Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,167 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Why Is My Brake Not Sharp Again. Is This A Fake Brake Pad? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Is My Brake Not Sharp Again. Is This A Fake Brake Pad? (780 Views)

My Brake Pad Clip Always Coming Off / Please Help!!! Is My Car Having A Brake Pad Issue Or Wheel Bearing? / My Brake Doesnt Hold. Have To Pump It Once Or Twice First (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is My Brake Not Sharp Again. Is This A Fake Brake Pad? by fineboynl(m): 5:17am On Apr 07, 2023
My brake use to be very sharp. In fact every time it's applied you will be thrown from the seat. And I like it like that because I have mastered how to use it gently to slow down or for a sudden stop. If anyone drive it for the first time the person will be jeking the car.

It all started when my mechanic told me one of the back brake is half chop I should plan for it before iron will meet iron. So I told him how much he said it comes in two so I will be changing the both and 5k for the pads.

Since then the brake is not the same I have complained tire. He keep on saying the brake is ok. But that not how it was before. If you are following a car too close and that car stop too quickly sure you are going to hit it because this one will slow down before it stop even if you floor it down. The previous one can stop in full stop and very sharp incase you didn’t see something on time.

I have look at the brake very full and new. What then is the problem? Is it fake brake pad or something? I need help.
Re: Why Is My Brake Not Sharp Again. Is This A Fake Brake Pad? by Buharidgeneral: 5:18am On Apr 07, 2023
Maybe break master
Re: Why Is My Brake Not Sharp Again. Is This A Fake Brake Pad? by fineboynl(m): 5:29am On Apr 07, 2023
Buharidgeneral:
Maybe break master
what do you mean?
Re: Why Is My Brake Not Sharp Again. Is This A Fake Brake Pad? by Buharidgeneral: 10:53am On Apr 07, 2023
fineboynl:
what do you mean?

Tell your mechanic to check the breakmaster

Master break I meant
Re: Why Is My Brake Not Sharp Again. Is This A Fake Brake Pad? by fineboynl(m): 2:06pm On Apr 07, 2023
Buharidgeneral:

Tell your mechanic to check the breakmaster
I don't think so. What he changed was brake pad before I noticed this.

Fake brake pad come to mind.

1 Like

Re: Why Is My Brake Not Sharp Again. Is This A Fake Brake Pad? by Conner44: 2:28pm On Apr 07, 2023
fineboynl:
I don't think so. What he changed was brake pad before I noticed this.

Fake brake pad come to mind.

Oga go back and tell your mechanic to bleed your brake system properly. There might still be some air trapped in there.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is My Brake Not Sharp Again. Is This A Fake Brake Pad? by Godsonkemz(m): 2:58pm On Apr 07, 2023
It takes a couple of while for a new brake pad to be fully and effectively active. There's nothing to worry about so long as the master is functioning and brake was bleeded.
Re: Why Is My Brake Not Sharp Again. Is This A Fake Brake Pad? by Angrygoat: 8:56pm On Apr 07, 2023
He got u brake pad toks of 1500 2k. 5k brake pad go last u 8months
Re: Why Is My Brake Not Sharp Again. Is This A Fake Brake Pad? by showietee: 10:51am On Apr 08, 2023
Buharidgeneral:
Maybe break master

Master brake you meant....

His condition can't be master brake cos master is deadlier than the brake pad or whatsoever, master brake is the higher order and if not in order it will surely affect the whole brake system, it is not even advisable to manage like brake pads

1 Like

Re: Why Is My Brake Not Sharp Again. Is This A Fake Brake Pad? by showietee: 10:54am On Apr 08, 2023
Angrygoat:
He got u brake pad toks of 1500 2k. 5k brake pad go last u 8months

Please which country or region are you typing from?

Last year September brake pad in Abuja was around 4-5k, the last I bought last month (march 2023) was 9k... I can send you evidence if you care.
Re: Why Is My Brake Not Sharp Again. Is This A Fake Brake Pad? by Buharidgeneral: 11:18am On Apr 08, 2023
showietee:

Master brake you meant....

His condition can't be master brake cos master is deadlier than the brake pad or whatsoever, master brake is the higher order and if not in order it will surely affect the whole brake system, it is not even advisable to manage like brake pads

Master break is the plastic container we used to pour hydraulic fluid. If the master break is leaking or bad it can cause it Ask your mechanic about it

(1) (Reply)

Between Honda Accord 06 And Camry 2001: Your Honest Review Please / Is Jerking A Symtom Of Failed Transmission? / What's The Difference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.