Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) (54404 Views)

Snake Bites 2-year-old; Kid Bites Back, Killing It / What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? / 24 Die Of Snake Bites In Gombe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) by FlipModeSquade(m): 4:10pm On Nov 23, 2021
princefrank76:
very venomous.. don't even dare
Green..

Like Black..

Is just a color..

Different types of snakes are green..

Some are not venomous..
Re: Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) by ImoleNaija: 4:17pm On Nov 23, 2021
ediko5:
Where are the "Snake Rights Activists" on Nairaland?

You would not see their foolish comments on a thread like this. They must have crawled into their shells. I don't know when snakes become friendly animals. I await seeing any stupid comments about killing snakes. Me & dem don put our legs into one trouser undecided.

1 Like

Re: Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) by harmargedon: 4:21pm On Nov 23, 2021
princefrank76:

Re: Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) by Fahdiga(m): 4:26pm On Nov 23, 2021
tofolo:
We have some mamba's that are very green in nature, and extremely venomous...
Hnnnm
Re: Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) by Fahdiga(m): 4:26pm On Nov 23, 2021
Strugglingman:
yea ...d green water snakes are not venomous

But the green mamba's are ...im guessing thats a green mamba
Chai

1 Like

Re: Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) by Fahdiga(m): 4:27pm On Nov 23, 2021
Grandmeister:

The green mamba and boomslang are green in colour. And they are widely spread in Africa. The grass/bush snake is green but not venomous. But can you tell the difference?
Thanks for the update
Re: Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) by Fahdiga(m): 4:30pm On Nov 23, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:

GREEN MAMBAs are
First time I'm hearing this. Thanks
Re: Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) by Fahdiga(m): 4:31pm On Nov 23, 2021
princefrank76:
I've learnt something today
Re: Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) by Kobicove(m): 4:31pm On Nov 23, 2021
Fahdiga:
But I thought green snakes are not venomous

Why do you think we have the term "Green snake under green grass"?
Re: Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) by Fahdiga(m): 4:32pm On Nov 23, 2021
Kobicove:

Why do you think we have the term "Green snake under green grass"?
It is just a figure of speech but I've learnt something today
Re: Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) by Sttk: 4:39pm On Nov 23, 2021
Really
Re: Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) by zedman1(m): 5:13pm On Nov 23, 2021
Fahdiga:
I've watched a documentary on snakes of different colours and looks. In one case, there's this certain venomous snake, green in color which is almost identical with some other non venomous green snake. In summary, it's said for almost every venomous snake there's a twin which is sometimes almost completely harmless.
Re: Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 23, 2021
Oooooch so sad. Rip
Re: Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) by Coolgent(m): 5:36pm On Nov 23, 2021
RIP.
someone should make a thread on how snake enters WC toilet
Re: Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) by SenorFax(m): 6:18pm On Nov 23, 2021
JavaScript90:
most Nigerian hospitals don't have anti-venom. please be careful when visiting the toilet or bathroom. keep your surrounding clean and clear all nearby Bush.
Kill any snake you find in your surrounding whether venomous or not. be safe

Hello, I am a fullstack web developer. I develop all types of website. I major in developing complex custom website and mobile apps for businesses and startups. If you have an idea and need a competent programmer to translate your idea into codes, I am the right man for the job.
I also have a nice real estate website for sale specially designed for the Nigerian market
Click my username to see my WhatsApp number on my profile
I'm a UI/UX designer. We should work together
Re: Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) by NewDelhi(m): 6:22pm On Nov 23, 2021
BigDawsNet:
Looks like the African green mamba or
palm pit viper
green parrot snakes
African bush viper
boomslangs,
two-striped forest pit vipers

Rip to the lady...

Guys I think it's the reveng season...
The snake world are not happy with the massacre launched on them ...

How to fight a war with a snake angry
*Clean all bushes around you
*Flush your toilet multiple times before you sit your ass down on it
* Clean that your dirty stores... Something may be hiding under
*Get a snake repellent ND spray your surroundings

You just dey mention their names you no even checkout their geographical locations.

1 Like

Re: Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) by specialbobby(m): 6:30pm On Nov 23, 2021
Fahdiga:

Not all of them one is the if it bite you na bye bye oo
Re: Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) by biomedics(m): 6:31pm On Nov 23, 2021
When one is bitten by snake, the person should be immobilised immediately and the site washed with clean water if available. The person Pursuing the snake increases the rate at which the snake venom circulates through the person’s circulatory system and the person is likely to die before help comes.
Re: Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) by chival(f): 6:53pm On Nov 23, 2021
Fahdiga:
Some are. You can tell whether a snake is venomous or not from the shape of the head. Snakes with triangular heads are usually venomous. The head is shaped that way because poison sacs are located at the two sides of the wider portion of the head. Non-venomous snakes have rounded heads that meet in a straight line with the body without any bulges.

1 Like

Re: Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) by BigDawsNet: 6:54pm On Nov 23, 2021
NewDelhi:

You just dey mention their names you no even checkout their geographical locations.

Al the specie are available in Africa
Re: Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) by ugotaya: 6:59pm On Nov 23, 2021
Laggafin:
Has Nigeria offended Snakes? Why all dis bites on citizens bumbum

Not only in Nigeria even around the world. i will urge people to watch out andf umigate their homes. The things are becoming rampant
Re: Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) by Laggafin: 7:00pm On Nov 23, 2021
ugotaya:

Not only in Nigeria even around the world. i will urge people to watch out andf umigate their homes. The things are becoming rampant
It will not near my compound or house in Lagos.. Lai lai
Re: Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) by Gandokiejim: 7:08pm On Nov 23, 2021
Hmmmm.3 different species at the same time.3 people will die in that village
Re: Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) by Babatojide: 7:38pm On Nov 23, 2021
princefrank76:
Saw this somewhere and decided to share!!

How three different species of snakes where found in one place and at thesame time baffles me!!

That must be meeting of snakes lol.

The deceased was just unlucky to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.
RIP to her

"Black Monday as snake bite a married woman to death in Igwo, obudu local govt, Cross River State. See the snakes below. Two were killed by the woman's husband while the longest that bite the said woman was killed by the late woman. May her soul rest in peace. Amen."
Re: Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) by enonche85(m): 7:44pm On Nov 23, 2021
Fahdiga:

Not all green snakes. Green mambas are dangerous.
Re: Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) by Fahdiga(m): 7:50pm On Nov 23, 2021
chival:

Some are. You can tell whether a snake is venomous or not from the shape of the head. Snakes with triangular heads are usually venomous. The head is shaped that way because poison sacs are located at the two sides of the wider portion of the head. Non-venomous snakes have rounded heads that meet in a straight line with the body without any bulges.
Thanks for the update dear
Re: Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) by ediko5(m): 10:57pm On Nov 23, 2021
ImoleNaija:

You would not see their foolish comments on a thread like this. They must have crawled into their shells. I don't know when snakes become friendly animals. I await seeing any stupid comments about killing snakes. Me & dem don put our legs into one trouser undecided.

I dey tell you, the think tire me. The comment that annoys me most is "releasing them to the wild". If they say snakes should be caught to extract the anti-venom and thereafter killed that's okay by me.

1 Like

Re: Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) by airliner(m): 11:15pm On Nov 23, 2021
princefrank76:

Not all are. Except d green mamba
Re: Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) by Gkemz: 11:53pm On Nov 23, 2021
In a place dorminated by witches, she could be an unfortunate victim of witchcraft projection. It beats my imagination how three long snakes could appear to attack one person. This is unusual.
Re: Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) by Joeyfizzo: 12:59am On Nov 24, 2021
We have to appease Lala. U ppl have been killing is family members
Re: Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) by Joeyfizzo: 1:00am On Nov 24, 2021
chival:

story.
Re: Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) by Androidking: 7:06am On Nov 24, 2021
No one is even considering this as murder case . I think someone placed those snakes in that house , how can such large snake be in the toilet comfortably without leaving, no noise. With the length and etc . We are so backward,

Toilet body is so smooth that it will difficult for snake to climb , and if snake enter your soak-away or septic tank ,it's gone dead ,it can't even climb out .

Finally her house is very clean , it's not a public toilet it's a private home , even if snake enter your room or toilet it can never enter the WC because it won't be able to craw up to the smooth surface of the WC ,it will only stay on the tiles enjoying the cold tiles .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Are My Hands Shaking For No Reason? / Precious Iwezoa: 13-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Edo (Photos) / A 14-Year-Old Girl With Cancer Wins The Right To Have Her Body Frozen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.