Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? (1121427 Views)

Naira Appreciates Against The Dollar / How Much Did You Exchange The Pound For Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (362) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by damola1: 12:58pm On Jun 09, 2009
@ flemmy,

How can one buy directly from the bank?

THanks.
Damola.
damola@damola.com
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by JJYOU: 1:03pm On Jun 09, 2009
is it possible you guys give £ rates too or do we create a thread for that
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 1:25pm On Jun 09, 2009
damola1:

@ flemmy,

How can one buy directly from the bank?

THanks.
Damola.
damola@damola.com

There are procedures for it.
Like for someone that is traveling and all that.
Have a valid passport.
have a ticket and you can buy up to 4000$, but pls note that your passport will be stamped and you can only buy once in a quarter.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by DOW(m): 2:21pm On Jun 09, 2009
I was refused to buy pound in Lagos just because I did not buy my ticket in Nigeria, despite the  fact that I am holding a Nigerian passport.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 5:36pm On Jun 09, 2009
DOW:

I was refused to buy pound in Lagos just because I did not buy my ticket in Nigeria, despite the the fact that I am hold a Nigeria passport.

that is Nigeria for you, a nation where everyone changes law the way they want.
I am sure the officer just wanna have palm rubbed. tongue
how much is pounds at the official rate and what is the rate at black market.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 09, 2009
DOW:

I was refused to buy pound in Lagos just because I[b] did not buy my ticket in Nigeria[/b], despite the the fact that I am hold a Nigeria passport.

That's very strange, never heard of anyone being refused for that reason. Care to say which bank?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by dvonne(f): 3:01am On Jun 10, 2009
I also got refused from buying dollars directly from bank. This is not good coz now ive to look for some other ways to buy dollar ,
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by damola1: 9:31am On Jun 10, 2009
THey'll simply tell you, it's CBN rule, and since one does not have access to the CBN rules, there's nothing one can do, or worst still, they'll tell you is their bank policy,

Very funny.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 5:17pm On Jun 10, 2009
damola1:

THey'll simply tell you, it's CBN rule, and since one does not have access to the CBN rules, there's nothing one can do, or worst still, they'll tell you is their bank policy,

Very funny.

No be Nigeria?
They are just all messed up
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by manutd1: 9:10pm On Jun 10, 2009
Pls what is the current rate?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by akenzuaII(m): 10:00am On Jun 11, 2009
The rate yesterday was around 173 to the dollar (black market prices)! Note that the dollar is falling (relatively),  so this rate should actually increase today,  am too lazy to check today coz it is raining!!

It was 166 on Monday
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by X2X(m): 2:27pm On Jun 11, 2009
Anyone one has current info on £/₦ please?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by sholatech(m): 7:34pm On Jun 11, 2009
Jeez!!!
Is it really rising?
rushed to change at 166 thinking it wont rise again!!
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by feasy1(m): 12:23pm On Jun 12, 2009
I dont think the dollar falling against other currency affect the rate to Naija Naira. The dollar has been on the decline for quite some time now but the reverse is the case against the Naira. Mixed feeling though
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 1:59pm On Jun 12, 2009
feasy1:

I dont think the dollar falling against other currency affect the rate to Naija Naira. The dollar has been on the decline for quite some time now but the reverse is the case against the Naira. Mixed feeling though

Anything that goes up, must come down, but not in Nigeria.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BOMANY: 3:23pm On Jun 12, 2009
Today was 165.5 in Ikeja
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by naijaman12(m): 3:24pm On Jun 12, 2009
Akenzua_II,

where did you get 172 naira yesterday?  because I don run around for Lagos I no get 172 naira. Na Benin price be that or what?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by manutd1: 3:51pm On Jun 12, 2009
Pls current rate in Lagos
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by nduchucks: 5:17pm On Jun 12, 2009
Today 12/06/2009 Mallams dey buy dollar for N167 and dem dey sell am for N168.5 for Abuja.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by utotomi6(m): 9:33am On Jun 13, 2009
You nairalanders are funny. I remember when Soludo said he wanted to redenominate the Naira to 1 dollar to 1 naira, similar to what Ghana did, many Nairalanders were shouting "no no no we will never become millionaires like that" now some of these same members are asking for the Naira to become stronger. Let's not forget that the naira was once stronger than the dollar before Babangida accepted the IMF loan!!
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by utotomi6(m): 9:42am On Jun 13, 2009
To get the lowest rate or buy naira at bank rate we need to find out were the mallams and abokis are buying their dollars because they are buying it at the bank rate. (we all know banks only sell to travellers and business men, so were are the mallams getting their money from) Once we find out were the mallams get their money from, we can also buy from their source at the bank rate which is cheaper. cool cool cool
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by manutd1: 1:55pm On Jun 13, 2009
Pls what is the rate 2day?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by pumping777(m): 7:45pm On Jun 13, 2009
utotomi6:

You nairalanders are funny. I remember when Soludo said he wanted to redenominate the Naira to 1 dollar to 1 naira, similar to what Ghana did, many Nairalanders were shouting "no no no we will never become millionaires like that" now some of these same members are asking for the Naira to become stronger. Let's not forget that the naira was once stronger than the dollar before Babangida accepted the IMF loan!!

Abeg, no vex. In fact, Babangida did not accept the IMF loan. Nigerians opposed it and he went with the popular opinion. I believe he already decided not to take it before the debate anyway. Instead, they implemented SAP which was recommended by the world bank but sold to us a being home grown and which in fact had conditions not any different from what the IMF was seeking to give us the loan. They had to do something because of the N20B loan weighing us down.

I just thought I'd point it out because this incorrect information is out there. I also read an article recently by a Naija Ph.D holder in Houston, Texas that made the same statement in a publication.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by maballack(m): 12:18am On Jun 14, 2009
chnged @165, in Benin
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by sholatech(m): 12:37am On Jun 16, 2009
Changed in Jos today at 167 naira.guess its now stable at this price
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by DOW(m): 1:50pm On Jun 16, 2009
Pound rate pls?.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by moshino(m): 1:52pm On Jun 16, 2009
sholatech:

maballack:

chnged @165, in Benin

Did you buy or sell @ 167 and 165. Dont just say I changed for 167 or 165. That means nothing and defeats the purpose of this tread.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 2:07pm On Jun 16, 2009
sholatech:

Na wa oh, now stable at 167? that is sad.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by maballack(m): 7:26pm On Jun 16, 2009
Sold $-166 to mallam, Benin
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 5:45pm On Jun 17, 2009
so i guess no one transact $$ today.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by lacicrips(m): 6:56am On Jun 18, 2009
How much today in Lagos? Buy & Sell.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (362) (Reply)

Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜ / EXCLUSIVE : How To Make Level 2 Seller On Fiverr In A Month As A Nigerian Seller

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.