Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? (15036 Views)

How Student Doctor Caused Woman's Death During Childbirth In Edo (Photos) / Tokophobia (fear Of Childbirth) – An Overview / How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by ayandee: 12:23am On Nov 29, 2021
I fear prégnancy even though i have 3 kids now. Once i see a prégnant woman, i always have empathy. When i had my second child, the woman next to my bed died some hours after delivery. None of us in that ward could sleep that night. For that moment, we forgot the pains from our c-section scars. It was a horrible sight.

I pray for all prégnant women, you will deliver safely without complications.

14 Likes

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by toujurs: 1:16am On Nov 29, 2021
Biglittlelois:
God help us, labour day is truly life or death situation, the fear I have for it ehn, to watch YouTube videos of pregnant women on labour is a big no no for me, never embarassed
There is nothing there to be scared of, you no longer a baby na undecided
Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by skyplustk(f): 1:35am On Nov 29, 2021
This happen during my second pregnancy I was always dreaming that I died during delivery, d pregnancy was eventful I became sick and tired from time to time, my husband and my first daughter were admitted in d hospital too at a point I said who even sent me to get pregnant again. So many prophecy came out too and even someone told my mom to do redemption for her pregnant daughter. On the 14th October I was sitting in my shop when I started feeling this strong contractions I called my husband and a dear sister I met on nairaland here and they both concluded that I should go to the hospital on getting there I was checked and I was told I was 4 cm dilated I was happy that at least this delivery will be very fast not knowing that that was the beginning of my problem I felt this contractions till 12 midnight till it stopped and the doctor said I will be induced the following morning. I was induced very early in d morning yet nothing happened so they suggested caesarian but I said no my husband agreed but I was adamant the doctor said I was proving stubborn that they have tried all their best I just called my husband that am going to d general hospital he was very annoyed that was when I told him I had series of dream and vision that I will die during delivery that if I might not make it alive if I give birth through ceaserian so he just went to the doctor that he should discharge me that we are going to church and that we will come back later in the evening on getting to the general hospital we were told that I was unbooked but they will admit me we were asked to go and pay and get some things as the private hospital I used didn't release anything for us. I was monitored till the following morning and I was induced on Saturday morning around 5am in the morning and I delivered 8: 41 am in the morning as well. After delivery I was seriously bleeding due to fibroid that my husband was asked to go and buy one injection though very expensive but it stopped d bleeding. If I had done the CS I might have died because this same thing happened to someone I know she delivered d child via C's and she started bleeding she was referred to a general hospital she died before they got to the hospital.
If you are going through this at the moment please pray and confide in people you trustto pray along with you and always follow your instincts. My angel is six weeks now

14 Likes

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by stevups(m): 2:03am On Nov 29, 2021
That night, around 10 pm. My wife said she perceived maybe we would not sleep. I tot it was a joke. I had bought fuel but I did not pour it inside the car for almost a month. I just went to sleep. She came to meet me inside the room. Then the real rigorous exercise began. After 24 hours that boy came. In fact, if you are a real human being, you must pity your wife. I had my phone with me I couldn't snap. Women are to be respected!!

13 Likes

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by stevups(m): 2:13am On Nov 29, 2021
Please always register in a very good hospital, don't mind the distance. I saved the money I spent on that day from the money I got during my wedding.

7 Likes

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by Chinny024(f): 2:59am On Nov 29, 2021
Jabar2017:
Guys shower me prayers,my wife is pregnant nd she is just some month to go before she deliver help a brother with prayer here.... thanks...

She will deliver safely just like Hebrew women in Jesus name...
Labour room,doctors and nurses will be by her side round the clock till she delivers...No need to panic..
Make sure she delivers in a good hospital,teaching hospital preferably...No one prays for complications but should in case one arises, teaching hospital will be of outmost help unlike maternity.
Thanks.
You shall come back to spray us powder on Head for safe delivery..

4 Likes

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by addicted268(f): 4:58am On Nov 29, 2021
I was never scared during my pregnancy. The concern was from my doctors n my husband cos my blood pressure was over the roof all through the period but i was very optimistic. I googled everything i could about pregnancy but i never looked up the delivery process itself( be it cs or normal delivery) cos i know i ll find something to be worried n scared about.

My husband and my mum were so scared that i had to lie to them that i was going to deliver on Thursday whereas it was 2days earlier. the pleasant surprise on his face when he saw the baby was everything i had hoped it would be. He kept saying thank you, thank you cheesy

11 Likes

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by cococandy(f): 5:09am On Nov 29, 2021
I experienced it and that’s why I’m never doing it again.
I literally sobbed so much. Said goodbye to my family just in case and was always so anxious about it.
I’m done. Done!!

7 Likes

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by jaxxy(m): 5:37am On Nov 29, 2021
Fear and anxiety on a new experience in relatively normal especially if risks can go from low to high, pregnancy is perhaps one of them bt like every other thing it’s all about having proper knowledge and having experienced and attentive hands working with u or attending to u. Every other thing and decision making becomes easy, smooth and controlled.
Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by Oblongata: 5:38am On Nov 29, 2021
Joydan95:
When I was pregnant, I used to have terrible dreams. My mum had terrible dreams too and would call me to always pray, she gave me psalms to always read too. I was always going to church so one day on my way back from church, one woman at my junction told me that “God “ revealed something bad to her that I should follow her to a church to pray and I stood there transfixed thinking of the best reply to give to her. I rejected everything and proclaimed positive thing concerning my pregnancy and delivery. I didn’t allow what she said bother me, I told my husband and him being a positive person told me that I should just imagine myself holding my baby. The Saturday prior to the week when I gave birth, I went to clean the church and the pastor saw me when I was about leaving he said he felt the need to pray for me. He said he saw a barrier on my delivery day but God will give me victory. I just answered amen. I didn’t even think about it.
On the day of my delivery, labour started at 6. am and I got to the hospital. Labour was progressing until my baby’s heartbeat started running and I was booked for emergency CS, reality dawn on me and I was scared of dying in the process but I recited everything Bishop said during Shiloh 2020 together with the declarations our state pastor usually say for pregnant women that “ my delivery is going to be safe, smooth, sound and successful “ those were the words I repeated while tears were running down. I felt peace and the moment I heard the doctor say he has brought out my baby with his amniotic sac intact, I was still anxious but as soon as I heard my baby crying I started saying “thank you Jesus” till I was stitched up. They took the baby to my husband outside the theatre and after he held the baby, he passed him to my mum and forcefully entered the theatre to check up on me. grin. He kissed me and was chased away. Lol

N/B: Pregnancy/ delivery needs a lot of positivity and good vibe. Pray , watch movies, read your Bible, go out if you can but just make sure you do not give in to any negative thoughts cos the devil will jump on it. When you think of something consistently with the same energy, the universe will bring in events that will make it come to manifestation.

I pray for a safe delivery for every pregnant woman. Men support your wives o,e no easy. Sorry for my the long post, it is because of people like me they tell testifiers to share their testimonies in 30 seconds lipsrsealed
May you be blessed for this wonderful piece! Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by Bbqekpa: 6:28am On Nov 29, 2021
AdaSunshine:
Fear of death during delivery was the cause of death of one of my cousins.
She had a healthy pregnancy, no complications whatsoever, until the day of labour.
She kept crying all through, and her mother that was supposed to encourage her kept crying with her.

We patiently waited for the “good news” for what seemed like forever, until evening when they called us...
We were already jubilating, thinking she had finally given birth, only to be told she died with the pregnancy. sad

Why are people liking this post? Sometimes I fear nairalanders.

So sad to hear about your loss dear. This is why my wife & I just opted for CS from the onset.
Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by petitejolie(f): 6:30am On Nov 29, 2021
Hmmmn pregnancy.... Don't know if oga will allow us opt for surrogacy. As for all pregnant wives and member's wives u will all deliver safely with mother and child alive in Jesus name amen.

8 Likes

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by DFERENCE: 6:30am On Nov 29, 2021
isaiah4life:
This term came into the medical literature in the year 2000 and not well known to so many medical practitioners. Some people feel when a woman feel such, she's possessed.

When she's tocophobic, she shouldn't be ostracized and left under the whimps and caprices of societal bashing. Instead, we should suggest alternative ways of her getting a child like adoption.
the year isn't correct, another fact is that most women don't open up about, hence there show no interest in sexual intercourse, compulsive use of contraceptives and using life activities like school or work as an excuse for no pregnancy, i can share you my research on tokophobia if you wish to read, and TOKOPHOBIA is general fear of pregnancy/childbirth not neccessarily DEATH, others feel it may take away their shape as result of weight gain, others may commit them to marriage, while others may feel it may impact their career as they wil have to spend time taking care of the child.

2 Likes

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by nosagold(m): 6:58am On Nov 29, 2021
maureensylvia:
I was going through my pictures and stumbled on my preggy picture and smiled...remembering the reason behind the picture.

During my pregnancy days, especially my first pregnancy, I was so scared of childbirth... The thought of pushing out a baby scares me a lot ... I know what must be going through some of your minds lol.

So one day after church service, I called a camera man to snap me. I was 6 months pregnant then, to the camera man; I'm taking a normal picture. To me I'm taking my last and probably an appropriate picture for my OBITUARY.

sounds weird right? cheesy
Oh yes pregnancy can bring lots of weird thoughts... I checked on online and found out it's actually a phobia called TOKOPHOBIA

By faith, Sarah received strength to conceive when she was past age, because she judged Him faithful who had promised.

3 Likes

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by isaiah4life(m): 7:22am On Nov 29, 2021
DFERENCE:
the year isn't correct, another fact is that most women don't open up about, hence there show no interest in sexual intercourse, compulsive use of contraceptives and using life activities like school or work as an excuse for no pregnancy, i can share you my research on tokophobia if you wish to read, and TOKOPHOBIA is general fear of pregnancy/childbirth not neccessarily DEATH, others feel it may take away their shape as result of weight gain, others may commit them to marriage, while others may feel it may impact their career as they wil have to spend time taking care of the child.

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by DFERENCE: 7:59am On Nov 29, 2021
[quote author=isaiah4life post=108049054][/quote] "knauer 1897 tokophobia" read, just search 4 now later i will attach my research will i go to the office. And wikipedia is a free to edit page, always go to research link or reference and read
Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by Crafteck1: 8:12am On Nov 29, 2021
Stigma that nigerian community bring is one of the causes, they made the average person pray and stand vehemently against surgery.
Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by Darkmode64: 8:33am On Nov 29, 2021
Oblongata:
That year ehn, my wife gave me so much wahala! I became a pastor, a father, motivational speaker, etc! She was super scared and said things like ‘if I die, let my child know that I love him’. I nearly blamed myself for impregnating her. Few days to Edd, see prayers! I just kuku opt out for cs jeje! Because her fear fear been dey fear me sef and I didn’t want to lose anybody. Thank God for his mercies! That’s more than a decade ago!We even had 2 more later on. Thank you God!

If you are in that situation now, please don’t be scared! Just know you will come out of the labor room alive and well along with your child! It is well!
I laughed so hard this early. Omo na wa oo
Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by Darkmode64: 8:35am On Nov 29, 2021
AdaSunshine:
She had a healthy pregnancy, no complications whatsoever, until the day of labour.
She kept crying all through, and her mother that was supposed to encourage her kept crying with her.

We patiently waited for the “good news” for what seemed like forever, until evening when they called us...
We were already jubilating, thinking she had finally given birth, only to be told she died with the pregnancy. sad
I was incredibly touched by this. So sorry for your loss.
Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by isaiah4life(m): 8:42am On Nov 29, 2021
Okay, sir. But with all due respect sir. I also did an extensive research on it. It was my project. I had A in it and was acknowledged by my professors. I know what I am telling you. I also used research link. I would love to share my research with you if you want.

I am currently hoping to obtain research grant to undertake another research on "THE EMPIRICISM OF CHILD BIRTH AND PSYCHOPROPHYLAXIS."

All the same, may God bless your going out and coming in today. Do have a blessed day ahead, sir. God bless you.

DFERENCE:
"knauer 1897 tokophobia" read, just search 4 now later i will attach my research will i go to the office. And wikipedia is a free to edit page, always go to research link or reference and read

2 Likes

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by Nickyblithe: 10:21am On Nov 29, 2021
kennethfranc:
This same issue is what I believe mumsy is going through now as I occasionally see her in deep thoughtful mood. cry cry
I pray for safe delivery mum sad

She will give birth like the Hebrew women. Just believe and pray for her

2 Likes

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by ebunchi(f): 12:29pm On Nov 29, 2021
I had my baby girl 4 months ago , As a first time mom i was so scared but thank God everything went well.

I joined the mountain of fire pregnant women prayer meeting and it really encouraged me to be strong and not to be afraid,

2 Likes

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by Joydan95: 3:18pm On Nov 29, 2021
Oblongata:
May you be blessed for this wonderful piece! Thank you.
You are welcome
Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by ezebunafo(m): 7:17pm On Nov 29, 2021
She was what yorubas call emere
AdaSunshine:

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by Joydan95: 8:37pm On Nov 29, 2021
1F30M4:
Always the first cos you've only heard and maybe watched some videos but never been there before. Mine was really crazy, having dreams where family members shook my lifeless body, crying in the hospital ward. For someone who has been hypertensive from a very young age, the nurses kept telling me not to play with my routine drugs cos Eclampsia or Preeclampsia. Those two words scared the sh*t out of me ngl and there was acute Malaria (++), I hate injections so much but I had to take 'em cos it was gonna have a negative effect on my lil bun in the oven.

When I went into labour, my blood pressure shot up to 200+, I was given a glass of water to quickly swallow some pills just to beat it down a bit but no way, the doctor and the nurses were so scared for me cos at a point I just laid still, they tapped me and asked if I was still there(under my breath, I called on my Jesus to take the wheel). In the end, God did it and I pushed out my bouncing baby(who was already tired btw).

Praying for all the pregnant women all over the world that they will deliver safely in healthy condition without any complications. They & their families will have cause to sing praises unto the Lord & glorify His holy name now and forever, Amen.
Hmmmn.... thank God

2 Likes

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by DonroxyII: 3:11pm On Jan 13, 2022
AdaSunshine:

Kai, When the Brain enters deep state of Emotions, She closes Up! Almighty God should help us in conquering Fear and Remain Respectful.
Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Feb 08, 2022
KristaPretty:
I actually have severe tokophobia, that's why I'm running from the marriage thing entirely, until I overcome this fear.

I may consider gestational surrogacy instead, God willing I get an understanding partner.

This child birth thing, I cannot can. Sometimes I wish I was a man and don't have to go through the women Wahala. lipsrsealed
Will that not be worse? Imagine being cut and carrying a scar for life.
Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by shegun4sur: 9:08pm On Feb 22, 2022
maureensylvia:
I was going through my pictures and stumbled on my preggy picture and smiled...remembering the reason behind the picture.

During my pregnancy days, especially my first pregnancy, I was so scared of childbirth... The thought of pushing out a baby scares me a lot ... I know what must be going through some of your minds lol.

So one day after church service, I called a camera man to snap me. I was 6 months pregnant then, to the camera man; I'm taking a normal picture. To me I'm taking my last and probably an appropriate picture for my OBITUARY.

sounds weird right? cheesy
Oh yes pregnancy can bring lots of weird thoughts... I checked on online and found out it's actually a phobia called TOKOPHOBIA

Wow motherhood is serious work

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Toxic Chemicals Pollute Rivers, Threaten Lives, Livelihoods In Oyo Communities / Abortion Leads To Breast Cancer, FACH Warns / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.