Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,104 members, 7,835,735 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

My Daughter Cleared Her Waec Result While In SS2 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Daughter Cleared Her Waec Result While In SS2 (2216 Views)

Government College Ikot Ansa SS2 Students Bring Gangsters To Fight SS3 in school / Madu Stephanie Gets Straight A's In Her WAEC Result (Photos) / WAEC 2020: Meet Ogwubie Chikemzi Praise Who Made Parallel A's In Her WAEC Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Daughter Cleared Her Waec Result While In SS2 by Abbey4life: 2:22pm On Nov 25, 2021
Hello Fellow Nairalanders.
I registered my 16years old daughter who is in one of the high brow school in Ibadan and currently in SS3 to partake in the 2021 WAEC in another school while in SS2 to give her a feel of what the exam looks like.

Result came out and she cleared her papers with 1A, 2Bs and 6Cs. I would expect her to have at least 5As when she would be writing with her set next year 2022.

I have a bill of over #1m to pay for her yet to do 2nd and 3rd term fees for next year.

Now my issue is this. Do I allow her finish up with her peers and pay the bill next year with expectation of a better grade or I should just pull her out and focus on 2022 jamb and save some bucks.

What do you guys feel?

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Cleared Her Waec Result While In SS2 by chatinent: 2:24pm On Nov 25, 2021
All these things are illegal.

5 Likes

Re: My Daughter Cleared Her Waec Result While In SS2 by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 25, 2021
you must go to jail,am tracking you now!!

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Cleared Her Waec Result While In SS2 by HarunaWest(m): 2:26pm On Nov 25, 2021
Abbey4life:
I registered my 16years old daughter who is in one of the high brow school in Ibadan and currently in SS3 to partake in the 2021 WAEC in another school while in SS2 to give her a feel of what the exam looks like.

Result came out and she cleared her papers with 1A, 2Bs and 6Cs. I would expect her to have at least 5As when she would be writing with her set next year 2022.

I have a bill of over #1m to pay for her yet to do 2nd and 3rd term fees for next year.

Now my issue is this. Do I allow her finish up with her peers and pay the bill next year with expectation of a better grade or I should just pull her out and focus on 2022 jamb and save some bucks.

What do you guys feel?
Pull her out... That grade don do...C is enough to pass waec...let her complete her school, get testimonial and hustle admission. Shikenah

5 Likes

Re: My Daughter Cleared Her Waec Result While In SS2 by Abbey4life: 2:31pm On Nov 25, 2021
chatinent:
All these things are illegal.

Oh really? My ignorance. Thanks all the same

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Cleared Her Waec Result While In SS2 by Abbey4life: 2:33pm On Nov 25, 2021
Johndagr8t:

Aaah. Please don't send me there. Thanks bro
Re: My Daughter Cleared Her Waec Result While In SS2 by Nobody: 2:36pm On Nov 25, 2021
Abbey4life:

Aaah. Please don't send me there. Thanks bro
lol,congrat to the person
Re: My Daughter Cleared Her Waec Result While In SS2 by chatinent: 2:37pm On Nov 25, 2021
Abbey4life:

Oh really? My ignorance. Thanks all the same

Don't be. Nigeria is illegal itself.

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Cleared Her Waec Result While In SS2 by olasaad(f): 2:44pm On Nov 25, 2021
Pulling her out may affect her later in university. Let her continue with her mates. She will need the ss3 experience when she enter 100level

8 Likes

Re: My Daughter Cleared Her Waec Result While In SS2 by Abbey4life: 2:55pm On Nov 25, 2021
olasaad:
Pulling her out may affect her later in university. Let her continue with her mates. She will need the ss3 experience when she enter 100level

True. God bless!

2 Likes

Re: My Daughter Cleared Her Waec Result While In SS2 by Femolacaster(m): 5:09pm On Nov 25, 2021
Abbey4life:

What do you guys feel?
I think it's better you let her complete the SS3 class. I currently teach at a Cambridge A level centre. I can boldly tell you from experience that a child that completed secondary school syllabus, and able to pass SSCE on his/her own won't have much problem going for CAIE program.

5 Likes

Re: My Daughter Cleared Her Waec Result While In SS2 by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 25, 2021
Abbey4life:

What do you guys feel?
pls let her finish ss3.. Most courses taught in ss3 is to integrate them into 100level..
It will affect her if you pull her out..
Henhen Mr abbey, abeg na ibadan me self dey o, incase any job pop up sir, I am readily available..
I am a family man in a very dicey situation now, God bless..
Re: My Daughter Cleared Her Waec Result While In SS2 by Overrated833(m): 6:18pm On Nov 25, 2021
Let her finish ss3 please oo e get y
Re: My Daughter Cleared Her Waec Result While In SS2 by munezo(m): 6:30pm On Nov 25, 2021
You are a blessed man.

I will advise you to allow her finish with her peers next year, and do the exam again for an improved result. Pulling her out at SS2 may look like she didn't complete her secondary education, which may be needed later in the future. Also consider the valedictory service, awsrds, year book and other 'serenren' that she will miss if she doesn't finish with her mates.

She can then prepare well for her JAMB afterwards
Re: My Daughter Cleared Her Waec Result While In SS2 by aminusodiq(m): 6:33pm On Nov 25, 2021
Abbey4life:

my parents pulled my brother out while in ss2. He had his neco result last year. He did waec this year and got five A1s mathematics inclusive and others are b2 and b3. No credits

Ps - he scored 295 in jamb and he did all that in a public school.

I think bulk of the performance is from the learner. If your kid if a fast learner and ambitious... He or she should meet up.
My brother did that without breaking the bank. He used some of my old textbooks and we bought new ones too...
He spend bulk of his time reading and sometimes play games. Hes dosent get tired of reading.

The best is allowing your kid finish ss 3, but if you think hes able to learn on his own will little or no guidance. You can take the above risk. the performance depends on his innate abilities.

2 Likes

Re: My Daughter Cleared Her Waec Result While In SS2 by Abbey4life: 6:53pm On Nov 25, 2021
munezo:
You are a blessed man.

I will advise you to allow her finish with her peers next year, and do the exam again for an improved result. Pulling her out at SS2 may look like she didn't complete her secondary education, which may be needed later in the future. Also consider the valedictory service, awsrds, year book and other 'serenren' that she will miss if she doesn't finish with her mates.

She can then prepare well for her JAMB afterwards

Wow. You couldn't have said it any better. God bless your wisdom

2 Likes

Re: My Daughter Cleared Her Waec Result While In SS2 by Abbey4life: 6:54pm On Nov 25, 2021
Overrated833:
Let her finish ss3 please oo e get y

Thank you
Re: My Daughter Cleared Her Waec Result While In SS2 by Abbey4life: 6:55pm On Nov 25, 2021
southniyikaye:
pls let her finish ss3.. Most courses taught in ss3 is to integrate them into 100level..
It will affect her if you pull her out..
Henhen Mr abbey, abeg na ibadan me self dey o, incase any job pop up sir, I am readily available..
I am a family man in a very dicey situation now, God bless..

Yes, I will do just that. Your year of breakthrough is here already. Just beleieve
Re: My Daughter Cleared Her Waec Result While In SS2 by Abbey4life: 6:57pm On Nov 25, 2021
aminusodiq:
my parents pulled my brother out while in ss2. He had his neco result last year. He did waec this year and got five A1s mathematics inclusive and others are b2 and b3. No credits

Ps - he scored 295 in jamb and he did all that in a public school.

I think bulk of the performance is from the learner. If your kid if a fast learner and ambitious... He or she should meet up.
My brother did that without breaking the bank. He used some of my old textbooks and we bought new ones too...
He spend bulk of his time reading and sometimes play games. Hes dosent get tired of reading.

The best is allowing your kid finish ss 3, but if you think hes able to learn on his own will little or no guidance. You can take the above risk. the performance depends on his innate abilities.

Thank you bro. I will just let her follow the ladder. You know how e be when man is trying to save cost by avoiding payments for 2nd and 3rd term. Thank you very much
Re: My Daughter Cleared Her Waec Result While In SS2 by aminusodiq(m): 7:04pm On Nov 25, 2021
Abbey4life:

Thank you bro. I will just let her follow the ladder. You know how e be when man is trying to save cost by avoiding payments for 2nd and 3rd term. Thank you very much
thats true... Im sure she'll excel. May God provide for you sir.

Im in ibadan sir... In case you have any job offer for me... I need a good job and will be glad if you help cry

B. Tech - Agricultural Economics (Lautech)
Second class Upper - 4.41CGPA
Fast learner, focused and ambitious
Skill set- Excel, PowerPoint, photoshop, illustrator, ms-word
Pls help save a life cry cry cry cry

My c.v is so available for your perusal. Thanks in anticipation sir
Re: My Daughter Cleared Her Waec Result While In SS2 by munezo(m): 7:05pm On Nov 25, 2021
Abbey4life:

Wow. You couldn't have said it any better. God bless your wisdom

Amen. You are welcome
Re: My Daughter Cleared Her Waec Result While In SS2 by aminusodiq(m): 7:06pm On Nov 25, 2021
Abbey4life:

thats true... Im sure she'll excel. May God provide for you sir.
Im in ibadan sir... In case you have any job offer for me... I need a good job and will be glad if you help cry

P. S
B. Tech - Agricultural Economics (Lautech)
Second class Upper - 4.41CGPA
Fast learner, focused and ambitious
Skill set- Excel, PowerPoint, photoshop, illustrator, ms-word
Pls help save a life cry cry cry cry

My c.v is so available for your perusal. Thanks in anticipation sir
Re: My Daughter Cleared Her Waec Result While In SS2 by teamoneline: 7:41pm On Nov 25, 2021
Because someone is a fast learner doesn't mean you should give that person double promotion. Any step you jump in life will hunt you for the rest of you life. They are many topics in ss3 she will need in future as prerequisite and you will not want her to do twice the work she would have easily done if you didn't pull her out. Though some children will put in twice the work to catch up but trust me Many children i have seen given double promotion don't end up well because they are not mentally ready to put in that double work to catch up. Life is a journey, one step at a time don't jump.

4 Likes

Re: My Daughter Cleared Her Waec Result While In SS2 by elGenius: 8:27pm On Nov 25, 2021
the reality is it's impossible, majority of WAEC questions are SS3 topics. even the ss2 questions will require the proper understanding of an ss3 topic, but we all know how it went

the best you can do for her is to ensure that she finishes the ss3 with full dedication and treat it as though she hasn't passed at all.
let her finish with her mates

something about being able to defend the result

It's wrong to think that school is all about reading and passing exams. Reason why most first class graduates are still nothing to to write home about

3 Likes

Re: My Daughter Cleared Her Waec Result While In SS2 by ekineme: 8:29pm On Nov 25, 2021
Pull the child and enroll her in a lesson centre, this is to keep her busy and also use the opportunity to be preparing for next year Jamb

The Nigeria University curriculum is actually design to favor people in her situation.
For the fact she is a fast learner is enough reason to pull her out of the school and save that money for more important stuff.

Everything they will teach her in SS3 will be repeated during her 100level. This is to ensure that those who missed out get equiped before the main courses will be introduced.

Let her start preparing for Jamb now, by preparing and testing her self with past question.

If you still want to spend the money,use it to pick Prescience or remedial form for her.

This is my own opinion and to the best of my knowledge,the best decision you can take for her.

2 Likes

Re: My Daughter Cleared Her Waec Result While In SS2 by Lordbinsmar: 8:49pm On Nov 25, 2021
Lucky you
Re: My Daughter Cleared Her Waec Result While In SS2 by ashewoboy(m): 9:39pm On Nov 25, 2021
the result is not good enough to gain her admission in a public university. hope you are taking her to a private school?
Re: My Daughter Cleared Her Waec Result While In SS2 by hope4nigeria(m): 9:43pm On Nov 25, 2021
Johndagr8t:
who's this one, bandits cow, at the mention of anything education, they become beast
Re: My Daughter Cleared Her Waec Result While In SS2 by ITbomb(m): 9:59pm On Nov 25, 2021
WAEC exam questions can be crammed by a brilliant student to pass but you need to cover the SSS syllabus if you want your Year 1 to be stress free

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Cleared Her Waec Result While In SS2 by Cashsteady(m): 10:40pm On Nov 25, 2021
School na scam...
Re: My Daughter Cleared Her Waec Result While In SS2 by femi4: 6:42am On Nov 26, 2021
Abbey4life:

What do you guys feel?
Let her do jamb jare
Re: My Daughter Cleared Her Waec Result While In SS2 by femi4: 6:46am On Nov 26, 2021
Abbey4life:

What do you guys feel?
Let her do jamb jare.... Don't waste her time and your money. It's her ability that's key here and she's proven to be solid

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uniabuja Pre-degree / Weac Time Table / Ebsu Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.