Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,534 members, 7,812,659 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" (27423 Views)

Rohr: I would Have Won AFCON With Super Eagles In Cameroon / Sunday Oliseh: I’m Ready To Take Up Super Eagles Job If NFF Wants Me / Gernot Rohr: I Rejected ‘Good Offers’ To Continue As Nigeria Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by HonNL: 2:57pm On Nov 18, 2021
Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr has revealed that he is still in charge of the team contrary to reports that he has been sacked by the Nigerian Football Federation, The PUNCH reports.

The Franco-German, however, admitted that the NFF wanted him to quit the team after the Super Eagles lacklustre display in Tuesday’s 1-1 draw against Cape Verde in their final Group C World Cup qualifier in Lagos.

The three-time African champions, finished top of Group C with 13 points to qualify for the World Cup playoffs next March but there were widespread calls for the sack of the coach, after another colourless outing by the Eagles, who have struggled against lesser opposition in recent times.

Several online platforms (not The PUNCH) had reported on Thursday (today) that the 68-year-old coach had been relieved of his job in the wake of the Eagles performance against Cape Verde.

When our correspondent contacted Rohr if he had been sacked by the NFF, he replied, “Not yet, but that’s what they want me to do.”

Rohr was appointed in 2016 and his current deal expires in December 2022.

4 Likes

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Fahdiga(m): 3:01pm On Nov 18, 2021
This man's stats with the super eagles is quite impressive but his shortcoming is lack of convincing display in his games

116 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by KanielOutis92: 3:05pm On Nov 18, 2021
He doesn't have the support of most Nigerians. He should just be a gentleman and throw in the towel

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by WoundedLamb: 3:24pm On Nov 18, 2021
KanielOutis92:
Most Nigerians don't have his support. He should just be a gentleman and throw in the towel

You meant to say he doesn't have the support of most Nigerians.

134 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by bigdammyj: 3:29pm On Nov 18, 2021
Please, Quit

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Kharol1234: 3:29pm On Nov 18, 2021
N.a. still the same thing
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 18, 2021
cheesy Very soon em go receive letter or phone call cool

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Evergreen4(m): 3:29pm On Nov 18, 2021
Ogbeni , better sack your self before the playoff

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Sebastine1994(m): 3:29pm On Nov 18, 2021
Rohr cannot even coach a small team in his native Germany,

We over value white man knowledge, I don't even see any difference that man has made.

Nigerian league is not dead. It just that they are not impressing the fans with success. Nobody loves a failure

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Omniman(m): 3:29pm On Nov 18, 2021
cool
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by GoldenJAT(m): 3:29pm On Nov 18, 2021
Then QUIT! Na beg, we de beg YOU!!

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by willycorps(m): 3:29pm On Nov 18, 2021
No direction, We are just playing like Super Chicken

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by vedaxcool(m): 3:29pm On Nov 18, 2021
Please leave nah, you done chop well well

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by AFvckingAlpha(m): 3:29pm On Nov 18, 2021
Yeah, you need to go.

After those shambolic displays against minnows Liberia and Cape Verde, I am surprised as to why your ass hasn't been axed.

NFF are pussy, they probably don't want to compensate you, playing with the Super Eagles like its their property.

I'm beginning to see Amaju has not having enough balls to be at the reins of affairs.

Too conservative for my liking, my niggarr take the fvcking initiative and attack! No concrete style of play, if that niggarr still in charge we have zero chance of wining the afcon and definitely not qualifying for Qatar.

I said what I said

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by EmekaBlue(m): 3:30pm On Nov 18, 2021
Not totally your fault. Current super chickens abi eagles are nowhere compared to the Nigeria football team the world knows before. You can quit honorably sir....atleast u don enjoy Nigerian money for how many years now

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by affable4(m): 3:30pm On Nov 18, 2021
The kind of stand-off you get in a corrupt setting.

If normal contract without kick-back was in place, who will be bickering with you about sack?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by legendgalas(f): 3:30pm On Nov 18, 2021
Nigeria is not serious at all
How will you sack a coach 6weeks to a competition he has qualified the team to?
A coach that has met all targets set before him since he got the job?
I will rate him 8/10 since he was appointed

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Blacknote: 3:31pm On Nov 18, 2021
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by RealAdewole(m): 3:31pm On Nov 18, 2021
Gernot Rhor is the pro max version of Ole Gunnar S... We are know that the super eagles are just only lucky to be winning 9th teir teams

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by YoungRay007: 3:31pm On Nov 18, 2021
Even a non league club in England won't employ him. This man is a failure. It's time to go man

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Maxymilliano(m): 3:31pm On Nov 18, 2021
I doubt if he's truly a German ... Poor tactician.

12 Likes

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Teewhy2: 3:31pm On Nov 18, 2021
True oyinbo people would have resigned with all this poor results and criticism.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Virus99: 3:32pm On Nov 18, 2021
Fahdiga:
This man's stats with the super eagles is quite impressive but his shortcoming is lack of convincing display in his games

Oga what do you mean impressive ?

Not a single trophy since 2016 undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by kinzation(m): 3:32pm On Nov 18, 2021
Make person tie wrapper for yansh
Make yansh cover wrapper na still the same thing

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by ReeLoaDead(m): 3:32pm On Nov 18, 2021
Even if Rohr takes us to Qatar, we go commot in the first round …

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by azpekuliar: 3:32pm On Nov 18, 2021
Can't remember when last I watched a Super Eagles game. Ghana 2008 Nation's Cup perhaps. Nigerians should be careful what they wish for. The times we failed to qualify for the nation's cup and world cup, indigenous coaches were in charge.

11 Likes

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Racers(m): 3:32pm On Nov 18, 2021
He should leave please. Last time I checked, my grandpa would be a better coach than this man angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Greenlight123: 3:32pm On Nov 18, 2021
Bcz you ain't giving me the result I want from u Mr oyinbo

1 Like

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by mhktaryan: 3:33pm On Nov 18, 2021
They should pay u if dy want u to resign, awon onigbese

2 Likes

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Baawaa(m): 3:33pm On Nov 18, 2021
This man is collecting his pension in Nigeria

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by espn(m): 3:33pm On Nov 18, 2021
Goat quit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by treatise: 3:33pm On Nov 18, 2021
KanielOutis92:
Most Nigerians don't have his support. He should just be a gentleman and throw in the towel

He'd lose some money if he resigns unlike when he'd fired.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What’s The Biggest Individual Award Robbery In Sports ? / Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash / Onazi Ogenyi Set For His Traditional Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.