Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Lagos Teacher Removed My Nephew's Tooth & Threatened Him. Help! (Photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lagos Teacher Removed My Nephew's Tooth & Threatened Him. Help! (Photos) (24573 Views)

Lagos Teacher, Taiwo Ojo, Arrested For Defiling A Senior Secondary Student / Update ON Lagos Teacher Knocked Off My Nephews Tooth And Threatened Him / Lagos Teacher Beats Student To Death For Not Answering Maths Question Correctly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Teacher Removed My Nephew's Tooth & Threatened Him. Help! (Photos) by Nobody: 10:31pm On Nov 29, 2021
I Cant Take This! Please Who Are The Right Authorities To Report This Case photo

I'm not happy. I've been trying to overlook what happened today but the more I remember it, the more I feel sorry for my innocent nephew who was physically and brutally abused by his teacher today.

I finished from my school today and decided to check on them.
I got home and found the door still locked. So I called and my sis said she went to pick her children from school.

As I sat at the staircase to wait, My nephew climbed up the stairs and said he has something to tell me. He said his teacher removed his tooth. As he was still trying to explain how it happened, the Mom climbed up and took over.

When she got to school, the teachers blocked her at the gate and told her her sons teeth was shaking and fell off. She said she was surprised because she was the one who brushed his teeth this morning and non of his teeth was shaking. she just believed them and picked her children.

On their way home. The son now told her to promise him not to ask his teacher what he's about to tell her and she crossed her heart.

The boy told her that he submmited his exam script to his teacher. The teacher went through his script and told him to rewrite somethings correctly. As he bent and was writing on the teachers table ( maybe he wrote it wrongly again) the teacher now hit his head on the table and his front tooth flew out. He said she quickly rushed him out as blood was gushing out and washed him up.
He said that the other teachers saw all that Happened and now tried to cover up.

He also said, the teacher threatened him that if he tells his Mom what happened, he'll meet her in school tomorrow.... That was why he begged his Mom not to ask his teacher.

I told the Mom to go there with the police tomorrow but I'm not sure if it's within their jurisdiction to handle such cases. So I want to know the right authority to report this dastardly act .

My 5 year old nephew must get justice. See how she disfigured his upper front dentition.

I need contacts to the right agency, please.

Pics of his teeth before and after the harm.

Couldn't get his personal pics where he smiled opening his teeth. So had to use their group pics to show what his dentition looked like before the abuse.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Teacher Removed My Nephew's Tooth & Threatened Him. Help! (Photos) by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 29, 2021
Please, anybody with useful info.?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Teacher Removed My Nephew's Tooth & Threatened Him. Help! (Photos) by mariovito(m): 10:44pm On Nov 29, 2021
For me personally, I think some matters do not require dogon turenci, no long yarning. Sometimes, it's okay to take the laws in ones hand, albeit with moderation. If I were in your shoes, I'll pick that teacher out, whether on the school premises or else where and mess him/her up. Worst case scenario, the authorities get involved, maybe the school authority or Police. By the time both side to the story is weighed, na peace talk go end am. Sometimes you got to roll up your sleeves and handle some fuxkups personally because na you know as e pain you rish.

140 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lagos Teacher Removed My Nephew's Tooth & Threatened Him. Help! (Photos) by Nobody: 10:51pm On Nov 29, 2021
mariovito:
For me personally, I think some matters do not require dogon turenci, no long yarning. Sometimes, it's okay to take the laws in ones hand, albeit with moderation. If I were in your shoes, I'll pick that teacher out, whether on the school premises or else where and mess him/her up. Worst case scenario, the authorities get involved, maybe the school authority or Police. By the time both side to the story is weighed, na peace talk go end am. Sometimes you got to roll up your sleeves and handle some fuxkups personally because na you know as e pain you rish.

That was the approach the Mom suggested but I warned her not to take laws into her hands because what if she goes with that anger, hits her and she drops dead. Considering the way people die easily these days. So I thought it was best to let the police handle it.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Teacher Removed My Nephew's Tooth & Threatened Him. Help! (Photos) by Prettiepearlz(f): 11:01pm On Nov 29, 2021
Mercychen:

That was the approach the Mom suggested but I warned her not to take laws into her hands because what if she goes with that anger, hits her and she drops dead. Considering the way people die easily these days. So I thought it was best to handle it this way.
Exactly! This is a good advice. May we not be behind bars. I suggest she takes it to Police while also involving the school authorities. The teacher should be arrested and charged to court. Though I doubt taking it to the school authorities will lead to anything. They will only beg your sister and she would be manipulated into letting go. However the teacher will not be sacked, meaning the teacher may still be able to hurt another Child.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Teacher Removed My Nephew's Tooth & Threatened Him. Help! (Photos) by Nobody: 11:04pm On Nov 29, 2021
Prettiepearlz:

Exactly! This is a good advice. May we not be behind bars. I suggest she takes it to Police while also involving the school authorities. The teacher should be arrested and charged to court. Though I doubt taking it to the school authorities will lead to anything. They will only beg your sister and she would be manipulated into letting go. However the teacher will not be sacked, meaning the teacher may still be able to hurt another Child.

Exactly, because he said she threatened him.

I was there and my sister tried calling the owner of the school but she refused to pick. She called some of the teachers, they all refused to pick.
Re: Lagos Teacher Removed My Nephew's Tooth & Threatened Him. Help! (Photos) by Nobody: 11:25pm On Nov 29, 2021
Please I need contacts of agencies. I just feel for the innocent boy. Imagine the pain he must have felt from the unexpected attack.. chai!!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Teacher Removed My Nephew's Tooth & Threatened Him. Help! (Photos) by Nobody: 11:32pm On Nov 29, 2021
Mynd44, lalasticlala, please help my nephew get justice. This is too much.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Teacher Removed My Nephew's Tooth & Threatened Him. Help! (Photos) by mastermaestro(m): 11:34pm On Nov 29, 2021
In which state did this happen?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Teacher Removed My Nephew's Tooth & Threatened Him. Help! (Photos) by Nobody: 11:35pm On Nov 29, 2021
mastermaestro:
In which state did this happen?

Lagos.
Re: Lagos Teacher Removed My Nephew's Tooth & Threatened Him. Help! (Photos) by mastermaestro(m): 11:45pm On Nov 29, 2021
Knowing the state will make it easier for someone to offer useful information.

By the way, this shows that some people cannot just handle their personal frustrations. I am sure the said teacher is a frustrated loser who decided to transfer aggression on a little pupil. It's unimaginable how he treats other pupils in that school and in private.

Sincerely he deserves street justice. The best bet is to pick him up at his house and treat his f up outside the perimeters of the school. Since he chose to be violent on a little child, serve him a little glass of his foolishness. sad

Also please don't fail to petition the school with the state education board for their complicity and attempt to cover up this dangerous act. The school management should be ashamed of themselves! sad

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Teacher Removed My Nephew's Tooth & Threatened Him. Help! (Photos) by Nobody: 12:09am On Nov 30, 2021
mastermaestro:
Knowing the state will make it easier for someone to offer useful information.

By the way, this shows that some people cannot just handle their personal frustrations. I am sure the said teacher is a frustrated loser who decided to transfer aggression on a little pupil. It's unimaginable how he treats other pupils in that school and in private.

Sincerely he deserves street justice. The best bet is to pick him up at his house and treat his f up outside the perimeters of the school. Since he chose to be violent on a little child, serve him a little glass of his foolishness. sad

Also please don't fail to petition the school with the state education board for their complicity and attempt to cover up this dangerous act. The school management should be ashamed of themselves! sad

Ok. Infact, You've said it all.

Thanks.
Re: Lagos Teacher Removed My Nephew's Tooth & Threatened Him. Help! (Photos) by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:22am On Nov 30, 2021
remove your child from that school if they dont fire that abusive teacher...

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Teacher Removed My Nephew's Tooth & Threatened Him. Help! (Photos) by Nobody: 12:30am On Nov 30, 2021
MrBrownJay1:
remove your child from that school if they dont fire that abusive teacher...

I already told her to do just that!
Re: Lagos Teacher Removed My Nephew's Tooth & Threatened Him. Help! (Photos) by Gosj001: 12:31am On Nov 30, 2021
Mercychen:

So had to use their group pics to show what his dentition looked like before the abuse.

Kindly blur their face. You are doing more harm than good!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Teacher Removed My Nephew's Tooth & Threatened Him. Help! (Photos) by Nobody: 12:32am On Nov 30, 2021
Gosj001:

Kindly blur their face. You are doing more harm than good!

Ok.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Teacher Removed My Nephew's Tooth & Threatened Him. Help! (Photos) by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:36am On Nov 30, 2021
Mercychen:
I already told her to do just that!

...and that school should also pay for any dentist appointment (if needs be).

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Teacher Removed My Nephew's Tooth & Threatened Him. Help! (Photos) by sunnymighty(m): 3:00am On Nov 30, 2021
Mercychen:

Ok.
Thanks.

Op contact Iyaniwura Childcare Foundation, you can get their contact on Google.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Teacher Removed My Nephew's Tooth & Threatened Him. Help! (Photos) by MufasaLion: 3:07am On Nov 30, 2021
Mercychen:
Mynd44, lalasticlala, please help my nephew get justice. This is too much.

Are they Human Rights Activists? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Teacher Removed My Nephew's Tooth & Threatened Him. Help! (Photos) by MufasaLion: 3:10am On Nov 30, 2021
I'm gonna be so rich that my son will attend a school that's not filled with frustrated Nigerian teachers. And if any teacher dare touch him, I'm gonna take it up! Do I even want to have kid in this country? No! grin

Nobody dare touch my son!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Teacher Removed My Nephew's Tooth & Threatened Him. Help! (Photos) by signature2012(m): 3:41am On Nov 30, 2021
Some school teachers be behaving like demon.
Doing this to a 5 year old kid!
And they all want to cover it up.
Nah!!!!!!!!!!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Teacher Removed My Nephew's Tooth & Threatened Him. Help! (Photos) by efficiencie(m): 4:13am On Nov 30, 2021
@Mercychen Don't take laws into your own hands, it could turn around to bite you. If you are in Lagos contact:

Ministry of Women Affairs & Poverty Alleviation (WAPA) Block 18, 2nd Floor, Lagos State Secretariat Alausa, Ikeja 08085754226, 08102678443, 08085594141 E-mail: wapa@lagosstate.gov.ng

And if any other state contact the ministry of women affairs in the state. They could involve the police on your behalf.

What that teacher did is horrendous and I think it is contrary to the law. In a newspaper, I saw this:

“Corporal punishment is lawful in schools under article 295(4) of the Criminal Code (South), which states that ‘a schoolmaster or a person acting as a schoolmaster” is automatically considered as having been entrusted with ‘authority for correction, including the power to determine in what cases correction ought to be inflicted’, and article 55 of the Penal Code (North), which states: ‘Nothing is an offence which does not amount to the infliction of grievous hurt upon any person and which is done by a schoolmaster for the purpose of correcting a child under eighteen years of age entrusted to his charge.’

Source: https://guardian.ng/features/the-case-against-corporal-punishment/

I am not a lawyer but it seems, from the criminal/penal code, if corporal punishment is meted out by the teacher it is illegal unless the teacher was acting in the place of the head teacher which is clearly not the case going by your child's confession. And even when the head teacher metes out corporal punishment he or she is not to inflict grievous hurt that could amount to torture, inhuman and degrading treatment of the child.

You clearly have a case here in my opinion. The teacher that did this to your child will be in jail for sometime for the infliction of grievous hurt on your child.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Teacher Removed My Nephew's Tooth & Threatened Him. Help! (Photos) by ekineme: 4:43am On Nov 30, 2021
Sometimes we ought to let go and call it Mercy.

What the teacher did was wrong, But I do suggest the mother go to the school and have a chat with the teacher, thereby letting him know the implication of his action if she should take it up legally.

The outcome of the visit will determine her next line of action.
If the teacher is remorseful enough I think he deserve a chance to redeem himself, his action might not really be his personality especially where they have been no record of such or similar scenario before this incident.

Getting the teacher sacked, imprisoned and made to pay for dentist bill to serve as deterrent for others sometimes has adverse effects of producing carefree teachers and dull pupils.

Mercy in this scenario get the message passed with better results for all parties involved.
Let your aunt call it Mercy ( that is Incase the teacher show remorse and own up to his actions when she confronts him else legal action is justified)

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Teacher Removed My Nephew's Tooth & Threatened Him. Help! (Photos) by efficiencie(m): 4:58am On Nov 30, 2021
ekineme:

What the teacher did was wrong, But I do suggest the mother go to the school and have a chat with the teacher, thereby letting him know the implication of his action if she should take it up legally.

1 If the teacher is remorseful enough I think he deserve a chance to redeem himself, his action might not really be his personality especially where they have been no record of such or similar scenario before this incident.

Getting the teacher sacked, imprisoned and made to pay for dentist bill to serve as deterrent for others 2 sometimes has adverse effects of producing carefree teachers and dull pupils.

Mercy in this scenario get the message passed with better results for all parties involved.
Let your aunt call it Mercy ( that is Incase the teacher show remorse and own up to his actions when she confronts him else legal action is justified)

1. Both the head teacher and the teacher are not remorseful at all. If they were they would have allowed the woman enter the school with the child. Acknowledge and apologized for their wrong, foot the medical bill of taking care of the boy, reprimanded the teacher and pleaded for an out of court settlement of this case. But they did none of these, instead they are hoping to silence the mother and her child.

2. You can say this because your child hasn't been maimed this way. If there was a nail on the table where the teacher banged the boys head do you know the boy could easily have had a concussion? Do you realize the boy could have passed on? Head teachers can exact corporal punishment in a mild way to discourage certain behaviour but maiming a child is absolutely reprehensible. If a parent did this to his or her own child you will be the first to clamour for the appropriate agencies to look into the issue of domestic violence against children.

3. You talk of mercy. The teacher involved showed no mercy. How dare he or she hit a child so hard that he broke his tooth? That quality of teaching is set by the policies of the school and not the attitudes of teachers after one of their colleagues is punished for gross misconduct.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Teacher Removed My Nephew's Tooth & Threatened Him. Help! (Photos) by Nobody: 5:22am On Nov 30, 2021
efficiencie:

1. Both the head teacher and the teacher are not remorseful at all. If they were they would have allowed the woman enter the school with the child. Acknowledge and apologized for their wrong, foot the medical bill of taking care of the boy, reprimanded the teacher and pleaded for an out of court settlement of this case. But they did none of these, instead they are hoping to silence the mother and her child.

2. You can say this because your child hasn't been maimed this way. If there was a nail on the table where the teacher banged the boys head do you know the boy could easily have had a concussion? Do you realize the boy could have passed on? Head teachers can exact corporal punishment in a mild way to discourage certain behaviour but maiming a child is absolutely reprehensible. If a parent did this to his or her own child you will be the first to clamour for the appropriate agencies to look into the issue of domestic violence against children.

3. You talk of mercy. The teacher involved showed no mercy. How dare he or she hit a child so hard that he broke his tooth? That quality of teaching is set by the policies of the school and not the attitudes of teachers after one of their colleagues is punished for gross misconduct.

Thanks for helping me respond to him.
Someone that did not feel remorseful but tried to cover it up by threatening the boy that he would meet her in school if he tells the Mom.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Teacher Removed My Nephew's Tooth & Threatened Him. Help! (Photos) by Harddiskng(m): 5:27am On Nov 30, 2021
I am guessing he attends a private school, tell his mother not to allow such slide.

She should pay the school a visit the following day and ask to see the proprietor or headmaster/headmistress.

She would be met with resistance but not to worry Nigerians respond well to two things money and violence. Make she display the latter. She shouldn’t back down until disciplinary action is taken against the teacher or she should get him/her arrested. She should let the teacher know that if anybody as much look at her child wrongly she would be back angry

You can’t be taking out your frustrations on a child, removing his front teeth.

I can vaguely remember long time ago in Bethlehem, I was in Primary 1. This oloriburuku teacher would line us up at lunch time and be removing all the animals (meat/fish) in our food. Me wey to eat food without animal na struggle. The day i had enough and told my mum. She no even consider for once say her baby boy might be talking nonsense. Next day she drove to the school to see the headmistress. That was the end of lunch time harassment grin

Sidenote: Y’all should always listen to your children even if what they have to say seem ridiculous or seemly unimportant.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Teacher Removed My Nephew's Tooth & Threatened Him. Help! (Photos) by Nobody: 5:30am On Nov 30, 2021
ekineme:

If the teacher is remorseful enough I think he deserve a chance to redeem himself, his action might not really be his personality especially where they have been no record of such or similar scenario before this incident.

Getting the teacher sacked, imprisoned and made to pay for dentist bill to serve as deterrent for others sometimes has adverse effects of producing carefree teachers and dull pupils.

I really understand what you are getting at cos I initially told my sis to just go there and place a judgement on her and leave but after a while, when I remembered the whole scenario, my head just sparked because what if it was his nose or forehead that hit the table or worst still, what if he had died? Hm.. I just cant take it anymore.

This is not the first time. The boy still has a dark mark on his neck from the flogging she gave him. Now this. Each time I remember it, my heart just goes out to this boy because hes my twins son. He's just like my own son.

You won't understand.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Teacher Removed My Nephew's Tooth & Threatened Him. Help! (Photos) by Nobody: 5:51am On Nov 30, 2021
sunnymighty:

Op contact Iyaniwura Childcare Foundation, you can get their contact on Google.

Thank you so much for this. I really appreciate.

Harddiskng:
I am guessing he attends a private school, tell his mother not to allow such slide.

She should pay the school a visit the following day and ask to see the proprietor or headmaster/headmistress.

She would be met with resistance but not to worry Nigerians respond well to two things money and violence. Make she display the latter. She shouldn’t back down until disciplinary action is taken against the teacher or she should get him/her arrested. She should let the teacher know that if anybody as much look at her child wrongly she would be back angry

You can’t be taking out your frustrations on a child, removing his front teeth.

I can vaguely remember long time ago in Bethlehem, I was in Primary 1. This oloriburuku teacher would line us up at lunch time and be removing all the animals (meat/fish) in our food. Me wey to eat food without animal na struggle. The day i had enough and told my mum. She no even consider for once say her baby boy might be talking nonsense. Next day she drove to the school to see the headmistress. That was the end of lunch time harassment grin

Sidenote: Y’all should always listen to your children even if what they have to say seem ridiculous or seemly unimportant.

I'm telling you. She needs to be taught a lesson or two.

efficiencie:
@Mercychen Don't take laws into your own hands, it could turn around to bite you. If you are in Lagos contact:

Ministry of Women Affairs & Poverty Alleviation (WAPA) Block 18, 2nd Floor, Lagos State Secretariat Alausa, Ikeja 08085754226, 08102678443, 08085594141 E-mail: wapa@lagosstate.gov.ng

And if any other state contact the ministry of women affairs in the state. They could involve the police on your behalf.

What that teacher did is horrendous and I think it is contrary to the law. In a newspaper, I saw this:

“Corporal punishment is lawful in schools under article 295(4) of the Criminal Code (South), which states that ‘a schoolmaster or a person acting as a schoolmaster” is automatically considered as having been entrusted with ‘authority for correction, including the power to determine in what cases correction ought to be inflicted’, and article 55 of the Penal Code (North), which states: ‘Nothing is an offence which does not amount to the infliction of grievous hurt upon any person and which is done by a schoolmaster for the purpose of correcting a child under eighteen years of age entrusted to his charge.’

Source: https://guardian.ng/features/the-case-against-corporal-punishment/

I am not a lawyer but it seems, from the criminal/penal code, if corporal punishment is meted out by the teacher it is illegal unless the teacher was acting in the place of the head teacher which is clearly not the case going by your child's confession. And even when the head teacher metes out corporal punishment he or she is not to inflict grievous hurt that could amount to torture, inhuman and degrading treatment of the child.

You clearly have a case here in my opinion. The teacher that did this to your child will be in jail for sometime for the infliction of grievous hurt on your child.

Thanks. I really appreciate this.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Teacher Removed My Nephew's Tooth & Threatened Him. Help! (Photos) by adebayour26: 5:57am On Nov 30, 2021
ekineme:

I would have agreed with you but just imagine the wicked act of banging the head (not even the head, I think it's the entire facial region) of a 5-year old child on the table.

That's gross.
That's child abuse.

This same teacher would do worst.
I'm sure there are lots of bad words, insulting words and abusive words she will be using on the children & probably their Parents.

Teaching is meant to be a noble job but this one obviously is not fit to be one. She's a disgrace to professional teachers.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Teacher Removed My Nephew's Tooth & Threatened Him. Help! (Photos) by Richy4(m): 5:59am On Nov 30, 2021
Let the mother go to that school first to report to the head master or the head mistress... To see what they will do.. that is the first step...

If Nothing happened, go on social media and make the school popular... It's not good for business as u know, many will start withdrawing their kids...

As you are escalating the matter and making it public, u inform the police..

This is because if any media that is interested might ask you if the case was reported to the head master... U wouldn't want them to say assuming it was reported, they would have dealt with it... Also they might ask if police knows about it so.. this is just to cover all bases... This is just a suggestion..

10 Likes

Re: Lagos Teacher Removed My Nephew's Tooth & Threatened Him. Help! (Photos) by Nobody: 6:08am On Nov 30, 2021
Richy4:
Let her mother go to that school first to report to the head master or the head mistress... To see what they will do.. that is the first step...

If Nothing happened, go on social media and make the school popular... It's not good for business as u know, many will start withdrawing their kids...

As you are escalating the matter and making it public, u inform the police..

This is because if any media that is interested might ask you if the case was reported to the head master... U wouldn't want them to say assuming it was reported, they would have dealt with it... Also they might ask if police knows about it so.. this is just to cover all bases... This is just a suggestion..

Ok, thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Teacher Removed My Nephew's Tooth & Threatened Him. Help! (Photos) by chicoMX(m): 6:08am On Nov 30, 2021
I thought your nephew is about 10y.o or so. But at 5, kids undergo the process of changing their teeth (usually one tooth at a time). It is possible that your nephew's tooth might be "shaking" that very day.

The teacher's story on his tooth fell off isn't convincing. So far, I can infer that your nephew's tooth was shaking, and the teacher did hit his head somewhere.

I am disappointed that "other teachers" saw this and chose to cover up.

Your sister may choose to allow her son continue schooling there, or lay a formal complaint to the head of the school while she looks for a better school.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FUTMINNA Graduating Student Dies On His Way To His Convocation / Jeffrey Jude, Babawale Oludare Emmanuel, Roy-Layinde Bosun, UNILAG Best Students / University Of Abuja Girls Hostel Was Burnt Down.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.