Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,151 members, 7,835,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Bags Of Money Found In Pastor Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church Bathroom - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bags Of Money Found In Pastor Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church Bathroom (33544 Views)

Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church Got $4.4 Million In Federal PPP Loans / Woman In Pastor David E. Wilson’s Alleged Sex Tape Identified (photos) / Just In: Pastor Who Predicted Buhari’s Victory Releases Fresh Prophecies. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bags Of Money Found In Pastor Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church Bathroom by Benrosaria(m): 1:26pm On Dec 05, 2021
Newsmic:
Police Questions American Pastor After Bags Of Money Were Found Hidden In Church Bathroom

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXCSWMcttsR/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Lies or not. With being the largest church in the USA, yet he is worth just $50mil, that’s probably a little less than what our governors are worth.

For whoever thinks to destroy Nigeria, is he is right senses
Re: Bags Of Money Found In Pastor Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church Bathroom by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:27pm On Dec 05, 2021
EVEN JUDAS BETRAYED JESUS CHRIST. sadTHIS IS LESS THAN 10% OUT OF 12DISCIPLES
CHRISTIANITY IS A PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WITH YOUR MAKER, GOD ALMIGHTY.IF YOU HAVE NOT EXPERIENCED GOD, YOU ARE IN D DARK. EVASIVE AND EXCESSIVELY WRECKLESS THE LIFESTYLE OF PASTORS CAN NEVER BE THE YARDSTICK TO JUDGE CHRISTIANITY. ULTIMATELY TRUST ONLY GOD BY HIS WORDS,THE BIBLE AND DONT LET WAYWARD PASTORS OR IGNORANT AETHEIST DECEIVE YOU. undecided
Re: Bags Of Money Found In Pastor Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church Bathroom by membranus: 1:36pm On Dec 05, 2021
Vickyvice:
All pastors, I repeat, all pastors are scammers. One winners branch near my flat, the pastor anytime he preaches, he always talks about thanks giving, and always be generous with your items for God blesses you according to how you give to God. Infact, they collect offerings twice at least, cause I always hear it when he announces it. Damn... Too bad. What people don't know is that church members are the god of the pastors, since Pastor own riches come from members of church,not God

I am sure he will be stealing the GO and church blind of the weekly tithes and offerings intake.
Most pastors of mega churches do this.

1 Like

Re: Bags Of Money Found In Pastor Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church Bathroom by Cokahot: 1:42pm On Dec 05, 2021
Why wasn't I the plumber. Imagine stolen funds still being untraceable. Na God blessings be that one. That plumber, na ogun go kill u. Idiot. Religion don turn both home and abroad to mumu
Re: Bags Of Money Found In Pastor Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church Bathroom by Montaque(m): 1:49pm On Dec 05, 2021
Money was stolen and hidden inside the toilet vent of a church. People are blaming the pastor of that church. Why and how will the Pastor do this to his own church's money? To me, he has no reason to do this. I suspect people that work in that church
Re: Bags Of Money Found In Pastor Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church Bathroom by PoliteActivist: 2:04pm On Dec 05, 2021
Montaque:
Money was stolen and hidden inside the toilet vent of a church. People are blaming the pastor of that church. Why and how will the Pastor do this to his own church's money? To me, he has no reason to do this. I suspect people that work in that church

Tells you how LOW the average IQ. What u wrote is obvious to a half-thinking person
Re: Bags Of Money Found In Pastor Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church Bathroom by BeeNation(f): 2:10pm On Dec 05, 2021
backbencher:
Hmm wonder what his fans will think.

I comment my reserve
did you read the post at All
Re: Bags Of Money Found In Pastor Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church Bathroom by donami(m): 2:28pm On Dec 05, 2021
This is the same story that happened days ago, the topic was twisted to paint the church and pastors bad

Re: Bags Of Money Found In Pastor Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church Bathroom by Mayeldah(m): 2:40pm On Dec 05, 2021
The Pastor may not be aware of the stolen fund hidden in walls, also the church informing the police about the find could mean they have no skeleton in their cupboard. One rogue usher could have done that!
Re: Bags Of Money Found In Pastor Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church Bathroom by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 05, 2021
BeeNation:
did you read the post at All

Yes, and I still comment my reserve for now....information sketchy.
Re: Bags Of Money Found In Pastor Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church Bathroom by Ferdinandu(m): 3:23pm On Dec 05, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

A) the church is not a pastor's business
B) there are books that document every penny they receive

yes that could be possible AS WELL AS the pastor could be the culprit.

if 600K is missing from the books, what else should they report, if not that 600k is missing? you think they never count and document how much money they make? do you think they just collect the money and hand it over to the "fraudster in robe" to do what he pleases with it?

true ...but aso remember that these fraudsters in robe are worth millions BECAUSE THEY STEAL TITHES MONEY TO USE AS THEIR OWN WEALTH!. the money they receive is to help the needy etc not to buy private jets and mansions.

Because owner of business does not do book keeping of his business transactions abi? See how you have been brainwashed. It is not his business yet when he dies his immediate family members takes possession of 100% of all the church assets. My friend grow up. I'm a serious fan of Joel Osteen but yet all these pastors, it doesn't stop me from knowing where spreading the Gospel stops and personal agranddizment starts
Re: Bags Of Money Found In Pastor Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church Bathroom by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 05, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

A) the church is not a pastor's business
B) there are books that document every penny they receive

yes that could be possible AS WELL AS the pastor could be the culprit.

if 600K is missing from the books, what else should they report, if not that 600k is missing? you think they never count and document how much money they make? do you think they just collect the money and hand it over to the "fraudster in robe" to do what he pleases with it?

true ...but aso remember that these fraudsters in robe are worth millions BECAUSE THEY STEAL TITHES MONEY TO USE AS THEIR OWN WEALTH!. the money they receive is to help the needy etc not to buy private jets and mansions.

Not defending Osteen but

1.The money was said to have vanished in 2014

2.Osteen immediately reported the theft to the law...and there was an investigation

3.If Osteen is stealing money, he won't be doing it that way. (And if he is, he really is dull). He would be stealing much more cleverly using untraceable methods.(at least until a federal investigator gets on the case...).

4.My money is on a church worker...who stole the money, and meant to come back for it, but the theft was reported, surveilance increased, and by the time the heat was off, the work on the bath was finished, and there was no way the guy could come back and take the money without rasing suspicion.

5.Of course, pastor could be responsible...but that doesn't sound like the way a CEO would steal. (I could be wrong tho)
Re: Bags Of Money Found In Pastor Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church Bathroom by dalass(f): 3:44pm On Dec 05, 2021
Golan007:

I think the guy is a fraudster but I'm not sure he had a hand in the heist.

Come to think of it, 600k was a portion of just one weekend's takings.

Most probably a thief among those in charge of collecting offerings who can't take out the money but can stash it in toilets pending when they can safely remove it.. They stole up to 600k at a time..... May be it's part of the stolen funds

1 Like

Re: Bags Of Money Found In Pastor Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church Bathroom by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:11pm On Dec 05, 2021
Ferdinandu:
Because owner of business does not do book keeping of his business transactions abi? See how you have been brainwashed. It is not his business yet when he dies his immediate family members takes possession of 100% of all the church assets. My friend grow up. I'm a serious fan of Joel Osteen but yet all these pastors, it doesn't stop me from knowing where spreading the Gospel stops and personal agranddizment starts

i am actually saying that the man is a thief....

backbencher:
Not defending Osteen but
1.The money was said to have vanished in 2014

only a very wealthy man can steal money and not touch it for that many years

2.Osteen immediately reported the theft to the law...and there was an investigation

that does NOT exclude him from the suspect list... if it was that easy to be innocent then all thieves will now report the crime they committed, after hiding away the proceeds. duh!

3.If Osteen is stealing money, he won't be doing it that way. (And if he is, he really is dull). He would be stealing much more cleverly using untraceable methods.(at least until a federal investigator gets on the case...).

this is an "untraceable method"....it only failed due to the broken toilets after 6 long years...

4.My money is on a church worker...who stole the money, and meant to come back for it, but the theft was reported, surveilance increased, and by the time the heat was off, the work on the bath was finished, and there was no way the guy could come back and take the money without rasing suspicion.

you watch too many movies.... if a thief knows that there is $600K hidden in the toilets, he will go and get it bu fury or by force. only a wealthy thief would let it be dormant for so long!

5.Of course, pastor could be responsible...but that doesn't sound like the way a CEO would steal. (I could be wrong tho)[/quote]
Re: Bags Of Money Found In Pastor Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church Bathroom by EmmaNuella77(f): 4:39pm On Dec 05, 2021
By wait o. Is it that you people didn't read the post or what?
Money that was reported missing from the church's account in 2014 was found recently. And y'all saying the pastor¿¿ pastor how? Someone that is worth billions of dollars will steal small change?

Besides this man is reputable. He wouldn't do such. And for the ones pointing fingers at the church saying all manner of ills when you don't even know the really story behind it. Shay you know God is watching. And he'll eventually vindicate his body(the church)!!
Re: Bags Of Money Found In Pastor Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church Bathroom by Princewell2012(m): 5:24pm On Dec 05, 2021
PastorM:

Lakewood, the Church, notified the Police Department, so who hid the money there?
An usher?

Of course it must be an user. They are in Charge of the money, it is not every user is a born again. church of that caliber should have a CCTV.
It is an opener for everyone to know and learn.
You and I should know that the senior pastor can never be aware of these. you
Re: Bags Of Money Found In Pastor Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church Bathroom by Princewell2012(m): 5:29pm On Dec 05, 2021
slowice:
Some church workers are being smart here..... The church is a mega one and rely on church workers to smoothly run services..... And after one weekend of massive donation, a smart ass hide some cash there since he cannot move the amount out of the church premises at once, he carefully hid it and will be moving them daily in small amounts.

Nawa ooo

Do they not supposed to have A CCTV in that kind of place, or probably the senior pastor don't know that that kind of things is even happening there.
Am sure he will do the needful now.
Re: Bags Of Money Found In Pastor Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church Bathroom by Princewell2012(m): 5:38pm On Dec 05, 2021
mightyhephzibah:

So whatcha point now? Nothing has been proven yet. No where states that pastor osteen hide the money there. Of course, he is the pastor and the main person for questioning. What judgement is beginning with him then. Please comprehend messages before commenting, you don’t have to always speak. Learn to keep quite. Biko!

It is very wrong to even suspect a pastor, is like saying pastor Oyedepo will be stealing from his own church offering. However I think Righteousness is not referring to the senior pastor either. an user could have done that who is also one of the church workers. Take it from me a church worker did that not an out Siders.

1 Like

Re: Bags Of Money Found In Pastor Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church Bathroom by slowice(m): 7:26pm On Dec 05, 2021
Princewell2012:

Do they not supposed to have A CCTV in that kind of place, or probably the senior pastor don't know that that kind of things is even happening there.
Am sure he will do the needful now.

In mega churches like that, a lot happens under the radar that the pastor don't know and may never know except God choose to expose them. Of course they will put in place mechanisms to prevent such but trust humans and their greed to find a way to beat it
Re: Bags Of Money Found In Pastor Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church Bathroom by lexy2014: 8:48pm On Dec 05, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

U earlier said it is d pastor that stole the money and hid it in d wall. Now who reported that 600k was missing? Who counted the money?
Re: Bags Of Money Found In Pastor Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church Bathroom by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:39pm On Dec 05, 2021
lexy2014:
U earlier said it is d pastor that stole the money and hid it in d wall. Now who reported that 600k was missing? Who counted the money?

come on bro....money is given as tithe in the church...NOT DIRECTLY TO THE PASTOR. so money is given and people working for the church would account for how much was given and possibly put in in a safe that very few people have the keys to....but certainly the yeye pastor has the key. so if it was someone working for the pastor who hid the money, they would have already taken back the money by now...
Re: Bags Of Money Found In Pastor Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church Bathroom by lexy2014: 9:46pm On Dec 05, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

come on bro....money is given as tithe in the church...NOT DIRECTLY TO THE PASTOR. so money is given and people working for the church would account for how much was given and possibly put in in a safe that very few people have the keys to....but certainly the yeye pastor has the key. so if it was someone working for the pastor who hid the money, they would have already taken back the money by now...

U haven't answered the questions I asked:

Re: Bags Of Money Found In Pastor Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church Bathroom by Angy55(f): 11:12pm On Dec 05, 2021
Piptocoin:
The senior pastor may not have any hand in this. Where supervision of finances is delegated there is bound to be issues like this. Even the late pastor David Yonggi Cho's son was involved in a financial mess that dragged the name of his father. People should stop pointing fingers until investigation has been concluded.

It baffles me honestly... There's no evidence pointing at Joel yet but our over sabi naira landers are already passing judgement on the man.

1 Like

Re: Bags Of Money Found In Pastor Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church Bathroom by PoliteActivist: 2:20am On Dec 06, 2021
Angy55:

It baffles me honestly... There's no evidence pointing at Joel yet but our over sabi naira landers are already passing judgement on the man.

I like the guy. Joel Osteen is such a likable positive guy

1 Like

Re: Bags Of Money Found In Pastor Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church Bathroom by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:44pm On Dec 06, 2021
lexy2014:
U haven't answered the questions I asked:

again, a man can steal money, hide it into the wall, then as he is the one who also has access to the money/safe REPORT THE THEFT to try to claim innocent.

the money was counted by whoever is in charge of tithes and they put the money in the safe. this person must be a trusted church worker/accountant.
Re: Bags Of Money Found In Pastor Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church Bathroom by lexy2014: 2:34pm On Dec 06, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

again, a man can steal money, hide it into the wall, then as he is the one who also has access to the money/safe REPORT THE THEFT to try to claim innocent.

the money was counted by whoever is in charge of tithes and they put the money in the safe. this person must be a trusted church worker/accountant.

Still doesn't answer my questions:

U earlier said it is d pastor that stole the money and hid it in d wall.

Now who reported that 600k was missing?

Who counted the money?
Re: Bags Of Money Found In Pastor Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church Bathroom by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:12pm On Dec 06, 2021
lexy2014:

Who counted the money?

you can ask the same question a 1000 times, and my answer will still be the same.. if you dont like my answer then deal with it....so again

QUESTION: who reported that 600k was missing?
REPLY: the man who reported the money missing could be the thief himself since the money isnt HIS but the church. so again, a man can steal money, hide it into the wall, then as he is the one who also has access to the money/safe REPORT THE THEFT to try to claim innocent.

QUESTION: who counted the money?
REPLY: the money was counted by whoever is in charge of tithes and they put the money in the safe. this person must be a trusted church worker/accountant. who counted the money is irrelevant to this issue, as the important question should be"who had access to the money?"
Re: Bags Of Money Found In Pastor Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church Bathroom by lexy2014: 3:15pm On Dec 06, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

you can ask the same question a 1000 times, and my answer will still be the same.. if you dont like my answer then deal with it....so again

REPLY: the man who reported the money missing could be the thief himself since the money isnt HIS but the church. so again, a man can steal money, hide it into the wall, then as he is the one who also has access to the money/safe REPORT THE THEFT to try to claim innocent.

REPLY: the money was counted by whoever is in charge of tithes and they put the money in the safe. this person must be a trusted church worker/accountant. who counted the money is irrelevant to this issue, as the important question should be"who had access to the money?"

Who counted the money?
Re: Bags Of Money Found In Pastor Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church Bathroom by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:35pm On Dec 06, 2021
lexy2014:
Who counted the money?

Re: Bags Of Money Found In Pastor Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church Bathroom by lexy2014: 4:12pm On Dec 06, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

Who counted the money?

If u pointed accusing fingers at d pastor Joel Osteen, what are d names and titles of d people who counted the money and reported the money missing?
Re: Bags Of Money Found In Pastor Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church Bathroom by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:14pm On Dec 06, 2021
lexy2014:

Who counted the money?
If u pointed accusing fingers at d pastor Joel Osteen, what are d names and titles of d people who counted the money and reported the money missing?

Re: Bags Of Money Found In Pastor Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church Bathroom by lexy2014: 4:16pm On Dec 06, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

Who counted the money?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Igbo Man Describes Jesus As Greek Idol, Warns Igbos To Stop Worshipping Him / Police Seal Ogun Celestial Church Where 9 Year Old Boy Was Chained (photos) / Fake Miracle Syndicate Arrested In Enugu, Says Pastor Hired Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.