Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,646 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Wizkid's Fans Breach Entry Barriers At O2 Arena To Enter Sellout Concert (Video) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid's Fans Breach Entry Barriers At O2 Arena To Enter Sellout Concert (Video) (19245 Views)

Wizkid Brings Chris Brown On Stage At O2 Show (Video) / Kemi Afolabi Withdraws Her Membership From Wizkid Fans Club / Tiwa Savage Hugging A Man Deeply Backstage At O2 Indigo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wizkid's Fans Breach Entry Barriers At O2 Arena To Enter Sellout Concert (Video) by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 29, 2021
Fans rushed security barriers and charged their way into a concert at London’s O2 Arena on Sunday night, in scenes less than a month after the deadly Astroworld crowd crush in the United States.

Mostly young fans were at the former Millennium Dome to see Wizkid, the Nigerian singer and songwriter, as part of his Made In Lagos tour.

The “No Stress” hitmaker is playing three nights at the North Greenwich venue. According to the venue website, the first two dates were sold out and the third was added at a later stage “due to demand”.

In videos shared on social media, a crowd can be seen surging through the main security checkpoint as workers attempt to stop them.
At one point, a metal-detecting arch gives way to the crush and topples over. In another video, a woman appears to push a venue security worker after he grabs another member of the public.

"Watch peeps break into the O2 just to watch Wizzy perform,” one man wrote on Twitter, alongside one of the clips being shared. Meanwhile, a woman with a different video wrote: “I’m so confused. Why are they going on like Wizkid has never performed in London before.”

The situation was eventually “contained” and solved by the arena’s security staff, according to the O2.

“This evening, a breach of the security cordon on the arena entrance occurred and as a result, a number of fans in the queue were able to enter the venue. The situation was quickly contained by staff and the incident resolved,” a spokesperson for the arena told The Independent.
“The venue is reviewing security procedures for the remaining shows this week and advises fans to arrive early for security checks tomorrow night and again on Wednesday.”

It comes just three weeks after 10 people died, and dozens more were injured, on the first night of rapper Travis Scott’s two-day Astroworld festival in Houston, Texas.

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7-aj7z1G1M

Source: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/wizkid-o2-crowd-charge-barrier-b1965759.html?amp

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid's Fans Breach Entry Barriers At O2 Arena To Enter Sellout Concert (Video) by sammybest889(m): 9:19am On Nov 29, 2021
****TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN*****

when u are big u are big..haters will just be running der mouth like a linking tap

both wait oo why my mind de always tell me say na Nigeria people full der...

share palliative una go rush
elections (rallies)... una go rush
to enter dafo...una go rush
to c ur favorite celebrity..una go rush
trends..una go rush to jump on top am
Chelsea never score una go rush 2 shout goal
haba!!!!

c,people wey name Nigeria do mistake...big one 4 DAT matter how wish DAT Lord laugard wife get foresight (na we 4 de bear Russia) bcus DAT name fit us die

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid's Fans Breach Entry Barriers At O2 Arena To Enter Sellout Concert (Video) by vastolord4(m): 11:33am On Nov 29, 2021
This guy no de hustle for imself again na people come they hustle for am.. God just blessed this guy beyond his expectations.. imself no know say im go get this kyn money

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wizkid's Fans Breach Entry Barriers At O2 Arena To Enter Sellout Concert (Video) by Lindajames1010: 1:00pm On Nov 29, 2021
Some people level of success ehhn ......
Sometimes I begin to wonder how did people got to reach this level of success...
People are just living other people's dream that might not even com through

Why do people have all the luck in the world?...... others are suffering yet calamity still remain their portion....

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wizkid's Fans Breach Entry Barriers At O2 Arena To Enter Sellout Concert (Video) by Sabadon(m): 1:01pm On Nov 29, 2021
Osho free

4 Likes

Re: Wizkid's Fans Breach Entry Barriers At O2 Arena To Enter Sellout Concert (Video) by Bamzyriches451: 1:02pm On Nov 29, 2021
Big things

5 Likes

Re: Wizkid's Fans Breach Entry Barriers At O2 Arena To Enter Sellout Concert (Video) by Aidejay(m): 1:02pm On Nov 29, 2021
crazy tinz are happunin!
i dont know how they do it, but me i cannot stand in front of 20,000 people. i go just faint. i am sure wizkid is used to it now.
well congratulations to starboy.
DAY 1 - SUCCESSFUL
DAY 2 & 3 NEXT.

21 Likes

Re: Wizkid's Fans Breach Entry Barriers At O2 Arena To Enter Sellout Concert (Video) by seanwilliam(m): 1:02pm On Nov 29, 2021
Greatness

Check my siggy, you might need my service

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid's Fans Breach Entry Barriers At O2 Arena To Enter Sellout Concert (Video) by PavillionEnergy: 1:02pm On Nov 29, 2021
shocked

The fact still remains that Big Wiz is the biggest music export from Africa.
MIL and Essence shall bring more Grammys to the Machala 1 of Africa.

Cc: Omicron007, Aidejay

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wizkid's Fans Breach Entry Barriers At O2 Arena To Enter Sellout Concert (Video) by Downey(f): 1:03pm On Nov 29, 2021
People of the world Love world...but what am l saying...? Am l in heaven? I can only be heavenly minded fellow.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid's Fans Breach Entry Barriers At O2 Arena To Enter Sellout Concert (Video) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 29, 2021
History has shown that humans never learn. If them go cause stampede now they will blame and sue wizkid

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wizkid's Fans Breach Entry Barriers At O2 Arena To Enter Sellout Concert (Video) by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:03pm On Nov 29, 2021
Big Whiz

7 Likes

Re: Wizkid's Fans Breach Entry Barriers At O2 Arena To Enter Sellout Concert (Video) by adexbols: 1:03pm On Nov 29, 2021
Chai

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid's Fans Breach Entry Barriers At O2 Arena To Enter Sellout Concert (Video) by Hammer2021: 1:03pm On Nov 29, 2021
Big Wiz....Machala of Afrobeats

6 Likes

Re: Wizkid's Fans Breach Entry Barriers At O2 Arena To Enter Sellout Concert (Video) by rayvelez(m): 1:04pm On Nov 29, 2021
Baba nla
Re: Wizkid's Fans Breach Entry Barriers At O2 Arena To Enter Sellout Concert (Video) by Zeel007: 1:04pm On Nov 29, 2021
All I can say about him is that he is divinely graced.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wizkid's Fans Breach Entry Barriers At O2 Arena To Enter Sellout Concert (Video) by Erickymania: 1:04pm On Nov 29, 2021
Whao! I can't expect less from the biggest artist from Africa.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid's Fans Breach Entry Barriers At O2 Arena To Enter Sellout Concert (Video) by mayorofyentown(m): 1:05pm On Nov 29, 2021
yawa
Re: Wizkid's Fans Breach Entry Barriers At O2 Arena To Enter Sellout Concert (Video) by Freestainworld(m): 1:05pm On Nov 29, 2021
This is how God will Rush to bless someone here.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wizkid's Fans Breach Entry Barriers At O2 Arena To Enter Sellout Concert (Video) by Freddd009: 1:05pm On Nov 29, 2021
Another Yahoo boy on colossal madness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRZNtkRPMTc

1 Like

Re: Wizkid's Fans Breach Entry Barriers At O2 Arena To Enter Sellout Concert (Video) by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:05pm On Nov 29, 2021
Whatever Wizkid is using dey strong oooo

Abi no be the same song we dey hear from here

39 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Wizkid's Fans Breach Entry Barriers At O2 Arena To Enter Sellout Concert (Video) by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 29, 2021
Okk
Re: Wizkid's Fans Breach Entry Barriers At O2 Arena To Enter Sellout Concert (Video) by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 29, 2021
Leaforever:

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7-aj7z1G1M

Source: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/wizkid-o2-crowd-charge-barrier-b1965759.html?amp

God don bless the work of his hands already . He doesn't beg for fame . People break protocol just to see him .
May God bless the legal work of your hands if you are reading this . But if na Yahoo you dey do, you are completely on your own.

I sell and distribute android DotPay POS nationwide at 30k. You can reach me on 0.8.0.9.3.7.6.5.7.9.5

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wizkid's Fans Breach Entry Barriers At O2 Arena To Enter Sellout Concert (Video) by Aidejay(m): 1:08pm On Nov 29, 2021
the honest prayer na say make god bless the work of our hands.
make 20k people too patronize me.
been watching many videos from the show, and i must confess im very jealous. i wish i was there live. well, the only thing i can do now is to arrange for the abuja or lagos show i want to be part of the experience. #wizkid03

7 Likes

Re: Wizkid's Fans Breach Entry Barriers At O2 Arena To Enter Sellout Concert (Video) by Werjor: 1:09pm On Nov 29, 2021
Re: Wizkid's Fans Breach Entry Barriers At O2 Arena To Enter Sellout Concert (Video) by Mhychael: 1:12pm On Nov 29, 2021
I see people bringing Davido into this topic
Re: Wizkid's Fans Breach Entry Barriers At O2 Arena To Enter Sellout Concert (Video) by Aidejay(m): 1:13pm On Nov 29, 2021
PavillionEnergy:
shocked

The fact still remains that Big Wiz is the biggest music export from Africa.

Cc: Omicron007, Aidejay

charts
awards
shows
endorsement
streams
catalogue
recognition
wizkid get am all.

14 Likes

Re: Wizkid's Fans Breach Entry Barriers At O2 Arena To Enter Sellout Concert (Video) by Analyst7: 1:14pm On Nov 29, 2021
If na vigil now we no whatsup

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do I Really Look Like Mr. Ibu?(photos) / Solid Star Welcomes Baby Boy (Photo) / Dakore Akande Becomes Ambassador For The Eye Bank Of Nigeria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.