Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

#DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? (18056 Views)

Good or bad parenting: Young Boy Steals Meat And Blames Devil For It / Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? / Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by CaptainAyub: 2:06pm On Dec 05, 2021
geezynoni:

Can't even blame school... I'd blame the children who decided to follow the path of evil.
Can't blame d kids cos they still so young though rascally.
Part of the reason ppl send their wards to boarding school is for disciplining.
I'm talking like this cos I went to boarding school and a minor seminary for that matter.
The Rev Frs or masters might not flog you but by the time you spend most evenings cutting grass while your mates are playing games,you go behave by force.
Then,to expell ppl is as easy and often as eating bread.
At a time,they found out ppl started misbehaving once they start writing WAEC,they changed d rule to "if you are expelled during WAEC,you forfeit the rest of the papers".
No be person go tell you to behave in such am environment.

2 Likes

Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by Crafteck1: 2:06pm On Dec 05, 2021
ModelLook:
Looking at this Dowen College Saga.

How these evil young secondary school boys run a CULT group in the school and killed an innocent JSS1 boy.

How the parents quickly hide them from persecution.

How the school are covering the story up and hiding the identity of the boys and parents.

I am beginning to wonder, who is to blame for this whole situation.

Is it THE PARENTS OR THE SCHOOL?

Some people say Bad Parenting is the genesis of it all because if the parents are training their children well, small secondary school kids of ages 11 to 16 shouldn't know anything that has to do with CULTISM at that age.

Some say Bad School training is the genesis. That the school is meant to train the students well and eradicate anything unlawfull in it. After all, the parents are paying huge sums of money for that.

Some say none are to blame?

After all, Train up a Child in the way he should go.

To you, who is to blame in this case. Is it Bad Parenting or Bad School Training

What are your thoughts?

M
Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by Dannydaking007(m): 2:06pm On Dec 05, 2021
I am a teacher. I get reports of bullying almost everyday. I can say it without mincing words... Parents are the pillar of the upbringing of a child, be it good or bad. Parents of these days are so money-conscious. They leave their parental duties and responsible child-training totally to the teachers. I've seen parents who umpteenth times gets invited about their children's bad behavior in school. There and then, they'd defend their children without paying attention to the facts. How's that child not going to bring shame to that family tomorrow?

The school also has their part of the blame. There's every right to expel a child who refuses to abide by the set down rules and regulations of the institutions. The good ones will come and stay. The ones that wish to change positively would also do same. Good name is better than Silver and Gold.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by JaskanFactor: 2:06pm On Dec 05, 2021
the culture of the world including Nigeria is this, lets all shit where we eat, so that eventually the children too come out covered in shit.

Everybody who went to school knows what wend down is nothing new, and far more serious is the fact that they can see all those bad boys in school, have grown up to be be doing far worse things than they did in school to society at large, with thier parents taking a hit along the way.

And my estimate is that this will continue to get worse, until people decide its to dangerous to be around other people, and everybody flees into to jungle to escape people and seek shelter amongst wild animals.

Cause too many people acting like enemy inside the common wealth of society, and nobody in their right mind will remain inside society that's harbouring too many people acting like enemy, both infant, young and old alike, cause a lot more people are saying this days that now the younger they are the more dangerous.

At this point, Society is overrated , cause too many people taking advantage, so that by now the stranger has no alibi , its no longer safe to help the stranger on a dark road at night, or even the helpless crying baby that could be a trap.

We are nearly there, cause even as we can all see civil servants genociding Nigerians in the north, people are still posting about davido rolls Roys car.
Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by Kingsean(m): 2:07pm On Dec 05, 2021
this is a case of bad parenting. the school should have also not neglected it's duties. well... these are the kids that deserve the electric chair treatment... 100%
Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by Crafteck1: 2:07pm On Dec 05, 2021
ModelLook:

But if the Parents had trained their children well from the start, don't you think there won't be anything like CULTISM being practised by them in the first place.

After all, charity begins at home.

A well brought up child shouldn't even think of anything related to Cultism at that age.

Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by YorubaEniEgun: 2:08pm On Dec 05, 2021
orisirisi something
Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by Elinosweet143(f): 2:08pm On Dec 05, 2021
In my own opinion the school is mostly to be blamed, firstly there was no proper modalities to checkmate cases of students behaving anyhow, secondly immediately the incident was confirmed and the boy rushed to d hospital what did d school do to immediately get hold of the bad boys, thirdly the school even went as far as saying the boy sustained the injury from the football field. As for the parent take it or leave it we are all very selfish wen it comes to our kids and it would naturally be hard for a parent to hand over his child to the authorities for his offence, and also speaking of home training, there are kids with good home training but somehow got inflenced negatively in school, so laslas na make God go just help us we go do our part leave the rest
Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by FreeStuffsNG: 2:09pm On Dec 05, 2021
Charity begins at home. Some parents even intimidate school and most times get away with it. I believe the school must have been lax in terms of enforcing discipline but the story of every child begins from the home. That's why parenting is the ultimate.
Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by generalwo(m): 2:10pm On Dec 05, 2021
A bulk of the blame should go to the school in this case.... The reason I said so is.... Any parent that forks out 1m for the school fees of a child in boarding in this country should have a certain level of trust in the school's ability to help mould the child into a decent citizen..... I can't pay 1m for school fees and still be scared as if the child is attending a tuition free school...... If the school had lived up to its responsibilities, then the cult group should have been noticed or detected earlier before it degenerated to this level...... But even after the incident, the school still tried to cover up the issue by lying to the world that the kid died of injuries sustained while playing football..... What does this tell you? To me, it simply means things of this nature and more are going on in the school which the world doesn't know yet.... The only reason I would blame the parents of the accused kids is because, they are trying to cover up a murder case which suggests the kind of parents they are...... So in this case.... On a scale of 100, I will blame the school 75% and the parents of the kids 25%
Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by TamiOkoroDedeh(f): 2:10pm On Dec 05, 2021
What Sylvester Oromoni would have looked like if those murderers hadn't had their wicked way. Rest in peace, Sylvester

Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by sulaak(m): 2:10pm On Dec 05, 2021
Bad Country
Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by sabbiboi: 2:12pm On Dec 05, 2021
MMotimo:

Similar to another sentiment that says your kids have to suffer for them to be emotionally strong and for them to be appreciative of their privilege/advantages. #urbanmyths

Wow! Interesting topic.
Your kids need to be taken through some rigorous exercises of life to be emotionally strong bro/sis.

Life and it teachings is not for the faint hearted, it takes consistent morals, strict instructions and God's will to raise a proper kid in these days.

The good book says,
"Fooly is bound up in the heart of a child, and the rod of correction shall drive it away"
Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by kingthreat(m): 2:12pm On Dec 05, 2021
Bad parenting. Most of those kids were spoilt and were not harshly disciplined. The foolish kids must have believed they will escape justice because of their parent's position or wealth. The parent will take the utmost blame.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by yinks77: 2:13pm On Dec 05, 2021
THE SCHOOL MANAGEMENT SHOULD BE BLAMED BECAUSE THER ARE CHILDREN WHO ARE WELL TAKEN CARE OF AT HOME BUT GO OUT THERE TO BECOME SOMETHING ELSE. HAVE SEEN CASES WHERE TENAGERS CAUGHT IN CRIMINAL ACT WERE PLEADING THAT THEIR PARENTS SHOULD NOT BE INFORMED ABOUT THEIR ACT.
Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by Bahamas95(m): 2:13pm On Dec 05, 2021
I blame parents for failing to do their homework very well.

At my age I find it very difficult to do some certain things my friends do with ease because I didn't do them from childhood.....Peer pressure didn't influence me in anyway. I had friends back then in primary/secondary school that smoke and do all sort of rubbish but I disassociated myself from them without anybody forcing me.

Parents shouldn't transfer all their responsibilities to teachers simply because they are paying one mumu school fees.
Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by tabaski: 2:13pm On Dec 05, 2021
donbachi:
I will give it to peer pressure.yes!

A good kid from a good home,with good parenting,in a good school.can meet bad eggs.that can lure them into some shiits.in the name of friendship.
this still bore down to bad parenting. If those supposed bad egg had good parenting,they won't indulge in bad vices. My take. Shalom
Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by Spherical77(m): 2:14pm On Dec 05, 2021
yemi1504:

Bad parenting is the issue here, the responsibility of a child falls mostly with the parents as the buck stops with them. The parents have more contact hours with the children than the schools as the school can only do so much. However, the school is culpable here by not accepting responsibility and worse hiding the identities of the criminals (and yes they are) and their parents.
You are right. No school teaches and encourage students to join cultism, bully and assault themselves, beat up teachers et al. Some of these children are spoilt from home. Which could be either bad parenting or total disobedience from them. These bad children will go out and influence the upright ones. Especially in boarding school. You know the school staffs can't be with the students 24/7. They could be doing all these cultists of a thing at mid night. They'd always find a way to hid their dirty shit. The school is definitely culpable for not being responsible and trying to sweep everything under the carpet. Heard this isn't the first iccident of students being bullied. Infact, this particular iccident the school attempted to hid it away from the public as usual by shutting up other students who witnessed the iccident as they tried to explain to them. The school is just after making money. The school management knows the parents of those killers. But because their parents are rich and well connected they couldn't speak out

Boarding school cannot stop existing. However, a reform should be made. How can they mixed junior and senior students together in the same hostel? Parents should have access to their wards on phone at least 3 times weekly. Senior school should be demarcated away from junior school. They shouldn't access same cafeteria, rest rooms, lecture halls, sport facilities amongst many others. There should be a counselling department in the school that'd be counselling the students. Through that, they could easily deduce what individuals might be passing through (psychologist come into play) There should be mandatory monthly visitation by parents and all nooks and cranny of the school should have CCTV camera

This would also go along way in curbing all sorts of crime in boarding school
Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by Spherical77(m): 2:14pm On Dec 05, 2021
yemi1504:

Bad parenting is the issue here, the responsibility of a child falls mostly with the parents as the buck stops with them. The parents have more contact hours with the children than the schools as the school can only do so much. However, the school is culpable here by not accepting responsibility and worse hiding the identities of the criminals (and yes they are) and their parents.
You are right. No school teaches and encourage students to join cultism, bully and assault themselves, beat up teachers et al. Some of these children are spoilt from home. Which could be either bad parenting or total disobedience from them. These bad children will go out and influence the upright ones. Especially in boarding school. You know the school staffs can't be with the students 24/7. They could be doing all these cultists of a thing at mid night. They'd always find a way to hid their dirty shit. The school is definitely culpable for not being responsible and trying to sweep everything under the carpet. Heard this isn't the first iccident of students being bullied. Infact, this particular iccident the school attempted to hid it away from the public as usual by shutting up other students who witnessed the iccident as they tried to explain to them. The school is just after making money. The school management knows the parents of those killers. But because their parents are rich and well connected they couldn't speak out

Boarding schools cannot stop existing. However, a reform should be made. How can they mixed junior and senior students together in the same hostel? Parents should have access to their wards on phone at least 3 times weekly. Senior school should be demarcated away from junior school. They shouldn't access same cafeteria, rest rooms, lecture halls, sport facilities amongst many others. There should be a counselling department in the school that'd be counselling the students. Through that, they could easily deduce what individuals might be passing through (psychologist come into play) There should be mandatory monthly visitation by parents and all nooks and cranny of the school should have CCTV camera

2 Likes

Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by olatuns2017: 2:15pm On Dec 05, 2021
ModelLook:

How these evil young secondary school boys run a CULT group in the school and killed an innocent JSS1 boy.

How the school are covering the story up and hiding the identity of the boys and parents.

Some people say Bad Parenting is the genesis of it all because if the parents are training their children well, small secondary school kids of ages 11 to 16 shouldn't know anything that has to do with CULTISM at that age.

Some say Bad School training is the genesis. That the school is meant to train the students well and eradicate anything unlawfull in it. After all, the parents are paying huge sums of money for that.

To you, who is to blame in this case. Is it Bad Parenting or Bad School Training

What are your thoughts?

It's been scientifically proven

Bad patenting = social vices= yahoo= kidnapping etc
Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by JaskanFactor: 2:16pm On Dec 05, 2021
seeing the other kids in school as a toy for you to play with their blood is nothing new, and when they finish doing harm at school, they grow up to do the same to the people at their place of work.

Its like a tree waiting to grow up to devour everything around it, meanwhile all its future victims hang around not knowing what monster is developing next to them.
Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by PoliteActivist: 2:16pm On Dec 05, 2021
Spherical77:

Boarding schools cannot stop existing. However, a reform should be made. How can they mixed junior and senior students together in the same hostel? Parents should have access to their wards on phone at least 3 times weekly. Senior school should be demarcated away from junior school. They shouldn't access same cafeteria, rest rooms, lecture halls, sport facilities amongst many others. There should be a counselling department in the school that'd be counselling the students. Through that, they could easily deduce what individuals might be passing through (psychologist come into play) There should be mandatory monthly visitation by parents and all nooks and cranny of the school should have CCTV camera

Well said

1 Like

Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by Lamasta(m): 2:17pm On Dec 05, 2021
All parties should be blamed in the innocent boy's death including the parent of the victim too
Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by olatuns2017: 2:18pm On Dec 05, 2021
generalwo:
A bulk of the blame should go to the school in this case.... The reason I said so is.... Any parent that forks out 1m for the school fees of a child in boarding in this country should have a certain level of trust in the school's ability to help mould the child into a decent citizen..... I can't pay 1m for school fees and still be scared as if the child is attending a tuition free school...... If the school had lived up to its responsibilities, then the cult group should have been noticed or detected earlier before it degenerated to this level...... But even after the incident, the school still tried to cover up the issue by lying to the world that the kid died of injuries sustained while playing football..... What does this tell you? To me, it simply means things of this nature and more are going on in the school which the world doesn't know yet.... The only reason I would blame the parents of the accused kids is because, they are trying to cover up a murder case which suggests the kind of parents they are...... So in this case.... On a scale of 100, I will blame the school 75% and the parents of the kids 25%

If you like pay 20biillion

If your child is brat from home
School can do little because school doesn't want to loose customers...

It's parent/ Guidance 70% social correction
School 30% social moulding
Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by BABANGBALI: 2:19pm On Dec 05, 2021
BREAKING: Dowen College Allegedly Sealed!

Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by BABANGBALI: 2:21pm On Dec 05, 2021
TamiOkoroDedeh:
What Sylvester Oromoni would have looked like if those murderers hadn't had their wicked way. Rest in peace, Sylvester
eyaaaaaaaaaaaa

1 Like

Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by PurpleSoftHub(m): 2:21pm On Dec 05, 2021
Blame the school authorities,
Blame the teachers
Blame the Boarding masters
Blame the school securities
Blame the all the parents
Blame the government
Blame everyone.
Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by Odidigboigbo(m): 2:21pm On Dec 05, 2021
Nemesis0147:
I blame the school/peer pressure because those kids spend much of their days and time in school.
But your folk are the same that will blames and call winners names for over tele-guiding their students.
Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by Amanda4life: 2:22pm On Dec 05, 2021
ModelLook:

What are your thoughts?

100% TO THE SCHOOLS AND MINISTER OF EDUCATION.

DO YOU KNOW WHY?

THE CULPRIT HAS BEEN UNDER THE SCHOOL MANAGEMENT CARE FROM THE DAY THEY BOARD THEM INTO THE SCHOOL.

THE MINISTER OF EDUCATION HAS TO SPELL OUT IN THEIR OWN WORDS , RULES GOVERING BOARDERS, ENSURE CERTAIN PUNISHMENT ARE IMPLEMENTED.
GOVERNMENT SHOULD HAVE PEOPLE, WHO WILL VISIT SCHOOLS FROM TIME TO TIME.

SCHOOL MAGT FAILED TO EMPLOY CAP ABLE SECURITY, INCLUDING POLICE TO GUARD THE PLACE.

MY CHILD CANNOT BE BOARD IN A SCHOOL WHERE THERES NO "REAL " UNIFORM MEN OR MAN, PLUS OTHER SECURITIES.

HOW CAN MY CHILD BE IN A SCHOOL WHERE THERS NO MAXIMUM SECURITY?
WHAT IF ONE MILLION BOYS DECIDES TO RAPE ALL THE GIRLS IN THE HOSTEL?
Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by akpunda86: 2:24pm On Dec 05, 2021
I rember my guy in Unizik the Dad was ogboni,from year one said he will be an Aye guy and yes he did and was killed in final year.

I went to University Primary School Enugu.i was innocent till I met the twin brothers,I was an ardent novel reader.wish can mention the kids name here,so they came bk from UK so infact I read the whole Novels in their house Having read the whole books in their house I wanted more,out of ignorance they gave me an occultic book,I couldn't comprehend the book at primary 6,I kept d book was like six books of Moses,brothers not fiction my bed was vibrating ,my parents ran away,I had strange occultic powers,strange things happening in my gouse,school was stopped for me .Three cats came to my room,two mad dogs came to my house,I float,my family scared,was hiding it from people,who say power no dey from Devil is a lie .In all this my problem was from the occultic book from my friends.
My elder broda saw the book after some months as I was not normal so opening the book was a warning on consequences of not completing once u start and that was where my problem was,Showed books to my parents and the book was burnt after prayers,as the book was burning was like a power was leaving me,till was burnt and I was okay.kids scared of me in school folks changed my school

So on this kids own,is what they emulated from their parents and an innocent kid was used as a victim .
Lord have mercy.
Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by ipobarethieves: 2:25pm On Dec 05, 2021
sad May the soul of the lil boy sleep well.
Re: #DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? by Amanda4life: 2:26pm On Dec 05, 2021
donbachi:
I will give it to peer pressure.yes!

A good kid from a good home,with good parenting,in a good school.can meet bad eggs.that can lure them into some shiits.in the name of friendship.

NO MATTER THE PEER PRESSURE, IT CAN BE CONTROL ED BY SCHOOLS. ,BUT WHEN IT GOES BEYOND THEIR CONTROL, THE CAN EXPELL THE CHILD FAST FAST AND MAKE SURE THE MATTER IS REGISTERED IN THE POLICE AND COURT OF LAW. TO ENABLE THE CULPRIT SIGN UNDERTAKEN.

SEE
AS SCHOOLS MGT , U NEED TO BE PROACTIVE.

U THINK FAST FAST, THINK AHEAD OF OTHERS,
UNFORTUNATE LY, THE MGT IS INSIDE AIR-CONDITIONING OFFICE, COUNTING THEIR MONEY, AND LOOKING FOR CHRONIC DEBTORS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Advice Needed From Mothers And Doctors In The House. / Man Absconds After Wife’s Scan Reveals Triplet / What TV Channel Do You Watch Together As A Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.