Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? (48036 Views)

50-Year-Old Nigerian Shares Her Regrets About Her Parents Sending Her Abroad / I Regret Getting Married To The Mother Of My Triplets / Sometimes I Regret Marrying My Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by ModelLook(m): 6:09pm On Dec 02, 2021
Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by Loreettaa: 6:09pm On Dec 02, 2021
madridsta007:

1. Get someone that has the same value system as you. SAME not similar. She has gone through life & has her own value system and convictions.
2. Get someone that is not broke. If she hasnt seen money before or hasnt travelled to exotic places, she will eventually change when she sees money.
3. Get someone that isnt too attached to her mother or family members.
4. Get someone that believes in the conservative African value system of "wives, submit to your husband" and "husband, love your wife".
5. Finally, get someone who is accountable to an elderly person (not her family members).
6. Get someone from a stable home, where her family does NOT have any divorces or single parenthood prevelance.

These reduces the risk you are scared of, greatly.
NB: These kind of persons are rare and can be in Nigeria or Abroad. Location isnt the problem. The person, is.
That number 4 is your number 1. No dey disguise grin
The reason y'all won't like to take an African woman abroad is because she will get to know her rights, and "use them against" you.
You want to be able to get sex outside without her wanting a divorce and taking the house.
You want to be able to beat her/the kids "in correction" without them calling 911 on you.
First World countries respects the rights of women far more than Africa does, and the possibilities of what she can do with that knowledge, scares you.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by Evercurious(f): 6:10pm On Dec 02, 2021
madridsta007:

1. Get someone that has the same value system as you. SAME not similar. She has gone through life & has her own value system and convictions.
2. Get someone that is not broke. If she hasnt seen money before or hasnt travelled to exotic places, she will eventually change when she sees money.
3. Get someone that isnt too attached to her mother or family members.
4. Get someone that believes in the conservative African value system of "wives, submit to your husband" and "husband, love your wife".
5. Finally, get someone who is accountable to an elderly person (not her family members).
6. Get someone from a stable home, where her family does NOT have any divorces or single parenthood prevelance.

These reduces the risk you are scared of, greatly.
NB: These kind of persons are rare and can be in Nigeria or Abroad. Location isnt the problem. The person, is.

OP check this very reasonable comment

4 Likes

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by sharpwriter(m): 6:10pm On Dec 02, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

Na simps like you naija gals dey show shege for abroad cheesy

I have a friend with this same mentality. Then he, the wife and kids travelled abroad to Canada.

Not up to a year, the wife divorced him, took the children and sent him out.

Now, my friend has to pay for the wife's rent and feeding, children support along with his own expenses.

The guy just dey suffer. I even heard that she now flaunts sleeping with other guys in front of the man and kids.

Moral of the story, most naija girls true character are not shown until they are given freedom and power over the man
Wahala dey o shocked
Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by adecz: 6:10pm On Dec 02, 2021
⭕️⭕️⭕️
9ja women are ever ready to betray
you if you marry them come carry them
go yonder..

After the suffering wey dem don endure
for here, dem eye go just tear open one
time when dey become aware of the
rights & freedom guaranteed in oyibo
countries.

She can refuse to cook for you or give
you tohtoh♥♥♥ & nothing wey you fit do.
She can decide to even get boyfriend & na
so you go dey helpless. ⭕️⭕️⭕️

These are matters that you go flog am
die for say na Nigeria. But you try am for
there, government go jail you, carry your
house give am & she go carry the boyfriend
come live with her.. ☹️☹️

Thank am well well & Goodluck .

Peace✌️✌️✌️✌️

10 Likes

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by olas24u(f): 6:11pm On Dec 02, 2021
[quote author=Mariangeles post=108146290]

If you give her peace of mind, she's most likely to give you peace of mind, whether in Nigeria or abroad. [/quote
Lies

8 Likes

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by lolu2019: 6:12pm On Dec 02, 2021
wunmi590:
tongue

Some of our men with this their shallow mentality, I guess Nigerian men should stop thinking all Nigerian women are gold diggers...

If I have the chance which I'm currently working on, I will take my wife along, infact, I can't travel out for long without letting my wife be beside me...

No be every nigerian woman bad
u go get sense.simp identified.

1 Like

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by faithfull18(f): 6:12pm On Dec 02, 2021
adeakin:
in Canada where i am currently, sierra leone babes are the best, then ghanians, uganda and other South Africans countries like zim. They no dey too demand from men.
Keep deceiving yourself. As much as I don't enjoy sharing personal stories, I would this time. I have seen cases of Nigerian men who left Nigerian women to marry from Sierra Leone, Liberia, it ended in tears after 2 kids. He finally came back to marry the Nigerian woman. These things aren't based on Nationalities, it's a person thing.

17 Likes

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by Fiscus105(m): 6:13pm On Dec 02, 2021
Foodqueen:
Most of the times, it's usually ends in tears.

All these girls pretends alot,vwhen they are just coming in.

Yet u re masquerading as lady (f), if you can't say obvious truth about ur gender to faceless forum, how would you deal with wife? If wife latter finds out that you lie about everything about urself and she too change , you would still blame wife for ur untruthfulness

2 Likes

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by pocohantas(f): 6:13pm On Dec 02, 2021
Loreettaa:
Define "misbehave"

When you guys marry white women, you cook, clean, care for kids and still work and pay bills.
But when you take an African woman who has been marginalised all her life abroad and she realises that women are respected over there and demands more, is that "misbehave"?
You want amaka to go abroad and be spoiling her lovely nails cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner 3 times a day, 7 days a week?
Or you want Abisola who's barely getting any dicking from you, to be praying and fasting and not to go outside and look for some, LIKE YOU DO? You think it's like Nigeria where you can shame her into submission?

What is wrong in cooking for your family? Forgive me, I find arguments like this mundane and irrelevant. Sadly it is what has become the order of the day when marriage is discussed. It shows there is something wrong with us as a people. Both male and female.

You were cooking in Nigeria, suddenly cooking is below you because you are abroad? There are bound to be issues.

Ordinarily, both parties should be helping each other. Domestically and financially, but when one person thinks chores are below him or assisting financially would make her a mumu, wahala done dey. Nigerians play too many mind games and relationships with them wears someone like me out.

You might not cook 7 days a week, but I believe a good husband, be it in Nigeria or Cambodia, should know when his wife has done her best and deserves some rest. On such days she should get her rest.

If her husband is not dicking her and he is making no effort to improve, she can leave the marriage with her dignity and value intact.

No adult abroad has time to even sit and eat three times a day. There are more pressing issues and Nigerian men and women should begin to upgrade their OS. We are too backward in our issues.

40 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by emonis88: 6:13pm On Dec 02, 2021
Klass99:
I think Nairaland is affecting too many people in the real world and informing the choices they make, based on the toxic negativity often displayed here. Do what feels right to you at the end of the day, irrespective of people's views/opinions.
U want to evade the fact that Nigerian women when married n taken abroad, r even worst than the women abroad. Many Nigerian men ve bn frustrated into commiting murder, cus of such acts by women who they brought over abroad.

4 Likes

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by ensamy(m): 6:16pm On Dec 02, 2021
Nurses Nurses....Especially if she's a Nurse, hmmm when she starts earning more than the man, hehehe grin grin
Her troubles with start until the man becomes miserable , which at the end she may send the man parking out of the house he bought with his hard earned money. This has happened to lots of Nigerian men over there. Nurses Nurses wives taken overseas.. shocked sad

5 Likes

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by BigBashiru: 6:16pm On Dec 02, 2021
mrbenjame:
Please I need an honest opinion. I’m not saying there’re no good women. But the rate at which women who marry their abroad hubbys and thereafter go to join them overseas and start misbehaving gets me very worried and sometimes afraid. The question is

1. How often does this happen?
2. Should a guy go on to take his chances?
3. Should he marry someone already abroad?
4. Should he settle entirely with another Nationality totally?

Guys make una input o make we know where we Dey.

Never bring her abroad all by urself. Make sure she puts some effort into it by bringing her own money, bringing half of the visa and flight money etc. Never be more invested in a relationship than the woman is.

17 Likes

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by Dangrace01: 6:18pm On Dec 02, 2021
Mariangeles:

Dis una stories ehn...

How come you guys only know friends that are suffering in their abroad marriage? undecided

Guy no jokes. I met a nairalander with my former account. He told me how two Nigerian girls have messed him up . He's based in us

How did I find out i asked him about his wife because he introduced me to her previously he said they on process of divorce thats how I knew he has been married twice. Funny enough he brings the girls from Nigeria

We have not spoken for a while though

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by BigBashiru: 6:18pm On Dec 02, 2021
JovialJune:

1) If you want the Nigerian kind of marriage, don't travel abroad when married, stay here with your wife

2) If you strong headedly decide to marry then travel abroad leaving her here, accept the fact that as you're cheating on her, she's also cheating on you

3) You can't have a Nigerian kind of marriage abroad where the system and laws is fair to all and sundry, a system that does not recognise the machoistic, ego driven, head of the family, respect-submissive type of mentality you are used to here, equality is their watchword over there, no gender is above the other.

Which is why marriages abroad don't last as the men are no longer dominant...

1 Like

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by InoGetJoy: 6:19pm On Dec 02, 2021
adeakin:
in Canada where i am currently, sierra leone babes are the best, then ghanians, uganda and other South Africans countries like zim. They no dey too demand from men.
I think you're right. A friend of mine who is a US Marine married to a Sierra Leonian. He said his Nigerian guys avoid marrying Nigerian ladies because the women change after getting to the US

10 Likes

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by whiteroses(f): 6:19pm On Dec 02, 2021
Character is like smoke, you will know by their fruits. If you only have 2 weeks to spend with someone they will show you a fruit. If a woman will give you problem she will form and pretend a lot. You will keep buying her love. The signs will be there. With that being said, Lets narrow the issue down by Marrying African, then marry west African. Ghana, Nigerian it really doesn't matter.
Leave whites out of this except she's someone who loves and knows the African culture really well. They always have mental crisis and not many of their marriages lasts.
Any woman who loves you and is God fearing can be taken anywhere.
Goodluck

12 Likes

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by OvertheTop(m): 6:19pm On Dec 02, 2021
pocohantas:
Oh please,

You Nigerian men whine too much.

Marry the ones there, una no gree.
Marry foreigners, another wahala.
Come back home and marry, wailing.

What exactly is happening in a marriage abroad that doesn’t happen here? Or you are afraid you can’t batter her, cheat and pursue her from the home you both built?

Anything you see Naija men complaining of, just know their wickedness has been checked.

The ones with clear conscience and good character might have their fears, but they don’t go on and on about it like this.

The way you guys complain of Naija women, one would think your relationships with foreigners last for long. Abi how many old Nigerian men have you seen with foreign wives? All you’ll be hearing is, I dated one Kenyan, Spanish, Polish, British, Finnish… Why you no marry am?

Just hope for a good partner. Love, respect, forgive and communicate. Even on Mars, you guys would weather the storm.

HOPE is not Good Enough in this context .
If One Make a Mistake in Marriage, It can Ruin One Life Completely....

Imagine Being Thrown out of your Home U are Paying Mortgage for.

Where would you Start From?

11 Likes

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by oloshun(m): 6:22pm On Dec 02, 2021
Is good that you asked. From my personal experience, women are not different across the globe. Ireespective of space or place, a woman that will frustrate you will not not hesitate. The only variance is that there is more financial independence here in the US than Nigeria. That factor really empowers women to freewill and renders you less control.

But as i said, women are women; just pray that God helps you to chose well. My friend here married a lady from here while i brought my Nija wife, his marriage crumbled just like mine. He then married another lady and broght her here and since then, they have been happy together. On my side, o vowed never to brong a nija babe again, i married an American, and my brother, i regre u have not married her some 24 years ago. So it is about luck.
But in all, please i beg you, anywhere you decide to chose a wife from, dont marry a poos person. Being poos is deadly than Covid and any other STDs.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by sunexameh(m): 6:22pm On Dec 02, 2021
Same way ladies feel marrying a guy from Nigeria and bringing him overseas

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by pocohantas(f): 6:23pm On Dec 02, 2021
OvertheTop:

But you guys have been throwing your wives out of the homes you built together in Nigeria and I haven’t met one Nigerian man bothered about where she would start from.

I don’t know how the throwing out works, but I believe everything is done in the interest of the KIDS.

Yes, a mistake in marriage can ruin one. Make you paranoid and vicious, but life itself is a risk. Let’s not act like foreigners don’t have these issues.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by TheKingIsHere: 6:23pm On Dec 02, 2021
pocohantas:

What is wrong in cooking for your family? Forgive me, I find arguments like this mundane and irrelevant. Sadly it is what has become the order of the day when marriage is discussed. It shows there is something wrong with us as a people. Both male and female.

You were cooking in Nigeria, suddenly cooking is below you because you are abroad? There are bound to be issues.

Ordinarily, both parties should be helping each other. Domestically and financially, but when one person thinks chores are below him or assisting financially would make her a mumu, wahala done dey. Nigerians play too many mind games and relationships with them wears someone like me out.

You might not cook 7 days a week, but I believe a good husband, be it in Nigeria or Cambodia, should know when his wife has done her best and deserves some rest. On such days she should get her rest.

If her husband is not dicking her and he is making no effort to improve, she can leave the marriage with her dignity and value intact.

No adult abroad has time to even sit and eat three times a day. There are more pressing issues and Nigerian men and women should begin to upgrade their OS. We are too backward in our issues.

I am happy that it's your fellow naija girl that you are responding to.

Now, imagine her mentality when she gets abroad and believes that cooking for her family is slavery, then uses it to punish the man

Hope you see the dilema that we face?

21 Likes

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by BigBashiru: 6:24pm On Dec 02, 2021
Loreettaa:

The reason y'all won't like to take an African woman abroad is because she will get to know her rights, and "use them against" you.
You want to be able to get sex outside without her wanting a divorce and taking the house.
You want to be able to beat her/the kids "in correction" without them calling 911 on you.
First World countries respects the rights of women far more than Africa does, and the possibilities of what she can do with that knowledge, scares you.

Those countries aren't "first world".... they are overglorified shitholes....

5 Likes

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 02, 2021
mrbenjame:
Please I need an honest opinion. I’m not saying there’re no good women. But the rate at which women who marry their abroad hubbys and thereafter go to join them overseas and start misbehaving gets me very worried and sometimes afraid. The question is

Most people abroad are emotional criminals. They all want to get papers there. Now, when you come home, most ladies people turn emotional criminals also as soon as they hear it's an abroad person, and they are worse. For example, a good girl will be pushed even by her boyfriend or family to marry the guy, get papers, and divorce him. Lol. That's a good girl oooo..she turns a criminal instantly such offer comes. Have you not noticed that almost everyone in Nigeria doesnt see anything wrong with internet scamming? Seriously. Check well. They tell you that everyone doing it is a businessman, but the thief is the one caught. Even parents are arrested with their children these days cos they encourage and support the kids. Parents pray for their kids these days to be successful in yahoo business.

So, if you come to Nigeria to pick a spouse, they will want to take advantage of you also. It's an opportunity for them. Let me tell you the truth, the people abroad are criminals, the ones at home too are criminals. The only issue is that this abroad are with years of experience while the ones at home are just starting and give them 3 months, they act even smarter than the one with many years of experience living abroad.

So, wisdom is needed. You still have a better chance picking from Naija. But you must not show you are from abroad. If you can act as if you arent living abroad, you can get a good spouse. Apart from this, I dont know oooo. People are desperate these days. Marriages are lies. Money is love now.

Let me advise you. You can marry anyone. Just pray for wisdom. Asking you to come pretend you arent from abroad doesnt make sense. Just be yourself, open your eyes, and find a spouse where you are. Open your heart to anyone from any race.. white, latino, Asian, black, etc. I even prefer asians. Japanese, Chinese, Koreans, Thai, etc still have low rate of adultery.

Marriage is not what you ask for advice on NL. This is the truth. You need wisdom to choose a good person..

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by TheKingIsHere: 6:24pm On Dec 02, 2021
OvertheTop:

Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by Ten06(m): 6:25pm On Dec 02, 2021
Just pray for God to give you a a good one that you will be able to manage.

Even the ones we married in Nigeria here who before we married them were acting like as if they want to be slave to you, have later turn to rebels in the house bahaving as if the man is nothing.

And if they started displaying that kind of character abroad where women has so much right. Guy you will regret it and that is why the number of men murdering their wives abroad is increasing exponentially these days.
So be very careful when you want to marry

1 Like

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 02, 2021
mrbenjame:

You are the one looking for trouble. You want to marry someone that you don't know just because they are Nigerian. Aren't there Nigerians where u live? Someone that you will know and understand and they the same with u. Or are you one of those who want the woman to come wash your feet because to took them overseas? Common man, marriage is not a sprint. Those who marry their friends still go through shiit, most of the time what saves the marriage is the memories of their long friendship. One girl is putting her best foot forward for you on social media and you think that is how the marriage will be? Bro u are about to learn.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by BigBashiru: 6:27pm On Dec 02, 2021
pocohantas:

pocahontas I told my female friends this: when I was a bachelor, I cook, clean my entire house as well as work all by myself....without a wife....and after I married I continued to do all of them by myself because I'm already used to it....

8 Likes

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by madridsta007(m): 6:33pm On Dec 02, 2021
Loreettaa:

I dont care about your opinion or what you think.
Believe me.

There is an Indian, Chinese and African system that embodies family, community focus and growth. Quite similar in context, the three. This is what I believe in. Thank God, I am the man and it is up to God and me to make the decision on who to marry. Not up to the woman- bless her.

1 Like

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by emonis88: 6:33pm On Dec 02, 2021
walexsho:
Marry and let her remain with your parents for a year to study her true color before moving her abroad.That is the Top secrete.
Another way is seek legal advise. There are ways to go aboit about it in order not to be in her captivity in future.
You can as well do it the CR7 way ... Baby mama
Abi? Make sure she signs a prenuptial before coming over, so if she decides to go for a divorce, that means she gets nothing. That what rich guys do abroad. So if she loves u she il marry d man n not for his riches.

4 Likes

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by jornwhite: 6:34pm On Dec 02, 2021
JovialJune:

1) If you want the Nigerian kind of marriage, don't travel abroad when married, stay here with your wife

2) If you strong headedly decide to marry then travel abroad leaving her here, accept the fact that as you're cheating on her, she's also cheating on you

3) You can't have a Nigerian kind of marriage abroad [b]where the system and laws is fair to all and sundry, [/b]a system that does not recognise the machoistic, ego driven, head of the family, respect-submissive type of mentality you are used to here, equality is their watchword over there, no gender is above the others.

Aunty their is something on your lips, try clean it.

Their is no equality in the world, therefore no system is balance, africa favors men just has western world favors women

2 Likes

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by Yoighaman(m): 6:34pm On Dec 02, 2021
mrbenjame:

For your own good, better not go that route. Most (not all) of the women turn to 'lions' when they get over there, stories about this abound everywhere. They see freedom and independence, and lose their sanity. To be forewarned is to be....(complete the rest).

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Couple That Have Been Together For 71 Years, Since 1948 / 99-Year-Old Nigerian Man Weds His 86-year-Old Partner In Church After Decades / Mum Ignored Her Crying Daughter Who Had A Live Scorpion In Her Shoes. See Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.