Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Ethiopia: Stop That Useless Civil War Now - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ethiopia: Stop That Useless Civil War Now (1122 Views)

Nuclear War Now Inevitable / Samsung Blocks TVs Looted By South Africans, Making Them Useless (PIX) / What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ethiopia: Stop That Useless Civil War Now by Elbinawi: 6:18am On Nov 26, 2021
Ethiopia: Stop that Useless Civil War Now

One country that I loved so much in Africa and I wish to visit one day is Ethiopia. The first nation to help Oppressed Muslims was Ethiopia when that just Christian King gave asylum to persecuted Muslims at the advent of Islam.

When some few years back the US-created ISIS barbarians murdered 19 Ethiopian hostages in Libya, I cried for three days. I considered that war crime as a historic betrayal of our Holy Prophet (sa).

Christianity arrived Africa not from the West as most people assumed but from Ethiopia. When Ethiopia was Christian, Europe was a pagan continent.

Ethiopia was never colonized by any European power. The Italians tried but they suffered humiliating defeat. The famous battle of Adwa in 1896 will never be forgotten by we Africans. Ethiopians taught the arrogant Italians the rudiments of war.

The stunning scenery of Ethiopia, richly civilized population, serving great food, world-renowned coffee, fascinating history, envious religious freedom and tolerance and much more placed Ethiopia among world great nations. The nation that defeated the arrogant Italian invaders have it our own calendar & Alphabets.

There was a time Ethiopia was an overwhelming Christian population but Islam was allowed to spread with no persecution, victimization, harassment or hate mongering. Today Muslims make up more than 35% of the entire population of Ethiopia. Yes, today there are more than 40 million Muslims in Ethiopia.

I decided to write ✍️ this piece on Ethiopia because of the unfortunate recent happening in that country. Ethiopia with that celebrated National air carrier was doing exceptionally well until this recent stupid war against the Tigray region. Tigray is the North most part of Ethiopia.

The present Prime Minister of Ethiopia, Abiy Ahmed, is a huge disappointed. Starting the war with Tigray was the most stupid decision I have ever seen from a ruler. The Tigrayans were begging for a political solution but this arrogant man refused. Today the Tigrayans are on the doors of Addis Ababa.

On a final note, African countries should as a matter of urgency find a political solution to the Ethiopian crisis. Involving the arrogant West will only worsen the situation. Invasion of Addis Ababa will only trigger huge flow of refugees that Ethiopian neighbors can not contain.

Harun Elbinawi
elbinawi@yahoo.com
Elbinawi.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia: Stop That Useless Civil War Now by uncleck: 6:19am On Nov 26, 2021
Igbos have been begging Nigeria for a political solution to their aspirations and the government paid no attention until they took weapon, you lots blamed them for going violent and never blamed the government for not proffering any political solution. Now you're blaming Ethiopian government for not going political because your "brothers" now appears to be the "victims".

Bro, the truth is, as far as we continue to base our judgement on religious considerations, we will never make any headway in Africa. If I become the Nigeria's president, I will kill religion completely; I will squash the 36 states system; I will throw out current education policy to the Atlantic and finally, I will unify Africa and use diplomacy to force them to follow suit

8 Likes

Re: Ethiopia: Stop That Useless Civil War Now by Terorislam: 6:29am On Nov 26, 2021
That particular act of help the king gave those persecuted Muslims like you stated is the foundation of ethupia problem and may consum them if care is not taking, Alimi and Afonja in kwara state is another case, Muslims are not supposed to be helped no matter the condition they are in, cos once you help them they will turn against you

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ethiopia: Stop That Useless Civil War Now by Myexdisturbs: 6:34am On Nov 26, 2021
uncleck:
Igbos have been begging Nigeria for a political solution to their aspirations and the government paid no attention until they took weapon, you lots blamed them for going violent and never blamed the government for not proffering any political solution. Now you're blaming Ethiopian government for not going political because your "brothers" now appears to be the "victims".

Bro, the truth is, as far as we continue to base our judgement on religious considerations, we will never make any headway in Africa. If I become the Nigeria's president, I will kill religion completely; I will squash the 36 states system; I will throw out current education policy to the Atlantic and finally, I will unify Africa and use diplomacy to force them to follow suit
Stick to topic, this is not about igbos afonjaa. If for anything the tigray people are the ones at fault here and they behave like fulanis..Afonjaa leave igbos alone

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia: Stop That Useless Civil War Now by nzeobi(m): 6:50am On Nov 26, 2021
That's African mentality for you where people think that negotiation is irrelevant and not important and everything will be must be done with brute force

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia: Stop That Useless Civil War Now by nzeobi(m): 6:54am On Nov 26, 2021
Myexdisturbs:

Stick to topic, this is not about igbos afonjaa. If for anything the tigray people are the ones at fault here and they behave like fulanis..Afonjaa leave igbos alone

If they behave like Fulanis why not allowed them to be on their own after all Eritrea was in Ethiopia before they defeated the Ethiopian army out of sheer determination and today they have their own country.

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopia: Stop That Useless Civil War Now by Myexdisturbs: 6:55am On Nov 26, 2021
nzeobi:

If they behave like Fulanis why not allowed them to be on their own after all Eritrea was in Ethiopia before they defeated the Ethiopian army out of sheer determination and today they have their own country.
You should have asked what the tigray people wanted. They are fighting for control and not independence
Re: Ethiopia: Stop That Useless Civil War Now by CrownOfClay724: 6:57am On Nov 26, 2021
Myexdisturbs:

That they behave like Fulani is inconsequential.

I don't know if Ethiopia's Umbilical cord is tied to the Tigray region, but I do much believe in The Man and Freedom that I feel they should have their own country if that is all they are asking for.
Re: Ethiopia: Stop That Useless Civil War Now by CrownOfClay724: 6:58am On Nov 26, 2021
Myexdisturbs:

You should have asked what the tigray people wanted. They are fighting for control and not independence

This is not true.
Re: Ethiopia: Stop That Useless Civil War Now by Myexdisturbs: 7:02am On Nov 26, 2021
CrownOfClay724:

That they behave like Fulani is inconsequential.

I don't know if Ethiopia's Umbilical cord is tied to the Tigray region, but I do much believe in The Man and Freedom that I feel they should have their own country if that is all they are asking for.
You're obviously naive and Ignorant. Please do read to save yourself from this embarrassing ignorance. The tigray that have rules for more than 30 years and only recently Abiy got elected. You mustn't give an opinion if you don't know what is happening. Illiterate

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethiopia: Stop That Useless Civil War Now by nzeobi(m): 7:03am On Nov 26, 2021
Myexdisturbs:

Did what you said make reasonable sence to you.
Re: Ethiopia: Stop That Useless Civil War Now by Myexdisturbs: 7:16am On Nov 26, 2021
nzeobi:

Did what you said make reasonable sence to you.
It doesn't make sense to an imbecilicc doddo like you bc you lack knowledge of history and therefore can't comprehend

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopia: Stop That Useless Civil War Now by CrownOfClay724: 7:17am On Nov 26, 2021
Myexdisturbs:

You're obviously naive and Ignorant. Please do read to save yourself from this embarrassing ignorance. The tigray that have rules for more than 30 years and only recently Abiy got elected. You mustn't give an opinion if you don't know what is happening. Illiterate

I don't trade ad hominems , but if I have to, I know well you're not my match at it.

I'm Nigerian and Northerners have ruled this contraption for a greater number of years since its inception.

If they wake up tomorrow and say they want to leave because a Goodluck Jonathan became president and sidelined them from the centre, I wouldn't call for their head.

I'll leave it at that.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia: Stop That Useless Civil War Now by Myexdisturbs: 7:27am On Nov 26, 2021
CrownOfClay724:

I don't trade ad hominems , but if I have to, I know well you're not my match at it.

I'm Nigerian and Northerners have ruled this contraption for a greater number of years since its inception.

If they wake up tomorrow and say they want to leave because a Goodluck Jonathan became president and sidelined them from the centre, I wouldn't call for their head.

I'll leave it at that.
You're still writing like a goat, at no point did the tigray people say they want independence. Ignorant foool

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia: Stop That Useless Civil War Now by uncleck: 7:31am On Nov 26, 2021
Myexdisturbs:

but the article is blaming the blaming the government...
Re: Ethiopia: Stop That Useless Civil War Now by nzeobi(m): 8:03am On Nov 26, 2021
Myexdisturbs:

What is wrong in fighting to control your own destiny or having your own country
Re: Ethiopia: Stop That Useless Civil War Now by CrownOfClay724: 8:52am On Nov 26, 2021
Myexdisturbs:
My father is an ignorant fool.

I quite agree. undecided
Re: Ethiopia: Stop That Useless Civil War Now by Myexdisturbs: 9:44am On Nov 26, 2021
CrownOfClay724:

I quite agree. undecided
E pain am oo grin grin cheesy
Re: Ethiopia: Stop That Useless Civil War Now by Cousin9999: 1:38pm On Nov 27, 2021
Tell Egypt and the West to stop using the "rebels" as a proxy army.
Re: Ethiopia: Stop That Useless Civil War Now by Gireiboy(m): 4:29pm On Nov 27, 2021
uncleck:

Hahahaha!!! this is the dumbest wishful thinking i have ever heard. Squash religion in Nigeria grin how they hell are you going to achieve that (a democratically elected president for that matter). I am guessing you are gonna use aliens to achieve that or may that timewe northerners are no longer in the country (because we will just used our guys either in the army or DSS to slaughter you,while you sleep).
Re: Ethiopia: Stop That Useless Civil War Now by uncleck: 10:32pm On Nov 27, 2021
Gireiboy:

Hahahaha!!! this is the dumbest wishful thinking i have ever heard. Squash religion in Nigeria grin how they hell are you going to achieve that (a democratically elected president for that matter). I am guessing you are gonna use aliens to achieve that or may that timewe northerners are no longer in the country (because we will just used our guys either in the army or DSS to slaughter you,while you sleep).
Nothing is impossible bro, anything money cannot do, more money can do it. Do you know that as a president, you can rewrite the constitution and have it passed? How, you asked? Offer a year's capital expenditure to the national assembly and ask them to pass the bill and then vacate their position; they'll gladly accept it. How much more a lesser task like ending religion. How can you achieve that? Produce a realistic, actionable school curriculum that emphasizes 100% science, culture and history. Employ superior (relative to religious clerics) propagandists and let them flood the whole media with the new teaching. Convert every religious center to research, agricultural, medical, academic or industrial complex. Note: religion will still be allowed on private basis. In less than ten years religion will mostly belong to history
Re: Ethiopia: Stop That Useless Civil War Now by Gireiboy(m): 9:35am On Nov 28, 2021
uncleck:

Nothing is impossible bro, anything money cannot do, more money can do it. Do you know that as a president, you can rewrite the constitution and have it passed? How, you asked? Offer a year's capital expenditure to the national assembly and ask them to pass the bill and then vacate their position; they'll gladly accept it. How much more a lesser task like ending religion. How can you achieve that? Produce a realistic, actionable school curriculum that emphasizes 100% science, culture and history. Employ superior (relative to religious clerics) propagandists and let them flood the whole media with the new teaching. Convert every religious center to research, agricultural, medical, academic or industrial complex. Note: religion will still be allowed on private basis. In less than ten years religion will mostly belong to history
Ok, woo! i believe the plan won't work in a complex society like ours.
Re: Ethiopia: Stop That Useless Civil War Now by uncleck: 11:53am On Nov 28, 2021
Gireiboy:

Ok, woo! i believe the plan won't work in a complex society like ours.
Nigeria is not as complex as we think. Beneath the christian Muslim/north south dichotomy that is overblown in social media, is a people who are united in more ways such as poverty and suffering. Most of our differences are politically orchestrated. Check out the harmony that exists between Nigerians of different tribes at different markets and in different streets across the country.

(1) (Reply)

$13 Million Russian Pantsir S-1 Air Defense System Destroyed By Ukrainian Forces / Egypt Bans Hijab (Niqab) In Schools, Social Media Users Divided / No Ceasefire In Gaza No Votes For You- American Muslims Threaten President Biden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.