Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,432 members, 7,815,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

John Ekpa: GTB Should Comply With Court Judgement, Pay Innoson Or Risk Takeover - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / John Ekpa: GTB Should Comply With Court Judgement, Pay Innoson Or Risk Takeover (23826 Views)

Banks, Businesses Comply With CBN Directive On Old Notes — But Shortage Persists / Why the Supreme Court Ruling Between Innoson And GTB should worry you / Supreme Court Orders Gtbank To Pay Innoson Boss N12bn In 14 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Ekpa: GTB Should Comply With Court Judgement, Pay Innoson Or Risk Takeover by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 03, 2021
RoddyMan:
Innoson can never take over the running of the bank.

All Plc's are required to make provision for judgement debt in their books in the event that a court decision is awarded against them on active litigations.

For a bank that declared over N200bn in profit in 2020, one would expect a senior lawyer who has done minimal research to make smarter utterances.
thank you o!!!!

1 Like

Re: John Ekpa: GTB Should Comply With Court Judgement, Pay Innoson Or Risk Takeover by Quiny32323: 11:09am On Dec 03, 2021
Cantonese:
Ha.

This is of great concern and also a lesson to all. Someone lends you money to do business and that same lender turns around to owe you, within the same transaction.

GTBank the lender in this case turned around to owe Innoson and now on the edge of losing their bank to the same organization they loaned money to import goods many years ago.

I think officials of GTbank mismanaged this issue completely. Even with the aid of EFCC, they lost. If this matter is resolved amicably, the board MUST be sacked.

One thought also strikes my mind knowing the Nigeria where we are. Is it not possible that there is a connivance somewhere to secure victory for Innoson and then the players concerned go behind the back to get their cut of a fallen GTbank?

They turned it to a tribal war and unfortunately the buffon lost out, agbaje of a guy ruined gtb

2 Likes

Re: John Ekpa: GTB Should Comply With Court Judgement, Pay Innoson Or Risk Takeover by Zainabthegirl1(f): 11:11am On Dec 03, 2021
Omooo
Re: John Ekpa: GTB Should Comply With Court Judgement, Pay Innoson Or Risk Takeover by West1side: 11:14am On Dec 03, 2021
You n your entire household with no exception at all must perish if any of the allegations you made here is false.

complexBoss12:
very useless bank, with worse online transaction experience I have had. if you send money, they will charge you, if you receive money, they will charge you, if you don't do any transactions at all, they will charge.
ShoeShineGuy:
I stopped banking with them long time ago. They kept deducting what was left until shame nor gree them notify me again. Maybe they're waiting for me to put money again so that they can remove at once all they've not being able to.

All I have there now is less than 1k and in case they liquidate, I don dash them that balance as a good Nigerian wey I be.

2 Likes

Re: John Ekpa: GTB Should Comply With Court Judgement, Pay Innoson Or Risk Takeover by Terrier99: 11:14am On Dec 03, 2021
RoddyMan:

All Plc's are required to make provision for judgement debt in their books in the event that a court decision is awarded against them on active litigations.

For a bank that declared over N200bn in profit in 2020, one would expect a senior lawyer who has done minimal research to make smarter utterances.

Fools grow old. Greed and vested interest make many people you expect to be wise say foolish things.

2 Likes

Re: John Ekpa: GTB Should Comply With Court Judgement, Pay Innoson Or Risk Takeover by ShoeShineGuy: 11:14am On Dec 03, 2021
I stopped banking with them long time ago. They kept deducting what was left until shame nor gree them notify me again. Maybe they're waiting for me to put money again so that they can remove at once all they've not being able to.

All I have there now is less than 1k and in case they liquidate, I don dash them that balance as a good Nigerian wey I be.

2 Likes

Re: John Ekpa: GTB Should Comply With Court Judgement, Pay Innoson Or Risk Takeover by slimghost(m): 11:15am On Dec 03, 2021
FarahAideed:
GT has already changed it's name and holding structure in anticipation of cheating Innoson

Delete this please. Even a toddler wouldn’t type this and click send.

4 Likes

Re: John Ekpa: GTB Should Comply With Court Judgement, Pay Innoson Or Risk Takeover by Terrier99: 11:15am On Dec 03, 2021
Cantonese:
Ha.

This is of great concern and also a lesson to all. Someone lends you money to do business and that same lender turns around to owe you, within the same transaction.

GTBank the lender in this case turned around to owe Innoson and now on the edge of losing their bank to the same organization they loaned money to import goods many years ago.

I think officials of GTbank mismanaged this issue completely. Even with the aid of EFCC, they lost. If this matter is resolved amicably, the board MUST be sacked.

One thought also strikes my mind knowing the Nigeria where we are. Is it not possible that there is a connivance somewhere to secure victory for Innoson and then the players concerned go behind the back to get their cut of a fallen GTbank?

Pls, don't loud it. You want to break the damn table.
Re: John Ekpa: GTB Should Comply With Court Judgement, Pay Innoson Or Risk Takeover by Terrier99: 11:16am On Dec 03, 2021
[s]
ShoeShineGuy:

[/s]

Go to Accces Bank, UBA or Others.

1 Like

Re: John Ekpa: GTB Should Comply With Court Judgement, Pay Innoson Or Risk Takeover by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 03, 2021
Ekpa grin grin
Re: John Ekpa: GTB Should Comply With Court Judgement, Pay Innoson Or Risk Takeover by FarahAideed: 11:21am On Dec 03, 2021
slimghost:

Delete this please. Even a toddler wouldn’t type this and click send.

Gerrat .Noth deleting the fact the GTCO and GT are separate legal entities should tell you what's up...we have seen Oando do this to people it owes twice , I have seen another company do it to Pat Utomi ..this is Nigeria where people can get away with anything .

2 Likes

Re: John Ekpa: GTB Should Comply With Court Judgement, Pay Innoson Or Risk Takeover by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:22am On Dec 03, 2021
Terrier99:

Gtb has become Gtco. Assets have been sold to Gtco. Innoson can only take over Gtb and not Gtco.

As at today, Gtb has nothing and innoson is left looking foolish. Illiteracy is a big disease.
Are you dumb or just a plain illiterate? If all it takes to evade payment of loan is change of name no one will repay loans

12 Likes

Re: John Ekpa: GTB Should Comply With Court Judgement, Pay Innoson Or Risk Takeover by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:22am On Dec 03, 2021
FarahAideed:

Gerrat .Noth deleting the fact the GTCO and GT are separate legal entities should tell you what's up...we have seen Oando do this to people it owes twice , I have seen another company do it to Pat Utomi ..this is Nigeria where people can get away with anything .
You are lying.

1 Like

Re: John Ekpa: GTB Should Comply With Court Judgement, Pay Innoson Or Risk Takeover by Didi2d(m): 11:23am On Dec 03, 2021
Cantonese:
Ha.

Seriously, when I saw that 33b same thing came to my mind.
Re: John Ekpa: GTB Should Comply With Court Judgement, Pay Innoson Or Risk Takeover by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:25am On Dec 03, 2021
RoddyMan:

The same way Oceanic and international banks were declaring profits just before they went under

8 Likes

Re: John Ekpa: GTB Should Comply With Court Judgement, Pay Innoson Or Risk Takeover by Babaken(m): 11:25am On Dec 03, 2021
complexBoss12:
very useless bank, with worse online transaction experience I have had. if you send money, they will charge you, if you receive money, they will charge you, if you don't do any transactions at all, they will charge.
Sorry dear they are gathering money from all angles so that they can pay their depth.

2 Likes

Re: John Ekpa: GTB Should Comply With Court Judgement, Pay Innoson Or Risk Takeover by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 03, 2021
mrvitalis:

And you think that has an effect ? LMAO go school una no gree
GTB don become GTco

See eh, Innocent will never take over GTB. Make dem find a way to settle this matter sha, if GTB can't pay all the money make dem negotiate and pay some of the money

2 Likes

Re: John Ekpa: GTB Should Comply With Court Judgement, Pay Innoson Or Risk Takeover by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 03, 2021
Lunex:
What has tribe got to do with this?
I don't understand, so banks should feel free to defraud customers and they shouldn't complain or what?
Smh

Gtb is the best bank
Re: John Ekpa: GTB Should Comply With Court Judgement, Pay Innoson Or Risk Takeover by kenzysmith: 11:30am On Dec 03, 2021
izzy4shizzy:
This bank has lost its values, I remember when I first started banking with them, very excellent service, but now.

Total rubbish, would close my account very soon self
pls dont close ur acct am a gtb staff we need 2k frm ur money to add to repay our loan if gtb fold i lose my job dont be heartless

3 Likes

Re: John Ekpa: GTB Should Comply With Court Judgement, Pay Innoson Or Risk Takeover by gassbee: 11:30am On Dec 03, 2021
Bros which bank u wan take over, wake up day don break
Re: John Ekpa: GTB Should Comply With Court Judgement, Pay Innoson Or Risk Takeover by ugotaya: 11:33am On Dec 03, 2021
Court Of Appeal Has Dimissed Case Against Prophet Sotitobire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGVpXgss6yc
Re: John Ekpa: GTB Should Comply With Court Judgement, Pay Innoson Or Risk Takeover by ivolt: 11:37am On Dec 03, 2021
RoddyMan:

I agree that Innoson cannot takeover GTBank.
CBN may eventually intervene to bail out the bank.

But be very careful when reading meaning into the profits announced by banks.
There are a lot of shady underground deals going on in every bank.

What really determines a bank's stability is the capital base, total assets and liabilities.

4 Likes

Re: John Ekpa: GTB Should Comply With Court Judgement, Pay Innoson Or Risk Takeover by 36STATES: 11:37am On Dec 03, 2021
Terrier99:

You want to ruin Gtb the way you ruined Diamond Bank. Foolish Igbos.
Igbos don't repay loans. That is why Igbos don't own banks. You cheat and think you are smart. Now, Innoson has seen how stupid he is and you are both foolish.

1 kobo, innoson won't get. Ntoooor grin

Igbos don't own banks

Zennith
UBA
ACCESS
FIDELITY etc.

Maybe GTB in few months, fingers crossed!!

6 Likes

Re: John Ekpa: GTB Should Comply With Court Judgement, Pay Innoson Or Risk Takeover by Ayemileto(m): 11:37am On Dec 03, 2021
Nothingserious:
I used to think this was a joke ooo.
Why is the matter gaining momentum like this?

Please anyone who is well versed on this issue should tell us the true position of things.

GTB is one the systemically important banks in Nigeria.
In summary, this is what I can recall from the case:

1. GTB borrowed Innoson money for importation many years ago.

2. GTB over deducted the loan back from Innoson account, and deducted over ₦500m extra.

3. When Innoson audited his account, and saw the over deduction, he called the attention of GTB to it.

4. GTB investigated and agreed there was an over deduction. But the over deducted amount is less than what Innoson said.

5. Innoson agreed with the value GTB said was over deducted (which is less than the value the firm that audited his account pointed out).

6. Innoson asked GTB to pay back with 22% interest, which is the rate he used to pay back his loan with GTB.

7. GTB refused, and said they can only pay with 8% interest.

8. Innoson went to court. He won at the high court, appeal court, and then supreme court in 2019.

9. As the case was dragging in court all this years, the money kept increasing due to the 22% interest.

10. As at when Appeal court passed judgement, it was still around 8 billion Naira.

11. After supreme court pass judgement in 2019, GTB decided to change their name to GTCO and change their structure.

12. Many people believe GTB's Change of name and structure is a move to avoid paying the judgement debt (since the judgement debt is against GTB and not GTCO).

13. Innoson went to court to try to prevent them from changing name and structure, but he probably failed because GTB went ahead to change name and structure.

14. The judgement debt is currently over 33 billion, and increasing due to the 22% interest. GTB haven't shown any willingness to pay.

5 Likes

Re: John Ekpa: GTB Should Comply With Court Judgement, Pay Innoson Or Risk Takeover by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 03, 2021
mushystuff:

Whatever name it changes to will assume all assets and liabilities of GTB as it existed at the time the judgement debt was entered against it so it's of no moment what name the management decides to change to.
GTB don transfer all her asset to GTco
Re: John Ekpa: GTB Should Comply With Court Judgement, Pay Innoson Or Risk Takeover by ABANGWABOI(m): 11:40am On Dec 03, 2021
one4GOD:
how much.... grin grin

Lol.. you wn give me the money grin grin
Re: John Ekpa: GTB Should Comply With Court Judgement, Pay Innoson Or Risk Takeover by mrvitalis(m): 11:44am On Dec 03, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
GTB don become GTco
So when you owe debt and change name your debt disappear ?
Worse they can do is offer to pay him in shared them dilute the shares

3 Likes

Re: John Ekpa: GTB Should Comply With Court Judgement, Pay Innoson Or Risk Takeover by Micmuzac: 11:48am On Dec 03, 2021
Cantonese:
Ha.

thier legal department should be ripped to shreds and reconstituted if they had urged the board on this I knew they were loosing the moment they appealed instead of out of court settlement unless its malami that's the president of the supreme court of Sharia could they have overturned the previous judgement or get maina treatment, too much lawlessness in corporate entity

2 Likes

Re: John Ekpa: GTB Should Comply With Court Judgement, Pay Innoson Or Risk Takeover by jboy2014: 11:50am On Dec 03, 2021
All Ipob will agree with the supreme court on this judgment, but when it comes to IMO state, the supreme court is made up of Hausa judges...

One thing I know for sure is that the day an Ipob takes over GTB, is the last day I bank with them, can't trust my money with an ipob.
Re: John Ekpa: GTB Should Comply With Court Judgement, Pay Innoson Or Risk Takeover by Ayemileto(m): 11:50am On Dec 03, 2021
Terrier99:

Ngwakwe Aka Chukwudi419. You are notorious for your stupidity and inability to grasp legal issues. You always argue like a demented blockhead.

There was no change of name. Here is what happened.
A new legal entity called GTCO was incorporated at the Cac.
Gtbank sold all its assets to Gtco and collected pittance. It is not about the amount, but the symbolism. Offer, acceptance, consideration has passed. So, it's a valid contract.
It is not a mere change of name, it is not a merger or acquisition.
It is fools like you advising Innoson and that's why he is where he is.

Is it possible for GTB to sell all its assets to GTCO without selling it's liabilities? shocked shocked shocked

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

CBN Partners With Bitt Inc For eNaira, Shuns Nigerian Fintech Companies / CBN Suspends Dollar To Naira Trades Till Monday / How To Earn $50 Per Week Selling Other People's Products - Online Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.