a new coach now will want to change many things hereby distrup the process.
I repeat genort rohr has done no wrong I don talk my own.

Allow genort rohr do his job
we want Gernot rohr head on a tray...
He should be sack he has lost it long time ago

A coach that think coming 3rd in Afcon was an achievement or qualifying us to WC forgetting the fact that Trophies matters a lot this days

Na scouting work dem employ am make him do?
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by Dasdee: 6:34pm On Nov 19, 2021
kenzysmith:
Let face this bitter fact what has been working well in this country before a coach u were owing 7months salary still qualify us for the playoffs and Portugal and ivory coast miss out, what has this coach really done to deserve this hatred from Nigerians? He has assemble the youngest squad in Africa history he has pick players base on form he brought ighalo in to give Nigeria option BAse on his pedigree in Africa what has this man really done?
You are all screaming he should look into the local league is the NPFL a serious competition? A league that does not has a resumption date? Even Ghanian league asahmaoh gyan is playing there because the league has a structure cool .
NFF should allow this man excute the playoffs a new coach now will want to change many things hereby distrup the process.

Portugal is in the playoffs
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by GodIsBiafran: 6:36pm On Nov 19, 2021
kenzysmith:
[s]Let face this bitter fact what has been working well in this country before a coach u were owing 7months salary still qualify us for the playoffs and Portugal and ivory coast miss out, what has this coach really done to deserve this hatred from Nigerians? He has assemble the youngest squad in Africa history he has pick players base on form he brought ighalo in to give Nigeria option BAse on his pedigree in Africa what has this man really done? You are all screaming he should look into the local league is the NPFL a serious competition? A league that does not has a resumption date? Even Ghanian league asahmaoh gyan is playing there because the league has a structure cool .NFF should allow this man excute the playoffs a new coach now will want to change many things hereby distrup the process.I repeat genort rohr has done no wrong I don talk my own.Allow genort rohr do his job[/s]

Bia, if you don't mechionu dia I will tear you dirty slap. How much is raw paying you to spread this cheap propaganda? Don't let me expose you in public. Be kiafu.
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by Amudeneogu: 7:00pm On Nov 19, 2021
Our local coachs better past those oyibo people, meanwhile what can expect 64 years man to do in a football field
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 19, 2021
blasterman:
another aimless exercise

What is Eastern europe?

Belarus , ukraine etc

Those coaches do they have any good footballing teams or philosophy

The main problem is the players and lack of playmaker since iwobi is underperforming

a natural number 10

The problem of the team is the midfield

IF u like bring guardiola he will have the same issue

super eagles = wing play. We don't do midfield
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by sulaak(m): 7:18pm On Nov 19, 2021
kenzysmith:

Genort Rohr doesn't deserve the hate but as a coach, he is a poor manager and deserve to be fired with full pay to the end of his agreed contract.

Nigeria might have a crap NFF and football league, but the Nigerian footballers plying their trade in Europe can perform better than the last three matches.

I doubt Rohr has the ability to win the play0ff in March and common sense suggest that we search for a more competent manager that can use the AFCON to prepare the SE for the player-off.

1 Like

Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by sulaak(m): 7:20pm On Nov 19, 2021
blasterman:
another aimless exercise

What is Eastern europe?

Belarus , ukraine etc

Those coaches do they have any good footballing teams or philosophy

The main problem is the players and lack of playmaker since iwobi is underperforming

a natural number 10

The problem of the team is the midfield

IF u like bring guardiola he will have the same issue

oilmonie:
super eagles = wing play. We don't do midfield

Just like Liverpool , the wingers are the creative edge
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by Juoflife1(f): 7:22pm On Nov 19, 2021
Shevchenko is the only name from eastern europe that comes to mind.
ANDREW91:

No sir
Its shevchenko
But he is currently the manager of his country football national team. So he can't come to Nigeria
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by sulaak(m): 7:23pm On Nov 19, 2021
optimusprime2:
To be honest NFF have a big problem...

When a new coach shows up, he comes with a new ideology, system and strategy.

He will not adopt Rohr's system, which may require the new coach to start sourcing for new players to fit his system, don't be surprised he drops off current players (who worked hard to get to this point). That's already a potential bitterness waiting to happen in camp...

An interim coach should have been selected from Rohr's assistant/technical unit so they develop upon the players on ground with a new system. Otherwise, Nigeria will just be like Spain in the last world Cup, who had a world class team but lacked cohesion due their last minute coaching switch.

What is Rohr's system?

I will rather stick with a local coach such as Finidi George or even bring back SiaSia with a foreign assistance coach.
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by Mrtaye: 7:23pm On Nov 19, 2021
Amunike is the best man for the job

1 Like

Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by Blakpot: 7:29pm On Nov 19, 2021
visijo:
American school buses are yellow because humans see yellow faster than any other color, which is important for avoiding accidents..

What's the colour of your school shuttle again? �

School buses in Nigeria are normally painted white. Maybe white represents angels or holyspirit protecting the bus lol.

1 Like

Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by Blakpot: 7:34pm On Nov 19, 2021
I dont watch super eagles play again. Una get time. Btw of all places na Eastern Europe NFF go dey find coach. Very underwhelming!
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by mrdino(m): 7:42pm On Nov 19, 2021
kenzysmith:

God bless you.
I suspect that the people who are calling for his sack are factions in the NFF who were not allowed to influence (or handpick) his players selection.

1 Like

Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:24pm On Nov 19, 2021
Tonymegabush1:
Another foreign coach
I just tire ooo why not give amuneke the Job...
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by Federalofficia(m): 8:35pm On Nov 19, 2021
Make them come collect ole now him fit carry us reach final oooo
robosky02:
‘NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles Media Officer Reveals

https://www.completesports.com/nff-wants-coach-from-eastern-europe-to-replace-rohr-former-eagles-media-officer-reveals/
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by Bundaweber: 8:37pm On Nov 19, 2021
ANDREW91:

No sir
Its shevchenko
But he is currently the manager of his country football national team. So he can't come to Nigeria

shevshenko wey don dey coach club?
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by Bundaweber: 8:46pm On Nov 19, 2021
Stanleyville:
Oga do you actually take your time to watch super eagles matches of Rohr or you just dey talk based on some inconsequential and useless statistics

quote author=kenzysmith post=107767811] Let face this bitter fact what has been working well in this country before a coach u were owing 7months salary still qualify us for the playoffs and Portugal and ivory coast miss out, what has this coach really done to deserve this hatred from Nigerians? He has assemble the youngest squad in Africa history he has pick players base on form he brought ighalo in to give Nigeria option BAse on his pedigree in Africa what has this man really done?

stop talking like an ignorant. na to play beautiful football and get nothing or to get the result na him matter. most of you guys sayig rohr out, when presented with the stats always bring up nonsense about boring or ugly football. Arsenal was playing beautiful football under late arsene wenger years but there was zilch to show for it. Rohr has actually brought together a team with stability and has develop a super eagles squad from nothing. Rohr actuallygot what was needed in the cape verde match. he also had to protect the players as any injury practically means that players loss for the nations cup and probably missing out of the play offs.

1 Like

Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by Mryacks: 8:46pm On Nov 19, 2021
kenzysmith:

I thought I was the only one who has this view, good to read what you wrote.

The problem with some Nigerians is that they just believe just cos we have some talented players right now so we should stream-roll teams by 3,4 or 5 goals..

The team has to function effectly as a unit before individuals can shine.

We just like to follow bandwagon and react without analysing things critically..

Anyway will always support whenever is in charge so best wishes to whoever comes in next..

1 Like

Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by govetin: 8:51pm On Nov 19, 2021
What a quote! Thanks for this

uote author=robosky02 post=107765515]

So the whole team is a problem abi

Ingredients are never a problem its always the cook[/quote]
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by Johnelo: 9:05pm On Nov 19, 2021
Why eastern Europe and not western Europe
Countries in Eastern Europe
Ukraine
Bulgaria
Poland
Romania
Slovakia
Hungary
Belarus
Moldova
Czech republic
Countries in Western Europe
Germany
Belgium
France
Holland
Spain
Portugal
United kingdom

Sometimes I wonder if Nigeria foolishness is affected in all sector
How could you leave western Europe and go to eastern Europe to look for a coach
Granted Genot Rohr is from Germany, Nonetheless if at all you want to sack him go to Spain and look for a coach

1 Like

Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by jrusky(m): 9:17pm On Nov 19, 2021
robosky02:

So the whole team is a problem abi

Ingredients are never a problem its always the cook

Don't mind him we are saying Rohr fell hands as manager with so much young talent he is there saying a other thing
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by balladin: 10:31pm On Nov 19, 2021
kenzysmith:
Let face this bitter fact what has been working well in this country before? Do we have world class players like Brazil or France that is putting this kind of pressure on our coach? a coach u were owing 7months salary still qualify us for the playoffs and Portugal with all their talents miss direct qualifications even ivory coast miss out on qualification with their abundant stars on groud, what has this coach really done to deserve this hatred from Nigerians? He has assemble the youngest squad in Africa history he has pick players base on form and not name he brought ighalo in to give Nigeria options up front BAse on his
proven pedigree in Africa what has this man really done?

Gernot Rohr has done everything wrong. I mean everything.
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by JOemmy(m): 10:35pm On Nov 19, 2021
Some players in the super eagles will definitely loose their shirts if the nff appoint a new coach players like ekong and musa have no business in that team.
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by Arabaincubus: 11:23pm On Nov 19, 2021
What about a coach from Nigeria? Is this how they want us to be patriotic?
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by kenzysmith: 11:36pm On Nov 19, 2021
Arabaincubus:
What about a coach from Nigeria? Is this how they want us to be patriotic?
the local coaches has not been convincing they can't even qualify us for caf champions League n Olympic na world cup they wan qualify us try reason na
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by blasterman(m): 1:23am On Nov 20, 2021
sulaak:

Just like Liverpool , the wingers are the creative edge

Thats not Super Eagles. that i have been watching since 1990

Super Eagles always have a play maker and strong wing play

From time memorial

From Muda lawal even before him

Friday Ekpo, Etim Esin, Jay Jay Okocha , Moses Kpakor, Henry Nwosu etc i no even name u20

and then Wing play

Friday Elaho , Amuneke , Findi , Babangida, Pius Ikedia eTc
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by blasterman(m): 1:32am On Nov 20, 2021
Bundaweber:

stop talking like an ignorant. na to play beautiful football and get nothing or to get the result na him matter. most of you guys sayig rohr out, when presented with the stats always bring up nonsense about boring or ugly football. Arsenal was playing beautiful football under late arsene wenger years but there was zilch to show for it. Rohr has actually brought together a team with stability and has develop a super eagles squad from nothing. Rohr actuallygot what was needed in the cape verde match. he also had to protect the players as any injury practically means that players loss for the nations cup and probably missing out of the play offs.

Abi o playing to the gallery and not being effective.
Dats wat kills African teams especially in world cup

I agree with Rohr substitution of Simon with Shehu

For example Nigeria vs Italy in WC 94 second round. instead of them to lock up they were playing fancy and shakara football and italy came back and equalized.

Nigeria played samba football that day but lost like fools

94 team was ranked 4th on a minimum they should have reached Quarter Finals so they underachieved

England vs Cameroun

CAmeroun came from 1-0 to lead 2-1 to book a placce in semi final but they started to be careless, playing to gallery and conceeded 2 penalties to lose.

Senegal

I can go on and on
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by optimusprime2(m): 4:26am On Nov 20, 2021
sulaak:

What is Rohr's system?

I will rather stick with a local coach such as Finidi George or even bring back SiaSia with a foreign assistance coach.

To be honest he has a system, but I have said it before; He uses the wrong players for that system he wants,

https://ng.opera.news/ng/en/sports/amp/d66c5edb99b6df69808c5c0a23a85cc5

Recently he tried to restructure his system to accommodate Oshimen and Ighalo at the same time, but it was not working effectively.

He needs inverted wingers who are good at 1v1 for his system like Chukwueze (but since he's not been available he uses Musa which was a fail), notice anytime Chukwueze plays, more goals are scored due to more chances created..

He also doesn't play Oshimen as Oshimen should, Oshimen is not a linkup play Striker/target man (like Lewandowski), however that's always Rohr's plan, which makes me wonder. Because of that reason Ighalo was recalled.

1 Like

Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by eline: 7:23am On Nov 20, 2021
optimusprime2:

To be honest he has a system, but I have said it before; He uses the wrong players for that system he wants

He is confused.
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by MrBONE2(m): 8:18am On Nov 20, 2021
humility33:
Let's know the coach

The new coach is Bora Montovic cheesy

I was the one who recommended the man to them inorder to enable them avenge what Ghana did to South Africa cos I know they will be meeting them in the next round of the qualificationgrin

Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by MrBONE2(m): 8:29am On Nov 20, 2021
Juoflife1:
Eastern europe? cheesy grin.. Chevchenko? (hope I got that name correctly)

Wrong SiSi the NEXT COACH is BORAK MONTOVIC grin

Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by solonubinho(m): 8:41am On Nov 20, 2021
Eastern Europe of all places. These people have a pact with backwardness. Worry over them at your peril.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Inter Miami's Lionel Messi Sets Two Records, In 5-Assist Game / Lagos Women Run 2018 Live / Man United Fined €300,000 For Breaching Financial Fair Play Rules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.