Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,131 members, 7,849,545 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:01 AM

Settling In Germany Without Stress - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Settling In Germany Without Stress (1741 Views)

If You Had An Opportunity Of Settling In One Of These Cites / My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student / The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Settling In Germany Without Stress by umunnagree: 9:18pm On Nov 19, 2021
Please my brothers and sisters, I am considering relocating to Germany to work and settle there, alone first and family join in few months.
I have heard a lot of people say that one can not grow in his career in Germany unless he speaks and understand german, please how true is this? Please let's share information.
Re: Settling In Germany Without Stress by GeneralDae: 1:34am On Nov 20, 2021
Would you go through the Blue Card/ Work Visa route? If you get the job from Nigeria already without needing German then you've solved half of your perceived problem especially if you would work in places like Berlin.
Eventually you would have to learn German to perhaps assume more responsibilities or get to certain heights, but getting a good job initially without German especially in the Tech field is very possible.

After getting a job ( especially a blue card visa job), bringing in your wife on reunion visa wouldn't be that much of a problem.

1 Like

Re: Settling In Germany Without Stress by umunnagree: 6:09pm On Nov 21, 2021
Thanks dear
An agent that wants to help asked me to pay whooping amount of money 2.7m to get me work Visa, and that I would be going to company straight from here to work, but the type of work am not sure of at the moment.

Please if am going to resume in a particular company, will it give me a legal stay in Germany and perhaps get me the blue card?

And how long will it take to reunite with my family?

Please General, if you don't mind can chat you privately.
Re: Settling In Germany Without Stress by GeneralDae: 7:32pm On Nov 21, 2021
umunnagree:
Thanks dear
An agent that wants to help asked me to pay whooping amount of money 2.7m to get me work Visa, and that I would be going to company straight from here to work, but the type of work am not sure of at the moment.

Please if am going to resume in a particular company, will it give me a legal stay in Germany and perhaps get me the blue card?

That doesn't sound real, beware of these agents.
What you should do is this:
Ask the agent how he/she is gonna go about this. You don't get work visa to Germany with 2.7 million naira, rather you get work visa to Germany by getting a job contract directly from a company, so how would the agent grant you this work contract?
If you ask me, I'll say the agent has to give you the details of the process and how he/she would go about it and then you Google it out before going along, else you'll likely get scammed.
What is your occupation/field?

3 Likes

Re: Settling In Germany Without Stress by samtol4(m): 8:32pm On Nov 21, 2021
I doubt your agent. You need a contract from a company. You didn't do an interview, and you want to resume work? Don't waste your money

1 Like

Re: Settling In Germany Without Stress by Rhomio: 10:33pm On Nov 21, 2021
Please stay far away from the agent. it's a scam, an agent can not get you a work visa to come to Germany. Try and get a job by yourself, if you are working in the Tech, you can go online and search for jobs on (e.g. Stepstone, xing) or use your google search engine and you will find a lot of openings. Also, only a professional jobs can get you a work visa to Germany from Nigeria and after working for few years, you can qualify for Blue card.

2 Likes

Re: Settling In Germany Without Stress by hurryup123(m): 11:17pm On Nov 21, 2021
umunnagree:
Thanks dear

If your agent agrees on No down payment then go ahead.
But anything outside that bros japa japa
Re: Settling In Germany Without Stress by umunnagree: 6:18am On Nov 22, 2021
GeneralDae:

That doesn't sound real, beware of these agents.
What you should do is this:
Ask the agent how he/she is gonna go about this. You don't get work visa to Germany with 2.7 million naira, rather you get work visa to Germany by getting a job contract directly from a company, so how would the agent grant you this work contract?
If you ask me, I'll say the agent has to give you the details of the process and how he/she would go about it and then you Google it out before going along, else you'll likely get scammed.
What is your occupation/field?

I studied civil engineering technology and have HND (upper credit)
Re: Settling In Germany Without Stress by umunnagree: 6:31am On Nov 22, 2021
umunnagree:

I studied civil engineering technology and have HND (upper credit)

When I asked, he said that they normally get slots from certain a company.
Re: Settling In Germany Without Stress by GeneralDae: 8:07am On Nov 22, 2021
umunnagree:

It is most likely a scam. Tell him you would pay only after you see the job contract from the company and use it to get visa. Don't pay without this process, if you don't want to be scammed.
You should also know what company it is and what area you are going to work in.
Note that in Germany, it is rare for a company to just select you without an interview process. Your agent should give you the name of the company and the name of the job, then post it here for us.
If you ask me, I'll say everything looks suspicious to me. So just find out these things and make sure to give us the feedback before you do anything else. If he doesn't give you all these information, run without looking back.

2 Likes

Re: Settling In Germany Without Stress by GeneralDae: 8:15am On Nov 22, 2021
umunnagree:

Scam. Even if that is true for the benefit of doubt, a German Employer would not give you the job automatically, you would need at least a series of virtual/ online interviews. If you don't do these interviews directly with the so called company and get a job contract from them, you cannot get a work visa no matter the agent or middle man working for you. That is how it is in Germany, so better save yourself from getting scammed.
Re: Settling In Germany Without Stress by umunnagree: 12:09pm On Nov 22, 2021
GeneralDae:

Scam. Even if that is true for the benefit of doubt, a German Employer would not give you the job automatically, you would need at least a series of virtual/ online interviews. If you don't do these interviews directly with the so called company and get a job contract from them, you cannot get a work visa no matter the agent or middle man working for you. That is how it is in Germany, so better save yourself from getting scammed.

Thanks my general. I will talk with him and definitely will feed you back.
Re: Settling In Germany Without Stress by umunnagree: 12:13pm On Nov 22, 2021
I really appreciate you guys for your sincere and prompt response on this subject. Please if you have another means or route of getting in to Germany apart from academic. I intend to work first before any educational upgrade. Please General I still count on you for more assistance.

1 Like

Re: Settling In Germany Without Stress by GeneralDae: 6:40pm On Nov 22, 2021
umunnagree:
I really appreciate you guys for your sincere and prompt response on this subject. Please if you have another means or route of getting in to Germany apart from academic. I intend to work first before any educational upgrade. Please General I still count on you for more assistance.
If you have experience in Civil engineering, you can apply to jobs in Germany directly and you may get either a blue card or work permit. Without a little work experience, I don't know how you would go about it.

The only way I know in that case would be to apply for a 6 months job search visa, where you have to show proof of finance for all 6 months. But that route even may still not work out if you have no work experience and you may likely be denied that visa. School is still the easiest way for those without experience.

I don't know if there's a work visa for menial jobs, that I am not sure of and highly doubt, else that would have been your best bet. You can research on that though.

Did you ask your agent for the name of the company and job he was talking about? What was his response?
Re: Settling In Germany Without Stress by umunnagree: 8:41pm On Nov 23, 2021
GeneralDae:

If you have experience in Civil engineering, you can apply to jobs in Germany directly and you may get either a blue card or work permit. Without a little work experience, I don't know how you would go about it.

The only way I know in that case would be to apply for a 6 months job search visa, where you have to show proof of finance for all 6 months. But that route even may still not work out if you have no work experience and you may likely be denied that visa. School is still the easiest way for those without experience.

I don't know if there's a work visa for menial jobs, that I am not sure of and highly doubt, else that would have been your best bet. You can research on that though.

Did you ask your agent for the name of the company and job he was talking about? What was his response?

My brother, I have 16 years job experience in construction.
Re: Settling In Germany Without Stress by umunnagree: 8:47pm On Nov 23, 2021
I talked with my agent, he said the slot the have will expire on dec 15, when I asked what type of work, below is his response "We have store keeper
Supervisor
Driller
And truck driver
Presently but if I connect with my friend there is working in engineering company"

He is not going to get work Visa with my findings.

The only way I found out is getting a job offer from there.
Re: Settling In Germany Without Stress by GeneralDae: 8:59pm On Nov 23, 2021
umunnagree:
I talked with my agent, he said the slot the have will expire on dec 15, when I asked what type of work, below is his response "We have store keeper
Supervisor
Driller
And truck driver
Presently but if I connect with my friend there is working in engineering company"

He is not going to get work Visa with my findings.

The only way I found out is getting a job offer from there.

Apply to this job, and search for many other similar jobs of your choice on Glassdor, linkedin, and indeed.

Civil Engineer Level I

https://www.glassdoor.com/partner/jobListing.htm?pos=104&ao=1136043&s=58&guid=0000017d4e5deb8684b8a8ed053d2239&src=GD_JOB_AD&t=SR&uido=DC9E31675DD88FB77F855F01B2C76482&ugo=4de8fb19-3a55-4a3b-9c6f-a675d5056a9d&cs=1_ad4830f1&cb=1637697330750&jobListingId=1007351498306&jrtk=3-0-1fl75rqtcu58n801-1fl75rqtou1f8800-faa7047a38ce8673-

As for your agent, tell him you can only begin the process when you get the contract to take to the embassy and you can confirm the job contract. If he accepts then no problem. If he can deliver you the job contract from the company and you confirm it, then you can take him more seriously, you would also have to get the visa from the embassy as well.

I'll advise to see if you can string your agent along without paying anything upfront first, then use the information you get from your agent in your search online as well. If your agent delivers a job contract in the process, then you begin to take him seriously but the visa is the ultimate.
Remember you can do this thing yourself, you only need to know where and how to apply for construction jobs in Germany (that require only English) and write a good CV detailing your experience in construction. Construction and civil engineering is hot cake everywhere, but you may not easily get permanent contracts though like many other professions.
Re: Settling In Germany Without Stress by Antifraud00: 12:35am On Nov 24, 2021
GeneralDae:

Hello. My auntie is in Germany and she has blue card. I am thinking of approaching her about my Jakpa. My field is Agric administration and I have a year experience. What route can I take ?

Especially the 6 months work search

(1) (Reply)

Ireland Visa Appeal / E-passport For The Highest Bidder At Nigerian Embassy In Spain. / Dana Airways Near Mishap - Share Your Experience If You Were On-board

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.