Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,424 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Ini Edo To Build School In Dustbin Estate? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ini Edo To Build School In Dustbin Estate? (8999 Views)

Ini Edo And Mike Godson Are Dating (Photos) / Sikiratu Sindodo Joins Ini Edo To Buy N47,000 Fake Chanel Lego Bag / Sexy Nollywood Actress Ini Edo To Be Thrown Out By Her Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ini Edo To Build School In Dustbin Estate? by iz2much: 2:52pm On Jun 08, 2011
Nollywood actress come newly appointed United Nations Habitat Youth Envoy, Ini Edo has revealed plans of building a new school at Dustbin Estate in Ajegunle. Speaking through her public relations agent, Platform PR, the actress, who recently celebrated her birthday with the children at the estate said, she was moved by the plight of the people living in the estate.

"The living condition in this place is bad enough but the schools there are worse; I had to climb into a class through the window. The classrooms are tattered, there are no toilets, blackboard or good seats; more so, what would you make of a school where children pay N20 per day as school fees. I never thought a place like that exists in Nigeria; this should not be encouraged to continue. Every Nigerian child has a right to quality education wherever the child lives in. For me the way forward for children in the Dustbin Estate is quality education; a person who is educated is empowered with a choice to a better life, so I am going to do all within my power to ensure that children in the Dustbin Estate have a quality school to themselves," she laments.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/ArtsandCulture/x2/Entertainment/5711911-146/ini_edo_to_build_school_in.csp

Re: Ini Edo To Build School In Dustbin Estate? by Belbicken: 3:38pm On Jun 08, 2011
Go girl, i love the spirit.
Re: Ini Edo To Build School In Dustbin Estate? by Fhemmmy: 3:44pm On Jun 08, 2011
Great . . . God bless you for giving back to the less privi
Re: Ini Edo To Build School In Dustbin Estate? by xanadu101(m): 3:58pm On Jun 08, 2011
i wish the rich knows what the poor are passing thru sad
Re: Ini Edo To Build School In Dustbin Estate? by FlyboyZee: 4:04pm On Jun 08, 2011
iz2much:

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/ArtsandCulture/x2/Entertainment/5711911-146/ini_edo_to_build_school_in.csp
I commend her spirit anyway.

Belbicken:

Go girl, i love the spirit.
It is easier said than done, I'm watching.

xanadu101:

i wish the rich knows what the poor are passing thru sad
As if they don't know already, They (The Rich) wants the Poor 2 remain so they can always have someone to lord it over.
Re: Ini Edo To Build School In Dustbin Estate? by Oscillation(m): 4:05pm On Jun 08, 2011
A good idea indeed, she should also think of modalities to maintain the school to avoid the slum dwellers from despoiling it. smiley wink
Re: Ini Edo To Build School In Dustbin Estate? by angelvis: 4:11pm On Jun 08, 2011
SERIOUSLY! I WILL LOVE TO PARTNER WITH INI EDO IN BUILDING THE SCHOOL. SHE SHOULD CONTACT ME THROUGH THIS EMAIL: angelvis4all@yahoo.com.
Re: Ini Edo To Build School In Dustbin Estate? by izeprince(m): 4:19pm On Jun 08, 2011
Nw tht's wht we kal, ''a beta 2mao'' ini edo ure a reak woman.
Re: Ini Edo To Build School In Dustbin Estate? by MMM2(m): 4:27pm On Jun 08, 2011
dats my girl,
GOD bless u
Re: Ini Edo To Build School In Dustbin Estate? by Showab1: 4:29pm On Jun 08, 2011
Wish her all the best!
Re: Ini Edo To Build School In Dustbin Estate? by scopusng(m): 4:30pm On Jun 08, 2011
The school authority should employed her as one of the school teachers.
Re: Ini Edo To Build School In Dustbin Estate? by buzugee(m): 4:38pm On Jun 08, 2011
wow, nigerian kids look healthier and fresher than kids in america and britain. so much for 'living on 1 dollar a day'
Re: Ini Edo To Build School In Dustbin Estate? by ayoade2: 4:38pm On Jun 08, 2011
I hope fasola fans are reading this  embarassed
Re: Ini Edo To Build School In Dustbin Estate? by Welder(m): 4:40pm On Jun 08, 2011
^^whats your point?
Re: Ini Edo To Build School In Dustbin Estate? by Olaisrich(m): 4:40pm On Jun 08, 2011
So, there is an estate called 'DUSTBIN', even if it were,why can't they give it a befitting name?
Re: Ini Edo To Build School In Dustbin Estate? by snowdrops(m): 4:49pm On Jun 08, 2011
is she seriously a good role model for young nigerian girls? just me wondering aloud. no pun intended.
Re: Ini Edo To Build School In Dustbin Estate? by buzugee(m): 4:52pm On Jun 08, 2011
snowdrops:

is she seriously a good role model for young nigerian girls? just me wondering aloud. no pun intended.
wasnt she butt nekkid in some picture recently ? grin she shoo ain no role model. daz fo damn sure
Re: Ini Edo To Build School In Dustbin Estate? by snowdrops(m): 4:54pm On Jun 08, 2011
looking at those kids above in the pic with her, i am sure lots of them would want to become like her. hence we should be careful who we set our kids to idolize. i am sure her fans in here would soon go gaga.
Re: Ini Edo To Build School In Dustbin Estate? by JUO(m): 4:55pm On Jun 08, 2011
God bless
Re: Ini Edo To Build School In Dustbin Estate? by 702: 4:57pm On Jun 08, 2011
we wud soon be seein kids around the estate half butt naked! undecided
Re: Ini Edo To Build School In Dustbin Estate? by parryon(f): 5:00pm On Jun 08, 2011
you have never been one of ma favorite persons but with this singular heroic act,you just won ma heart, I LOVE YOU INI! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Ini Edo To Build School In Dustbin Estate? by ayoade2: 5:04pm On Jun 08, 2011
Welder:

^^whats your point?

I am sure you know what my point is
Re: Ini Edo To Build School In Dustbin Estate? by MissyB3(f): 5:07pm On Jun 08, 2011
And why are the kids wearing T-shirts on which there's her face? Promoting charity or herself?
Re: Ini Edo To Build School In Dustbin Estate? by DBestDoc(f): 5:19pm On Jun 08, 2011
DUST BIN ESTATE. shocked shocked
The name almost got me laughing, But it's really not a laughing matter.Dunno what brought about that name.

U prolly wouldn't know what people are going through till you come in contact with them
Re: Ini Edo To Build School In Dustbin Estate? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 08, 2011
Those kids are cute
Re: Ini Edo To Build School In Dustbin Estate? by juman(m): 5:30pm On Jun 08, 2011
Good.
Re: Ini Edo To Build School In Dustbin Estate? by anointedf(m): 5:39pm On Jun 08, 2011
Good initiative. Others should borrow a leaf from her.
Re: Ini Edo To Build School In Dustbin Estate? by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 5:52pm On Jun 08, 2011
lovely if she does get it done. Our celebs need to start giving more back to the society than just saying we have problems.
Re: Ini Edo To Build School In Dustbin Estate? by enyojo(f): 6:06pm On Jun 08, 2011
angelvis:

SERIOUSLY! I WILL LOVE TO PARTNER WITH INI EDO IN BUILDING THE SCHOOL. SHE SHOULD CONTACT ME THROUGH THIS EMAIL: angelvis4all@yahoo.com.

What can u offer? What do you bring to the table?
Re: Ini Edo To Build School In Dustbin Estate? by OAM4J: 6:08pm On Jun 08, 2011
That is the way to go! Giving back to the society.
Re: Ini Edo To Build School In Dustbin Estate? by nadico(m): 6:12pm On Jun 08, 2011
A good one by ini, That name for an estate is really not something 2 write home about. pls fashola or the local govt mayor should do something about it please
Re: Ini Edo To Build School In Dustbin Estate? by daroz(m): 6:32pm On Jun 08, 2011
Good, but as someone aready said, its easier said than done.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

OMG: Tiwa Savage Releases Sex Tape!!!( Must View) / My Age Is Not Up To 37.......cossy Orjiakor / Laurence Fishburne’s Daughter Doing Indecency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.