Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Mamelodi Sundowns Win Inaugural Women's African Champions League In Cairo (PIX) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mamelodi Sundowns Win Inaugural Women's African Champions League In Cairo (PIX) (1337 Views)

AFL: Sundowns Win Inaugural African Football League Title / CAF African Champions League Final To Be Replayed. / Usain Bolt Signs For Mamelodi Sundowns, South African Football Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mamelodi Sundowns Win Inaugural Women's African Champions League In Cairo (PIX) by TMKsouth: 9:39pm On Nov 19, 2021
Mamelodi Sundowns Ladies were crowned inaugural Caf Women’s Champions League winners after their 2-0 win over Hasaacas Ladies of Ghana at the 30 June Stadium in Cairo on Friday night.

The victory means the South African club joins Spanish side Barcelona as the only football clubs to win the men's and women's Champions League titles on their respective continents.

Sundowns Ladies secured this victory through a goal in each half by attackers Chuene Morifi and Andisiwe Mgcoyi, who was named the woman of the match, as they became the first team to lift this trophy.

There were few notable chances during the opening exchanges as most of the action was in the midfield where Melinda Kgadiete, Lelona Daweti and Lerato Kgasago operated for Sundowns.

The likes of Kgadiete, Daweti and Kgasago did not have it all their way as Faustina Aidoo, Evelyn Badu and Doris Boaduwaa proved to be tough competition in the midfield battle.

Highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24-52oV0BAw

On occasions they found themselves in the Sundowns danger area, Hasaacas Ladies threatened through Rahama Jafaru, Veronica Appiah and Antwi Regina but they could not beat Sundowns goalkeeper Andile Dlamini.

Sundowns threatened through Andisiwe Mgcoyi, Bambanani Mbane and Chuene Morifi during the early stages but they could not get the better of Hasaacas Ladies goalkeeper Grace Buoadu.

Sundowns Ladies opened the scoring after 32 minutes through a close range effort of Morifi who kissed the net after she connected with a well-taken cross from Mgcoyi.

Early in the second half, Daweti thought she had increased the lead for Sundowns but she watched in disbelief when her close range shot flew wide of the upright with Buoadu beaten.

The Brazilians Ladies secured this match after 64 minutes when Mgcoyi, who supplied for the opening goal, turned finisher after she was released by a defence-splitting pass from Nonhlanhla Mthandi.

In the closing stages, Dlamini produced a stunning diving save to deny Pepertual Agyekum from a free-kick that was taken outside the penalty box as Hasaacas Ladies tried to get back in the game.

There was drama at the death when Sundowns substitute Regina Mogolola saw red for a dangerous tackle on Aidoo but it did not matter much as Sundowns Ladies had already secured this match

1 Share

Re: Mamelodi Sundowns Win Inaugural Women's African Champions League In Cairo (PIX) by TMKsouth: 9:40pm On Nov 19, 2021
Hasaacas Ladies (Ghana) vs Mamelodi Sundowns (SA)

Re: Mamelodi Sundowns Win Inaugural Women's African Champions League In Cairo (PIX) by TMKsouth: 9:52pm On Nov 19, 2021

Re: Mamelodi Sundowns Win Inaugural Women's African Champions League In Cairo (PIX) by IronGalaxy: 9:53pm On Nov 19, 2021
TMKsouth:
Sundowns is definitely doing something right. The Soweto giants have fallen off the pace so badly

2 Likes

Re: Mamelodi Sundowns Win Inaugural Women's African Champions League In Cairo (PIX) by TMKsouth: 9:58pm On Nov 19, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Sundowns is definitely doing something right. The Soweto giants have fallen off the pace so badly

Do they even have ladies teams those ones angry The only pic I could find is this one from what looks like the 90s.

Re: Mamelodi Sundowns Win Inaugural Women's African Champions League In Cairo (PIX) by IronGalaxy: 10:00pm On Nov 19, 2021
TMKsouth:

Do they even have ladies teams those ones angry The only pic I could find is this one from what looks like the 90s.
These are 90's celebs, look closely

1 Like

Re: Mamelodi Sundowns Win Inaugural Women's African Champions League In Cairo (PIX) by TMKsouth: 10:02pm On Nov 19, 2021
IronGalaxy:
These are 90's celebs, look closely

LOL, you're right grin. I see 4 Generations actors and Kelly Khumalo.

1 Like

Re: Mamelodi Sundowns Win Inaugural Women's African Champions League In Cairo (PIX) by TMKsouth: 10:16pm On Nov 19, 2021
CAF President and Mamelodi Sundowns owner Patrice Motsepe's son congratulates the ladies after the match.

Torture2020 and Wizzzzmike - do you see how despite Sundowns being owned by the CAF president there was still no match fixing in this crucial match? Unlike how you robbed SA in your country and are unwilling to let FIFA investigate the matter like SA humbly did back in 2017 against a controversial win against Senegal.

cc AmenhotepZuid

1 Like

Re: Mamelodi Sundowns Win Inaugural Women's African Champions League In Cairo (PIX) by culf: 10:45pm On Nov 19, 2021
Congratulations to them.

1 Like

Re: Mamelodi Sundowns Win Inaugural Women's African Champions League In Cairo (PIX) by BOOOMNAIJA: 11:25pm On Nov 19, 2021
Lol...Useless xenophobic hoes....who cares?

1 Like

Re: Mamelodi Sundowns Win Inaugural Women's African Champions League In Cairo (PIX) by TMKsouth: 11:38pm On Nov 19, 2021
BOOOMNAIJA:
Lol...Useless xenophobic hoes....who cares?

Tinubu's f*ckd-up kneecap finally resurfaces after 3 months in London following the butt-wipping I gave it previously.
Re: Mamelodi Sundowns Win Inaugural Women's African Champions League In Cairo (PIX) by BOOOMNAIJA: 12:06am On Nov 20, 2021
TMKsouth:

Tinubu's f*ckd-up kneecap finally resurfaces after 3 months in London following the butt-wipping I gave it previously.

Can a demented xenophobe like u whoop d ass of an ALMIGHTY Nigerian?...ask urself that question.

I don't av much words for u...I'll rather go fetch water or watch cartoon...idiot.

I wonder wat u are still looking for on this forum...are u too daft and unintelligent to realise that u are not wanted here?
Re: Mamelodi Sundowns Win Inaugural Women's African Champions League In Cairo (PIX) by robosky02(m): 12:08am On Nov 20, 2021
Shame to

Amaju Melvin Pinnick

What has he added to Nigeria football...... Zero

Men team zero

Women zero

Instead of developing our league he kept scouting. Players of Nigerian descent abroad

See even women football South Africa has done 100% local content

And they are progressive

2 Likes

Re: Mamelodi Sundowns Win Inaugural Women's African Champions League In Cairo (PIX) by TMKsouth: 12:25am On Nov 20, 2021
BOOOMNAIJA:

Can a demented xenophobe like u whoop d ass of an ALMIGHTY Nigerian?...ask urself that question.

I don't av much words for u...I'll rather go fetch water or watch cartoon...idiot.

I wonder wat u are still looking for on this forum...are u too daft and unintelligent to realise that u are not wanted here?

I didn't know Boko Haram allowed u to watch cartoons out there in Sambisa forest undecided Or are u back in your Enugu mud hut now occassionally stealing pots of soup while out fetching water from the river undecided

2 Likes

Re: Mamelodi Sundowns Win Inaugural Women's African Champions League In Cairo (PIX) by Numerouno94(m): 12:31am On Nov 20, 2021
Congrats. I luv watching the mens team play, those guys re gud.

1 Like

Re: Mamelodi Sundowns Win Inaugural Women's African Champions League In Cairo (PIX) by IronGalaxy: 7:41am On Nov 20, 2021
TMKsouth:

I didn't know Boko Haram allowed u to watch cartoons out there in Sambisa forest undecided Or are u back in your Enugu mud hut now occassionally stealing pots of soup while out fetching water from the river undecided
So even this thread has turned into this? Nigerians have a problem

1 Like

Re: Mamelodi Sundowns Win Inaugural Women's African Champions League In Cairo (PIX) by musa234(m): 9:51am On Nov 20, 2021
Congrats to them....They have some beautiful ladies out there tongue
Re: Mamelodi Sundowns Win Inaugural Women's African Champions League In Cairo (PIX) by musa234(m): 9:53am On Nov 20, 2021
IronGalaxy:
So even this thread has turned into this? Some Nigerians have a problem please...
Stop the hasty generalization...We have kids in this forum who hide behind their keyboard to forment trouble due to the frustration they face daily.
Re: Mamelodi Sundowns Win Inaugural Women's African Champions League In Cairo (PIX) by Great100000: 10:06am On Nov 20, 2021
Next one, na Naija Club go win am.
Re: Mamelodi Sundowns Win Inaugural Women's African Champions League In Cairo (PIX) by IronGalaxy: 10:42am On Nov 20, 2021
musa234:
Stop the hasty generalization...We have kids in this forum who hide behind their keyboard to forment trouble due to the frustration they face daily.
Can't help but generalize when the same pattern keeps repeating itself

1 Like

Re: Mamelodi Sundowns Win Inaugural Women's African Champions League In Cairo (PIX) by IronGalaxy: 10:43am On Nov 20, 2021
musa234:
Congrats to them....They have some beautiful ladies out there tongue
@bolded. check out a thread in my signature wink

1 Like

Re: Mamelodi Sundowns Win Inaugural Women's African Champions League In Cairo (PIX) by musa234(m): 10:47am On Nov 20, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Can't help but generalize when the same pattern keeps repeating itself
It will always repeat itself bro.. This is a country of more than 200million people and just above 2million nairalanders, out of which there will certainly be such type of persons. If you would notice the trend here,they even insult and abuse their fellow country men of different states and tribe.. If they could do that to their fellow citizens, they will also do it to citizens of other countries.
Re: Mamelodi Sundowns Win Inaugural Women's African Champions League In Cairo (PIX) by musa234(m): 10:53am On Nov 20, 2021
IronGalaxy:
@bolded. check out a thread in my signature wink
I just did bro.. I had to check over and over again... Such flawless beauties...Damn embarassed embarassed...When you gonna invite me over, so ama have a taste of one of your own...
Re: Mamelodi Sundowns Win Inaugural Women's African Champions League In Cairo (PIX) by IronGalaxy: 10:53am On Nov 20, 2021
musa234:
I just did bro.. I had to check over and over again... Such flawless beauties...Damn embarassed embarassed...When you gonna invite me over, so ama have a taste of one of your own...
Lol grin grin come through

1 Like

Re: Mamelodi Sundowns Win Inaugural Women's African Champions League In Cairo (PIX) by Torture2020: 11:28am On Nov 20, 2021
[s]
TMKsouth:
CAF President and Mamelodi Sundowns owner Patrice Motsepe's son congratulates the ladies after the match.

Torture2020 and Wizzzzmike - do you see how despite Sundowns being owned by the CAF president there was still no match fixing in this crucial match? Unlike how you robbed SA in your country and are unwilling to let FIFA investigate the matter like SA humbly did back in 2017 against a controversial win against Senegal.

cc AmenhotepZuid
[/s]
Re: Mamelodi Sundowns Win Inaugural Women's African Champions League In Cairo (PIX) by TMKsouth: 11:47am On Nov 20, 2021
Torture2020:
[s][/s]

That's actually 2 wins for SA in one week against Ghana coz u cheated in the world cup qualifiers.

1 Like

Re: Mamelodi Sundowns Win Inaugural Women's African Champions League In Cairo (PIX) by TMKsouth: 11:51am On Nov 20, 2021
IronGalaxy:

BABOONNAIJA is an old envious troll coz 9ja doesn't have SA whites whose butts he can sniff all day.

1 Like

Re: Mamelodi Sundowns Win Inaugural Women's African Champions League In Cairo (PIX) by Torture2020: 1:16pm On Nov 20, 2021
[s]
TMKsouth:

That's actually 2 wins for SA in one week against Ghana coz u cheated in the world cup qualifiers.

[/s]
Re: Mamelodi Sundowns Win Inaugural Women's African Champions League In Cairo (PIX) by TMKsouth: 2:14pm On Nov 20, 2021
Torture2020:

U had plenty to say when u won (robbed us) by a single goal. Now that we emphatically beat u cat's suddenly got your tongue. Your partner WizzieMikey does not even have the balls to show his face. Pathetic cheats cheesy

1 Like

Re: Mamelodi Sundowns Win Inaugural Women's African Champions League In Cairo (PIX) by Torture2020: 5:26pm On Nov 20, 2021
RUBBISH NONSENSE FROM A CERTIFIED GOAT cool

[s]
TMKsouth:

U had plenty to say when u won (robbed us) by a single goal. Now that we emphatically beat u cat's suddenly got your tongue. Your partner WizzieMikey does not even have the balls to show his face. Pathetic cheats cheesy
[/s]
Re: Mamelodi Sundowns Win Inaugural Women's African Champions League In Cairo (PIX) by Seun360(m): 12:21pm On Nov 22, 2021
IronGalaxy:

What are these Xenophobic bastards doing in a Nigerian public forum for crying out loud?
Re: Mamelodi Sundowns Win Inaugural Women's African Champions League In Cairo (PIX) by IronGalaxy: 12:26pm On Nov 22, 2021
Seun360:

What are these Xenophobic bastards doing in a Nigerian public forum for crying out loud?
You don't know on this forum idiot. fvck off

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Does One Get Olympic Tickets From Nigeria / Michael Owen: Ozil Is An Arsenal Flop / My Ordeal At Chelsea: Torres Revealed Amidst Tears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.