Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,047 members, 7,828,689 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Miss "Koi Koi" A Myth Or Legend?? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Miss "Koi Koi" A Myth Or Legend?? (825 Views)

Love Is Not A Myth / Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God / CROSS (magic. Sorcery. Myth) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Miss "Koi Koi" A Myth Or Legend?? by leetylee: 9:17am On Dec 05, 2021
THE STORY OF MISS KOI KOI.

Madam Koi Koi (Lady Koi Koi, Miss Koi Koi, also known in Ghana as Madam High Heel or Madam Moke, Tanzania as Miss Konkoko, South Africa as Pinky Pinky) is a ghost in Nigerian and African urban legend who haunts dormitories, hallways and toilets in boarding schools at night, while in day schools, she haunts toilets and students who come to school too early or leave school late. She is often depicted wearing a pair of red heels or wearing a single heel.

She is one of the most popular boarding school ghosts in Nigeria, Ghana and South Africa.

Miss Koi-koi is/was a notorious celebrity female ghost mostly encountered by pre-teen and teen girls and boys in Nigerian secondary schools in the late 90s and 2000s.

The ORIGIN OF MISS KOI KOI.

Miss Koi Koi is a metaphysical phenomenon that was traced to catholic schools and other educational institutions owned by bodies of faith. Usually, the executives of such schools only made fellow worshippers heads over them- a catholic school would hence be headed by a staunch catholic and in some cases even a reverend sister/mother superior.

When these people and other faith-based employees died, they were buried within the school compounds for a memorial for their contribution to that educational ecosystem.

We all know catholic rites and rituals preceding the funeral of a member, especially if the member was in any association in the church or had ascended to the rank of a knight or so. Those things would be done with the rites mostly performed by a Bishop, an Archbishop or even a Cardinal and the dead would be buried in specific mystic circumstances I cannot say here.

Usually, after the funerals, those spirits would reincarnate, possess certain girls or be found at specific places in the school at specific unholy hours doing very frightening things to students especially those ones she was friendly with.

It was rumoured that she'd often be seen/heard moving and loudly dropping their stuff in their very presence, plaiting their hair by midnight, using fingernails on their genitals, breathing warmly over them while they are/were naked, scribbling on their note books, opening and spilling their beverages or her signature performance of moving eerily with the steps of a lady in very conspicuously pointed heels, thus the "koi koi" onomatopoeia.

Did you ever experience this phenomenon?
Tell us here.

Compiled by King TrustGod
With some excerpts from IIvan-Whyte Eagle Lawson.
Cc mynd44
Lalasticlala
Dragnet please take this to the promise land.
*Copied
©2021

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miss "Koi Koi" A Myth Or Legend?? by dawnomike(m): 9:26am On Dec 05, 2021
Those days when boarding house was still boarding house....

1 Like

Re: Miss "Koi Koi" A Myth Or Legend?? by Emecson(m): 10:11am On Dec 05, 2021
Me na bush baby mat i Carry run, I go hide for 7 days after 7days I still dey broke ooo

1 Like

Re: Miss "Koi Koi" A Myth Or Legend?? by Dathypebruv(m): 11:19am On Dec 05, 2021
@leetylee tag mods

2 Likes

Re: Miss "Koi Koi" A Myth Or Legend?? by leetylee: 7:59pm On Dec 06, 2021
Emecson:
Me na bush baby mat i Carry run, I go hide for 7 days after 7days I still dey broke ooo

Did you really see the mat or it was just tell tales
Re: Miss "Koi Koi" A Myth Or Legend?? by Emecson(m): 9:52pm On Dec 06, 2021
leetylee:

Did you really see the mat or it was just tell tales
I saw d mat, no joke
Re: Miss "Koi Koi" A Myth Or Legend?? by leetylee: 9:38am On Dec 07, 2021
Emecson:
I saw d mat, no joke

I only imagine, study shows what Africans call bushbaby is a forest lemur. You took somebody else's mat grin

(1) (Reply)

Do You Have Articles Or Books To Sell On Campus? / Paradox Of A Poet / All Nl Authors Pls Drop A Word Of Advice/ A Little Extra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.