Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,435 members, 7,812,293 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

POS Business:my Experience With A Scammer - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / POS Business:my Experience With A Scammer (826 Views)

Starting A New Internet Business - My Journey So Far. / Is POS Business Profitable? / Investment Opportunity In Palm Kernel Nut Crushing Business - My Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

POS Business:my Experience With A Scammer by Bmaster(m): 8:04am On Dec 05, 2021
Good day nairalanders.

[color=#006600][/color][b]I want to share my experience with a scammer who duped me of #20,000[/b]I

So there is this guy who walked into my shop where I'm staying.
Demanded for #500k,so I told him it #3000 if it's in cash he needed it,and #1500 if I'm to transfer it to another account.

The said he needs cash,so I slot his ATM card to withdraw #500k,but it declined.
The response was "exceeded withdrawal limit".
So I ask him if he had withdrawn from his card today he said yes,that he withdrew #367000 earlier that day.
So I supposed since it's savings account,his limit will be #500k for a day.
So I tried#133,000 and it was successful.
I paid him and we renegotiated how much will be my service charge,and he paid me.
Then he put a call from his phone and I could hear him telling his contractor that he couldn't buy all the goods he came to buy based on the fact that he has exceeded his withdrawal limit,and again he started murmuring on how he will return back to his far destination without buying all the goods he came for.
He then ask me to help him,he said he had another account but the ATM card of that account has expired.
So he pleaded with me to accept a transfer of #20,000 naira so he can finish buying what he came for,I told him I don't accept transfer, again he pleaded.
I said okay but I won't pay you,not until I receive your money in my account,he agreed.
He now did #20,000 and it was successful,I paid him.
He went his way,then after like 1hour he came back and said I should help him again with #20,000 I said okay.
So this time around he did a fake transfer,and he was debited,but I was not credited.
So after like 5 mins,he asked me to hold his ATM card with me and he dropped something that was in a carton,and asked me to hold keep yo those two items in my custody and give him #20000,let him go and pay for the goods he bought.
I agreed,and told him to as well give me his phone number and he did.
That was how he scammed me,and left with my #20000.
After like 5hours when I couldn't see him,I opened the carton of goods he kept with me,and lo and behold it was pieces of small woods stucked inside a fine new carton of LG home theater.
And since yesterday morning till now,dude hasn't pick up his call.

Please share your experience with a scammer if you have encountered one before as a POS operator,let's learn.

mods please push to front page,let everybody know the new format scammers are using now
Cc:lalasticlala
Cc:mynd44
Cc.seun

2 Likes

Re: POS Business:my Experience With A Scammer by nzeobi(m): 8:15am On Dec 05, 2021
Put his phone number here and try to report that account
Re: POS Business:my Experience With A Scammer by ITbomb(m): 8:22am On Dec 05, 2021
Imagine the stress. I'm too connected to soil my name for 20k

I believe you have his account number and name, maybe you didn't want to pursue the matter
Re: POS Business:my Experience With A Scammer by oazeez1991(m): 8:31am On Dec 05, 2021
Lesson learnt. Thanks for sharing.

My own bad experience was when a customer, one of this network marketer came 2 me 2 help transfer 2 his account so he could use 2 buy their product which he needed 2 do ASAP, there was error while trying 2 do so using my Mobile App as d bank service was poor that moment which made me conclude d transaction wasn't successful, and since d customer in question was in haste and I had other customers 2 attend 2, I had 2 return his money so he could try somewhere else, lo and behold, an hour later, I received a debit alert 4rm my bank 4 same transaction I assumed 2 av failed. There was no way I could contact d customer. So, I went 2 my bank 2 complaint, was told d transaction was successful. I hoped 4 a week 2 see whether d customer would comeback 2 acknowledge it, but NO, he didn't, even after confirmation 4rm his bank that he did received value 4 d transaction. I had 2 learn 4rm my mistake, count my lost and moved on. It's one of d hazard of this hustle.
Re: POS Business:my Experience With A Scammer by oazeez1991(m): 8:45am On Dec 05, 2021
ITbomb:

I believe you have his account number and name, maybe you didn't want to pursue the matter

Sir, there is nothing 2 pursue in this regard cos there are no concrete evidence 2 back up d claim.
Those who pursue scammed incidence are those with evidence like CHATS, CALL HISTORY that shows d transaction was carried out.
What evidence does Op has 2 defend himself? Anything that is not in WRITTEN FORM i.e. A WRITTEN AGREEMENT is a lost battle, unless nature just choose 2 vidincate d victim. Even court don't hold mere words as valid, unless in cases where there is eyewitness (even with that, there would still be doubt cos eyewitness could be bride or coarce 2 support d complainant).
Plus, if he should choose 2 pursue it, he might end up spending more than what has been lost, likewise wasting time that he would av use 4 a more productive task.
Re: POS Business:my Experience With A Scammer by Nobody: 8:59am On Dec 05, 2021
oazeez1991:

Sir, there is nothing 2 pursue in this regard cos there are no concrete evidence 2 back up d claim.
Those who pursue scammed incidence are those with evidence like CHATS, CALL HISTORY that shows d transaction was carried out.
What evidence does Op has 2 defend himself? Anything that is not in WRITTEN FORM i.e. A WRITTEN AGREEMENT is a lost battle, unless nature just choose 2 vidincate d victim. Even court don't hold mere words as valid, unless in cases where there is eyewitness (even with that, there would still be doubt cos eyewitness could be bride or coarce 2 support d complainant).
Plus, if he should choose 2 pursue it, he might end up spending more than what has been lost, likewise wasting time that he would av use 4 a more productive task.
You believe everything on internet, so the person I never knew from Adam came to me, pls hold my goods ,give me 20000 thousand... OP, if were the one, would you do that... If you must accept the goods, he or she must open the content for you, what if the content was cocaine or something that will take to prison for life...... OP stop believe anything on internet. why not snap the carton of pieces of wood for us to see.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: POS Business:my Experience With A Scammer by ITbomb(m): 12:39pm On Dec 05, 2021
For every transaction, there must be acceptance at both end, even if I mistakenly send you money with no chat history and I approach my bank, my bank will ask the recipient bank to do a PND on the account pending when the owner comes to make enquiries. There and then, if he comes, the account holder will be asked as to the purpose of the transaction under review.
If he does not provide satisfactory answer, or keep denying it, the account will be flag for fraud
You might need some relationship with your account manager to see it through as most bankers are already overstressed to follow up some personal cases
oazeez1991:

3 Likes

Re: POS Business:my Experience With A Scammer by Bmaster(m): 12:49pm On Dec 05, 2021
I will put his number here and a picture of the ATM card he left for me here too,if paradventure he fails to show up on Tuesday.

Note:Mondays are sit-at-home in our own part of Nigeria
Re: POS Business:my Experience With A Scammer by Bmaster(m): 12:52pm On Dec 05, 2021
ThankUJesus:

You believe everything on internet, so the person I never knew from Adam came to me, pls hold my goods ,give me 20000 thousand... OP, if were the one, would you do that... If you must accept the goods, he or she must open the content for you, what if the content was cocaine or something that will take to prison for life...... OP stop believe anything on internet. why not snap the carton of pieces of wood for us to see.
I am planning to do so,and not only that.
I am about to spend more on this case,how much I dey make for POS biz in a month to lose whooping sum of #20,000,
But only if he fails to show up on Tuesday
Re: POS Business:my Experience With A Scammer by Bmaster(m): 12:54pm On Dec 05, 2021
nzeobi:
Put his phone number here and try to report that account
I will to that sir,
Let me wait until Tuesday first
Re: POS Business:my Experience With A Scammer by Bmaster(m): 1:05pm On Dec 05, 2021
ITbomb:

I don't sir.
I only have his phone number (which of course is still ringing till now)and his ATM card and a carton of LG home theater which it's content is small nicely packed small pieces of wood.
And again,I have a copy of the successful #133,000 withdrawal he made on my POS.
And a credit alert of #20000 which he did first that was successful.
I have also contacted both MTN and my account officer,and the below pic is the reply I got from them both.

I also sent the dude a message and he ain't replying

(1) (Reply)

Make 100k Monthly With Paypal Arbitrage / Livegood Is A Product Company With A Difference|affiliate Marketing / Collective Investment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.