Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,399 members, 7,861,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:13 AM

My Daughter Cleared Her Waec Result While In SS2 - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Daughter Cleared Her Waec Result While In SS2 (2261 Views)

Government College Ikot Ansa SS2 Students Bring Gangsters To Fight SS3 in school / Madu Stephanie Gets Straight A's In Her WAEC Result (Photos) / WAEC 2020: Meet Ogwubie Chikemzi Praise Who Made Parallel A's In Her WAEC Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: My Daughter Cleared Her Waec Result While In SS2 by othermen: 6:58am On Nov 26, 2021
First, congratulations to her on such a significant accomplishment.

The WAEC result she has is already a reflection of her ability or competence.

To write the exam and pass, I am sure she applied the needed efforts and studied beyond the range of her current syllabus or the syllabus required at her level.

The purpose of school is to facilitate learning or aid teaching, the purpose of the exam is to get evidence that the students has acquired knowledge, the result again is an evidence that she has acquired knowledge.

Is exam a good test of knowledge? I don’t know a better one.

Is her result an evidence of her knowledge? Certainly, at the moment.

Was it possible, she was assisted in her exam center during the course of the exam, and the result is not actually a reflection of her ability? Absolutely possible.

These questions and many more, which you have first hand access to, should drive your decision about the fellow.

If the result is a reflection of her ability, then I see little point in her repeating the process. The truth is, more students from secondary schools in Nigeria don’t get the green light on their first attempt of the external examination <WASSCE, NECO>.

Do they repeat the final class? No, they attend private tutorials and take the private exams. Are they then inadequate? No, they are not.

If the result is a reflection of her ability, I think she should be given the opportunity to forge ahead, she should use the time that may be wasted in the pursuit of what she already has, to pursue what she is yet to have or gain.

What matters is, she doesn’t stop learning… so register her in a reputable learning center where she will be prepared for her subsequent exams (UTME & Post UTME).

I believe the UTME consolidate further even on WAEC in terms of the confidence required. The UTME questions are more technical and demanding in knowledge; this implies, she will still be gaining knowledge at the secondary level, but a knowledge her supposed peers do not have access to, and a specific knowledge oriented towards her intended course of study in the higher institution. Her actual peers now are those who have passed WAEC and are preparing for the UTME.

However, if there is any indication, that the result is not a reflection of her ability, and that she is still much lacking the knowledge she is to be imbued or instructed in her final secondary class; then I think she should focus on learning and acquiring the expected knowledge at the level.

If her competence level, is slightly behind, then you should enroll her in both UTME and the SSCE simultaneously, with the UTME being the priority.

If fund is only available for one or limited fund, let her go for the UTME, then complement the UTME, with her also attending tutorials for those wanting to write WASSCE. She would gain the needed knowledge from such tutorial.

However, whatever you do, be reasonable in the pressure you apply on her; it’s important you apply pressure, so her ability don’t rust away. Her success is not an excuse for binge watching of series or TV shows. However, cut her the needed slacks.

If she intends studying accounting, she is currently qualified to write the ICAN exams at the ATS level. Again, such exam is only a further consolidation of her existing learning and knowledge.

All the best to her.

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Cleared Her Waec Result While In SS2 by Abbey4life: 11:05am On Nov 26, 2021
othermen:
First, congratulations to her on such a significant accomplishment.

The WAEC result she has is already a reflection of her ability or competence.

To write the exam and pass, I am sure she applied the needed efforts and studied beyond the range of her current syllabus or the syllabus required at her level.

The purpose of school is to facilitate learning or aid teaching, the purpose of the exam is to get evidence that the students has acquired knowledge, the result again is an evidence that she has acquired knowledge.

Is exam a good test of knowledge? I don’t know a better one.

Is her result an evidence of her knowledge? Certainly, at the moment.

Was it possible, she was assisted in her exam center during the course of the exam, and the result is not actually a reflection of her ability? Absolutely possible.

These questions and many more, which you have first hand access to, should drive your decision about the fellow.

If the result is a reflection of her ability, then I see little point in her repeating the process. The truth is, more students from secondary schools in Nigeria don’t get the green light on their first attempt of the external examination <WASSCE, NECO>.

Do they repeat the final class? No, they attend private tutorials and take the private exams. Are they then inadequate? No, they are not.

If the result is a reflection of her ability, I think she should be given the opportunity to forge ahead, she should use the time that may be wasted in the pursuit of what she already has, to pursue what she is yet to have or gain.

What matters is, she doesn’t stop learning… so register her in a reputable learning center where she will be prepared for her subsequent exams (UTME & Post UTME).

I believe the UTME consolidate further even on WAEC in terms of the confidence required. The UTME questions are more technical and demanding in knowledge; this implies, she will still be gaining knowledge at the secondary level, but a knowledge her supposed peers do not have access to, and a specific knowledge oriented towards her intended course of study in the higher institution. Her actual peers now are those who have passed WAEC and are preparing for the UTME.

However, if there is any indication, that the result is not a reflection of her ability, and that she is still much lacking the knowledge she is to be imbued or instructed in her final secondary class; then I think she should focus on learning and acquiring the expected knowledge at the level.

If her competence level, is slightly behind, then you should enroll her in both UTME and the SSCE simultaneously, with the UTME being the priority.

If fund is only available for one or limited fund, let her go for the UTME, then complement the UTME, with her also attending tutorials for those wanting to write WASSCE. She would gain the needed knowledge from such tutorial.

However, whatever you do, be reasonable in the pressure you apply on her; it’s important you apply pressure, so her ability don’t rust away. Her success is not an excuse for binge watching of series or TV shows. However, cut her the needed slacks.

If she intends studying accounting, she is currently qualified to write the ICAN exams at the ATS level. Again, such exam is only a further consolidation of her existing learning and knowledge.

All the best to her.

Advice well taken and digested.
God bless your wisdom. I truly appreciate

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

A B U Zaria(sbrs Prospectus)Have To Read This / Lasu Predegree Form / Obafemi Awolowo University 2018/2019 Admission Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.