Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? (40350 Views)

Motives Could Save Your Life / 5 Reasons Why You Should Opt For Eco-friendly Mattresses / Types Of Wedding Invitation Cards That A Couple Can Opt For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Oblongata: 2:55pm On Dec 04, 2021
Mercychen:
Hi fam.

Something has been bothering me of late and leaving me emotionally and mentally stressed and drained for the past weeks and I'm cut between the devil and the deep blue sea.

There's this bro we're trying to see if we can work things out. though, I never really wanted anything relationship again or at least for now until I'm decided later in the future on what I really want for myself.

Before, I delve into the main discuss , let
me quickly highlight how it all started.

Some months back, My publisher came to deliver the books I ordered for. So while sorting the books, he just got teasing me like " Babes, na wa o. What's up with your romantic life now?. I've never seen you pulling with anyone. It's always work, biz Money money money I see you pursuing. Lol... I just told him, guy, free me abeg and I went on counting the books at the boot of his car.

He now walked up to me and said, on a more serious note, what is happening? So I told him it's a personal choice cos I dont have the strength for relationship brouhaha now. He agreed with me that truly its not easy and even as a married man, he too feels the heat but the good thing is, he married in the Lord. So I should choose wisely from among the brethren.

So he said, he has this family friend, an eligible bachelor, who wants a decent lady and I'm the one that comes to mind each time the guy mentions it because since he's be dealing with me, he can vouch that I'm a very honest, hard-working and decent lady. So he would want the bro to have me.
That was how I got to meet bro.

Now fastforward to the main reason of this post.
There was this particular day we tripped out to cool off and discuss about US. So we got talking and planning on how to build our home in a way that we will not be caught unawares with some setbacks and unplanned responsibilities. So the issue of children came up and I suggested we have only one, which he reluctantly accepted after much convincing. So we tried to look at ways we can maintain that decision and I suggested a vasectomy. citing the possibilities of health risks (as a result of mismatches ) and failures that might occur if the family planning is done on me but with vasectomy, no issues. He looked me in the eyes and said, "my darling" no!

I was dumbfounded.... And became a little worried because, if he has no plans of having more children, why would he kick against the idea of a vasectomy?

If we are going to be one and follow one course, why shying away from a plan that will benefit us as a couple and a family?

Could it be, he only agreed to have one with me and plans to have more else where?
Is vasectomy a life threatening condition?

I was still trying to wrap my head around his refusal, when he said, it will be done on you ( the family planning). That instant, I felt all alone, like im on my own. So I told him I needed to cool off, and he said feel free.
I left the tent and went to the waters prentending to be playing with the water. He came and dragged me out of the water. we strolled without a word and I asked him to take me home. He did.

He called when he got home. I was cold to him so, he promised to call again but since then Ive refused to pick his calls or reply his texts.

The big question is ..
WHY DID HE BLUNTLY REFUSE A VASECTOMY?

COULD HE HAVE ULTERIOR MOTIVES?

IS IT NOT BETTER TO OPT OUT NOW THAN PRETEND I DIDN'T GET THE MESSAGE AND END UP IN REGRETS?

WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHEN A MAN KICKS AGAINST VASECTOMY?
I don’t want to sound rude but you are VERY SELFISH! you are already trying to control the poor brother when you guys are not married. You want him to take a life decision and you want to impose it on him. Your reaction to him is self centered and crazy. May God give the good brother an understanding and caring wife (obviously not you).

6 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by iamdapsyj(m): 2:55pm On Dec 04, 2021
Mercychen:

A slight twist you call it but I've heard of so many women who later had issues with family planning they did.

It's easier for the men because their system is not so complex like that of women.

We already discussed about all the other methods especially condom and he said, for how long is he going to be using condom on his life time wife. He already kicked against the idea.

Woh, I'm tired.

Aunty, since you want to have only one child and he is not on the same page with you please let go of the relationship and let that man find his own wife.

What you requested for is a huge risk. The western world that even brought about the vasectomy thing is not even a prevalent procedure in their various countries

You seem to be one of those ladies that want to be dominant in their relationship (which is not bad so far your partner permits that) hence you need to still sojourn in finding the partner you want or better still find a sperm donor and do the needful.

3 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by UDUJ(m): 2:56pm On Dec 04, 2021
Sirqt5:
Dis 45 year old again wit her fake stories

Thank God I am not the only one that noticed. She is a pathetic liar. Those of us old timers know her from her previous monikers. Attention seeking bitch.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by flokii: 2:56pm On Dec 04, 2021
See this selfish reasoning.. you want them to experiment on the guy while you go about your own business with your body intact.

The guy sef must be a big simp to have agreed to only one child. If marriage no hungry you, na by force?

Get a sperm donor and fertilize one of your plenty eggs to have one child, then you can comfortably live like Linda Ikeji, Tonto Dikeh, Tiwa savage and the likes. Rubbish!

3 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by ugotaya: 2:56pm On Dec 04, 2021
Richy4:

grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
We have to hold u.. U don't have to say anything anymore..This one u have said is enough cheesy

Brothers should watch out for all these narcissist women that will not only ruin their life but also their destiny. ha haaaaaaaaaaa.

1 Like

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by efighter: 2:56pm On Dec 04, 2021
MufasaLion:
Vasectomy needs more awareness. Most men don't understand how it is and most people don't even know it exist. You just gotta talk to him and explain things to him. Most people believes family planning is only done to the females.

Moreover, ego is among the reasons he kicks against vasectomy. An average African man wouldn't want to live his life knowing his semen is useless.

This one is a traitor among men, and traitors die miserably

7 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Iamthoney(m): 2:57pm On Dec 04, 2021
People dey ooo. You succeeded in convincing Oga to accept your one child policy and you still want him to go for vasectomy? If una pikin go die early nko wetin go happen? You go ask Oga to go for reversal so una go fit born again? Oga don calculate future possibilities wey fit happen. If you no wan born again go tie up your womb permanently and don’t drag the poor man into it cos you can’t eat your cake and have it. Only you want one pikin only you still want Oga to run vasectomy, no be juju be that?

1 Like

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by mastermaestro(m): 2:58pm On Dec 04, 2021
Marriage never dey hungry this one. grin Having a single child is like having a one goal lead in an ongoing match. Make your deductions whichever way you want. grin

After asking the man to destroy his fertility while you keep yours, what becomes of him when something goes wrong between you both in the near future? It means you would have rendered him useless. A very funny and evil demand. grin You want to render him useless after just one child. That man should run away!

Do you even know how it feels like to be impotent? Yes, impotent because the semen will be useless whether it's a little drop or a tankful. You want to take away his manhood just like that? shocked

I think you should go for adoption and avoid marriage all together. You don't seem to be into marriage. Whoever ends up with you will be making a great mistake... No offence intended. sad

Conclusion. Adopt a child and stay unmarried. sad

1 Like

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Jiroville300: 2:59pm On Dec 04, 2021
Mercychen:

You are the one who needs to shut that gutter you call a mouth and have been using to spew trash all over the place.

Common sense they say is not common otherwise you would have reasoned that every one is entitled to their choices and what they want in a relationship regardless of what the other person or society thinks. Dumbo!
It's now Left for both parties to agree on common grounds or disagree and go their separate ways.

Just try to be logic in your reasoning for once and stop sounding sentimental like a broken record.

Some of you men want more than what you can cater for and later you start seeking help from your single friends to feed the battlion you formed in future.

We are trying to be proactive about such situations to avoid overpopulating the country, you're here crying like someone cheated of his birthright.

Buzz off and don't even dare mention me.

Look at the Embolden statement and ask yourself .. do this make sense ? if everyone is so selfish would there be any need for a relationship ? you actually sound like you grew up in a home deviod of love and maybe lacking in resources also ...

you dont need a partner .. u need a surrogate baby and that would save somebodys son from this life of torture u have planned

you sound like real liability for any man at this point ....

3 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by 77up(m): 2:59pm On Dec 04, 2021
Mercychen:
Hi fam.

Something has been bothering me of late and leaving me emotionally and mentally stressed and drained for the past weeks and I'm cut between the devil and the deep blue sea.

There's this bro we're trying to see if we can work things out. though, I never really wanted anything relationship again or at least for now until I'm decided later in the future on what I really want for myself.

Some months back, My publisher came to deliver the books I ordered for. So while sorting the books, he just got teasing me like " Babes, na wa o. What's up with your romantic life now?. I've never seen you pulling with anyone. It's always work, biz Money money money I see you pursuing. Lol... I just told him, guy, free me abeg and I went on counting the books at the boot of his car.

He now walked up to me and said, on a more serious note, what is happening? So I told him it's a personal choice cos I dont have the strength for relationship brouhaha now. He agreed with me that truly its not easy and even as a married man, he too feels the heat but the good thing is, he married in the Lord. So I should choose wisely from among the brethren.

So he said, he has this family friend, an eligible bachelor, who wants a decent lady and I'm the one that comes to mind each time the guy mentions it because since he's be dealing with me, he can vouch that I'm a very honest, hard-working and decent lady. So he would want the bro to have me.

There was this particular day we tripped out to cool off and discuss about US. So we got talking and planning on how to build our home in a way that we will not be caught unawares with some setbacks and unplanned responsibilities. So the issue of children came up and I suggested we have only one, which he reluctantly accepted after much convincing. So we tried to look at ways we can maintain that decision and I suggested a vasectomy. citing the possibilities of health risks (as a result of mismatches ) and failures that might occur if the family planning is done on me but with vasectomy, no issues. He looked me in the eyes and said, "my darling" no!

I was dumbfounded.... And became a little worried because, if he has no plans of having more children, why would he kick against the idea of a vasectomy?

If we are going to be one and follow one course, why shying away from a plan that will benefit us as a couple and a family?

Could it be, he only agreed to have one with me and plans to have more else where?

I was still trying to wrap my head around his refusal, when he said, it will be done on you ( the family planning). That instant, I felt all alone, like im on my own. So I told him I needed to cool off, and he said feel free.
I left the tent and went to the waters prentending to be playing with the water. He came and dragged me out of the water. we strolled without a word and I asked him to take me home. He did.

He called when he got home. I was cold to him so, he promised to call again but since then Ive refused to pick his calls or reply his texts.

The big question is ..

IS IT NOT BETTER TO OPT OUT NOW THAN PRETEND I DIDN'T GET THE MESSAGE AND END UP IN REGRETS?

May God protect innocent men from your lot,amen !

2 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by gstream: 3:00pm On Dec 04, 2021
Lighter note ke?.
This is what Yoruba call Agbako...may God deliver our children from ladies of this ilk. Amin
Pinkzebra:
He doesn't have an ulterior motive, but he is scared . As an African man, knowing he can't impregnate a woman and doing that willinging will wreck his ego. Since you brought the game of having one child , then cut off your fallopian tube . Is not risky , at least you get your period and get to enjoy sex without fear of pregnancy . So bear the burnt and leave him out or better still keep trying until you get a man who will dance to your tune .

On a lighter note : may my son not meet a woman like you, iseeeee!

1 Like

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Pidginboss: 3:00pm On Dec 04, 2021
I am married for 15years and have 2kids by choice. But my wife wants more na me dey make sure say cum no cum inside, condom sweet e no sweet i de manage am like that and I know her cycle like my bank account. Since it is your choice to have one child you should carry the weightier responsibility.

4 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by ugotaya: 3:01pm On Dec 04, 2021
Richy4:

grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
We have to hold u.. U don't have to say anything anymore..This one u have said is enough cheesy

Brothers should watch out for all these narcissist women that will not only ruin their life but also their destiny. ha haaaaaaaaaaa.
Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Sezzybb(m): 3:02pm On Dec 04, 2021
That's very selfish of you (@op). Why would you tell a man to do a vasectomy instead of you since you don't want more than one child, do you know the risk of him doing such?do you know the magnitude of what you're asking?do you know the kind of shame it's gonna bring upon him?.... If a lady tells me this, I'd see it as a huge red flag and cut the relationship straight-off

1 Like

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by deavicky(m): 3:02pm On Dec 04, 2021
Mercychen:
Hi fam.

The big question is ..

since it's your idea, why not remove your womb?. Instead you prefer vasectomy for the man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by iyke2frankeze: 3:04pm On Dec 04, 2021
So after this show of selfishness from you, the guy still went ahead and called you when he got home? You must have intimidated him with so much wealth.

1 Like

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by omoadeleye(m): 3:05pm On Dec 04, 2021
Mercychen:
Hi fam.

The big question is ..

Crazy woman.

Vasectomy ko mastectomy ni

I pray that man doesn't end up a simp, no wonder you have been finding it so difficult to get a boyfriend.

You disgusting piss of lab rat.

3 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Emotionss: 3:05pm On Dec 04, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
Mercychen:

I don't get it! Someone is not sure why her partner doesn't want a vasectomy and seeks to know by throwing it open and instead of helping out with the puzzle, everyone is just casting aspersions here and there. That's no way to help one out of their dilemma.

I already stated the reasons why I don't want it done on me and before I came up with that decision, I already did my findings on the side effects it has on women Which is usually higher than the mens'.

Madam if you truly want to know why he doesn't want to do vasectomy, then why are you ignoring his calls ?

Why didn't you give him the chance to explain himself ?

Why are you insisting on this vasectomy of a thing ?

Since you're very close to your menopause. Why not just have the one child and let menopause do the rest.

Why are you desperately trying to render the guy useless ?

1 Like

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by pixey(m): 3:06pm On Dec 04, 2021
MufasaLion:
Vasectomy needs more awareness. Most men don't understand how it is and most people don't even know it exist. You just gotta talk to him and explain things to him. Most people believes family planning is only done to the females.

Moreover, ego is among the reasons he kicks against vasectomy. An average African man wouldn't want to live his life knowing his semen is useless.
You giving the stupid condition is already a red flag for me.From your story, you are not ready for marriage or don't want to marry at all. Don't destroy an innocent man's life. I loved the way the guy looked into your eyes and said capital NO!He has seen your selfishness in advance already.

4 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Omniman(m): 3:06pm On Dec 04, 2021
If this story is true {

This woman is fkn sick

} ;

It is one thing for a man to loose his job and be broker than his woman in a marriage,

It is another thing to turn a dickie to a Poosy.

Its a sick manipulative move.

Vasectomy my yansh... angry

So you gon be cold until he accept....
Aint no biatch gonna manipulate me into chopping off my dickie angry

6 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Prettychild(f): 3:06pm On Dec 04, 2021
Mercychen:
Hi fam.

The big question is ..

Well I think most men would not want vasectomy because the idea of being able to impregnate a woman always boost their ego. So in order to balance the equation and in order not to look one side, tell him that he does vasectomy and you will do tubal ligation, so that the probability of anyone having a baby for an outsider will be ruled out

3 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by deyemia: 3:07pm On Dec 04, 2021
You’ll be fine!
Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by drdeath: 3:07pm On Dec 04, 2021
Mercychen:
Hi fam.

The big question is ..

It seem you do drugs and if you don’t,you must be suffering from a psychiatric problem.
Why are you being disturbed by is non-adherence to vasectomy?
Why don’t you tie your own womb?
You want him to do vasectomy but you do not want to tie your womb.
You must be very selfish that is why you are still single.
The Merciful Lord will protect men like that from selfish women like you.
Please continue reading your useless books that you are married to.
A neurotic selfish nuisance of a pathetic slowpoke.

9 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Bonaventura(m): 3:07pm On Dec 04, 2021
Mercychen:
Hi fam.

The big question is ..

What if you die after or before you have the one child and he'd have to remarry?
Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Hangulsaram: 3:08pm On Dec 04, 2021
samsard:
Thank you for this. Vasectomy becomes less reversible as times goes on. She wants just one kid and wants the man to give up his fertility after that. Ridiculous.
She should find similar options for women if the one child idea is her and she doesn't want to be absolutely selfish.
She should remove her womb too. Just imagine?
If na me na slap she go chop. Nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by KevinDein: 3:08pm On Dec 04, 2021
Jalaw:
If I could get you right, you want to castrate ythe our husband after having one child.?
More or less. grin

She desire to have only one child but she wants the man to castrate himself and give up his ability to bear more kids (if circumstances change), while she retains hers.
Somehow, the geniuses in the family section are trying really hard to convince anyone who cares to listen that that isn't an act of selfishness.

6 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Figger(m): 3:08pm On Dec 04, 2021
Pinkzebra:
He doesn't have an ulterior motive, but he is scared . As an African man, knowing he can't impregnate a woman and doing that willinging will wreck his ego. Since you brought the game of having one child , then cut off your fallopian tube . Is not risky , at least you get your period and get to enjoy sex without fear of pregnancy . So bear the burnt and leave him out or better still keep trying until you get a man who will dance to your tune .

On a lighter note : may my son not meet a woman like you, iseeeee!
e shock me to know that people like this dey for this naija. God protect me from such female
Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by omoadeleye(m): 3:09pm On Dec 04, 2021
Omniman:
Op want a guy to seal the pathway grin

So you gon be cold until he accept....
Aint no biatch gonna manipulate me into chopping off my dickie angry

That woman is sick as fvck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by EmmyBiggy(m): 3:09pm On Dec 04, 2021
You brought the idea of having one child he accepted, why not remove your womb since is you that wanted one child
Do you know if he has the intention of having more children probably with another woman or did you discuss he won't have another wife apart from you.
Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Figger(m): 3:10pm On Dec 04, 2021
Mercychen:

A slight twist you call it but I've heard of so many women who later had issues with family planning they did.

It's easier for the men because their system is not so complex like that of women.

We already discussed about all the other methods especially condom and he said, for how long is he going to be using condom on his life time wife. He already kicked against the idea.

Woh, I'm tired.
simply put madam, u re not destined to get married, please kindly get a surrogate like ini Edo did.

2 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Impregnablefolk: 3:10pm On Dec 04, 2021
All dis Nigerian girls sef, small tin u don dey vex, dey shout say na red flag. As u dey luk 4 perfect man wey go just dey follow u lyk sheep, dey say yes 2 anytin wey u talk. Y u still dey complain?

1 Like

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by babyfaceafrica: 3:11pm On Dec 04, 2021
[quote author=Prettychild post=108207885]
Well I think most men would not want vasectomy because the idea of being able to impregnate a woman always boost their ego. So in order to balance the equation and in order not to look one side, tell him that he does vasectomy and you will do tubal ligation, so that the probability of anyone having a baby for an outsider will be ruled out [/quote]Eggzactly, you can't close someone's door and leave yours open. Kolewerk. That said the story isn't real, open na fiction writer,

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? / My Ex-Girlfriend Keeps Disturbing My Relationship / Four Children Died From Severe Heat After They Locked Themselves In A Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.