Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Rema Calls Out DJ Neptune Over His Intellectual Property (Pics) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rema Calls Out DJ Neptune Over His Intellectual Property (Pics) (29092 Views)

Pop Legend, Madonna, Hugs Rema. Calls Him A Great Performer Backstage / Talented Artist ASAKE Acquires Multi-million Naira Property (pics) / Why Rema Fight Dj Neptune Over Song Dj Kaywise Support (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rema Calls Out DJ Neptune Over His Intellectual Property (Pics) by Abdulazeez99: 6:53am On Nov 26, 2021
Mavin Records star, Rema has accused DJ Neptune of releasing an old song of theirs on his new album without consulting him first, Igbere TV reports.

In a lengthy rant, Rema accused DJ Neptune of dropping an old song they did together without following due process or consulting him. He shared this via his Twitter page on Friday, the 26th of November 2021.

DJ Neptune dropped his sophomore album, the second volume of his debut piece, Greatness this morning. The star-studded 16-track project features acts like Laycon, Mr Eazi, Patoranking, Bella Shmurda, Adekunle Gold, Blaqbonez, Rema amongst others.

Registering his displeasure at the way DJ Neptune released the song without his permission, Rema went on a lengthy rant on Twitter. He wrote;

With all due respect chief! Dropped my old record without due process?!! I’m not happy at all. @deejayneptune

Don’t violate the codes, can’t drop my song without my notice, can’t even remember the last time we spoke big bro, I pleaded with my manager behind the scenes when y’all tagged me before it dropped, y’all still went ahead! c’mon nau!

Rema also requested that the song be take down with immediate effect.

https://twitter.com/heisrema/status/1464033321810378756

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rema Calls Out DJ Neptune Over His Intellectual Property (Pics) by Irondome1: 6:53am On Nov 26, 2021
Rema should calm down...

HEY no matter what you are passing through right now never give up. Keeping pushing hard and smart one day e go beta.

31 Likes

Re: Rema Calls Out DJ Neptune Over His Intellectual Property (Pics) by Freestainworld(m): 6:56am On Nov 26, 2021
Rema too dey rant grin, I blame Don jazzy wey wise am up

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rema Calls Out DJ Neptune Over His Intellectual Property (Pics) by Juliusmomoh: 6:57am On Nov 26, 2021
Song wey no even sweet to hear....

And again, no be person wey don chop belle full go listen to music.

As i de now, me and my saving account only god knows who is saving each other.

But we move......

207 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Rema Calls Out DJ Neptune Over His Intellectual Property (Pics) by Megabig: 7:03am On Nov 26, 2021
Why though? That’s not how it’s done

9 Likes

Re: Rema Calls Out DJ Neptune Over His Intellectual Property (Pics) by CrownOfClay724: 7:06am On Nov 26, 2021
Freestainworld:

Keep quiet jare.

Na this line of thinking make Buhari dey press Una neck today.

You saw the issue he raised but na make he keep quiet and take shit on his head to look cool to all of you, be your own.

Who does what he alleged Neptune did?

181 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Rema Calls Out DJ Neptune Over His Intellectual Property (Pics) by Myer(m): 7:07am On Nov 26, 2021
Freestainworld:

Rema knows his worth.
DJ Neptunes should only try this with upcoming acts, and not the established ones.
In a structured industry, he'll probably be paying most or his gains to Rema.

I started being a fan of Rema after seeing some of his interviews. Very deep and calculated guy.

115 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rema Calls Out DJ Neptune Over His Intellectual Property (Pics) by EzegeNdiigbo: 7:08am On Nov 26, 2021
The song no be hit song nau why ya come dey pala

Abeg he no pay ya to record dah song??

4 Likes

Re: Rema Calls Out DJ Neptune Over His Intellectual Property (Pics) by MufasaLion: 7:12am On Nov 26, 2021
Freestainworld:

That boy has achieved more than you could ever dream of!

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rema Calls Out DJ Neptune Over His Intellectual Property (Pics) by MufasaLion: 7:14am On Nov 26, 2021
Myer:

Rema knows his worth.
DJ Neptunes should only try this with upcoming acts, and not the established ones.
In a structured industry, he'll probably be paying most or his gains to Rema.

I started being a fan of Rema after seeing some of his interviews. Very deep and calculated guy.

Leave that dude. He thinks music is all about singing and social media hype. Music business is the deal! What Rema did shows that he's indeed learnt well from Don Jazzy.

83 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rema Calls Out DJ Neptune Over His Intellectual Property (Pics) by MufasaLion: 7:15am On Nov 26, 2021
EzegeNdiigbo:
The song no be hit song nau why ya come dey pala

Abeg he no pay ya to record dah song??

Irrespective of the song's public acceptance, music is more than that.

25 Likes

Re: Rema Calls Out DJ Neptune Over His Intellectual Property (Pics) by Unruly7(m): 7:19am On Nov 26, 2021
Rema get sense

29 Likes

Re: Rema Calls Out DJ Neptune Over His Intellectual Property (Pics) by luwiizy(m): 7:26am On Nov 26, 2021
I think it an act of disrespect releasing an artist song without his concent...

It makes no sense..

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rema Calls Out DJ Neptune Over His Intellectual Property (Pics) by DSC7: 7:32am On Nov 26, 2021
Rema sef get mind to drag Dj Neptune? shocked shocked

Hmmmm lipsrsealed...

Pray make all these DJ's no wreck ur career....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rema Calls Out DJ Neptune Over His Intellectual Property (Pics) by jericco1(m): 7:48am On Nov 26, 2021
Imagine.. that's very disrespectful of Neptune

10 Likes

Re: Rema Calls Out DJ Neptune Over His Intellectual Property (Pics) by JavaScript90: 7:51am On Nov 26, 2021
If this is true, neptune have become an intellectual criminal. Arrest and prosecute him without disturbing the media that can't prove your case

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rema Calls Out DJ Neptune Over His Intellectual Property (Pics) by affable4(m): 9:40am On Nov 26, 2021
Hian. Must it be on social media?
Re: Rema Calls Out DJ Neptune Over His Intellectual Property (Pics) by Angelopeters: 9:42am On Nov 26, 2021
Booked a space, now I don't know what to do with it.

Is this how land grabbing really feels like?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rema Calls Out DJ Neptune Over His Intellectual Property (Pics) by Bonaventura(m): 9:44am On Nov 26, 2021
Rema is bigger than DJ Neptune

11 Likes

Re: Rema Calls Out DJ Neptune Over His Intellectual Property (Pics) by MufasaLion: 9:44am On Nov 26, 2021
DSC7:

Hmmmm lipsrsealed...

No DJ can wreck his career! Rema is not an upcoming act.

44 Likes

Re: Rema Calls Out DJ Neptune Over His Intellectual Property (Pics) by Chibudollar: 9:45am On Nov 26, 2021
One day them go beat this boy, although he is not wrong in this case

1 Like

Re: Rema Calls Out DJ Neptune Over His Intellectual Property (Pics) by Tonygeesm(m): 9:45am On Nov 26, 2021
Have you seen any one in Nigeria follow due process

5 Likes

Re: Rema Calls Out DJ Neptune Over His Intellectual Property (Pics) by Amspecial: 9:45am On Nov 26, 2021
grin
Re: Rema Calls Out DJ Neptune Over His Intellectual Property (Pics) by siofra(f): 9:45am On Nov 26, 2021
Marry me Rema

3 Likes

Re: Rema Calls Out DJ Neptune Over His Intellectual Property (Pics) by Bonaventura(m): 9:46am On Nov 26, 2021
DSC7:

Hmmmm lipsrsealed...

Rema big pass Neptune

6 Likes

Re: Rema Calls Out DJ Neptune Over His Intellectual Property (Pics) by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 26, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

But we move......

9 Likes

Re: Rema Calls Out DJ Neptune Over His Intellectual Property (Pics) by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 9:46am On Nov 26, 2021
Freestainworld:

Rema is saying the truth but Nigerians like you hates the truth and that is why Buhari is your President.

20 Likes

Re: Rema Calls Out DJ Neptune Over His Intellectual Property (Pics) by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 26, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

But we move......
You are a clown.

The issue here is that you are as disgusting as the DJ. Rema is still being nice, if he takes the useless goatie to court so he can pay, that when is he will understand what is copyright.

Same way most of you dont see scamming wrong. It's just a pity that people like you are in the same country with one. Just read to his comment!!!

Useless comment. Rubbish!

25 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Wizkid Truly Dead? / Pictures From Comedian Bovi Wife's Birthday Party / Omoni Oboli's "Okafor's Law" Party In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.