Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

I Need Professional Help To Setup 3.5 Acres Cucumber Farm - March - May 2022 - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Need Professional Help To Setup 3.5 Acres Cucumber Farm - March - May 2022 (591 Views)

My Profitable Cucumber Farm . / My Cucumber Farm Dairy / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Professional Help To Setup 3.5 Acres Cucumber Farm - March - May 2022 by 9jaHubSpot: 6:14pm On Dec 05, 2021
I Need Professional Help To Setup 3.5 Acres Cucumber Farm - March - May 2022

Is there any Nairalander that is willing to manage this process and my cassava farm with experience ?

I'm willing to pay if I can get a professional to manage the process from start to finish

I am willing to source for four manual workers

I am interested in setting it up either in Ogun or Oyo state

1 Like

Re: I Need Professional Help To Setup 3.5 Acres Cucumber Farm - March - May 2022 by Riverville(m): 8:05pm On Dec 05, 2021
Are you a busy person?.... I will advise you manage your farm yourself cos people are not trustworthy.. You should only engage them as consultant
Re: I Need Professional Help To Setup 3.5 Acres Cucumber Farm - March - May 2022 by 9jaHubSpot: 7:53am On Dec 06, 2021
Still searching
Re: I Need Professional Help To Setup 3.5 Acres Cucumber Farm - March - May 2022 by 9jaHubSpot: 7:53am On Dec 06, 2021
Riverville:
Are you a busy person?.... I will advise you manage your farm yourself cos people are not trustworthy.. You should only engage them as consultant

Consultancy role is what i'm seeking
Re: I Need Professional Help To Setup 3.5 Acres Cucumber Farm - March - May 2022 by Ddoreen1: 8:03am On Dec 06, 2021
Dm me. On the said proposed farm, have you Make any arrangement on irrigation incase of scarcity of rain?
9jaHubSpot:

Re: I Need Professional Help To Setup 3.5 Acres Cucumber Farm - March - May 2022 by dorispray: 4:47pm On Dec 06, 2021
9jaHubSpot:

Alright sir. Feel free to send me a DM or email (address on my signature). I can offer you my technical advice/assistance regarding your request.
Re: I Need Professional Help To Setup 3.5 Acres Cucumber Farm - March - May 2022 by 9jaHubSpot: 11:53am On Dec 12, 2021
Ddoreen1:
Dm me. On the said proposed farm, have you Make any arrangement on irrigation incase of scarcity of rain?

That's the issue. No
Re: I Need Professional Help To Setup 3.5 Acres Cucumber Farm - March - May 2022 by Nezzjnr: 1:47pm On Dec 12, 2021
Ddoreen1:
Even with presence of Rain.... Baba has to make sure he get irrigation kits....It's a Must
Re: I Need Professional Help To Setup 3.5 Acres Cucumber Farm - March - May 2022 by Attit: 1:57pm On Dec 12, 2021
9jaHubSpot:

That's the issue. No
Brother, take your time very well. With this response, I can see you are already having a second thought using rain which is the right way forward.

You problem will make you to be successful if you can find solution to it.

I do not want to start introducing you to many things since I dont know your level, but that you came here to ask means you dont want to fail. And I saw your persistence until I came in. Did you notice that almost non of them warned you until I did. Not until I started cursing them after they attacked me others started telling you the truth. This is how they are my brother in this agric business.. and even many new comers like you too are wayo (not saying you are). So, it is why I dont even blame some other people who wont tell newbies anything.

My suggestion now is that you make deep research.

1. Do not look at the profit alone. I know you want to go into fam and make it fast with 12 acres. No, dont think this way again. I had this way of thought when I started too, and when i realised that the hindrances on farm are too many, I restrategized.

2. Every farm and location has it's own unique challenge. I can only give you what generally works, but you still need to go to your fam to work it out, and solve problems peculiar to your farm. Many want me to teach them what works, and also even go do magic on their farms. This is why I dont work with people. It is why I dont consult too. But I still help people.

3. If you know there is no way but to buy irrigation, then, you should not consider corn. This is the truth. Most of the people who attacked me have even read my posts, and they have seen crops which are more valuable. That's why they are saying using drip for corn is not profitable. Well, they are wrong cos it is profitable, but I cannot buy drip solely for corn too. I will rather focus on another crop, and then use corn as a rotational crop. Actually, this is what I do.

4. So, for the fact that you will invest in irrigation, it is wise you learn other high valued crops. Hope you get me. So, you need to go back to the drawing board.

5. It depends on what you want to do. You can even still manage sprinker. But what kind of sprinker? There are many terrible ones out there, but there are still good ones. We are in december.. see...if you use sprinker and you start right now, you will hit it with local vegetables also. You combine local veggies with corn...and use sprinker. But you will need a land near river. And the land you have may not have water. Since water is scarce, we dont recommend sprinkler. This is why we always recommend drip irrigation. If you are using borehole, just know that its drip that is your best option.

6. Hmmmm. So, you may really need to hold on. Or maybe if you are the strong type, just take the pain and put borehole on your farm if the farm is yours. And if you can get a leased land near river, fine...but make sure it is not inside down the bush where you can only access your farm with a bike. Nope. One acre is ok for you. Bro...there are other crops...to make it big time...okra is easy as a new comer. You can do it. Then after, you put corn there. And if its corn you still want to do first...fine. then do okra after.. there are other vegetables. And many here have started even with tougher crops like cucumber first.

The point is that you dont need 12 acres. You need just 1 to 3 acres to start. Infact, 1 is ok. And if you are the fast type, sir....go and ask every farmer who knows about vegetables: cucumber, tomato, sweet pepper, chilli, habanero, are crops which can make you rich.

The cost of preparing 1 acre for corn cannot be less than N20k. 10 acres will be more than N200k. If it's a bush, it will cost much more. Then the cost of seeds, chemicals, fertilizer, etc....sir, I see you spending even over N700k or close to N1million or even more for that project you want to do on 12 acres relying on rain. Sir, if you invest in irrigation, you work pn only 1 acre, and you learn these crops I have mentioned, the profit you will make willl be more than that of corn on 12 acres. This is why you see them talking about economics of whatever. But truly, they mostly learned these things on my thread cos I always make analysis. Not saying I am the only one doing it...there are many outstanding farmers here...but those ones on your previous threads are thieves.

So, go through threads here. Look at cucumber, tomato, pepper thread. Also look at Nigerian veggies like ugu, spinach and many other SW green veggies. Check okra, watermelon, cabbage, carrot, onion, eggplant, radish, and lettuce threads. These are all high valued vegetables.

Also, check sweet corn. It is highly profitable. See, if you are serious and you really want to learn, you will make it. And if you are ready to set up excellently. You will make it my brother.

Ask me any question, and I will gladly attend to you. If it is related to corn, ask me on your thread. And if it is other vegetables, go to any of my thread and ask me, I will answer you.

Dont fall into the hands of these "wereys". They are losers and are looking for who to use as stepping stones.

1 Like

Re: I Need Professional Help To Setup 3.5 Acres Cucumber Farm - March - May 2022 by Bounce9533: 11:28am On Mar 07, 2022
Contact Bosun Agricbusiness and consultancy on 08125482557 if you're interested in venturing into either of crop production or animal husbandry business.
Re: I Need Professional Help To Setup 3.5 Acres Cucumber Farm - March - May 2022 by SocialJustice: 5:08pm On Mar 07, 2022
9jaHubSpot:
I Need Professional Help To Setup 3.5 Acres Cucumber Farm - March - May 2022

Is there any Nairalander that is willing to manage this process and my cassava farm with experience ?

I'm willing to pay if I can get a professional to manage the process from start to finish

I am willing to source for four manual workers

I am interested in setting it up either in Ogun or Oyo state
Use your money to buy USD stable coins and rest if you can't manage your new farm yourself. Better the money does not grow than for you to lose it.

(1) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why Cashew Nuts Are So Expensive / What Is The State Of Agriculture In The Niger Delta? / Farming In The Free World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.