Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,030 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

Company Punishes Protesting Staff With Late Payment (Memo) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Company Punishes Protesting Staff With Late Payment (Memo) (23302 Views)

January Salaries Of Federal Civil Servants To Be ‘delayed Beyond Normal’ – Memo / Employers Risk One-month Imprisonment For Late Payment Of Salaries / Media Trust Honours 41 Of Its Staff With Promotion And Cash. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Company Punishes Protesting Staff With Late Payment (Memo) by HARKsmart(m): 7:51pm On Nov 26, 2021
I got the news from a friend who said that his company directors show no concern for safety.
One of the Engineers got his hand amputated in an industrial accident, while another fell from 3 storey building while on duty because no safety measure was in place.

The staff protested, however, they were punished by not paying the staff on time deciding to pay half in the following month and the remaining half more than a week later.

Now, they heard staffs won't be coming during December, so they decided to make this announcement.

What do you suggest that he do?
How can he report that to Ministry of safety or safety compliance officials?

3 Likes

Re: Company Punishes Protesting Staff With Late Payment (Memo) by olaboy33(m): 5:48pm On Nov 27, 2021
A Chinese or Lebaneese company I guess..

You'ld be lucky if the company is situated in Lagos. With the incessant collapse of buildings due to safety neglect, LASBCA would easily swoop in on this

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Company Punishes Protesting Staff With Late Payment (Memo) by FutureIsFemale(f): 5:48pm On Nov 27, 2021
I can't dictate the gender of the manager with this cruel treatment.

2 Likes

Re: Company Punishes Protesting Staff With Late Payment (Memo) by Kusheer(m): 5:48pm On Nov 27, 2021
For north here people dey campaign for Buhari again cry cry cry

This Nigeria just dey frustrate me

Who go help us like this undecided undecided undecided undecided

14 Likes

Re: Company Punishes Protesting Staff With Late Payment (Memo) by djflexcy: 5:48pm On Nov 27, 2021
This one na company from hell.
Been your own boss is much more better than this rules and regulations melted on job seeker
E go better

6 Likes

Re: Company Punishes Protesting Staff With Late Payment (Memo) by DjHypno(m): 5:49pm On Nov 27, 2021
Ok
Re: Company Punishes Protesting Staff With Late Payment (Memo) by gistray: 5:49pm On Nov 27, 2021
Christmas sacrifice needs to be done
Re: Company Punishes Protesting Staff With Late Payment (Memo) by cankerworm: 5:52pm On Nov 27, 2021
cheesy
Re: Company Punishes Protesting Staff With Late Payment (Memo) by bigdammyj: 5:52pm On Nov 27, 2021
Too bad
Re: Company Punishes Protesting Staff With Late Payment (Memo) by DarkPheonix: 5:52pm On Nov 27, 2021
F
Re: Company Punishes Protesting Staff With Late Payment (Memo) by sureboykris(m): 5:52pm On Nov 27, 2021
Hmmm... Bad a$$ HR
Re: Company Punishes Protesting Staff With Late Payment (Memo) by Pidginwhisper: 5:52pm On Nov 27, 2021
Who get am
Re: Company Punishes Protesting Staff With Late Payment (Memo) by kerry57: 5:52pm On Nov 27, 2021
Nigerian companies don't give a shit about safety simply because the govt don't care about the citizens and hence the corrupt and ineffective nature of our regulatory agencies.
More that 95% of our companies work with extremely poor safety standards.
Visit Chinese, indian, Korean, Lebanese and Nigerian companies, u will see death steering at you and u will be hearing ur superior screaming at u to work with the death. Unsafe acts and conditions is always the order of the day in our companies. I will always respect American and some european companies.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Company Punishes Protesting Staff With Late Payment (Memo) by BUSHHUNTER: 5:53pm On Nov 27, 2021
No safety kits at all. We have a lot of them in Lagos

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Company Punishes Protesting Staff With Late Payment (Memo) by christejames(m): 5:53pm On Nov 27, 2021
I would have said you should copy and forward this to Public Complaints Commission but this administration itself is not treating her citizens well...

Make we petition God sha.

1 Like

Re: Company Punishes Protesting Staff With Late Payment (Memo) by Legend44(m): 5:53pm On Nov 27, 2021
Hm
Re: Company Punishes Protesting Staff With Late Payment (Memo) by BruncleZuma: 5:53pm On Nov 27, 2021
grin grin grin grin

So I looked this company up, it's owned by...and I'm not in anyway condoning bigotry...a gentleman with the name of Kolawole Kamoru and it's based in Ibadan. If it'd been located in Lagos, I for give you info on how to waka.

He should raise the issue with the Ministry of Labour and Employment. I couldn't navigate their website...wallahi Nigeria nah cruise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Company Punishes Protesting Staff With Late Payment (Memo) by Rexymania(m): 5:53pm On Nov 27, 2021
embarassed

May God just help person, companies like this one should be avoided at all cost
Re: Company Punishes Protesting Staff With Late Payment (Memo) by temitope27(m): 5:53pm On Nov 27, 2021
K
Re: Company Punishes Protesting Staff With Late Payment (Memo) by temitope27(m): 5:54pm On Nov 27, 2021
FutureIsFemale:
I can't dictate the gender of the manager with this cruel treatment.
probably a female

3 Likes

Re: Company Punishes Protesting Staff With Late Payment (Memo) by Dorcmass(m): 5:55pm On Nov 27, 2021
God no go shame us as the month is going to an end
Re: Company Punishes Protesting Staff With Late Payment (Memo) by Torosk1(m): 5:55pm On Nov 27, 2021
Nothing is working in this country
Normal Normal them suppose ban this company

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Company Punishes Protesting Staff With Late Payment (Memo) by ssogundele(m): 5:56pm On Nov 27, 2021
It’s getting there gradually when companies with bad human records will find it difficult to get good staff. And those that they manage to get will plunder it asunder. Mark it today!

1 Like

Re: Company Punishes Protesting Staff With Late Payment (Memo) by toprealman: 5:57pm On Nov 27, 2021
HARKsmart:
I got the news from a friend who said that his company directors show no concern for safety.
One of the Engineers got his hand amputated in an industrial accident, while another fell from 3 storey building while on duty because no safety measure was in place.

The staff protested, however, they were punished by not paying the staff on time deciding to pay half in the following month and the remaining half more than a week later.

Now, they heard staffs won't be coming during December, so they decided to make this announcement.

Where is the location please. You can also drop their address.
Re: Company Punishes Protesting Staff With Late Payment (Memo) by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 27, 2021
Now I understand why people are hustling to get government jobs.
Re: Company Punishes Protesting Staff With Late Payment (Memo) by Fryzi(m): 6:00pm On Nov 27, 2021
When you own a company you feel like you're God. You maltreat staff & make them lick your ass. It's the same as landlords/landladies.

2 Likes

Re: Company Punishes Protesting Staff With Late Payment (Memo) by Baawaa(m): 6:00pm On Nov 27, 2021
Our system is porous, NLC suppose to handle this
Re: Company Punishes Protesting Staff With Late Payment (Memo) by holyDaniel: 6:03pm On Nov 27, 2021
sad
Re: Company Punishes Protesting Staff With Late Payment (Memo) by Frank150: 6:03pm On Nov 27, 2021
India company spotted.... Known for enslaving workers
Re: Company Punishes Protesting Staff With Late Payment (Memo) by EgunMogaji2: 6:06pm On Nov 27, 2021
HARKsmart:

Working conditions: An option is to terminate employment if workplace hazards are not addressed.

Letter: I don’t see anything wrong with the letter.

1 Like

Re: Company Punishes Protesting Staff With Late Payment (Memo) by sudeba(m): 6:12pm On Nov 27, 2021
We are at the mercy of employers. Nothing like having your own business. Nothing still works under this govt.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ask Me Any Question About Career In Dubai / Popular Lagos Traffic Warden Jumps On The Bonnet Of An Offender, Today, In Yaba / What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.