Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another (18472 Views)

Changing Job From One Federal Government Agency To Another / Federal Ministry Of Water Resources 2018 Recruitment / Federal Ministry Of Water Resources Port Harcourt Recruitment (Apply Now) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by blackpanda: 2:53pm On Nov 24, 2021
u came to social media to ask for steps my dear u are not ready grin
Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by Write4me(m): 3:01pm On Nov 24, 2021
Check transfer market before e close.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by Omooniya1: 3:34pm On Nov 24, 2021
talk2hb1:

Okay, Thanks.
How about situation where a public servants goes for a political appointments or post, what request is filed please?
Thank you in advance!

In Civil service there is what we call Secondment and Transfer, Secondment is temporary relief of an officer from one organization to another organization for atleast two years and it can also be renew for another two years totaling 4 years after that it cant be renew again, while Transfer is the permanent relief of an officer from one organization to another organization. so the difference between the two is, one is Permanent and the other one Temporary.... so you can choose anyone that go along with your request.
Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by talk2hb1(m): 3:39pm On Nov 24, 2021
Omooniya1:

In Civil service there is what we call Secondment and Transfer, Secondment is temporary relief of an officer from one organization to another organization for atleast two years and it can also be renew for another two years totaling 4 years after that it cant be renew again, while Transfer is the permanent relief of an officer from one organization to another organization. so the difference between the two is, one is Permanent and the other one Temporary.... so you can choose anyone that go along with your request.
Thank You For The Enlightenment!
Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by chibuike65: 3:41pm On Nov 24, 2021
I'm on that table too, but I discovered that they closed that window for long now
Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by thatigboman1: 4:09pm On Nov 24, 2021
talk2hb1:

Okay, Thanks.
How about situation where a public servants goes for a political appointments or post, what request is filed please?
Thank you in advance!
leave of absence
Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by id4sho(m): 4:47pm On Nov 24, 2021
talk2hb1:

Okay, Thanks.
Thank you in advance!
Not allowed, you have to resign.
Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by Tareq1105: 5:36pm On Nov 24, 2021
If you don't know how to go about it then you're not a civil servant.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by talk2hb1(m): 5:38pm On Nov 24, 2021
id4sho:

Not allowed, you have to resign.
I guess it's allowed, I read it somewhere in the public services handbook

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by mechanics(m): 6:15pm On Nov 24, 2021
For you to transfer to another ministry, they ought to be vacancy in the ministry you want to be transferred to, then will Write a letter for permanent release to your permanent secretary through your section and branch head.
Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by tradepunter: 3:39am On Nov 25, 2021
By slamming your head
Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by slimsucre: 7:31am On Nov 25, 2021
talk2hb1:

Okay, Thanks.
Thank you in advance!
Apple for leave of absence

1 Like

Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by Ladymillion(f): 10:51am On Nov 25, 2021
Try and go on Secondment there first to enable you make contact, transfer of service is subject to availability of vacancy.Vacancy determines acceptance. While on secondment, you should be able to properly understand how they work and how to go about your Transfer of service request because you are now an insider , it takes a while to conclude though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by Bambita: 5:56pm On Sep 19, 2022
Ladymillion:
Try and go on Secondment there first to enable you make contact, transfer of service is subject to availability of vacancy.Vacancy determines acceptance. While on secondment, you should be able to properly understand how they work and how to go about your Transfer of service request because you are now an insider , it takes a while to conclude though.
Does this apply to university staff too? As in lecturers
Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by drLammy(m): 8:10pm On Dec 07, 2022
Can I apply for transfer within same organization, to different state. Within 1 month of employment.
I'm located in Abuja but was given appointment in Lagos. Ordinarily I won't even mind paying if neccesary.
Kindly guide me through this thanks
Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by NurHadejia(m): 11:58am On Dec 13, 2022
Mrukk

1 Like

Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by enumerica: 3:24pm On May 27, 2023
Omooniya1:
Very easy, in as much as the new Ministry you are going is ready to absorb you as there staff, then you write your former (old) ministry or parastatal informing them to transfer your Service to your new ministry.

I was formerly working in one of this Federal Parastatal and I got another Parastatal that pay more than my former Parastatal..... First what i did was to seek for two years Secondment, I was granted, after the two years lapsed, I went back to my former office and seek for another 2 years and I was also granted totaling (4) years and after the expiration of the last two years... I then write for Transfer of service to my new parastatal, and I was granted. The only issue is, you must atleast ensure that you got your appointment letter in your new office in other for you not to jeopardize the old one..
Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by enumerica: 3:26pm On May 27, 2023
seunmsg:

Extremely difficult if you ask me. The best option is to wait for your desired ministry to declare vacancy. You can then apply for a fresh appointment and once you get it, you can easily apply for merger of service.
Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by Mrukk: 6:33pm On Jun 29, 2023
NurHadejia:
Mrukk
Thanks
Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by Ovii123(m): 10:16am On Feb 22
micflo28:
I need this too. I want to move from one paramilitary agency to another. Any heads-up
Please bro, have you been able to do this? please I need ur swift response because I want to do exactly same.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Got A Good Job Because Of The Personal CDS Project I Did When I Served / Nigeria Customs Recruitment Examination Centres 2019 / Sokoto State University Massive Job Recruitment - 95 Positions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.