Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Fans Slam Ronaldo For Undermining Lionel Messi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fans Slam Ronaldo For Undermining Lionel Messi (43814 Views)

Man United Fans Slam Maguire And Call For Him To Be Stripped Of The Captaincy / Matic And His Kids Waiting Patiently For Ronaldo For Pic / "New Karius" - Fans Slam David De Gea After Barcelona Goal Blunder (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fans Slam Ronaldo For Undermining Lionel Messi by MangekyoAlt: 6:46pm On Dec 02, 2021
Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are widely considered the greatest footballers of all time. However, what sets them apart is how each reacts to the success stories of the other. Although the Argentine has never made a remark against the Portuguese in public, CR7 has often shared his disdain for the former Barca frontman on social media.

Several fans of Lionel Messi have slammed Man United ace Cristiano Ronaldo after the Portuguese maestro on Wednesday agreed with a supporter who posted on Instagram that the PSG forward stole the Ballon d'Or from him.

Fans argued that not only has Messi never "disrespected Ronaldo", he has even praised him recently, openly supporting the Portuguese wizard's return to Old Trafford earlier this year.

However, a few claimed that Ronaldo is so obsessed with the Argentine skipper that he always wants to surpass him in every department on and off the field.

A couple of supporters declared that Ronaldo was jealous of the 34-year-old footballer's feats, which could possibly be why the ex-Juventus player almost always tries to undermine Messi's accomplishments.

Others blasted Ronaldo for his "lack of sportsmanship" before insisting that his "inferiority complex was despicable".
A section of social media users said that they "have lost all respect for [Ronaldo]" after he took a shot at Messi.

Messi deep down knows he’s much better than Pendu so there’s no reason. Antonella doesn’t care about football so she has no reason to disrespect him and Pendu hasn’t been good at football since Messi’s kids were born so they’re not even aware that there’s a rivalry.

— Juan (@fraudiesta1) December 2, 2021

Obsession. If Messi posts Antonella and kids....Within 1 min CR would post his own family. If Messi steals the headlines. CR would wreck a havoc just to be in the spot light. His relevance off the pitch is tied to Messi

— Kimani Viaggio (@KimaniViaggio) December 1, 2021

Cristiano Ronaldo commenting “facts” under a post saying Messi robbed the Ballon d’Or and ghosted in big games...

I actually can’t believe this is a 36 year old athlete, the lack of sportsmanship and the inferiority complex is despicable.

— MC (@CrewsMat10) December 1, 2021

Ronaldo looking at Messi's 7 ballon d'ors, then looking at his own 5 �� #Factos

— Swastik (@_iamskr_) December 1, 2021

Messi said these warm words about Ronaldo's current situation barely a week ago. Sieve through whatever records exist, Leo has always conducted himself gracefully when speaking about Cristiano.

A low moment from CR and I genuinely have lost all respect for him.

— OT (@wellknownArts) December 1, 2021

Someone said Cristiano Ronaldo is Factos intolerant ��

— Subhash (@Cule_LeoMessi) December 1, 2021

Messi's admirers started having a go at Ronaldo when the 36-year-old megastar, who has won the Ballon d'Or trophy five times, expressed his disappointment with the polling for this year's award after ending up in sixth position, 435 votes shy of his arch-rival.

The former Real Madrid forward seemed frustrated by Messi's win as he apparently tried to undermine the PSG marksman by listing "facts" on the post of a fan who explained why Ronaldo should have been honoured with the award a sixth time, which would have made him equal Messi's record haul.

The Instagram post on the account dubbed "Cristiano Ronaldo - The Legendary", labelled Messi's landmark victory as "Theft. Dirt. Shame. Simply regrettable" and went on to applaud Ronaldo's performance throughout the 2020-21 season, giving a detailed account of his achievements.

Launching a scathing attack on Messi's performance in big games, the post argued he had "disappeared" in crucial matches for Barcelona before having a dig at Argentina's Copa America suggesting the tournament is no longer as prestigious as it once was.

"And who does the prize go to? Messi, who only won the Copa del Rey by Barcelona, and hasn't scored a goal against Real Madrid since Cristiano left, disappeared in the big games of the season, won the Copa America that was supposed to be every four years and now they do practically every year

On Monday, Messi added to his record six Ballon d'Or trophies by winning a seventh, after defeating Bayern Munich's Robert Lewandowski by 33 votes.

However, he was magnanimous in victory and hailed Lewandowski for his exhilarating performance for Bayern Munich during the past two seasons.

The Argentina skipper said Lewandowski would have been a worthy winner if he had bagged the game's top prize.

Messi added that the Pole deserved the honour after missing out on the award last year. Lewandowski was largely predicted to win his first Ballon d'Or last year but the event was cancelled because of the raging coronavirus pandemic..

SOURCE

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fans Slam Ronaldo For Undermining Lionel Messi by Ammishaddai: 6:48pm On Dec 02, 2021
Na Barcelona/ Messi fans fit stoop to this level of stupidity to misinterpret CR7's remark

190 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Fans Slam Ronaldo For Undermining Lionel Messi by Freestainworld(m): 6:54pm On Dec 02, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Na Barcelona/ Messi fans fit stoop to this level of stupidity to misinterpret CR7's remark
no vex oo, what was the real meaning of the remark?

244 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Fans Slam Ronaldo For Undermining Lionel Messi by MangekyoAlt: 6:54pm On Dec 02, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Alright professor. Interpret his remark. Enlighten us

231 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Fans Slam Ronaldo For Undermining Lionel Messi by MangekyoAlt: 6:56pm On Dec 02, 2021
Messi said these warm words about Ronaldo's current situation barely a week ago. Sieve through whatever records exist, Leo has always conducted himself gracefully when speaking about Cristiano.

A low moment from CR and I genuinely have lost all respect for him.

That's the most painful part. Messi is a man of few words. You never see him on social media's rattling about the careers of other footballers. The only few times he has spoken about Ronaldo was when he was asked by naive reporters about his thoughts on Ronaldo, he always uses and have always used those rare opportunities to give Ronaldo the praises he deserves.

The same cannot be said for pendu. A murthafucka who actually thinks the football body and even the fans actually give a f**k about his shitty, toxic, and irrelevant biased opinion

Pendu, his sister, mom and even entire family are always shitting on messi whenever they feel the need to direct their frustration at someone. They undermine messi whenever he achieves a feat they can only dream of achieving.

Ronaldo is a very very toxic human being who just can't get over the fact that someone he considers a rival is far far better than him.

Messi recently spoke good about him and how his life at man utd has been. The fact that Ronaldo and his entire household can go on to Instagram to shit on him actually shows how obsessed they are with him.

Ronaldo digging out posts that undermine messi to show support to them is the lowest I've seen him gone yet.
The poster literally said Ronaldo deserved to win the award despite haven taken juventus to the lowest position they gotten to in 10 years and getting bitch slapped by a 10 man Porto in the UCL. Claiming messi disappeared in big matches with Ronaldo jealously agreeing by commenting "#Facts". I mean where is the fact in what that fans of his wrote if not just commenting out of sheer hatred for messi?

I have legit lost all the little respect I had left for Ronaldo. I wish him trophy less seasons until the end of his miserable, and pityable career. He will not qualify for 2022 world cup. So shall it be

298 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Fans Slam Ronaldo For Undermining Lionel Messi by Kingcalls: 6:59pm On Dec 02, 2021
Messi fans are the dumbest set of fans in history of fans movement....them plenty for Nairaland...no difference between them and those almajiri that think buhari is the greatest creation by God ...they think alike , they act alike and they comment alike , logic zero, critical thinking zero, intellectual conversation zero , constructive arguments zero

77 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fans Slam Ronaldo For Undermining Lionel Messi by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 02, 2021
LiveScores

Messi vs Ronaldo (7 - 5)

Henceforth no more comparison. Messi be him baba

219 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Fans Slam Ronaldo For Undermining Lionel Messi by Officialhorlah(m): 7:05pm On Dec 02, 2021
I was surprised when I saw the comments too. Am a Messi fan and I aslo respect Ronaldo but now I also am not respecting him anymore. He just behaved like Davido while Messi is the Wizkid wink

125 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Fans Slam Ronaldo For Undermining Lionel Messi by Oblongata: 7:23pm On Dec 02, 2021
Messi is very humble. Judging from stats and in my book he deserves the ballon’dor. Ronaldo always feel entitled, and very soon his light would be put to sleep, at least sooner than Messi’s. At his age Ronaldo can kiss Messi’s foot, because Messi has widened the gap and Roro can never catch up with him again, at least, not this world.

83 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fans Slam Ronaldo For Undermining Lionel Messi by MangekyoAlt: 7:32pm On Dec 02, 2021
Officialhorlah:
I was surprised when I saw the comments too. Am a Messi fan and I aslo respect Ronaldo but now I also am not respecting him anymore. He just behaved like Davido while Messi is the Wizkid wink
Very true. Ronaldo is just like Davido, while messi like wizkid.

I saw Davido bragging on a studio with some ebuka guy about how he's the best musician in Africa. Meanwhile, his achievements actually shows that he's barely even in top 10.
Not saying wizkid is the best in Africa, but his achievements are more commendable than that of ronaldo, and barely you see him bragging about how he's the better than everyone like Davido is fund of doing

Ronaldo said he is the best player in the world. When asked by the reporter why he would make such a bold statement, he claimed he knows it withing him that he's the best in the world.
He doesn't realize that it is the people he is playing to entertain that will judge based on his achievements, ofcourse.

Messi who has clearly and obviously achieved better than him, hasn't even bragged that he's the best in the world. Rather I think I recall him saying he would leave that to the fans to decide

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fans Slam Ronaldo For Undermining Lionel Messi by simabastin: 7:35pm On Dec 02, 2021
Their personalities makes them successful in their career! CR7 is a bit agressive and hardworking, Messi is a natural and humble... Works for both of em... Love them both though

71 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Fans Slam Ronaldo For Undermining Lionel Messi by JohnnyPalmer: 7:43pm On Dec 02, 2021
I expected this topic to have been on front page since yesterday

Asides the ballon d or
This has the biggest buzz in the world of sports

But ombebu won't create this
Cos it makes Pendu looks bad

If it was the other way round

Messi would have been slaughtered on this forum already

Same people that created a thread on Messi's comment on the referee after the Peru game

This is so petty and low of Pendu

59 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Fans Slam Ronaldo For Undermining Lionel Messi by JohnnyPalmer: 7:48pm On Dec 02, 2021
Kingcalls:
Messi fans are the dumbest set of fans in history of fans movement....them plenty for Nairaland...no difference between them and those almajiri that think buhari is the greatest creation by God ...they think alike , they act alike and they comment alike , logic zero, critical thinking zero, intellectual conversation zero , constructive arguments zero

It's like you have tangential loosening of association

How is your post relevant to the topic?

80 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Fans Slam Ronaldo For Undermining Lionel Messi by Officialhorlah(m): 7:48pm On Dec 02, 2021
MangekyoAlt:

Very true. Ronaldo is just like Davido, while messi like wizkid.

I saw Davido bragging on a studio with some ebuka guy about how he's the best musician in Africa. Meanwhile, his achievements actually shows that he's barely even in top 10.
Not saying wizkid is the best in Africa, but his achievements are more commendable than that of ronaldo, and barely you see him bragging about how he's the better than everyone like Davido is fund of doing

Ronaldo said he is the best player in the world. When asked by the reporter why he would make such a bold statement, he claimed he knows it withing him that he's the best in the world.
He doesn't realize that it is the people he is playing to entertain that will judge based on his achievements, ofcourse.

Messi who has clearly and obviously achieved better than him, hasn't even bragged that he's the best in the world. Rather I think I recall him saying he would leave that to the fans to decide

This is the "Factos" brother but Ronaldo fans prefer wailing grin grin cheesy

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fans Slam Ronaldo For Undermining Lionel Messi by paulolee(m): 7:51pm On Dec 02, 2021
cr7 no try atall...I dnt expect such from a professional like him...never knew he was a bad loser or mayb dt win pain am badly..
a messi i kno cnt never undermine cr7 wins or achievement simply bcox he gat huge respect for cr7..
mesai jus de forcus on himself n his wins bt cr7 jus de push himself to d level of Leo....na dier wahala dey

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fans Slam Ronaldo For Undermining Lionel Messi by unbitchable(m): 8:00pm On Dec 02, 2021
MangekyoAlt:

That's the most painful part. Messi is a man of few words. You never see him on social media's rattling about the careers of other footballers. The only few times he has spoken about Ronaldo was when he was asked by naive reporters about his thoughts on Ronaldo, he always uses and have always used those rare opportunities to give Ronaldo the praises he deserves.

The same cannot be said for pendu. A murthafucka who actually thinks the football body and even the fans actually give a f**k about his shitty, toxic, and irrelevant biased opinion

Pendu, his sister, mom and even entire family are always shitting on messi whenever they feel the need to direct their frustration at someone. They undermine messi whenever he achieves a feat they can only dream of achieving.

Ronaldo is a very very toxic human being who just can't get over the fact that someone he considers a rival is far far better than him.

Messi recently spoke good about him and how his life at man utd has been. The fact that Ronaldo and his entire household can go on to Instagram to shit on him actually shows how obsessed they are with him.

Ronaldo digging out posts that undermine messi to show support to them is the lowest I've seen him gone yet.
The poster literally said Ronaldo deserved to win the award despite haven taken juventus to the lowest position they gotten to in 10 years and getting bitch slapped by a 10 man Porto in the UCL. Claiming messi disappeared in big matches with Ronaldo jealously agreeing by commenting "#Facts". I mean where is the fact in what that fans of his wrote if not just commenting out of sheer hatred for messi?

I have legit lost all the little respect I had left for Ronaldo. I wish him trophy less seasons until the end of his miserable, and pityable career. He will not qualify for 2022 world cup. So shall it be
I stand in prayer with you to declare that the old fraud will never lay his hands on any major trophies ever again till he retires.

https://www.nairaland.com/6876416/ronaldo-backs-claims-tha-lionel#108126622

Modified: This one finally enter fp

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fans Slam Ronaldo For Undermining Lionel Messi by unbitchable(m): 8:13pm On Dec 02, 2021
paulolee:
am a die hard messi fan bt I repect cr7 hard work and passion for d game..
I see no need to take any comment from cr7 against messi dt personal..
Ronaldo na very stupid guy na. wetin concern am with this year BallonD'or?.. wetin?... Lewandoski wey come 2nd no dey disrespect Messi, Jorginho sef wey be 3rd never disrespect Messi. Na one stupid old fraud wey no even reach top 4 dey talk anyhow. What did he do in the year under review?.. Pendu is stupid- facto.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fans Slam Ronaldo For Undermining Lionel Messi by dfrost: 8:35pm On Dec 02, 2021
cheesy

Very soon, there will be world War because of these two guys.

Make una sa take am easy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fans Slam Ronaldo For Undermining Lionel Messi by affable4(m): 8:35pm On Dec 02, 2021
Na so.
Re: Fans Slam Ronaldo For Undermining Lionel Messi by akanbiaa(m): 8:36pm On Dec 02, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Fans Slam Ronaldo For Undermining Lionel Messi by Optimistguy1969: 8:36pm On Dec 02, 2021
Nønsense header/Title

1 Like

Re: Fans Slam Ronaldo For Undermining Lionel Messi by potbelly(m): 8:36pm On Dec 02, 2021
Fans of the small goat of course... undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fans Slam Ronaldo For Undermining Lionel Messi by Skillsnigeria: 8:36pm On Dec 02, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Fans Slam Ronaldo For Undermining Lionel Messi by Perfecttouchade: 8:36pm On Dec 02, 2021
Ok
Re: Fans Slam Ronaldo For Undermining Lionel Messi by wiseone28: 8:36pm On Dec 02, 2021
I love both Goats

4 Likes

Re: Fans Slam Ronaldo For Undermining Lionel Messi by adelaja70(m): 8:38pm On Dec 02, 2021
How many are they? Ronaldo know dem ni? Awon Messi fans dey disguise.. Lmao!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fans Slam Ronaldo For Undermining Lionel Messi by Felabrity: 8:38pm On Dec 02, 2021
Which fans?

Fake one

They should getat

2 Likes

Re: Fans Slam Ronaldo For Undermining Lionel Messi by jaxxy(m): 8:38pm On Dec 02, 2021
Lost respect for Messi. Ronaldo didn’t say give it to him bt give it to who deserves it.

Messi will say same thing if Ronaldo was given Ballon d'Or severally for giving sake even when he didn’t deserve it.

It’s an expected comment. If Messi deserved it this much nobody will make such comments.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fans Slam Ronaldo For Undermining Lionel Messi by posty56: 8:39pm On Dec 02, 2021
na because of award way they make pendu fans wan cause WW3?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fans Slam Ronaldo For Undermining Lionel Messi by dmbb: 8:39pm On Dec 02, 2021
I am not a lover of football but I know that Messi is a good guy

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fans Slam Ronaldo For Undermining Lionel Messi by Cyoung4real(m): 8:39pm On Dec 02, 2021
unbitchable:

Ronaldo na very stupid guy na. wetin concern am with this year BallonD'or?.. wetin?... Lewandoski wey come 2nd no dey disrespect Messi, Jorginho sef wey be 3rd never disrespect Messi. Na one stupid old fraud wey no even reach top 4 dey talk anyhow. What did he do in the year under review?.. Pendu is stupid- facto.

Person wey no even know your papa. Is he the only one saying Messi doesn’t deserve this year award? Why don’t you guys attack Zlatan? Ndi ara

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Kanu Nwankwo's Papilo FC Defeats First Bank FC 3-0 / Messi Receives A Guard Of Honour & Award From PSG Teammates, Staff / Lebron James, Serena Williams, Tom Brady, Kim K. Attend Messi's Debut Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.