Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,990 members, 7,835,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Pastor Nomthi Odukoya's Funeral Rites Begin Today (Photo) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Nomthi Odukoya's Funeral Rites Begin Today (Photo) (27713 Views)

Burial Service Of Pastor Nomthi Odukoya (Photos And Video) / Obituary Poster Of Pastor Nomthi Odukoya (Photo) / Nomthi Rosemary, Pastor Taiwo Odukoya's Wife Dies Of Cancer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Nomthi Odukoya's Funeral Rites Begin Today (Photo) by funmike83(f): 3:18pm On Nov 29, 2021
nlismyhome:

Dangote brother will still be alive
Ajimobi will still be alive
Dora Akunyili will still be alive
Muhammad Buhari will still be alive

it is the last name for me here . is he not alive ni

1 Like

Re: Pastor Nomthi Odukoya's Funeral Rites Begin Today (Photo) by Leverage2021: 3:20pm On Nov 29, 2021
AntiChristian:
But why do Christians waste money at the morgue preserving a dead person that will still be buried?

This money can be used in charity na!

But wetin concern me sef?
why do Muslims bury people even when in coma

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Nomthi Odukoya's Funeral Rites Begin Today (Photo) by izubext007: 3:30pm On Nov 29, 2021
May God grant her eternal rest .
Re: Pastor Nomthi Odukoya's Funeral Rites Begin Today (Photo) by Damzy101(m): 3:32pm On Nov 29, 2021
AntiChristian:
But why do Christians waste money at the morgue preserving a dead person that will still be buried?

This money can be used in charity na!

But wetin concern me sef?

Just as your name implies, there's no point to answer your question.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Nomthi Odukoya's Funeral Rites Begin Today (Photo) by sharone21(f): 3:53pm On Nov 29, 2021
Golan007:
Twice widowed.

The man has been through it.

I wish him the fortitude to bear the loss.

Pastor Taiwo Odukoya doesn't deserve all this deaths....If any Pastor is a father figure, loving husband and good mentor to young men, give it to Pastor Odukoya.

His prayer point in life should be 'Watch and Pray' no matter the level of grace or happiness he attains or plans to attain.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Nomthi Odukoya's Funeral Rites Begin Today (Photo) by Ghostmode2two(m): 3:57pm On Nov 29, 2021
Golan007:
Twice widowed.

The man has been through it.

I wish him the fortitude to bear the loss. Has he lost
Has he lost one before?
Re: Pastor Nomthi Odukoya's Funeral Rites Begin Today (Photo) by Valuc: 4:03pm On Nov 29, 2021
Leverage2021:
Rip ma

Ideally human beings are not animals you just dispose like that

Even the dead ones would be happy with an opportunity for their legacy to be celebrated (service of songs) bringing family and friends together

Preserving corpse for that moment is the reason and no amount of money can equate to such memories
where re u.. u need collect beer from me ..
Re: Pastor Nomthi Odukoya's Funeral Rites Begin Today (Photo) by Golan007: 4:16pm On Nov 29, 2021
Ghostmode2two:
Has he lost one before?

Unfortunately, yes.

First wife died in an airplane accident.
Re: Pastor Nomthi Odukoya's Funeral Rites Begin Today (Photo) by UTILITYMAY(m): 4:17pm On Nov 29, 2021
Ghostmode2two:
Has he lost one before?

Yes! He lost his first wife; Pastor Bimbo Odukoya to Sosoliso plane crash at Port Harcourt in 2005.
Re: Pastor Nomthi Odukoya's Funeral Rites Begin Today (Photo) by Jhondukes10: 4:36pm On Nov 29, 2021
I see what you did here grin
nlismyhome:

Re: Pastor Nomthi Odukoya's Funeral Rites Begin Today (Photo) by Ghostmode2two(m): 4:39pm On Nov 29, 2021
UTILITYMAY:

Yes! He lost his first wife; Pastor Bimbo Odukoya to Sosoliso plane crash at Port Harcourt in 2005.
that's very painful. The man has gone through the Walls. I feel for him

1 Like

Re: Pastor Nomthi Odukoya's Funeral Rites Begin Today (Photo) by Ghostmode2two(m): 4:40pm On Nov 29, 2021
Golan007:

Unfortunately, yes.

First wife died in an airplane accident.
He has gone through very difficult times. I feel for him

1 Like

Re: Pastor Nomthi Odukoya's Funeral Rites Begin Today (Photo) by 24SEVEN: 4:41pm On Nov 29, 2021
nlismyhome:

I don't understand your writeup, is Buhari dead?? cheesy
Re: Pastor Nomthi Odukoya's Funeral Rites Begin Today (Photo) by ademuyiwa20(f): 4:43pm On Nov 29, 2021
Rip

MTN data subscription available for as low as#300/GB. do well to patronize. More details in signature.
Re: Pastor Nomthi Odukoya's Funeral Rites Begin Today (Photo) by Onewazobia(m): 5:01pm On Nov 29, 2021
Leverage2021:
Rip ma

Even the dead ones would be happy with an opportunity for their legacy to be celebrated (service of songs) bringing family and friends together

Preserving corpse for that moment is the reason and no amount of money can equate to such memories

Many Muslims like you e.g Moji Olaiya are now keeping corpes in morgue for lying in state

Whoever desire to do that her/his money but their is nothing Christian about such practices. It is not a sin in Christianity but certainly not a blessing either
Re: Pastor Nomthi Odukoya's Funeral Rites Begin Today (Photo) by Leverage2021: 5:05pm On Nov 29, 2021
[s]
Onewazobia:

Whoever desire to do that her/his money but their is nothing Christian about such practices. It is not a sin in Christianity but certainly not a blessing either
[/s]Jesus body was washed by expensive perfumes by Mary continuously after his death until his resurrection
Re: Pastor Nomthi Odukoya's Funeral Rites Begin Today (Photo) by AntiChristian: 5:25pm On Nov 29, 2021
Damzy101:

Just as your name implies, there's no point to answer your question.

But you responded already!

Was Jesus kept in the mortuary when he died?

Just asking!
Re: Pastor Nomthi Odukoya's Funeral Rites Begin Today (Photo) by AntiChristian: 5:26pm On Nov 29, 2021
Leverage2021:
why do Muslims bury people even when in coma

How do you know the person is in coma?

And how many Muslims have been buried like that close to you?

Abeg no lie o, bring localised and verifiable evidence!
Re: Pastor Nomthi Odukoya's Funeral Rites Begin Today (Photo) by AntiChristian: 5:30pm On Nov 29, 2021
Richy4:

Because there are people who would like to pay their last respect to the dead and the family he/ she left behind who might not be there within the week or period the individual gave up...
The people the dead impacted their lives positively... This is just one reason.. there are many others

But this reason is flimsy!

The dead is dead. Whether you pay respect or not you are not helping the dead! She can't get/see your respect.

Whoever comes later can visit the grave!

Jesus burial was not delayed becos the 11 disciples and hin family no dey around
Re: Pastor Nomthi Odukoya's Funeral Rites Begin Today (Photo) by AntiChristian: 5:38pm On Nov 29, 2021
Leverage2021:
Rip ma

How are we different from an animal in death? In death we eat some of them. In death we decompose microbes or scavengers eat us!
Reason am!

Where is it written that the dead ones are happy? So Jesus was unhappy when there was no songs and celebration when he died according to the Bible?
Abeg reason am well!

Preserving the corpse is a waste of resources and time. Person don die bury am! She can be resurrected like Lazarus!
And what flimsy memory is that?
Abeg reason am again!

Many Muslims like you e.g Moji Olaiya are now keeping corpes in morgue for lying in state
Many Muslim can be doing but Islam does not permit such!

We do not just follow any Tomiwa, Dike and Haruna Muslims but the Muslim texts!
Re: Pastor Nomthi Odukoya's Funeral Rites Begin Today (Photo) by Leverage2021: 5:45pm On Nov 29, 2021
AntiChristian:

How do you know the person is in coma?

And how many Muslims have been buried like that close to you?

Abeg no lie o, bring localised and verifiable evidence!
Do you know you sound like a joke now grin

Do you know the millions of Muslims who have "died" at home and Muslims straight up wrap them with mat to go bury without going to hospital

Are you aware that coma can take days to weeks to months to years in which case must of the victims are already buried alive.

I believe if you have some brain you don't expect some one who is in coma and already buried quickly to tell you they were in coma

You can only get such experience when the burial time is delayed via processes which is absent in Islam

Anyway go read the Book Women of Kurdistan page 139 i screenshot narrates how Muslim women in coma are buried before their time

Kurdistan is Muslim so don't bring your taqiya

Re: Pastor Nomthi Odukoya's Funeral Rites Begin Today (Photo) by Leverage2021: 5:50pm On Nov 29, 2021
[s]
AntiChristian:

How are we different from an animal in death? In death we eat some of them. In death we decompose microbes or scavengers eat us!
Reason am!

Where is it written that the dead ones are happy? So Jesus was unhappy when there was no songs and celebration when he died according to the Bible?
Abeg reason am well!

Preserving the corpse is a waste of resources and time. Person don die bury am! She can be resurrected like Lazarus!
And what flimsy memory is that?
Abeg reason am again!

Many Muslim can be doing but Islam does not permit such!

We do not just follow any Tomiwa, Dike and Haruna Muslims but the Muslim texts!
[/s]Abdul, if you follow the Muslim text i believe Mohammed too should also follow the Muslim text (true/false)?

Mohammed or his text which do you pattern your lives after (remember he is the best Muslim)?
Re: Pastor Nomthi Odukoya's Funeral Rites Begin Today (Photo) by AntiChristian: 5:51pm On Nov 29, 2021
Leverage2021:
Do you know you sound like a joke now grin

Do you know the millions of Muslims who have "died" at home and Muslims straight up wrap them with mat to go bury without going to hospital

Are you aware that coma can take days to weeks to months to years in which case must of the victims are already buried alive.

I believe if you have some brain you don't expect some one who is in coma and already buried quickly to tell you they were in coma

You can only get such experience when the burial time is delayed via processes which is absent in Islam

Anyway go read the Book Women of Kurdistan page 139 i screenshot narrates how Muslim women in coma are buried before their time

Kurdistan is Muslim so don't bring your taqiya

Kurdistan is not Nigeria!

Can an embalmed person wake up from coma?

Abeg reason am well! You are not making any sense!
Re: Pastor Nomthi Odukoya's Funeral Rites Begin Today (Photo) by AntiChristian: 5:55pm On Nov 29, 2021
Leverage2021:
[s][/s]Abdul, if you follow the Muslim text i believe Mohammed too should also follow the Muslim text (true/false)?

Mohammed or his text which do you pattern your lives after (remember he is the best Muslim)?

Nonsense talk!
Re: Pastor Nomthi Odukoya's Funeral Rites Begin Today (Photo) by Leverage2021: 5:56pm On Nov 29, 2021
AntiChristian:

Kurdistan is not Nigeria!

Can an embalmed person wake up from coma?

Abeg reason am well! You are not making any sense!
grin Abdul don't shift goal post,

I never mentioned embalming in any place

The chances of a Muslim surviving a coma of two days is zero especially if it happens outside an hospital

I never said Kurdistan is Nigeria don't shift goal post, Na you ask for examples of where it has happened

Btw I asked you some questions waiting your reply
Re: Pastor Nomthi Odukoya's Funeral Rites Begin Today (Photo) by Leverage2021: 6:00pm On Nov 29, 2021
AntiChristian:

Nonsense talk!
what is nonsense

Dont run o

Do you follow your prophet pattern on the way of burial or you follow his empty words where he does the opposite

If you are not a coward, I am challenging you to answer
Re: Pastor Nomthi Odukoya's Funeral Rites Begin Today (Photo) by Iamfavored: 6:19pm On Nov 29, 2021
Rest on
Re: Pastor Nomthi Odukoya's Funeral Rites Begin Today (Photo) by Richy4(m): 6:42pm On Nov 29, 2021
AntiChristian:

But this reason is flimsy!

The dead is dead. Whether you pay respect or not you are not helping the dead! She can't get/see your respect.

Whoever comes later can visit the grave!

Jesus burial was not delayed becos the 11 disciples and hin family no dey around
People pay last respect not really for the dead to see... U are there to comfort the family she left behind...And also to thank the family for allowing her make such a positive impact on their lives (reasons for funeral oration)

Everyone is not really a boss in their places of work, If such thing like death should happen, relatives have to take proper leave of absence right? So that the organisation that they were working for will look for substitute..

Also, If the pastor has relatives abroad, Do you think they will feel happy to hear that their sister has passed on and had been buried?
In terms of Jesus's case, what do you think was Jewish tradition in terms of burying the dead?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why I Don't Believe In Heaven And Hell... / Zimbabwe Blocks Chris Okafor, Nigerian Prophet Who Said Mugabe Would Die / Throwback Photo Of Pastor Adeboye And Wife Sitting At A Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.