Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,138 members, 7,811,200 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

My Brake Pad Clip Always Coming Off - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Brake Pad Clip Always Coming Off (891 Views)

Why Is My Brake Not Sharp Again. Is This A Fake Brake Pad? / Help : This STOP Light Is Always Coming UP On My Dash Board / My Brake Doesnt Hold. Have To Pump It Once Or Twice First (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Brake Pad Clip Always Coming Off by alatbaba1(m): 5:04am On Nov 22, 2021
Please my nairaland auto gurus. Help me. I stay and work in a remote area. I drive up to 40km to get to the nearest auto part dealers shop. I'm running insane. My Toyota corolla 2009 brake pad clips always comes off while driving. It make my braking noisy and its not safe, I always wonder the victims car tire that will pick those tiny metal on the road and repair cost to fix their tires. My car is too quiet and serious rattle noise while braking and it vibrate my steering wheel also. Its occurs mostly on the right front leg, immediately i feel vibration on the steering while braking i instantly know it has come off. The road to my area is fairly rough but I'm not the only one driving on the same road and others car clips don't come off.

Those mechanics know me. Anytime my car visits the auto mech shop. "Oga has come ... Musa go and get clips" its relatively cheap to replace but it's annoying at the same time. I visit a mech shop because of a #500 fix less service charge. They have tried different style to fix the clip, Some even add some thin layer of used rubber. It came off same day. The mech guy tried to bend the clips fingers to make it firm on the brake caliper, all failed. We tried using another type of clip, still came off

How do i install this clips permanently.

Picture is only for reference purpose. Not actual picture

Re: My Brake Pad Clip Always Coming Off by gasparpisciotta: 6:30am On Nov 22, 2021
Maybe you are using the wrong brake pads or pin for your car...mechos can be funny
Re: My Brake Pad Clip Always Coming Off by homeboy205: 2:32pm On Nov 22, 2021
alatbaba1:
Please my nairaland auto gurus. Help me. I stay and work in a remote area. I drive up to 40km to get to the nearest auto part dealers shop. I'm running insane. My Toyota corolla 2009 brake pad clips always comes off while driving. It make my braking noisy and its not safe, I always wonder the victims car tire that will pick those tiny metal on the road and repair cost to fix their tires. My car is too quiet and serious rattle noise while braking and it vibrate my steering wheel also. Its occurs mostly on the right front leg, immediately i feel vibration on the steering while braking i instantly know it has come off. The road to my area is fairly rough but I'm not the only one driving on the same road and others car clips don't come off.

Those mechanics know me. Anytime my car visits the auto mech shop. "Oga has come ... Musa go and get clips" its relatively cheap to replace but it's annoying at the same time. I visit a mech shop because of a #500 fix less service charge. They have tried different style to fix the clip, Some even add some thin layer of used rubber. It came off same day. The mech guy tried to bend the clips fingers to make it firm on the brake caliper, all failed. We tried using another type of clip, still came off

How do i install this clips permanently.

Picture is only for reference purpose. Not actual picture

Kuku change the whole hanger, it will come with pin
Re: My Brake Pad Clip Always Coming Off by Grupo(m): 7:52am On Nov 23, 2021
You are probably using the wrong brake calipers.

Check to be sure you are using the right caliper and even the right clips.

I see no reason why the clips will be falling off.
Re: My Brake Pad Clip Always Coming Off by sultaan(m): 10:22pm On Nov 28, 2021
Grupo:
You are probably using the wrong brake calipers.

Check to be sure you are using the right caliper and even the right clips.

I see no reason why the clips will be falling off.

X2

(1) (Reply)

I Am Preparing For CBT For National Driver's License In 2days. / Toyota Matrix ‘06 / I Can Help You Get Total MVLV And Weighbill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.