Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,536 members, 7,823,329 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? - Business (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? (1124754 Views)

Naira Appreciates Against The Dollar / How Much Did You Exchange The Pound For Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (362) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 7:12pm On Jul 20, 2009
manutd1:

It seems you didn't have a good deal.

I thot as much too, but when you are not someone to take care of things yourself, that usually happens.
However, for biz to move forward, one has to accept what he gets and move on.

hubreality:

Sell $/154 and buy $/155-156. Good bargains with aboki can get you raw$ @ N155 at Alade market Ikeja, Lagos.
You could ask and know from your bank the official rates. Good to use www.xe.com for world currency conversion rates.

That site is not a true reflection of what what happening in the exchange market in Nigeria, it is usually even lower than the official bank rate, not to talk of the black market
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by FBS: 10:17am On Jul 21, 2009
My mum just told me that it's now N155.5 per $.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by manutd1: 10:31am On Jul 21, 2009
FBS:

My mum just told me that it's now N155.5 per $.

to buy or sell?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by FBS: 1:43pm On Jul 21, 2009
manutd1:

to buy or sell?
To sell.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BAC: 4:29pm On Jul 21, 2009
Where is that Lagos? and where in Lagos?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by manutd1: 4:44pm On Jul 21, 2009
Bought dollar @156 today @ Ikeja
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by myspace(m): 5:49pm On Jul 21, 2009
I bought dollar @ 155 Naira in Ibadan.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by dinggle: 6:23pm On Jul 21, 2009
A friend sold today @ $156 per dollar in Cross river.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by henchmark: 6:32pm On Jul 21, 2009
manutd1:

Bought dollar @156 today @ Ikeja

hi friend or anyone in the know, please where in ikeja can i buy or sell currencies? pls respon ASAP. THANKS.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 8:52pm On Jul 21, 2009
So many of them on Awolowo Road, and Alade market
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by DoubleN(m): 8:36am On Jul 22, 2009
Exchanged the Dollar on Saturday for N155 in Surulere.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BAC: 12:26pm On Jul 22, 2009
Alade market Ikeja. Yesterday evening. My people sold for me at N155.00
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by brtaiwo(m): 8:38pm On Jul 22, 2009
i bought at 156 at black market.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 8:57pm On Jul 22, 2009
Na wa oh, everyone is buying at good price and me buy higher, how unfair could that be?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by mjay(m): 11:29pm On Jul 22, 2009
Hello mjay, what is your mallam phone number?

08023699110 . His name is Sheu
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 3:54pm On Jul 24, 2009
mjay:

08023699110 . His name is Sheu

Sheu said na 156.5 him go sell today
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by defman: 3:56pm On Jul 24, 2009
This Sheu sef na wa o! Thanks for the info
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 7:54pm On Jul 24, 2009
defman:

This Sheu sef na wa o! Thanks for the info

i am surely gonna start using the guy oh for the following reasons:
1. respectful.
2. Biz minded.
3. his customer service is next to none i have seen, in Nigeria where almost everyone just talk anyhow and be rude and besides, it is a sellers market in Nija
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by worldz(m): 11:51am On Jul 27, 2009
Pls i wd like to know how much is GB pounds sterling currently in black market. Thanks!
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by lawyer(m): 4:22pm On Jul 27, 2009
I got it at N155 today at Alade Market Allen!
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Utali(m): 9:16am On Jul 28, 2009
How much is dollars in the black market?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by charles88(m): 8:39pm On Jul 28, 2009
I changed the dollar for #154 today in benin.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by defman: 9:45pm On Jul 28, 2009
charles88:

I changed the dollar for #154 today in benin.
Wow, that sounds good, that means it'll be less in Lagos. Hopefully it'll drop to 150 by weekend
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by dinggle: 12:33am On Jul 29, 2009
If you think dollar is gonna drop think again, the price is already going up at the dutch auction system, the only reason it has not reflected in the black market is (a) the already high margin level (b) the mallams/alhajis are trying hard not to make it look as if their own (lamido) is weak when it comes to forex. When the bubble becomes to heavy it will burst then we all will confess. The current price at the black market is artificial, i say hold on to your dollars if you have any, and if you need to buy, buy now.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Beextra(m): 11:02am On Jul 29, 2009
dinggle:

If you think dollar is gonna drop think again, the price is already going up at the dutch auction system, the only reason it has not reflected in the black market is (a) the already high margin level (b) the mallams/alhajis are trying hard not to make it look as if their own (lamido) is weak when it comes to forex. When the bubble becomes to heavy it will burst then we all will confess. The current price at the black market is artificial, i say hold on to your dollars if you have any, and if you need to buy, buy now.

I think its more of the oil price stabilising above the $50 mark,thats the only bubble that can burst the present rate of exchange.Panic buying shouldnt be encouraged.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by zeugirdory: 10:53am On Jul 30, 2009
nice to post there men,

assurance
complementaire sante
- Faut-il recourir à
une mutuelle ou une assurance complémentaire santé ? A cette question,
90% des français
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by morenike20: 4:57pm On Jul 30, 2009
I tried to buy $ today but the mallan told me that it has gone up again. I changed last week for $156, yesterday, he told me it is 155, today when I tried to buy, he said it has gone up to 157. I have not purchased it. PLEASE anyone bought today?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by nduchucks: 7:16pm On Jul 30, 2009
Forex: Naira strengthens at parallel market

Contrary to the marginal losses of the naira to the dollar as witnessed from last week, the local currency appreciated at the parallel market yesterday.

The dollar was exchanged for the naira at N152 against N154 last Monday, indicating a gain of N2.

Should the trend continue, the traders said a convergence of the parallel and official market rates was possible within the next two weeks.

Naira had lost N1.03 to the dollar last Monday, been the first auction day in the bi-weekly Wholesale Dutch Auction System (WDAS). The local currency had closed last weekend at N147.38 to the greenback.

Inter-bank foreign exchange rate was N152.50/$1 yesterday as against N152/$1 last Monday and N149.50/$1 last weekend.

The dealers said the black market was responding to the liberalisation of the market, which they admitted has enhanced the funding of that window.

The CBN had in furtherance of an efficient foreign exchange market liberalised the transactions.

Among the steps taken, which operators said had buoyed the market especially the parallel segment include the Integration of both classes ‘A’ and ‘B’ BDCs to the official window.

The CBN is currently implementing cash sales to Bureaux de Change as a key component of the liberalised forex market.

It had announced that it would disburse foreign exchange to BDCs at the clearing rate of the immediate past WDAS session and that all BDCs were required to sell at no more than two per cent spread above the CBN selling rate. That, the dealers said was also helping to moderate the rates at the retail end of the market.

Meanwhile, rates at the inter-bank money trading remained within the region of last week. The Nigerian Interbank Offer Rate (NIBOR) for call was yesterday at 10.4588 per cent and the 7 day paper 12.4167 per cent. The 30 day NIBOR was 14.6667 per cent; 60 day 15.6250 per cent; 180 day 16.9167 per cent and the 365 day fund 17.0838 per cent.

Source: http://odili.net/news/source/2009/jul/29/206.html

We go soon begin to buy dollar for N149 - N152   cheesy
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 30, 2009
I bought $ for 155-156 NGN today, Aboki embarassed

Bank don't wanna sell USD!! shit!!
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BAC: 9:33am On Jul 31, 2009
In the UK we are watching Nigeria closely. I don't know how they will sustain the strength of Naira in the long term when the amount of oil barrels coming out of Nigeria has reduced considerably. I am waiting to see where we are at the end of next quarter. Naira is not set free yet in my own opinion DYOR
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Sleekfun: 11:55am On Jul 31, 2009
todays currency exchange of dollar to Naira is 152 Naira to 1 dollar.You may choose to confirm on www.coinmill.com.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by feasy1(m): 7:48am On Aug 01, 2009
Sleekfun:

todays currency exchange of dollar to Naira is 152 Naira to 1 dollar.You may choose to confirm on www.coinmill.com.

The same link coinmill.com has it at 157 naira to a dollar today. Guess the sudden rise might be attributed to this

Naira Slumps as CBN Protects Reserves

The naira declined to its weakest level in at least 15 years yesterday as the Central Bank of Nigeria limited  the supply of dollars at its weekly auctions to protect the nation’s foreign reserves.
“The naira slipped to N156.85 to the dollar by 11 a.m. yesterday. That’s the weakest level since at least 1994, according to Bloomberg data,” Citigroup Inc said in a client note yesterday.
The CBN manages the naira exchange rate by controlling the amount of dollars it supplies to banks at auctions held on Mondays and Wednesdays every week.
CBN sold $183.7 million to commercial banks at its most recent auction on Wednesday, July 29, below the demand of $604.84 million.
The decline in the naira sparked off “panic” sales of naira for dollars by Nigerian businesses “who feared the local currency could dip further and hurt their operations,” Citigroup noted.
“The central bank simply isn’t meeting the demand for dollars in Nigeria at its bi-weekly auctions. We suspect it’s because they don’t want to run down their foreign reserves,” Leon Myburgh, a fixed-income and currency strategist for sub-Saharan Africa at Citigroup, said in an interview.
Nigeria’s foreign reserves slumped 19 per cent to $43.2 billion by July 3, compared with $53 billion at the end of December, CBN Governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi said on July 7.
The naira has lost almost a quarter of its value since the end of November last year when the global financial crisis first began, sparking a slump in the price of oil, which accounts for about 90 percent of Nigeria’s export revenue.

Do i sense another rise in the exchange rate of dollars to naira, next few days will tell,
http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=150327

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (362) (Reply)

Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜ / EXCLUSIVE : How To Make Level 2 Seller On Fiverr In A Month As A Nigerian Seller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.