Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,104 members, 7,849,439 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:39 PM

Omicron: Countries That Have Banned South Africa Over New Covid Variant (List) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Omicron: Countries That Have Banned South Africa Over New Covid Variant (List) (35198 Views)

Omicron Variant: Canada Adds Nigeria, Egypt, Malawi To Travel Ban List / Omicron COVID: Indonesia Bans Arrivals From Nigeria, 7 Others As Variant Spreads / Africa Countries That Started And Completed Their Rail Mass Transit After Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omicron: Countries That Have Banned South Africa Over New Covid Variant (List) by TMKsouth: 2:53pm On Nov 27, 2021
Richy4:

You are not far from the truth... Assuming it was US that dictated this first, it wouldn't have been like that.. it would have been treated with a kid gloves... I guess they wanted to announce it first to show the world that they got laboratory and scientists that were using the lab..

This was announced to protect South Africans first - the people those labs were set up for, dummy. Use your empty brain sometime - I guess that's why u don't have competent labs in that nation formally known as COWgeria in the shitgbo language.
Re: Omicron: Countries That Have Banned South Africa Over New Covid Variant (List) by panpan(m): 2:58pm On Nov 27, 2021
Timekeeper:
Naija where are you?

On a serious note, I am yet to be vaccinated..

How do I go abt this without paying a dime?

These "variants", whether real or fabricated, came up after the covid "vaccines" were commenced.

On a serious note, if you are yet to be vaccinated, it would be better to err on the side of caution, by refusing to take the covid "vaccine".
Re: Omicron: Countries That Have Banned South Africa Over New Covid Variant (List) by TMKsouth: 3:01pm On Nov 27, 2021
IronGalaxy:
The price you pay for being transparent

We did it for ourselves dude, our govt will never allow a potentially deadly virus roam around without letting the citizens know. That's why we have these facilities to begin with - to protect SA first and foremost.

1 Like

Re: Omicron: Countries That Have Banned South Africa Over New Covid Variant (List) by TMKsouth: 3:11pm On Nov 27, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Lol, And this is coming from a Nigerian right? Nigeria of all countries? Lemme reseve my comments cool

Coz you'll be the one who gets banned. They're very quick to run to Mommy Moderator for protection against SA even when they're the instigators.

1 Like

Re: Omicron: Countries That Have Banned South Africa Over New Covid Variant (List) by TMKsouth: 3:16pm On Nov 27, 2021
AutoC:

Honestly, the Nigerian situation baffles me ...South Africa had one of the worst lockdoen ever, but the thing killed more than even HIV in many years in SA

The moniker jaxxy said yesterday it's because Nigeria was vigorous, even more than the strict China lockdowns grin He says Nigeria is the global leader in the covid fight and vigilance, and he's willing to send Nigerian experts to SA to share lessons.

1 Like

Re: Omicron: Countries That Have Banned South Africa Over New Covid Variant (List) by panpan(m): 3:16pm On Nov 27, 2021
Originalsly:
Viruses mutate all the time. Listen carefully.... said other mutations were of even more concern ... lasted for around two weeks but caused no infection. What does that tell us?.... isn't it that our immune system neutralized it? So why the fuss about this other variant of concern? Why attach a name to this particular one? Is it because this one will be the chosen one to justify a new round of vaccines and protocols? Nigerians have been ignoring all COVID-19 protocols..... and are unvaccinated. Aren't we supposed to be one of the most affected nations? Why are we one of the least? We should continue to do what we are doing..... nothing.

You're right. Doing nothing has been a far better "response", and has led to a much better outcome.

1 Like

Re: Omicron: Countries That Have Banned South Africa Over New Covid Variant (List) by piagetskinner(m): 3:16pm On Nov 27, 2021
There’s a plot here.
I guess this has always been the plan for big pharma to cash out.

When the world is relaxing from covid another useless variant shows up.

Seems this virus no go end be that.
Nonsense and ingredients.
Re: Omicron: Countries That Have Banned South Africa Over New Covid Variant (List) by TMKsouth: 3:25pm On Nov 27, 2021
JaceBlaze:
So I guess this is not xenophobic and racist since old Biden's administration is the one placing this ban but when Trump.....

Trump was less diplomatic about it grin Biden said he's in talks with SA. This move is more political than scientific (politicians wanna be reelected) - but indeed racist because Israel and Belgium are not banned despite having 40,000 people in their stadiums every weekend and no mask policy. But then again they have much higher vaccination rates, even though they hoarded the vaccines while SA was warning them against Vaccine Apartheid and it's potential to cause deadly variants in Africa.

And now that's exactly what has happened - we've come full circle and the vaccines they hoarded possibly won't protect them against Omicron. Whites are really dumb - only Nigerians worship them.

3 Likes

Re: Omicron: Countries That Have Banned South Africa Over New Covid Variant (List) by jaxxy(m): 3:35pm On Nov 27, 2021
TMKsouth:

The moniker jaxxy said yesterday it's because Nigeria was vigorous even more than the strict China lockdowns grin He says Nigeria is the global leader in the covid fight and vigilance, and he's willing to send Nigerian experts to SA to share lessons.

We did awhole lot wether u like it or not. Our covid repose was accurate. If South Africa had one of the worst lockdowns why are they still having covid19 issues obviously Smtn wasn’t done right. Period.

We don’t have covid19 issues and the evidence is there for all to see. We contained it.

There is no argument about this anywhere. Facts don’t lie. undecided
Re: Omicron: Countries That Have Banned South Africa Over New Covid Variant (List) by AutoC: 3:38pm On Nov 27, 2021
Originalsly:

Israel had taken all steps ... the highest double (fully) vaccinated country .... wayyy over any "herd immunity" number ... but yet became the country with the highest "second wave" infections. If you can't figure out what's going on in SA how will you figure out Israel? The pandemic is a scam .... look at it from that perspective then everything will make sense.

It's because vaccinated people are also allegedly infested with the vaccine but a docile one on their body..however they can still infect u who is not vaccinated...that sounds logical but not scientifically proven
Re: Omicron: Countries That Have Banned South Africa Over New Covid Variant (List) by TMKsouth: 3:42pm On Nov 27, 2021
adaoshi:
When HIV came to Africa, SA was No.1
Now Covid-19 has made SA the headquarters in Africa.

I'm suspecting the gods are angry with them for their hate against fellow africans

How bout ebola and Boko Haram undecided

1 Like

Re: Omicron: Countries That Have Banned South Africa Over New Covid Variant (List) by WoundedLamb: 3:43pm On Nov 27, 2021
TMKsouth:
Following the discovery of a new, highly mutated Covid-19 variant, B.1.1.529, international travel bans are being imposed on South Africa.

News of the variant - now named Omicron by the World Health Organisation - which has now been detected in Belgium, Botswana, Hong Kong, Israel and South Africa, has rattled the prospect of international travel.

You missed Canada
Re: Omicron: Countries That Have Banned South Africa Over New Covid Variant (List) by TMKsouth: 3:49pm On Nov 27, 2021
fergie001:

61 actually from 2 flights...suspected cases in Germany and now in Czech Rep.. ( a traveller from Egypt who resided in Namibia, and flew via South Africa & Dubai).

These bans are gonna wreck the SA economy at a time we were beginning to see a ray of light. It's peak tourism season and no one's coming embarassed

1 Like

Re: Omicron: Countries That Have Banned South Africa Over New Covid Variant (List) by Originalsly: 3:57pm On Nov 27, 2021
AutoC:

It's because vaccinated people are also allegedly infested with the vaccine but a docile one on their body..however they can still infect u who is not vaccinated...that sounds logical but not scientifically proven

If you can contract a virus it means you can spread it. Vaccinated persons have been contracting the virus therefore they have been spreading it. That has been scientifically proven ... the reason for mask mandate for all ... vaccinated or not.
Re: Omicron: Countries That Have Banned South Africa Over New Covid Variant (List) by TMKsouth: 3:57pm On Nov 27, 2021
jaxxy:

[b]We did awhole lot wether u like it or not. Our covid repose was accurate. [/b]If South Africa had one of the worst lockdowns why are they still having covid19 issues obviously Smtn wasn’t done right. Period.

We don’t have covid19 issues and the evidence is there for all to see. We contained it.

There is no argument about this anywhere. Facts don’t lie. undecided

No one on this thread has said what you're saying - 5 pages in. Instead they say Nigeria's best policy was to do nothing, that the policy has worked and that u should continue on that path of folded arms.

1 Like

Re: Omicron: Countries That Have Banned South Africa Over New Covid Variant (List) by TMKsouth: 4:00pm On Nov 27, 2021
WoundedLamb:

You missed Canada

I posted at 10:30 last night and more countries have since announced their own travel restrictions. I can't edit it now coz it's locked after hitting frontpage.
Re: Omicron: Countries That Have Banned South Africa Over New Covid Variant (List) by Richy4(m): 4:01pm On Nov 27, 2021
TMKsouth:

This was announced to protect South Africans first - the people those labs were set up for, dummy. Use your empty brain sometime - I guess that's why u don't have competent labs in that nation formally known as COWgeria in the shitgbo language.

I can't stoop to your level... Insults was never my thing.. Assuming u were raised properly, u would have known that it was not proper..

If the announcement was to save your people as u claimed, why were your citizens wailing that the UK took a quick decision on your nation?

Your country Said that they dictated something that they cannot control in your country,... Smart countries told their citizens to stay away so that u won't give them what u got, now u are crying and asking Why they were asking their citizens to stay away from U?..

2 Likes

Re: Omicron: Countries That Have Banned South Africa Over New Covid Variant (List) by fergie001: 4:02pm On Nov 27, 2021
TMKsouth:
These bans are gonna wreck the SA economy at a time we were beginning to see a ray of light. It's peak tourism season and no one's coming embarassed
Prandor complained days ago on a live TV programme like that.....

Well, it's no one's fault but I hail SA for been transparent about Omicron.

1 Like

Re: Omicron: Countries That Have Banned South Africa Over New Covid Variant (List) by TMKsouth: 4:11pm On Nov 27, 2021
Richy4:

I can't stoop to your level... Insults was never my thing.. Assuming u were raised properly, u would have known that it was not proper..

If the announcement was to save your people as u claimed, why were your citizens wailing that the UK took a quick decision on your nation?

Your country Said that they dictated something that they cannot control in your country,... Smart countries told their citizens to stay away so that u won't give them what u got, now u are crying and asking Why they were asking their citizens to stay away from U?..

U don't think all your prior posts were insulting

What the hell are u on about in the bolded paragraph? We announced this to save our people, yes - our complaint against the UK is also to save the livelihoods of our people in the tourism industry. The UK acted prematurely - there's no evidence this variant is more deadly. Tourists come to SA knowing exactly that covid exists here and back home too, and hence take precautions.

Show me where SA said they "detected something they cannot control". Nigerian fake news is everywhere just like MTN, i swear grin

1 Like

Re: Omicron: Countries That Have Banned South Africa Over New Covid Variant (List) by Dja1(m): 4:11pm On Nov 27, 2021
FG will not shut port now oO until wen dey wan collect another loans in d name of Covid
Re: Omicron: Countries That Have Banned South Africa Over New Covid Variant (List) by TMKsouth: 4:14pm On Nov 27, 2021
fergie001:

Prandor complained days ago on a live TV programme like that.....

Well, it's no one's fault but I hail SA for been transparent about Omicron.

No other country is gonna disclose after this reaction against Southern Africa - especially developing countries. The tricky bit is u expose your own citizens to danger of u don't report though.
Re: Omicron: Countries That Have Banned South Africa Over New Covid Variant (List) by JaceBlaze: 4:19pm On Nov 27, 2021
TMKsouth:

Trump was less diplomatic about it grin Biden said he's in talks with SA. This move is more political than scientific (politicians wanna be reelected) - but indeed racist because Israel and Belgium are not banned despite having 40,000 people in their stadiums every weekend and no mask policy. But then again they have much higher vaccination rates, even though they hoarded the vaccines while SA was warning them against Vaccine Apartheid and it's potential to cause deadly variants in Africa.

And now that's exactly what has happened - we've come full circle and the vaccines they hoarded possibly won't protect them against Omicron. Whites are really dumb - only Nigerians worship them.

Yeah I feel like this Corona thing is used as an excuse to stop Africans from entering the West.They have been complaining so long about the migrant crisis.

1 Like

Re: Omicron: Countries That Have Banned South Africa Over New Covid Variant (List) by BlackfireX: 4:24pm On Nov 27, 2021
TMKsouth:

Less foreigners so we're very happy - thanx for asking WhackLiarXtreme cheesy

Does the virus comes with xenophobic symptoms.?? Because it seems you are infected.
grin
Re: Omicron: Countries That Have Banned South Africa Over New Covid Variant (List) by jaxxy(m): 4:26pm On Nov 27, 2021
TMKsouth:

No one on this thread has said what you're saying - 5 pages in. Instead they say Nigeria's best policy was to do nothing, that the policy has worked and that u should continue on that path of folded arms.

Well they are the ignorant and in denial bunch. Many Nigerians here still think covid19 is a scam bt the government definitely did their job and that saved us from impending danger.

All of them know we had a gruesome lockdown and many precautions were enforced. They may not admit it cos they don’t even believe covid exists in Nigeria.
Re: Omicron: Countries That Have Banned South Africa Over New Covid Variant (List) by merits(m): 5:11pm On Nov 27, 2021
Pierocash:
Ncdc in Nigeria are preparing to dish out their own lies any moment from now.

They will announce to Nigerians how the new variant came in via a Zimbabwean onboard Aero contractor. Then boom, 1000 Covid -19 cases ,5 death ,and 0 survivor.

Y.eye people
Copy and paste corporate affairs NCDC.
Re: Omicron: Countries That Have Banned South Africa Over New Covid Variant (List) by Transcriber: 5:26pm On Nov 27, 2021
jaxxy:

Well they are the ignorant and in denial bunch. Many Nigerians here still think covid19 is a scam bt the government definitely did their job and that saved us from impending danger.

All of them know we had a gruesome lockdown and many precautions were enforced. They may not admit it cos they don’t even believe covid exists in Nigeria.
keep decieving yourself
This government did what? grin
Abeg no make me laugh to stupor cheesy

1 Like

Re: Omicron: Countries That Have Banned South Africa Over New Covid Variant (List) by Bifwoli: 5:31pm On Nov 27, 2021
AllKnowing:

You want to block Alhaji’s supply of heavy duty waists?
Why are you wishing ill on innocent Nigerians? Dying of Covid is horrible suffering.
Re: Omicron: Countries That Have Banned South Africa Over New Covid Variant (List) by jaxxy(m): 5:52pm On Nov 27, 2021
Transcriber:
keep decieving yourself
This government did what? grin
Abeg no make me laugh to stupor cheesy

If they stood by and allow things to go unchecked u won’t be here typing shit on NL. I’m 70% sure of that.

Some of us close to medical practitioners know the extent of measures taken bt Nigerian citizens are the most unserious until they see disaster itself giving them a French kiss. undecided

Billions was spent on covid services even those a lot was looted.
Re: Omicron: Countries That Have Banned South Africa Over New Covid Variant (List) by Transcriber: 5:53pm On Nov 27, 2021
jaxxy:

If they stood by and allow things to go unchecked u won’t be here typing shit on NL. I’m 70% sure of that.

Some of us close to medical practitioners know the extent of measures taken bt Nigerian citizens are the most unserious until they see disaster itself giving them a French kiss.
dey whine yourself
Re: Omicron: Countries That Have Banned South Africa Over New Covid Variant (List) by jaxxy(m): 5:54pm On Nov 27, 2021
Transcriber:
dey whine yourself

Ure free to think what u like. I know what I know.
Re: Omicron: Countries That Have Banned South Africa Over New Covid Variant (List) by Hkff: 6:01pm On Nov 27, 2021
Oh
Re: Omicron: Countries That Have Banned South Africa Over New Covid Variant (List) by TMKsouth: 6:20pm On Nov 27, 2021
JaceBlaze:

Yeah I feel like this Corona thing is used as an excuse to stop Africans from entering the West.They have been complaining so long about the migrant crisis.

Then Southern Africa is the wrong region of the continent to target in that regard - we have the least number of illegal migrants.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers / Busiest International Airports In The World. / Inter State Movement May Resume June 21 - Bashir Ahmad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.