Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,806 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Lionel Messi: When Cristiano Levelled Me, I Have To Admit That It Hurt Me A Lot - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi: When Cristiano Levelled Me, I Have To Admit That It Hurt Me A Lot (30583 Views)

When Cristiano Ronaldo Was The Best Dribbler In The World / Messi: It Hurt When Ronaldo Won His Fifth Ballon D'or / Nedum Onuoha: Ibrahimovic Kept Saying He Was Going To Hurt Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lionel Messi: When Cristiano Levelled Me, I Have To Admit That It Hurt Me A Lot by obembet(f): 8:52pm On Nov 29, 2021
Lionel Messi is gearing up to potentially receive the 7th Ballon d’Or of his career. Ahead of this though, his confession of being hurt after Cristiano Ronaldo tied his tally of five in 2017 has resurfaced

During his time with FC Barcelona, Lionel Messi became the first player to win four straight Ballon d'Or awards after being voted the winner from 2009-2012. He followed it up by winning his 5th Ballon d’Or in 2015, which was at the time a world record.

However, Cristiano Ronaldo’s trophy-laden time with Real Madrid allowed the Portuguese to win the award between 2013-2014 and 2016-2017. He had won his first Ballon d’Or at the age of 23 for Manchester United in 2008. Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi were tied at five Ballon d’Ors until Messi won the award again in 2019.

Lionel Messi has reportedly been told that a record 7th Ballon d’Or is his. Amongst the anticipation of the 2021 Ballon d'Or, Messi's confession back in 2017 has resurfaced. He then said:

"On the one hand, I appreciated having five and being the only one to do so. When Cristiano levelled me, I have to admit that it hurt me a bit. I was no longer alone at the summit. But it was logical, even if it is nice when you are alone on five.”
Lionel Messi’s 7th Ballon d’Or inadvertently means that he has edged past Cristiano Ronaldo for good in historic race

Lionel Messi’s potential 7th Ballon d’Or win extends his record of winning the most in the history of club football. He started off with a headstart but Ronaldo managed to tie him at five in 2017. Messi was hurt, but has since managed to edge past Cristiano Ronaldo again.

With his 7th Ballon d’Or, it seems extremely likely that Ronaldo will not be able to reach Messi’s tally for good. With age catching up to both Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, the two are not the same players that they were just a few years ago. However, Lionel Messi will be optimistic about his chances of landing an 8th. That is if he is able to lead PSG to a Champions League triumph this year.

Meanwhile, Cristiano Ronaldo is plying his trade for a struggling Manchester United side and he is now 36 years old. His playing style is arguably more dependant upon hard work and physical fitness than Lionel Messi. Plus, Manchester United do not look likely to win multiple trophies this season.

Additionally, Lionel Messi will become the second-oldest player to win the Ballon d’Or at the age of 34, if he wins. He will be second to Stanley Mathews’ record of winning it as a 41-year old in 1956. In such a scenario, Cristiano Ronaldo will have to win his 6th Ballon d’Or as a 37-year old. He will have to then follow it up with another unlikely triumph to equal Messi’s record.
At the same time, he will have to hope that Lionel Messi does not win another Ballon d’Or till the end of his career. Considering PSG’s Champions League ambitions and overall squad, both those scenarios might come true.

Source: https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/news-it-hurt-me-lionel-messi-s-confession-cristiano-ronaldo-won-5th-ballon-d-or-resurfaces-ahead-2021-gala

Modified: Obembet

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi: When Cristiano Levelled Me, I Have To Admit That It Hurt Me A Lot by obonujoker(m): 8:56pm On Nov 29, 2021
Lol....

So you cried to your FIFA fathers that was why they denied Ronaldo 2018 ballon D'or?

However that aside, why did the give Lewandowski a wooden pizza as consolation award, but refused to give best midfielder or best defender?

126 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi: When Cristiano Levelled Me, I Have To Admit That It Hurt Me A Lot by kenodrill: 9:00pm On Nov 29, 2021
Penaldo fans will not sleep tonight.

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi: When Cristiano Levelled Me, I Have To Admit That It Hurt Me A Lot by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 29, 2021
cry
Re: Lionel Messi: When Cristiano Levelled Me, I Have To Admit That It Hurt Me A Lot by Lamasta(m): 9:03pm On Nov 29, 2021
Its LEWANDOESKI or nothing

15 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi: When Cristiano Levelled Me, I Have To Admit That It Hurt Me A Lot by Timekeeper: 9:05pm On Nov 29, 2021
Obembet Messi enemy..

I'm sure Messi never said this.. The useless press will always publish nonsense..

The mods still found a way to push this rubbish to the fp... Obembet, I heard Dt the storage tank of water has been filled with ur tears since Messi won grin

I even heard Dt kingcalls and some penaldo fans have been admitted to the hospital after they shed blood in respect to their hatred for Messi..

Paulolee, unbitchable Thierry abeg make una check on them grin

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi: When Cristiano Levelled Me, I Have To Admit That It Hurt Me A Lot by Timekeeper: 9:05pm On Nov 29, 2021
Lamasta:

Seems u wana go on a sleep drought tonyt?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi: When Cristiano Levelled Me, I Have To Admit That It Hurt Me A Lot by paulolee(m): 9:07pm On Nov 29, 2021
its normal...its d rivary....same way e dey pain cr7 as messi don run leave am..
he won 5 award n was ranting dt he deserves d award 7 or 8 times, dt he deserves to win it more than leo bt now leo is on 7th n he is still stuck on 5th n i dnt see him winning it again..
dts life sha...who pass u, go always pass u no matter ur gra gra and no b by noise o

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi: When Cristiano Levelled Me, I Have To Admit That It Hurt Me A Lot by paulolee(m): 9:07pm On Nov 29, 2021
kenodrill:
Penaldo fans will not sleep tonight.
how dm wan take sleep na? people wey swear say messi can never win the award..
from kante dm switch to jorhinho n now na lewa bt we jus de laff them..
de said copa is trash n worth nothing, one even said footballers should protest against messi while the rest said lewa was robbed forgetting dt cr7 won it in 2013 without a trophy while Ribery won 3 crucial trophies..
dis mr op don enter ghost mode since dm announce messi n i kno say na till cr7 score again naim e go create new thread.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi: When Cristiano Levelled Me, I Have To Admit That It Hurt Me A Lot by paulolee(m): 9:08pm On Nov 29, 2021
Lamasta:
dis wan still de sleep......alaye wake up o,messi don win am n d world av left u behind
as soon as I see messi. e Family for dt gala, am 100% sure dt he is d winner..
u expect messi to come with e family to watch lewa win am?.
winners are informed before d gala n do come prepared with dier speech..

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi: When Cristiano Levelled Me, I Have To Admit That It Hurt Me A Lot by AMCE: 9:09pm On Nov 29, 2021
Make una reason am oooo

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi: When Cristiano Levelled Me, I Have To Admit That It Hurt Me A Lot by jaeyking(m): 9:09pm On Nov 29, 2021
The title is between Messi and lewandoski.
Whosoever wins
All the best to them

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi: When Cristiano Levelled Me, I Have To Admit That It Hurt Me A Lot by JohnnyPalmer: 9:11pm On Nov 29, 2021
Like for Messi LM7

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi: When Cristiano Levelled Me, I Have To Admit That It Hurt Me A Lot by Chieffoo007: 9:16pm On Nov 29, 2021
Messidior
Like for messi share for ronaldo

27 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi: When Cristiano Levelled Me, I Have To Admit That It Hurt Me A Lot by OJEEMAH(m): 9:18pm On Nov 29, 2021
And the dude had to cement his GOAT status by claiming another and tonight, the final punch will be delivered.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi: When Cristiano Levelled Me, I Have To Admit That It Hurt Me A Lot by Idamond: 9:26pm On Nov 29, 2021
MS7

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi: When Cristiano Levelled Me, I Have To Admit That It Hurt Me A Lot by obembet(f): 7:26am On Nov 30, 2021
SMARTMOTORS:
I have been a football lover since 1994, but with nonsense called Ballon d or I'm done! .....giving Messi another world best is nonsense to me! And I know millions of football lovers all over the world has lost it too! This is absolute nonsense!!... I have been a Messi and Barcelona fan since 2004. But with this I'm done! Bleep football! Bleep Fifa! Bleep eufa!, Infact! Fulani injustice in Nigeria is second to this! Nonsense!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi: When Cristiano Levelled Me, I Have To Admit That It Hurt Me A Lot by ForeThinker: 7:34am On Nov 30, 2021
Compromised award

5 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi: When Cristiano Levelled Me, I Have To Admit That It Hurt Me A Lot by MangekyoAlt: 7:34am On Nov 30, 2021
All those Ronaldo paid reporters asked him how he felt when Ronaldo leveled him?
Not surprised. First they asked him what he thinks of ronaldos form in man utd and then this.

Alright, they should alao go and ask Ronaldo how he now feels right now, seeing how somehow he calls a rival has now left him in the dust for good

6 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi: When Cristiano Levelled Me, I Have To Admit That It Hurt Me A Lot by updatechange(m): 7:34am On Nov 30, 2021
Congratulations to Messi, tho I'm a Ronaldo fan but based on statistics Messi edges Ronaldo and every other nominees... So I think he deserves it. Congrats.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi: When Cristiano Levelled Me, I Have To Admit That It Hurt Me A Lot by Legalcriminal: 7:34am On Nov 30, 2021
One ediot say if Messi win am make he die. I hope he’s on his way to heaven rn. Una go wail tire

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi: When Cristiano Levelled Me, I Have To Admit That It Hurt Me A Lot by DropsMic(m): 7:34am On Nov 30, 2021
Ehya
Re: Lionel Messi: When Cristiano Levelled Me, I Have To Admit That It Hurt Me A Lot by bigdammyj: 7:34am On Nov 30, 2021
Noted
Re: Lionel Messi: When Cristiano Levelled Me, I Have To Admit That It Hurt Me A Lot by iLite4all(m): 7:35am On Nov 30, 2021
Incase u miss it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoXbWLQ354Q

Watch and sub

Pedri Kopa winner ) watch below )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxpZxwLE7lE

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi: When Cristiano Levelled Me, I Have To Admit That It Hurt Me A Lot by Optimistguy1969: 7:35am On Nov 30, 2021
Guy rest!

Lewandoski deserved this one

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi: When Cristiano Levelled Me, I Have To Admit That It Hurt Me A Lot by Fyie: 7:35am On Nov 30, 2021
I didn't read through....but I sha know the post is about Messi(GOAT).

But I think DAVIDO is to RONALDO while WIZKID is to MESSI, the more you hate the more he wins with no noise.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi: When Cristiano Levelled Me, I Have To Admit That It Hurt Me A Lot by specialmati(m): 7:36am On Nov 30, 2021
grin grin grin the goat of our time.na people that watch basketball and Ruby think otherwise. Some of them are saying he doesn't deserve it.the award is by voting.not by talking trash.people wey sabi football says he deserve it.so congratulations messi you deserve it

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi: When Cristiano Levelled Me, I Have To Admit That It Hurt Me A Lot by Offpoint1: 7:36am On Nov 30, 2021
It hurts me Mikel obi didn't win any....
Re: Lionel Messi: When Cristiano Levelled Me, I Have To Admit That It Hurt Me A Lot by Lamasta(m): 7:36am On Nov 30, 2021
Now we know what Balloon D'or represents cool
Re: Lionel Messi: When Cristiano Levelled Me, I Have To Admit That It Hurt Me A Lot by bablon20(m): 7:36am On Nov 30, 2021
He can never level you again except in his dream and he will sorely disappointed when he wake up to reality that it's a dream. God worked it out for Messi, God's time is d best.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi: When Cristiano Levelled Me, I Have To Admit That It Hurt Me A Lot by oriewanbe: 7:37am On Nov 30, 2021
Human being will always be human.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Italian Journalist Marika Fruscio Pleads With Nigerians Over Osimhen / Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? / Benedict Akwuegbu & Wife, Ifeoma, Bicker Over Divorce, Second Marriage (P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.