Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,553 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls (42744 Views)

7.5% VAT On Phone CALLS, SMS - FIRS Incharge - Pantami / Free US Phone Number For Whatsapp, Calls And Text Messages / Why You Should Use Only The Left Ear To Answer Phone Calls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Crystalom3(m): 10:23am On Nov 23, 2021
I think it'll be more cost efficient for everyone to switch to internet calls.

They are less expensive and for the most part more stable than regular phone calls.

Internet calls of 30 minutes cost less than N50 while video calls of the same length cost less than N100.

Regular phone calls cost twice as much. For N100 you might not think much about it but instead of spending N1k you are spending N2k and instead of N10k recharge, you are spending N20k on the average.

Internet calls not only is cheaper but will solve the problem of double recharge. Nowadays we spend more to buy data. After that, we still recharge for regular airtime to use for phone calls.

Internet calls cuts that cost by almost 90%.

I think it's better if we can adopt this as a trend and use regular phone calls for emergencies.

411 Likes 17 Shares

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Nkem96: 10:27am On Nov 23, 2021
What about those wey nor get smartphone? Make we use Bluetooth call dem?

231 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Crystalom3(m): 10:30am On Nov 23, 2021
Nkem96:
What about those wey nor get smartphone? Make we use Bluetooth call dem?
There are also some people who don't have phone.

Not everyone will get everything every time. If we are to wait for everyone to get a phone before we start making calls, we'll probably still be waiting.

Internet calls is cheaper, if you are enabled, then make it.

the screenshot below is a call of over 5 hours costing less than N200 for both parties combined

Screenshot courtesy of mickeyenglish

542 Likes 28 Shares

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by ItsGoodToBeGood: 10:33am On Nov 23, 2021

I agree with you provided you will make it available to everyone

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Crystalom3(m): 10:37am On Nov 23, 2021
ItsGoodToBeGood:
I think it'll be more cost efficient for
everyone to switch to internet calls.

I agree with you provided you will make it available to everyone
what do you mean by I will make it available to everyone?

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by KiNg0G: 11:08am On Nov 23, 2021
You can't compare whatsapp call with normal phone call.

The delivery is different.
The audio clearity Is different

240 Likes 15 Shares

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by brosom(m): 11:18am On Nov 23, 2021
Not everyone have Media phones,

Especially those in rural areas.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Mamayam: 11:29am On Nov 23, 2021
Crystalom3:

They are less expensive and for the most part more stable than regular phone calls.

Internet calls of 30 minutes cost less than N50 while video calls of the same length cost less than N100.

Regular phone calls cost twice as much. For N100 you might not think much about it but instead of spending N1k you are spending N2k and instead of N10k recharge, you are spending N20k on the average.

Internet calls not only is cheaper but will solve the problem of double recharge. Nowadays we spend more to buy data. After that, we still recharge for regular airtime to use for phone calls.

I think it's better if we can adopt this as a trend and use regular phone calls for emergencies.
Who is going to pay for the data of the receiver?

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Boogyman557: 11:32am On Nov 23, 2021
Holly Gram cool WTF MAN

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by tayo60(f): 11:59am On Nov 23, 2021
If d receiver isn't online, how can a call be possible?

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Quality20(m): 11:59am On Nov 23, 2021
whatsapp r easily and even playfully hacked even by non tech guys

3 Likes

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by DroppingLiquid: 12:02pm On Nov 23, 2021
Don't worry, when enough people start doing this, don't expect your 2gb data bundle to last for up to 2 days.

Crystalom3:

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by cooooooks(m): 1:00pm On Nov 23, 2021
Umm, I highly doubt it. The great thing about WhatsApp is that it's encrypted.

I don't even think the FBI can hack it.
Quality20:

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Crystalom3(m): 1:39pm On Nov 23, 2021
KiNg0G:
You can't compare whatsapp call with normal phone call.

The delivery is different.
The audio clearity Is different
stop lying

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by PlaysNigeria: 1:39pm On Nov 23, 2021
Both parties must have an active data, hence bother parties are using equally separate data usage for the same call of your roughly calculated 50 naira/30 mins internet call which approximates the recharge call. Just that it's shared 2x 50 per min smiley

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Crystalom3(m): 1:41pm On Nov 23, 2021
brosom:
Not everyone have Media phones,

Especially those in rural areas.
not everyone have a phone

Especially in the rural areas.
Did that stop you from using one?

9 Likes

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Crystalom3(m): 1:58pm On Nov 23, 2021
PlaysNigeria:
Both parties must have an active data, hence bother parties are using equally separate data usage for the same call of your roughly calculated 50 naira/30 mins internet call which approximates the recharge call. Just that it's shared 2x 50 per min smiley
maybe I didn't state this clearly: internet voice call of 17 minutes cost 5mb. Both parties together will spend roughly N20, with each person paying N10.

Using the lowest call rate of 11k per second on a regular phone call, the caller will spend about N112.

That's almost 90% more expensive. I hope you get the picture now sha.

That's like buying airtime of N10k for the same value of N1k.

112 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Crystalom3(m): 2:04pm On Nov 23, 2021
Quality20:
the only insecurity you can find on WhatsApp is yourself.

Once you are hackable, then your whatsapp will be hackable.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Crystalom3(m): 2:12pm On Nov 23, 2021
All I'm saying is if you want to make long calls or gist with your lover or family member, it will make more sense to recharge them N100 to buy data and yourself N100 data.

That N200 will give you roughly 6 hours of talk time with your partner.

For phone calls, the same N200 will only give you 30 minutes at most.

And should we talk about the cost of making international phone calls?

124 Likes 8 Shares

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 23, 2021
Crystalom3:
All I'm saying is if you want to make long calls or gist with your lover or family member, it will make more sense to recharge them N100 to buy data and yourself N100 data.

That N200 will give you roughly 6 hours of talk time with your partner.

For phone calls, the same N200 will only give you 30 minutes at most.

And should we talk about the cost of making international phone calls?

Everything you said is correct, except when you said N200 can give you 30mins call at most. If you call MTN with GLO I don't think you'll even get 10mins. The worst one is calling MTN with Airtel, small time you'll just hear " you have one minute remaining "
Internet call is the best

111 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Spactacle(m): 3:16pm On Nov 23, 2021
dannyrhymes600:

Everything you said is correct, except when you said N200 can give you 30mins call at most. If you call MTN with GLO I don't think you'll even get 10mins. The worst one is calling MTN with Airtel, small time you'll just hear " you have one minute remaining "
Internet call is the best

If you are on MTN pulse, N200 should give you almost 30mins of call to all network..
Though I get what the op is talking about.

16 Likes

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Styluss: 3:27pm On Nov 23, 2021
Spactacle:

If you are on MTN pulse, N200 should give you almost 30mins of call to all network..
that's true.. For mtn to mtn... U should get 26mins with 200# but with 20mb... You will do more

11 Likes

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 23, 2021
Spactacle:

I am on MTN pulse too. E be like say I offend those people and them no wan tell me

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Whobedatte(m): 5:01pm On Nov 23, 2021
WhatsApp call that will be reconnecting every few seconds ?
I hate it with passion and I don't pick WhatsApp calls too.
Trust me , people are not using the service because it's delivery is poor though cheaper .
Internet service in Nigeria is still at incipient stage compared to the rest of the world tongue

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Crystalom3(m): 6:25pm On Nov 23, 2021
Whobedatte:
WhatsApp call that will be reconnecting every few seconds ?
I hate it with passion and I don't pick WhatsApp calls too.
Trust me , people are not using the service because it's delivery is poor though cheaper .
Internet service in Nigeria is still at incipient stage compared to the rest of the world tongue
Bros you are blaming the wrong people.

The fault is from our network providers not whatsapp. Granted nothing is perfect but 99% of reconnecting problem is most likely due to poor network reception and not the app

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Fortune109: 7:03pm On Nov 23, 2021
Crystalom3:
Bros you are blaming the wrong people.

The fault is from our network providers not whatsapp. Granted nothing is perfect but 99% of reconnecting problem is most likely due to poor network reception and not the app

People may likely square it up with you if you try to better their lots here...I still wonder why someone prefers to use so much energy on a tree he would have used a chainsaw on in less time

12 Likes

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Spactacle(m): 7:09pm On Nov 23, 2021
dannyrhymes600:

I am on MTN pulse too. E be like say I offend those people and them no wan tell me
Lols, or maybe you should call their customer care line to ask them why yours is different �

2 Likes

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Spactacle(m): 7:12pm On Nov 23, 2021
Styluss:
that's true.. For mtn to mtn... U should get 26mins with 200# but with 20mb... You will do more
yes, you're right. If not for the poor internet services, most people would opt for internet calls rather than our normal call wey wan finish person. grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Styluss: 7:47pm On Nov 23, 2021
Spactacle:
yes, you're right. If not for the poor internet services, most people would opt for internet calls rather than our normal call wey wan finish person. grin grin grin
normal call is costly... I don't really make such calls anymore... I expect anyone to call me on whatsapp as I hardly off data. I might not be available to chat.. But I'm always online

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Spactacle(m): 8:21pm On Nov 23, 2021
Styluss:
normal call is costly... I don't really make such calls anymore... I expect anyone to call me on whatsapp as I hardly off data. I might not be available to chat.. But I'm always online

I'm also like that. Hardly put off my data, but you see my contacts ehn!, They'll prefer I call them on normal calls because of the poor internet services and it's really draining...if not for Mtn pulse,maybe na letter I go dey write cheesy cheesy cheesy

12 Likes

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by MufasaLion: 8:22pm On Nov 23, 2021
WhatsApp call is very good! Smooth talk and affordable! Oh, it's encrypted also. There are many conversations that I dare not have on normal call because it might be recorded.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Styluss: 9:10pm On Nov 23, 2021
Spactacle:

I'm also like that. Hardly put off my data, but you see my contacts ehn!, They'll prefer I call them on normal calls because of the poor internet services and it's really draining...if not for Mtn pulse,maybe na letter I go dey write cheesy cheesy cheesy
lol... ND to think that pulse point is still useful!!! I use it for night subs when I need to download movies... the funny thing is... I sometimes sleep off and D movies zap all my real data

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Social Media Acronyms Every User Should Know / Tecno Camon 12 (N47,500) Vs Infinix S4 (N45,800) Speed Test Comparison(photos) / How To Use Cheats On Androids Without A Physical Keyboard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.