Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,857 members, 7,810,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? - Business (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? (1121602 Views)

Naira Appreciates Against The Dollar / How Much Did You Exchange The Pound For Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (362) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by screamTC(m): 10:18pm On May 05, 2016
I am looking at N300 to a dollar
BitterTruthUass:
What rate are you looking at buying?

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nsonaso(m): 11:17pm On May 05, 2016
BitterTruthUass:
What rate are you looking at buying?

@N207 to $1 LOL
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by bonitical: 3:01am On May 06, 2016
is that d current rate?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by bonitical: 3:02am On May 06, 2016
Nsonaso:
@N207 to $1 LOL
is dat d current rate?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BitterTruthUass(f): 7:47am On May 06, 2016
Haha this guy that wants to buy house in Lekki frm selling Amazon Gift cards you again cheesy

Nsonaso:
@N207 to $1 LOL
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nsonaso(m): 8:26am On May 06, 2016
BitterTruthUass:
Haha this guy that wants to buy house in Lekki frm selling Amazon Gift cards you again cheesy

Sorry that you're pained. Remember you asking me and Tomababa to sell Amazon Gift Card @207. It's called the return of the ministry part 1
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nsonaso(m): 8:31am On May 06, 2016
bonitical:
is dat d current rate?
yeah, I think that's how BitterTruthUass sells her $
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by mrcodebreaker: 9:07am On May 06, 2016
Mariesio:
Hi guys, who knows Standard Chartered rate for USD ?

275.75 Naira to a dollar as at yesterday. Better than Stanbic
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by mrcodebreaker: 9:07am On May 06, 2016
pickabeau1:
Any idea on how much standard chartered is charging

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by tosinjay(m): 9:14am On May 06, 2016
mrcodebreaker:

Please what's their requirements for opening an account. I just opened stanbic account and they rasied their rate. Never made any transaction with their account. I learnt standard chartered minimum account opening balance is 200k is that true and what more?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BitterTruthUass(f): 9:59am On May 06, 2016
Haha no I'm ok, my service is a mediator so I find who wants to buy and who wants to sell. I actually bought over $2000 at d rate of N206 last month solid cash.

Any rate is possible to buy usd, I have access to buying usd cash anytime at 250 for any amount.

Nsonaso:

Sorry that you're pained. Remember you asking me and Tomababa to sell Amazon Gift Card @207. It's called the return of the ministry part 1
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by pickabeau1: 10:28am On May 06, 2016
mrcodebreaker:

Thanks
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Mariesio: 11:16am On May 06, 2016
mrcodebreaker:

Wao, someone told me but I wanted to confirm . Pls what's the required documents for opening account and their minimum bal
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by rmx1: 11:45am On May 06, 2016
@
BitterTruthUass:
Haha no I'm ok, my service is a mediator so I find who wants to buy and who wants to sell. I actually bought over $2000 at d rate of N206 last month solid cash.
Any rate is possible to buy usd, I have access to buying usd cash anytime at 250 for any amount.

@ Bitter truth, interested ,call me 08052713646
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Infinitikoncept(m): 3:53pm On May 06, 2016
mrcodebreaker:

What is their daily limit?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Humblega(m): 5:15pm On May 06, 2016
mrcodebreaker:

Are you using it or u heard from some1?

I just called their CC number, 1 Indian guy had conversations with me at Lenght .He was saying that they will charge the amount + 33%

I was confused and asked the guy to make illustratn by assuming that am shopping for item worth $100 on foreign site. After few minutes delay with keyboards sounds he said that is #19,900
Unfortunately, the network problem interrupted our conversations.

I now assume that he meant 199+33% (commision)
With that it is #264.67.

Now confused. am eager to get tangible info about ds bank.
Some said u can't use their atm for international transactn while abokifx is showing 276 for Standard chaterred online transaction rete for today

I need info frm pple using d bank or atleast more knowledgeable about d bank
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by mrcodebreaker: 4:14am On May 07, 2016
Mariesio:

Wao, someone told me but I wanted to confirm . Pls what's the required documents for opening account and their minimum bal

You got to have references from account users and it must not be from people using it as a salary account. They too get issue sha. It takes about 15 to 20 working days to get get everything down to cheque book. The bank it mostly for multinational and foreign staff so their policy is very very stringent. Its about 50K minimum.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by mrcodebreaker: 4:15am On May 07, 2016
tosinjay:

Please what's their requirements for opening an account. I just opened stanbic account and they rasied their rate. Never made any transaction with their account. I learnt standard chartered minimum account opening balance is 200k is that true and what more?

You got to have references from account users and it must not be from people using it as a salary account. They too get issue sha. It takes about 15 to 20 working days to get get everything down to cheque book. The bank it mostly for multinational and foreign staff so their policy is very very stringent. Its about 50K minimum.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by tosinjay(m): 4:30am On May 07, 2016
mrcodebreaker:

Thanks, don't they run savings account? This reference, you mean another of their account holder's reference?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by mrcodebreaker: 4:44am On May 07, 2016
tosinjay:

Thanks, don't they run savings account? This reference, you mean another of their account holder's reference?

They do. But it must be from Standard Chartered. If you have someone working in a Multinational or United Nations, World Bank etc that can reference you and doesn't use the account for salary then no wahala. but the process na die. They stopped foreign transactions with their card since the beginning of this year and just resumed. There is no point opening account and then the rate going up. Same as what happened with me in Stanbic. Basically they tell you to open a Dollar Dorm Account.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by bdavis: 5:02am On May 07, 2016
mrcodebreaker:

Visited Standard Chartered on Opebi, was told minimum account opening balance is 100k for savings and 500k for current/corporate account. And I didn't like the customer service at all.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Mariesio: 6:33am On May 07, 2016
mrcodebreaker:

Hmm, how do I get people using the bank .
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by mrcodebreaker: 8:44am On May 07, 2016
bdavis:

Visited Standard Chartered on Opebi, was told minimum account opening balance is 100k for savings and 500k for current/corporate account. And I didn't like the customer service at all.

I am a current account user
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by tosinjay(m): 9:09am On May 07, 2016
mrcodebreaker:

They do. But it must be from Standard Chartered. If you have someone working in a Multinational or United Nations, World Bank etc that can reference you and doesn't use the account for salary then no wahala. but the process na die. They stopped foreign transactions with their card since the beginning of this year and just resumed. There is no point opening account and then the rate going up. Same as what happened with me in Stanbic. Basically they tell you to open a Dollar Dorm Account.
All these banks sha, i no wan talk wetin dey my mind. Where will i find someone working in the moon na? It's like mission impossible sef. Except dem allow non reference if na for the 50k or more no ish for most people. Even if na 500k but this their requirements seem like saying to someone politely, "use the next door please " when it's an insult.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by tosinjay(m): 9:11am On May 07, 2016
mrcodebreaker:

I am a current account user
Abeg reference me na. Oluwa go do ya owns.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by EnterPRO: 9:13am On May 07, 2016
bdavis:

but the AC make brain?

I hear say dem get am for restrooms sef. grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by tosinjay(m): 9:49am On May 07, 2016
EnterPRO:

but the AC make brain?

I hear say dem get am for restrooms sef.

Ac, na Ac person wan chop? Save us some dollar, we will buy our own AC na..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (362) (Reply)

Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜ / EXCLUSIVE : How To Make Level 2 Seller On Fiverr In A Month As A Nigerian Seller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.