Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Oil Company Job Or Traveling Abroad - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Oil Company Job Or Traveling Abroad (13010 Views)

Lagos Oil Company HND/Bsc Graduate Positions (=N=400K Monthly) / Apply For Coca-cola Company Job Recruitment (2 Positions) / “Don’t Come With Charms”, Oil Company Says In Job Test Invite. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oil Company Job Or Traveling Abroad by sammyj490(m): 12:01pm On Dec 03, 2021
I'm writing this on behalf of a friend, he got an employment opportunity into an oil company here in Nigeria. Also he got an opportunity to travel to Canada as a P.R.
He's confused on which to choose, please help out.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Company Job Or Traveling Abroad by LhasaAsp: 1:38pm On Dec 03, 2021
@ sammyj490
How much is the OP company salary?
Which country is he travelling to?
We need to weigh better options sometimes staying here might be profitable to us. It equally depends on going overseas also, is he going there to work? Study? Or do both.
The country of relocation is equally important.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Company Job Or Traveling Abroad by FactBoyz: 1:38pm On Dec 03, 2021
This lady on YouTube @Canadainfohub left her oil company job for Canada and said it was the best decision she made.

I would advise you choose Canada, at least get the PR; Nigeria is always here for you; Canadian Citizenship is for life!

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oil Company Job Or Traveling Abroad by ezeomoba: 1:38pm On Dec 03, 2021
Na werin no happen .. una want to post now

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Company Job Or Traveling Abroad by seanwilliam(m): 1:38pm On Dec 03, 2021
Oil company abeg.

If you get money , naija is the best.

Check my siggy , I buy at high rate

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oil Company Job Or Traveling Abroad by BazyLastard: 1:39pm On Dec 03, 2021
Is the offer in Dollars? Take it.

Else? Travel. I was in a similar position a few years ago. Accepted the offer in Naira and stayed because it was very big. Then the Naira began tumbling. After 3 - 4 years and multiple increments my salary was still a third of the initial value in dollars. It even got to the point that my employer was giving me increments for shits and giggles. I tried to renegotiate in dollars and they refused.

My mates that travelled then now had several investments in dollars and I was still struggling with the Naira.

My advice? If you don’t have a job in CA yet, you can take this one first, still accept the PR and quickly complete the PR process. Then use any friends address to start applying for jobs in CA. Interviews are all online now, nobody will know where you are. When you get one my brother japa abeg.

Leaving was one of the best decisions I made. Bubu and the rest of the political class all have visas and properties abroad. Them get another option na wetin make dem no send we country.

Give your children the privilege of foreign citizenship if you can. Na still we country, we go carry kaya enter back anytime we want.

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oil Company Job Or Traveling Abroad by Elock1: 1:39pm On Dec 03, 2021
angry
It depends on what that your friend prefers.

But someone like me I like to have my sanity and I Don think naija can give me that.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Company Job Or Traveling Abroad by KillIgbohoN0W: 1:39pm On Dec 03, 2021
How much be d oil company salary?
Filling station is also oil company, hope u know??

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Company Job Or Traveling Abroad by redcliff: 1:39pm On Dec 03, 2021
omo abroad is not what you think it is esoecially if you are keaving for the first time. you may regret

3 Likes

Re: Oil Company Job Or Traveling Abroad by louiskay(m): 1:39pm On Dec 03, 2021
Abeg, No carry Canada play

2 Likes

Re: Oil Company Job Or Traveling Abroad by signature2012(m): 1:39pm On Dec 03, 2021
Wait !!!!!!!
How do you guys be so indecisive about your life?
You have to come to a faceless forum to seek advice about your own life and future?

As for me,o don’t have any advice for you.
Choose what you feel is the best for your life.
There are somethings about yourselfyou alone know.
So coming here to seek this kind of advice is just too immature.

10 Likes

Re: Oil Company Job Or Traveling Abroad by LhasaAsp: 1:39pm On Dec 03, 2021
kes4glory:
I know this will may front page... FTC..... I remember how I got 10,000 from an FTC in 2019, I want to give back to society now

Okay give back to me shocked also cos I'm part of the society
Re: Oil Company Job Or Traveling Abroad by Ademola47(m): 1:39pm On Dec 03, 2021
sammyj490:
I'm writing this on behalf of a friend, he got an employment opportunity into an oil company here in Nigeria. Also he got an opportunity to travel to Canada as a P.R.

Provided the security situation of the oil company location is not tensed, it's cool.

Here, he's more likely to live an elite life considering the juicy Job offer.
Re: Oil Company Job Or Traveling Abroad by Abilistic(m): 1:39pm On Dec 03, 2021
We know your friend is YOU!
You are your friend

Please japa undecided

5 Likes

Re: Oil Company Job Or Traveling Abroad by Investorozay: 1:39pm On Dec 03, 2021
oil company work get levels
if na top tier oil firm its better than going abroad

7 Likes

Re: Oil Company Job Or Traveling Abroad by Lesbihornest(f): 1:39pm On Dec 03, 2021
Please refer to past questions on this topic.

We have treated it numerous times and we are tired..

We even do revision every two market days.

Make Una try dey rest

31 Likes

Re: Oil Company Job Or Traveling Abroad by Balistic4: 1:39pm On Dec 03, 2021
we have to understand that abroad is not for everyone. the question begging for answer is how much are they paying him for the oil company job and are there growth opportunities? Abroad is not easy oh, they don't pick money on ground over there.

My very close friend whom we worked together in an IT firm back in 2015 is currently in Australia. When we worked together as network engineers, he hardly do anything. Always complaining about one headache or the other, he was the first to retire after the day's work. Now, he is currently balling in Melbourne but he no longer sleeps. He does over 4 jobs over there as a student.

If the oil company job can pay from 1.5M per month or above over here and he has growth opportunities, then he should stay but otherwise, he should japa grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Oil Company Job Or Traveling Abroad by kudinkarfe: 1:40pm On Dec 03, 2021
Chose oil company, you might leave as second class citizen in Canada but you will be big boy in 9ja.

6 Likes

Re: Oil Company Job Or Traveling Abroad by wunmi590(m): 1:40pm On Dec 03, 2021

It depends on the level your friend would be in the oil company....

But for me, jakpa is the first move, even with P.R oo
Re: Oil Company Job Or Traveling Abroad by AsampeteNwaanyi(f): 1:40pm On Dec 03, 2021
oil company job

2 Likes

Re: Oil Company Job Or Traveling Abroad by Hassanmaye(m): 1:40pm On Dec 03, 2021
Elock1:
angry
It depends on what that your friend prefers.

But someone like me I like to have my sanity and I Don think naija can give me that.
Hi aha
Re: Oil Company Job Or Traveling Abroad by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:40pm On Dec 03, 2021
Canada PR. Oil company job can go anytime. Canada citizenship is for life.

3 Likes

Re: Oil Company Job Or Traveling Abroad by shawn55ng: 1:40pm On Dec 03, 2021
This is subject to personal decision.
Re: Oil Company Job Or Traveling Abroad by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 1:41pm On Dec 03, 2021
kes4glory:
I know this will may front page... FTC..... I remember how I got 10,000 from an FTC in 2019, I want to give back to society now
hey, one part of society here
Re: Oil Company Job Or Traveling Abroad by deepwater(f): 1:41pm On Dec 03, 2021
LOL##

U LIE!!!!

There is nobody wey canada give pali now wey go reject am dey reason oil company undecided

i bet u do not know the process involve in getting PR from canada.
the time and stress between application and getting PPR from IRCC as a PR is enough to clear your doubt and confusion about any nigerian oil compound abi company.

by the way for ur friend to get PR now shows he is not just your ordinary applicant ... he cant be confused, trust me...

no cruise u dey cruise

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Company Job Or Traveling Abroad by aryzgreat: 1:41pm On Dec 03, 2021
He better abscond out of this hell of a country. Even those that have been in oil company like NNPC etc are leaving their job to migrate and give their children a good future.

There is No HOPE in this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil Company Job Or Traveling Abroad by Akerele44(m): 1:42pm On Dec 03, 2021
sammyj490:
Oil company is okay bt just dat dey sacks people anyhow and most of them are contract staff although they pay there workers heavily
Re: Oil Company Job Or Traveling Abroad by EndBuhariNow(m): 1:42pm On Dec 03, 2021
seanwilliam:
Oil company abeg.

If you get money , naija is the best.

Check my siggy , I buy at high rate
9ja is better and u still begging for customers on local Nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Oil Company Job Or Traveling Abroad by WibusJaga: 1:42pm On Dec 03, 2021

Be specific na. Oil company can range from Palm oil/Groundnut oil, Petrol station, Oil Servicing or Oil Producing. Even the last 2 can be Indigenous or Multinational. & each of these get levels.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Friend Got This Message / Recruitment Into The Nigeria Police.. / Npower: Unable To Download PPA Letter After Physical Verification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.