Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,075 members, 7,825,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award (36347 Views)

‘Leaked’ Ballon D’or List Reveals Robert Lewandowski As Winner / Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot / Georgina Rodriguez Reacts As Messi Wins Ballon D’or (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by tutudesz: 8:55am On Nov 30, 2021
lichocho:
una problem be say betting Nd checking of LiveScore don make una no de see clear again..I no even sure say u don check head to head before u begin talk so
Head to Head sat on what undecided u dey even watch German league
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Maximar: 8:55am On Nov 30, 2021
maiquel:

After Messi's 7th, it is now useless... cheesy
Cry me a lagoon grin

Pẹlẹ o.
Asides Messi been an undeserving winner, Jorginho deserves no place in the top 3
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Newton85: 8:56am On Nov 30, 2021
"Butthurt Penaldo fanboys accuse Ballon d'or organizers of cheating Lewandowski." Fixed for you.
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Chachamiliano: 8:56am On Nov 30, 2021
[quote author=Mirablinks10 post=108079420][/quote]

They will never see the stats. All they know is goal. An award organised by Europe, is being won by a South American and dominating it and yet people are crying foul play. That shows you how good and talented Messi is.

This is just a case of a visitor beating you in your house and you are shouting Ojoro.

All Pendu fans sorry
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Omonigeriarere: 8:56am On Nov 30, 2021
22o62021:
lipsrsealed

It is a scam

In 2017
Alexis Sanchez has the same points with Messi

He won Copa America and FA cup with highest goal scorer on the Copa America competition

But was denied

Now messi only won Copa America

Same way sneilder was robbed in 2010

Balon D’or is now a joke

Alex report award is now more meaningful that it

Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by lomprico(m): 8:57am On Nov 30, 2021
After the gave the award to modric instead of Ronaldo, I knew ballon d'or has been hijacked and is a farce.
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by shuttox: 8:58am On Nov 30, 2021
ThierryJay:
Lol, the wailing losers have started their lamentations in full force. Good thing is they are all football illiterates and their moans wont move anybody of note. Messi won cos of the below:

1. Ballon D'or cannot be rigged cos it's by transparent voting from football experts.

2. Ballon D'or is not an award for highest goal scorer of the year as the pendoramic numbskulls have been insinuating, if it was so, Thierry henry would have won it in 2003, Messi would have won it in 2018 and Mario Gomez would have won it in 2009. Ballon Dor is about the brilliance of your overall personal influence and contribution to your team's wins.

3. Messi won the award the minute he won Copa America as its best player and highest goal scorer and Lewy did not go far in the UCL. To the informed football literati, leading your team to win the Copa international tournament after 28 solid years carries more weight than the annual Bundesliga win.

4.Those who are trying to downplay the Copa are simply deluded. Rivaldo and Ronaldo won Ballondor solely due to their exploits in Copa win in 99 and 97 respectively. In fact, only CR7 has won Ballon dor after Euro win in the past 24 years.

5. In most cases, Ballon dor winner is based on what transpired from past season up till August. Current season form rarely influences the results. It's for this reason that Modric won in 2018, Cannavaro won in 2006, Nedved won in 2003, Kaka won in 2007 and now Messi in 2021. Those touting Messi's relatively poor league form as a reason for not deserving it are simply blind students of football history.

6. Let's get this straight, CR7 fans are just severely pained and are just bringing up any excuse no matter how illogical to belittle Messi's win. This farce of a clamour isn't out of love for Lewandowski. But like I said, their opinions are inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.
If you know what is football politics you go calm down
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Oritna94(m): 8:58am On Nov 30, 2021
Na voting nah. Abi Una understand what voting is again. Popular choice carries the day. Shikenna. Kalas!!
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Chachamiliano: 8:59am On Nov 30, 2021
tutudesz:

Bros you Google and do their head to head stats.

Messi was not a candidate till Copa America where he played all his heart out. His goal in the tournament was just to have an international trophy for Argentina. Yet Oluwa come add topping for am with Ballon d or. Immediately Messi won that cup, he knew there was no stopping him winning the Ballon d or
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Omonigeriarere: 8:59am On Nov 30, 2021
redcliff:
lets not lie to ourselves, that award was not for messi. he was below par for the considered season.. imagine giving Salah ballon dor because he won Afcon, this wont happen.

Based on what parameter?
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by tunero1010(m): 9:00am On Nov 30, 2021
If Ronaldo was given the ballon d'Or for just scoring in man u, his fans would be shouting" yea yea..he is the greatest and has proved him self in heaven and on earth" they will ignore the fact that it's just for scoring in man u this season.....

But when Messi has all those stats it suddenly turns to politics and robbery..
Hmm
Don't worry you'll choke to death by the time he wins his 8th ballon d'Or...

All those ones shouting robbery doesn't really like lewandowski but they feel pain because the winner is not their ronaldo.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Omonigeriarere: 9:01am On Nov 30, 2021
Sotland:
The Ballon d'Or became a thing of joke since 2010.Wesley Sneijder was robbed of a well deserved Ballon d’Or in broad daylight, it was a blatant case of injustice. Again in 2018, C Ronaldo was robbed of a well deserved Ballon d'Or. The award has lost it prestige with favourism..

Lewandowski truly deserve this award and not messi.

And who was robbed here?
If goal and assist is the main reason for winning Ballon D'or then Messi deserves 9 Ballon D'or.

Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by shuttox: 9:01am On Nov 30, 2021
horllytee:
Check their stat b4 complaining.RIBERY was once robbed for RONALDO and u ppl didn't complain...How many goals has MODRIC wen he won d award?
I complained...
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Adakintroy: 9:01am On Nov 30, 2021
wunmi590:

It was so visible and so glaring to the world that, Lewandowski was cheated to this award......

If I were the organiser, if Lewandowski won't be winning this year award, his award should also have been caved for him and be presented to him this year, along with messi.....

That guy deserve this award, this people are fraud, even messi himself knows he doesn't deserve the award at all, that was why he said he should presented with his award to have it at home too

This type of thing demoralised players from performing to their best, reason why mbappe wanted to leave psg, because no matter how he plays, they would still favour messi more than him

Let mpape perform better than messi first..nobody favours anyone better. It's on performance. Everyone be can see it.
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by mrgreen4real(m): 9:02am On Nov 30, 2021
WibusJaga:

But isn't there a laid-down transparent procedure for selecting winner of the Ballon d'Or. So why all the fuss?
Just like FIFA ranking, if you ask 10 different people they may come up with ten different rankings but then FIFA has its laid down procedures in which they try to be as objective as possible.
Ogbeni! if you believe that budget padding, election rigging, match fixing, scam, ... are real then expect anything to happen in this crazy world. Don't always believe what pple do.
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Kayzcarter: 9:02am On Nov 30, 2021
Sotland:
The Ballon d'Or became a thing of joke since 2010.Wesley Sneijder was robbed of a well deserved Ballon d’Or in broad daylight, it was a blatant case of injustice. Again in 2018, C Ronaldo was robbed of a well deserved Ballon d'Or. The award has lost it prestige with favourism..

Lewandowski truly deserve this award and not messi.
Sneijder didn't even make top 3 that year
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Banter1(m): 9:02am On Nov 30, 2021
Fyie:
I didn't read through....but I sha know the post is about MESSI(GOAT)

All these Penaldo fans no go let us hear word
so anyone that is against messi is a Ronaldo fan abi? SMH head in disgust.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Abdul4trust1(m): 9:05am On Nov 30, 2021
OVB123:
Rubbish award, messi doesn't deserve the award.
that award is not fifa award but France football journalists award.
Messi moving to psg could be the reason he was given the award.
Everything is politics.
Messi was not more outstanding than any of the last five players on the list.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by TheOgaBoss: 9:05am On Nov 30, 2021
Omonigeriarere:

Based on what parameter?
is afcon not equivalent to Copa del Rey?
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by pafo(m): 9:05am On Nov 30, 2021
WibusJaga:

But isn't there a laid-down transparent procedure for selecting winner of the Ballon d'Or. So why all the fuss?
Just like FIFA ranking, if you ask 10 different people they may come up with ten different rankings but then FIFA has its laid down procedures in which they try to be as objective as possible.

You put "objectivity" in the same sentence as FIFA? Them and UEFA are as corrupt as they come. These awards have lost all credibility.
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by lichocho(m): 9:06am On Nov 30, 2021
tutudesz:

oya put d h2h make we check
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by pafo(m): 9:06am On Nov 30, 2021
Risingblue008:
Messi this
Messi that
Messi me
Messi you

Those saying that measi don't deserve it should go nd die,,
Messi is a gifted player
While others r hardworking players

I'm not saying Ronaldo,lewan et etal r not good oo
But u can't compare messi with Dem
The truth of the matter is that to me Messi deserves it 10times
Thanks

Three years ago yes! This year he is finished. Simple!
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by lichocho(m): 9:06am On Nov 30, 2021
Lemmy123:

Die hard Messi fan, you're seen
i agree but put the h2h make we check
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by horllytee(m): 9:07am On Nov 30, 2021
To FIFA?
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by shuttox: 9:07am On Nov 30, 2021
Abdul4trust1:
that award is not fifa award but France football journalists award.
Messi moving to psg could be the reason he was given the award.
Everything is politics.
Messi was not more outstanding than any of the last five players on the list.
I concur
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by mrgreen4real(m): 9:07am On Nov 30, 2021
tunero1010:
If Ronaldo was given the ballon d'Or for just scoring in man u, his fans would be shouting" yea yea..he is the greatest and has proved him self in heaven and on earth" they will ignore the fact that it's just for scoring in man u this season.....

But when Messi has all those stats it suddenly turns to politics and robbery..
Hmm
Don't worry you'll choke to death by the time he wins his 8th ballon d'Or...

All those ones shouting robbery doesn't really like lewandowski but they feel pain because the winner is not their ronaldo.
All these Messi fans wey still dey under their parents roof. Ronaldo wasn't robbed but Lewandoski. You pple will not read news and comprehend you will come up with sentimental reasons against your football roll model counterpart. wise up guy.
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Mccullum: 9:08am On Nov 30, 2021
2020-21
MESSI: Overated
LEWANDOWSKI: Underated
RONALDO: Unnoticed
LUKAKU: Unappreciated
BENZEMA: Unrecognized
Between Messi and Ronaldo none of them deserved this year's Ballon d'Or and the ceremony was a disgrace to modern day football!!⚽�‍♂️�

I'll be calling this French Dior, let other countries get their own Diors, the player that won most in different countries can be declared the best in the world.
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Lordedifice1: 9:10am On Nov 30, 2021
Chelsea fans are in depression
When you win champions league doesn't qualify you to win the Ballon D'or
Its your achievements in league and country tournaments that gives you the win

Lewandowski no even deserve am even though he's good.
When i saw the contenders i never felt any Chelsea player would win it
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Lashist(m): 9:11am On Nov 30, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
Premium tears for Haters.. grin
I heard the other award was sent to dubai..They can have dubai d'or and be happy cheesy
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by uniqueboi1(m): 9:11am On Nov 30, 2021
Omonigeriarere:

And who was robbed here?
If goal and assist is the main reason for winning Ballon D'or then Messi deserves 9 Ballon D'or.

Bross them dae owe Messi 3 more Ballon D'Or. As per pendubugs yardstick.
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Lashist(m): 9:12am On Nov 30, 2021
Mccullum:
2020-21
MESSI: Overated
LEWANDOWSKI: Underated
RONALDO: Unnoticed
LUKAKU: Unappreciated
BENZEMA: Unrecognized
Between Messi and Ronaldo none of them deserved this year's Ballon d'Or and the ceremony was a disgrace to modern day football!!⚽�‍♂️�

I'll be calling this French Dior, let other countries get their own Diors, the player that won most in different countries can be declared the best in the world.
There is a dubai d'or coming soon brethren cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Drunkard1: 9:13am On Nov 30, 2021
Risingblue008:
Messi this
Messi that
Messi me
Messi you

Those saying that measi don't deserve it should go nd die,,
Messi is a gifted player
While others r hardworking players

I'm not saying Ronaldo,lewan et etal r not good oo
But u can't compare messi with Dem
The truth of the matter is that to me Messi deserves it 10times
Thanks
cos messi is good should be given the award wen not on his prime. Even kante deserve it more than messi. I do support messi as my favorite player but i hate cheating. Lewa deserve it not cos i like him too but cos he proved it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Zidane Set To Make First Signing As Real Madrid Agrees €50m Deal / Serena Williams In Tears After Injury In Rogers Cup Final, Touching (Photos) / Nigerian Fans Meeting Ethiopian Fans In Addis Ababa Before The Match (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.