Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,245 members, 7,825,941 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls (42831 Views)

7.5% VAT On Phone CALLS, SMS - FIRS Incharge - Pantami / Free US Phone Number For Whatsapp, Calls And Text Messages / Why You Should Use Only The Left Ear To Answer Phone Calls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Lifewasgood: 8:25am On Nov 24, 2021
The one wey dey pain me na Airtel go they convert my data to YouTube night. Make I nor sleep again? Who know them make he tell them before he go bring problem between us

1 Like

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by rajiedreez: 8:25am On Nov 24, 2021
shizzleStar:
how about network?do you always have a strong network for normal calls?
the network for normal call is still more reliable than internet calls
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by dvkot(m): 8:26am On Nov 24, 2021
rajiedreez:
WhatsApp call has bad sound quality compared to normal call and Facebook messenger calls
that's false whatsapp hs a clearer quality
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Crystalom3(m): 8:27am On Nov 24, 2021
airsaylongcome:

Nothing is ever free. No such thing as "free wifi". Someone always pays. Even if it seems free to you, you are still paying by surrendering your personal data
y'all keep saying personal data, did that ever stop you from using Facebook or WhatsApp for one second?
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Etuagievin(m): 8:28am On Nov 24, 2021
WhatsApp call is not as efficient and smooth like signal call. When you call with signal it's like the receiver is physically with you , talking right into Ur ears. The response/ feedback is swift.

1 Like

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by bluefilm: 8:28am On Nov 24, 2021
Crystalom3:
I think it'll be more cost efficient for everyone to switch to internet calls.

They are less expensive and for the most part more stable than regular phone calls.

Internet calls of 30 minutes cost less than N50 while video calls of the same length cost less than N100.

Regular phone calls cost twice as much. For N100 you might not think much about it but instead of spending N1k you are spending N2k and instead of N10k recharge, you are spending N20k on the average.

Internet calls not only is cheaper but will solve the problem of double recharge. Nowadays we spend more to buy data. After that, we still recharge for regular airtime to use for phone calls.

Internet calls cuts that cost by almost 90%.

I think it's better if we can adopt this as a trend and use regular phone calls for emergencies.

Wow!

You just realized that internet calls are far cheaper?

That means your brain has finally started working!

And we thank the Lord for that.
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by ImoleNaija: 8:28am On Nov 24, 2021
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by George700(m): 8:29am On Nov 24, 2021
i remember doing video call with my friends with my 2G lenovo phone it was very bad dem no dey hear me sef, i wan cry that day, i just stick regular calls till a better phone comes.
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by dvkot(m): 8:29am On Nov 24, 2021
Whatsapp call is clear on every 4g phone
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Crystalom3(m): 8:30am On Nov 24, 2021
Lifewasgood:
The one wey dey pain me na Airtel go they convert my data to YouTube night. Make I nor sleep again? Who know them make he tell them before he go bring problem between us
Airtel de learn work for glo side.

Glo will give you 2gb for N1000.

1gb out of that will be for night browsing for only two days. Worst part is you don't know the one glo is cutting the money from when you are browsing at night. So I don't even get to use it.

Naija is too cold man
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by airsaylongcome: 8:30am On Nov 24, 2021
Crystalom3:
y'all keep saying personal data, did that ever stop you from using Facebook or WhatsApp for one second?

Yup. I'm not on Facebook, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Google. I pay anonymously for my email service provider, a Company in Switzerland. My phone is completely degoogled. So yes a lot of us care about Privacy and Anonymity
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by dvkot(m): 8:30am On Nov 24, 2021
Etuagievin:
WhatsApp call is not as efficient and smooth like signal call. When you call with signal it's like the receiver is physically with you , talking right into Ur ears. The response/ feedback is swift.
ill check it out
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by buJu234: 8:31am On Nov 24, 2021
i think u re making sense; especially as part of cost cutting measures..

business; official or job-related calls can be made via normal phone call

but

gisting; storytelling; checking on friends etc; can b via WhatsApp call.
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by emaopel: 8:31am On Nov 24, 2021
Crystalom3:
All I'm saying is if you want to make long calls or gist with your lover or family member, it will make more sense to recharge them N100 to buy data and yourself N100 data.

That N200 will give you roughly 6 hours of talk time with your partner.

For phone calls, the same N200 will only give you 30 minutes at most.
You are absolutely right... But ignorance do affect many people...even some times, our so call partners will want you to spend more and drain your purse to proof that you love them than sacrifice their data for such
And should we talk about the cost of making international phone calls?
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Olam09(m): 8:31am On Nov 24, 2021
Crystalom3:

They are less expensive and for the most part more stable than regular phone calls.

Internet calls of 30 minutes cost less than N50 while video calls of the same length cost less than N100.

Regular phone calls cost twice as much. For N100 you might not think much about it but instead of spending N1k you are spending N2k and instead of N10k recharge, you are spending N20k on the average.

Internet calls not only is cheaper but will solve the problem of double recharge. Nowadays we spend more to buy data. After that, we still recharge for regular airtime to use for phone calls.

I think it's better if we can adopt this as a trend and use regular phone calls for emergencies.

That's true but what about people that don't use to have data??
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Crystalom3(m): 8:31am On Nov 24, 2021
George700:
i remember doing video call with my friends with my 2G lenovo phone it was very bad dem no dey hear me sef, i wan cry that day, i just stick regular calls till a better phone comes.
video calls on 2g phone is expected to be poor.

Maybe you should have tried voice calls only
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Crystalom3(m): 8:33am On Nov 24, 2021
Olam09:

That's true but what about people that don't use to have data??
doesn't matter.

If you are to recharge N200, send N100 to them and use N100 for yourself.

That N200 will give you 6 hours of talk time but for regular phone calls it'll only give you 30 minutes or less.

1 Like

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Peace081: 8:33am On Nov 24, 2021
Op it will not work cheesy
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by omoadeleye(m): 8:33am On Nov 24, 2021
Nkem96:
What about those wey nor get smartphone? Make we use Bluetooth call dem?

Oga calm down and read the last part.

And moreover is just a suggestion and not mandatory.

1 Like

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Lifewasgood: 8:33am On Nov 24, 2021
Crystalom3:
Airtel de learn work for glo side.

Glo will give you 2gb for N1000.

1gb out of that will be for night browsing for only two days. Worst part is you don't know the one glo is cutting the money from when you are browsing at night. So I don't even get to use it.

Naija is too cold man

Na hard life wey we dey live for naija
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by NwaIgboBoy(m): 8:34am On Nov 24, 2021
So if I wan call my mom I will 1st ask her to leave her food stuffs she's selling in the market and log on to WhatsApp for us to talk so I can save money abi?

Infact OP , na December 25th I go have words to say to you.
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by kay29000(m): 8:34am On Nov 24, 2021
Whobedatte:
WhatsApp call that will be reconnecting every few seconds ?
I hate it with passion and I don't pick WhatsApp calls too.
Trust me , people are not using the service because it's delivery is poor though cheaper .
Internet service in Nigeria is still at incipient stage compared to the rest of the world tongue

Exactly. I don't pick Whatsapp calls, except it is my mom calling.
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Babaken(m): 8:35am On Nov 24, 2021
Good networks matters too
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 24, 2021
The disadvantage is if someone you want to call is not online or not on data,
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by obailala(m): 8:37am On Nov 24, 2021
Crystalom3:

Please keep your voice down; these are the kind of posts that will make Buhari ban whatsapp calls very soon. The Telcos might even bribe NCC to ban VoIP calls if Buhari fails to do so. Please allow us to quietly enjoy our much clearer and cheaper whatsapp calls in peace.
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Crystalom3(m): 8:37am On Nov 24, 2021
bluefilm:

Wow!

You just realized that internet calls are far cheaper?

That means your brain has finally started working!

And we thank the Lord for that.
attention seeking is a disgusting trait.

Try growing up sir
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by MufasaLion: 8:38am On Nov 24, 2021
airsaylongcome:

And WhatsApp calls cannot be recorded? Is that what you think?

The network providers can't.
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Crystalom3(m): 8:39am On Nov 24, 2021
obailala:
Please keep your voice down; these are the kind of posts that will make Buhari ban whatsapp calls very soon. The Telcos might even bribe NCC to ban VoIP calls if Buhari fails to do so. Please allow us to quietly enjoy our much clearer and cheaper whatsapp calls in peace.
grin grin

But It's so sad to see many people clinging to the old ways of doing things even if it's killing them financially
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by maureensylvia(f): 8:39am On Nov 24, 2021
Crystalom3:
A girl once told me this and I laugh.

It's a because you want to feel valuable that a guy is spending on you. But we only spend the bonus they gave us when we recharge grin grin

The goal of a call is to talk. Not feel important

Oh no dear
Not the reason
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Olam09(m): 8:39am On Nov 24, 2021
Crystalom3:
doesn't matter.

If you are to recharge N200, send N100 to them and use N100 for yourself.

That N200 will give you 6 hours of talk time but for regular phone calls it'll only give you 30 minutes or less.

Well that's true sha.. i do use WhatsApp call for my friends wey dey always get data and normal call for business and customers
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Pimine: 8:40am On Nov 24, 2021
Aswearugaaad

If WhatsApp call no dey wetin we for do? My guy in the UK, we talk all the time. Last time 'twas almost 2 hours talk via WhatsApp. Now imagine how much we woulda spent if it was a normal call?

Me and my friends, when we were in the university, used to contribute cash then recharge a huge glo bundle and share amongst ourselves so we could reach each other easily via internet calls. The name of the app we were using eludes me right now.

The only issue is that when you're on WhatsApp call, you wouldn't know if someone else was tryna reach you. That's a big concern for me.
I prefer to be the one doing the WhatsApp calling than the other way around.
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by airsaylongcome: 8:40am On Nov 24, 2021
MufasaLion:

The network providers can't.

Lol...there is absolutely nothing beyond your service provider. If they want your WhatsApp communication, they can get it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria Has ‘Most Expensive’ Internet Globally, Surfshark Press Study / My Experience Using New Age Power Bank / Telegram Throws Subtle Shade At Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.