Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,422 members, 7,861,183 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:12 AM

Man Distracts Shopkeeper And Steals N100K Recharge Cards From A Store In Jos - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Distracts Shopkeeper And Steals N100K Recharge Cards From A Store In Jos (17811 Views)

Suspected Thief Attacks Woman With Knife And Steals Her Phone In Jigawa / Lady Caught On CCTV Stealing N500k From A Store (Video) / Immigration Recovers 700 Voter Cards From Foreigners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Distracts Shopkeeper And Steals N100K Recharge Cards From A Store In Jos by Bmaster(m): 1:52pm On Nov 25, 2021
WibusJaga:

How many thieves in Nigeria have been caught after sharing their cctv footages? Probably none.
It's high time we started manning these cameras real time. Yes, it may add to the business overhead cost but any scapegoat caught would be made to pay heavily.
You can even be using it to set trap for thieves. Just leave an iPhone13 carelessly on the table & pretend to go check something. Once the thief strikes, security men will just appear.
Na another means of revenue be dat. cool
That's the height of wickedness,bruh.
Re: Man Distracts Shopkeeper And Steals N100K Recharge Cards From A Store In Jos by kolakolex: 1:59pm On Nov 25, 2021
WibusJaga:

How many thieves in Nigeria have been caught after sharing their cctv footages? Probably none.
It's high time we started manning these cameras real time. Yes, it may add to the business overhead cost but any scapegoat caught would be made to pay heavily.
You can even be using it to set trap for thieves. Just leave an iPhone13 carelessly on the table & pretend to go check something. Once the thief strikes, security men will just appear.
Na another means of revenue be dat. cool

Lolz...u mean,to generate IGR grin

1 Like

Re: Man Distracts Shopkeeper And Steals N100K Recharge Cards From A Store In Jos by cybriz82(m): 2:12pm On Nov 25, 2021
Am very sure he stole that cloth m shoe on iz body..
Re: Man Distracts Shopkeeper And Steals N100K Recharge Cards From A Store In Jos by Streetdreamx(m): 2:12pm On Nov 25, 2021
Even take CCTV selfie chai... Smooth Criminal.
Re: Man Distracts Shopkeeper And Steals N100K Recharge Cards From A Store In Jos by AyobamiIsaac12: 2:12pm On Nov 25, 2021
That made me remember an event that happened recently. A guy came to my mum's shop to buy 500 naira mtn recharge card. Upon sighting his appearance, my mind was somehow troubled. This was a guy that dressed well, wore nice shoes, had a purse under his armpit, fine, tall guy. I gave him the mtn card and he paid. He left the front of my shop and loaded the card in a place not too far from my shop. After loading the card, he came back and told me that the card has been used. I told him to load it again. He did but what mtn said is that "this card has been used by another customer".

So, I checked the top of his screen to see how many sim he had on his phone and I saw two but one was not active, then I concluded that maybe he had loaded it on the one that was not active and then turned it off from his settings(that was a very smart tactics to deceive those who are not really used with smartphones). I kept quiet because my mum was not around and told him that my mum would have to come so we'd know what we could do about it. Baba said he was going to work and he needed it urgently to call someone.

I told him I couldn't change it for him unless my mum came back. He told me to give him another 200, I gave him thinking he was going to pay(my bad) but he loaded it and called one random person like that. He started leaving and I told him that he has not paid for the one he just bought, he said he can't pay because he was not the one that loaded the 500 naira card and that he still has 300 change to collect when my mum comes back. He dropped his number for me to call whenever my mum was back. I contacted mtn after he left to know when the card was loaded and they told me that the card was loaded that morning, that confirmed my suspicion grin

My mum came back and I explained to her all that happened. I called the man that my mum was back. He came thinking he was going to collect extra 300 cry. That was when my mum told him to try the card again, he tried it and brought out the same "has been used by another customer". My mum collected his phone and gave me to unlock that other sim he loaded it on and locked. I tried opening the settings but there was pattern on it, I told him to unlock it that we want to confirm something, baba said he can't that we are trying to invade his privacy. I told him he'll be watching what I was doing that we just want to clarify something but he said he won't open.

That was when we started giving ourself hot hot. He said he wants to remove his sim so we can confirm that he has only one sim but I smart pass that one- both sim might not be in the same place. I told him he didn't need to remove his sim, just let me check your settings, he didn't agree. That was how he left and we just left him since it was only 200 he went away with. He later brought the 200 in the evening because he knew we caught him, and maybe his conscience was judging him too
Re: Man Distracts Shopkeeper And Steals N100K Recharge Cards From A Store In Jos by uptownemmygee(m): 2:25pm On Nov 25, 2021
Nigerians eeeh, nah boys wey draw tattoos, dreadlocks or pierce their ear them dey carry bad eye dey look but the ones wey dress cooperate be good person. Lol una never see anything.

Naso one man wey wear senator move my momsy phone for inside church on Sunday, she been dey avoid to sit with boys wey dress anyhow according to her come go sit with person wey dress normal.
Re: Man Distracts Shopkeeper And Steals N100K Recharge Cards From A Store In Jos by Gbagura: 2:34pm On Nov 25, 2021
Just yesterday, a woman came into my wife's shop asking her to help in hooking her bra properly only for her to dug one hand into my wife's bag on the table and took 50k. It was God's hands that touched wifey to check bag instantly for something only to find 50k missing.

She asked her sister there if she took 50k from her bag and when this woman realized my wife has found out money is missing, she threw the money down and started running. She escaped with the help of a bike man waiting for her at the other street.

This woman looked well composed, elderly and responsible oo. My people, thou shalt not lose guard in this time and season. There are hungry vampires everywhere. May God save us from them.
Re: Man Distracts Shopkeeper And Steals N100K Recharge Cards From A Store In Jos by realstars: 2:42pm On Nov 25, 2021
Brainard22:
E come dey look CCTV with boldness grin
he only noticed it late, and there is nothing he can do than to look with guilt.
Re: Man Distracts Shopkeeper And Steals N100K Recharge Cards From A Store In Jos by Bigpapi: 2:46pm On Nov 25, 2021
Brainard22:

Because him know watin him do
Re: Man Distracts Shopkeeper And Steals N100K Recharge Cards From A Store In Jos by Goalnaldo(m): 3:09pm On Nov 25, 2021
Inkling:
Is this not Johnson Suleiman?
is his father's brother.
Re: Man Distracts Shopkeeper And Steals N100K Recharge Cards From A Store In Jos by IzEmmyGraphz(m): 3:29pm On Nov 25, 2021
Odide009:
This is one of the reasons they say, do not compare yourself to anybody or try to be like someone. Any body sees him now will think is a comfortable man. I won't be surprise, if he has a car parked outside the Mall. This is terrible.
Confirm talk, lots of fakers out there
Re: Man Distracts Shopkeeper And Steals N100K Recharge Cards From A Store In Jos by Benprass(m): 4:14pm On Nov 25, 2021
Fryzi:
It's like this is the new norm. What's the essence of owning a CCTV & nobody watches it so as to alarm securities?

I tell you that is what lead to that girl burning the whole super market.
Re: Man Distracts Shopkeeper And Steals N100K Recharge Cards From A Store In Jos by doctor20202020(m): 4:19pm On Nov 25, 2021
I kn him call me on 08033196353
Re: Man Distracts Shopkeeper And Steals N100K Recharge Cards From A Store In Jos by Hkff: 5:31pm On Nov 25, 2021
Really
Re: Man Distracts Shopkeeper And Steals N100K Recharge Cards From A Store In Jos by Burgerlomo: 7:50pm On Nov 25, 2021
Brainard22:

Bastard
Re: Man Distracts Shopkeeper And Steals N100K Recharge Cards From A Store In Jos by Malik1234: 10:59pm On Nov 25, 2021
Alert!!!
New Nigerian crime channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IILJhmdChA0
Re: Man Distracts Shopkeeper And Steals N100K Recharge Cards From A Store In Jos by MisterKennedy(m): 10:32pm On Nov 26, 2021
Murrayish:
Omo! I remember this one time I was helping my mom sell chicken during Christmas at our junction. A man came and priced two chickens and kept asking me to go take another one out the cage. After about 10minutes of back and forth, he decided on the two he wanted, then he asked me for what to use to tie up the legs of the chicken. I told him to wait I'll call someone to come with ropes. He then proceeded to give me the money, about 10,000. Luckily for me, the previous day, my mum showed me how to recognize fake money so upon me sighting the money all shiny, I knew it was fake so I pretended to lift one up to check. Once he saw me do that, he said I should bring back the money that he will bring go bring a bag from home to carry the chickens. Na so he zoom off on his okada oh. Odidi 10,000naira fake money. These folks look innocent the most.
I'm so happy for you sweetie

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Motor Parts Thief Caught By Vigilante In Delta (Photos) / Court Sentences Two Internet Fraudsters To Three Months Jail (Photos) / Court Sentences Man To 20 Years In Prison For Raping 10-Year-Old Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.