Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:01 AM

FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Maintain 36th In The World, Fifth Best In Africa - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Maintain 36th In The World, Fifth Best In Africa (10998 Views)

Top 20 African Teams In Latest FIFA Ranking (Full List) / Ronaldo Dedicates Juventus' 36th Italian Title To The Fans As He Eyes Top Scorer / FIFA Rankings: Eagles Maintain Position In Africa, Slip In World Ranking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Maintain 36th In The World, Fifth Best In Africa by robosky02(m): 12:14am On Nov 20, 2021
FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Maintain 36th Position In The World, Fifth Best In Africa

The Super Eagles retained 36th position in the FIFA/Coca-Cola world ranking that was released by the world soccer governing body on Friday, Completesports.com reports.

The West Africans recorded a a win and draw in their two outings in November.

The three-time African defeated the Lone Star of Liberia 2-0 in Tangier, Morocco, and were held to a 1-1 draw at home by the Blue Sharks of Cape Verde.

The Super Eagles also maintained fifth position in Africa.

Senegal remain the number one team on the continent , while Morocco jumped ahead of North African rivals Tunisia into second position.

The Carthage Eagles of Tunisia now occupy third position, with African champions Algeria and Nigeria and Algeria in fourth and fifth positions respectIvey

https://www.completesports.com/fifa-ranking-super-eagles-maintain-36th-position-in-the-world-fifth-best-in-africa/

4 Likes

Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Maintain 36th In The World, Fifth Best In Africa by robosky02(m): 12:22am On Nov 20, 2021
Africa's top ten

Senegal
Tunisia
Morocco
Algeria
Nigeria
Egypt
Ghana
Côte d'Ivoire
Cameroon
Mali

14 Likes

Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Maintain 36th In The World, Fifth Best In Africa by Xscape1993(m): 12:40am On Nov 20, 2021
Congratulations to them.

3 Likes

Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Maintain 36th In The World, Fifth Best In Africa by Officialhorlah(m): 1:54am On Nov 20, 2021
Nice wink
Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Maintain 36th In The World, Fifth Best In Africa by chatinent: 4:30am On Nov 20, 2021
Congrats.

My own is that is it is the uniform I enjoy watching. Such beauty.

See a way to cash out this festive period: https://www.nairaland.com/6857552/buy-o.k-shoes-wholesale-cash

By the way, I am available for research writing services that are Turnitin friendly.

3 Likes

Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Maintain 36th In The World, Fifth Best In Africa by anambraamaka: 4:31am On Nov 20, 2021
Congratulations to them, it can only get batter

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Maintain 36th In The World, Fifth Best In Africa by djflexcy: 4:34am On Nov 20, 2021
Congrats, but they lack team play, we need a good coach to transform this present supper eagles. Their tactics is nothing to write home about

1 Like

Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Maintain 36th In The World, Fifth Best In Africa by baggioni: 4:36am On Nov 20, 2021
A team without form or pattern cheesy
Congratulations

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Maintain 36th In The World, Fifth Best In Africa by Sacchi1162(m): 4:36am On Nov 20, 2021
Sack Rohr

1 Like

Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Maintain 36th In The World, Fifth Best In Africa by Success77x: 4:39am On Nov 20, 2021
When Asked to describe the super eagles in one word.
"kpekpeyes"

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Maintain 36th In The World, Fifth Best In Africa by azikiweironsi(m): 4:44am On Nov 20, 2021
But looking at the Eagles record, I think the Manager Gernot Rohr has done well considering where Nigeria was before he took over the job. Just that we are quick to forget things.
Let me come and be going fast before dem stone me. Yeeee who threw that stone ? It missed me bye. grin grin grin But it's the fact nah. Abi I lie ?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Maintain 36th In The World, Fifth Best In Africa by Nobody: 4:51am On Nov 20, 2021
azikiweironsi:
But looking at the Eagles record, I think the Manager Gernot Rohr has done well considering where Nigeria was before he took over the job. Just that we are quick to forget things.
Let me come and be going fast before dem stone me. Yeeee who threw that stone ? It missed me bye. grin grin grin But it's the fact nah. Abi I lie ?
honestly if he coaches us for the next ten years I wouldn’t mind sef grin

1 Like

Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Maintain 36th In The World, Fifth Best In Africa by SmartPolician: 4:52am On Nov 20, 2021
African football is gradually returning to North Africa. Look how they dominated the top spots. What happened to West African brothers: Ghana, Cameroon, Cote d'Ivoire? Those names used to dominate football on the continent back in the day.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Maintain 36th In The World, Fifth Best In Africa by Ekpekus(m): 4:54am On Nov 20, 2021
cool
Makes it better for the knock out stage of the world cup.. we have successfully avoided Senegal, Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia.. but I hope we are not drawn with Egypt sha... others we can manage

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Maintain 36th In The World, Fifth Best In Africa by shantti(m): 4:55am On Nov 20, 2021
Please apart from mane who else does Senegal has. How the Almighty Cote d' ivore has fallen . I remember Cote d'ivore of those days

3 Likes

Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Maintain 36th In The World, Fifth Best In Africa by Pele10: 5:23am On Nov 20, 2021
This dose not change the fact that grnot rohr has to go.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Maintain 36th In The World, Fifth Best In Africa by Ogaboss44(m): 5:28am On Nov 20, 2021
Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Maintain 36th In The World, Fifth Best In Africa by kennykruzmason: 5:29am On Nov 20, 2021
Stagnant national team

No improvement

Issoright
Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Maintain 36th In The World, Fifth Best In Africa by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:32am On Nov 20, 2021
What was our ranking when Rhor took charge?
51 position. wink
Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Maintain 36th In The World, Fifth Best In Africa by majamajic(m): 5:44am On Nov 20, 2021
TOPCRUISE:
What was our ranking when Rhor took charge.

We didn't qualify for 2 nation's cup and a world cup then

3 Likes

Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Maintain 36th In The World, Fifth Best In Africa by Agadinaagwuofe: 5:56am On Nov 20, 2021
shantti:
Please apart from mane who else does Senegal has. How the Almighty Cote d' ivore has fallen . I remember Cote d'ivore of those days

Kalidou koulibaly
Mendy
cheikhuo kouyate
krepin diatta
idris gueye
ismaila sarr etc

most of them play for big clubs in europe you can use google to check their names

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Maintain 36th In The World, Fifth Best In Africa by Leonbonapart(m): 5:56am On Nov 20, 2021
Get rid of Musa, iwobi and moses Simon. The trio are the current most useless players in the continent

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Maintain 36th In The World, Fifth Best In Africa by Millimann: 6:02am On Nov 20, 2021
It is not known yet whether they will use this ranking or next month's ranking to pick the seeded teams for the world cup playoffs.

Anyways we hope Nigeria doesn't go below the fifth position.
Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Maintain 36th In The World, Fifth Best In Africa by techWriter3: 6:13am On Nov 20, 2021
Africa's top tenSenegal Tunisia MoroccoAlgeria Nigerians Egypt Ghana Côte d'Ivoire CameroonMali
Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Maintain 36th In The World, Fifth Best In Africa by femi4: 6:31am On Nov 20, 2021
Like a stagnant water..... That's what Rohr has done to us. No movement in the past 12 months
Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Maintain 36th In The World, Fifth Best In Africa by femi4: 6:33am On Nov 20, 2021
techWriter3:
Africa's top tenSenegal Tunisia MoroccoAlgeria Nigerians Egypt Ghana Côte d'Ivoire CameroonMali
Only Ivory coast didn't make the knock out stage cos Congo got seeded ahead of them in the previous ranking
Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Maintain 36th In The World, Fifth Best In Africa by femi4: 6:35am On Nov 20, 2021
Millimann:
It is not known yet whether they will use this ranking or next month's ranking to pick the seeded teams for the world cup playoffs.

The draws is coming in the first week of Dec. Ranking for next month will come towards the end of Dec. So Nigeria is safe and will be seeded

4 Likes

Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Maintain 36th In The World, Fifth Best In Africa by WibusJaga: 6:39am On Nov 20, 2021

So for the draws:
Pot1= Senegal Algeria Morocco Tunisia Nigeria
Pot2 = Egypt Cameroon Ghana Mali CongoDR

Funny, how all the teams in pot1 will wish to play CongoDR. While those in pot2 will wish to play Nigeria.

But why did CAF seed CongoDR above Ivory Coast & ended up having Cameroon & Ivory Coast in same group? Else Ivory Coast would have qualified for the Playoff.

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Maintain 36th In The World, Fifth Best In Africa by femi4: 6:41am On Nov 20, 2021
shantti:
Mendy, Sarr, Kouilibaly, kouyate
Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Maintain 36th In The World, Fifth Best In Africa by robosky02(m): 6:41am On Nov 20, 2021
Ok
Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Maintain 36th In The World, Fifth Best In Africa by femi4: 6:45am On Nov 20, 2021
SmartPolician:
African football is gradually returning to North Africa. Look how they dominated the top spots. What happened to West African brothers: Ghana, Cameroon, Cote d'Ivoire? Those names used to dominate football on the continent back in the day.
No proper football development, West Africans relies on talents and there is scarcity these days

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Maintain 36th In The World, Fifth Best In Africa by caprini1: 7:00am On Nov 20, 2021
Millimann:

They,ve been seeded already......The top 5 that qualified for the play offs,plays the others.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Continue Scoring Goals - Kelechi Iheanacho / Glo-CAF Award: Nigeria Wins Women's National Team Of The Year Award / Chelsea Wins Super Cup On Penalties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.