Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,171 members, 7,856,710 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 05:11 AM

Meet The Only Lady Repairing Mobile Phones In A Borno Town - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meet The Only Lady Repairing Mobile Phones In A Borno Town (2406 Views)

JAMB Proposes Mobile Phones For 2023 UTME / Lifting The Ban On No Mobile Phones In High School. YES OR NO??? / NASU Strike: MOUAU Students Charge Phones In Large Number (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Only Lady Repairing Mobile Phones In A Borno Town by SiggyNG: 6:39pm On Dec 05, 2021
Update from SIGGY

A young lady has celebrated how she defied all odds to become the only phone repairer and technician so far known in Mafa Local Government of Borno state, Siggy reports.

Falmata, as she is simply known as was trained by Plan International, an international non-profit organization focusing on promoting children rights and equality for girls.

She expressed her gratitude to the organization for the training. She said:

"We have only few men repairing phones and the demand is so high in Mafa LGA of Borno State. I thank Plan International for training me and supporting me with some tools like metre, engine, screens and other tools for repairing phones.

I was not working but because of Plan International’s intervention in my community, I have a business of my own.
"

She further narrated to Yerwa Express News how she withstood pressure from her people, who think the business does not suit her gender as a woman.

"Even when people try to discourage me, I chose to learn how to fix phones. We have only few men repairing phone and the demand is so high in Mafa LGA of Borno state. I thank Plan International for training me and supporting me with some tools like metre, engine, screens and other tools for repairing phones.

I was not working, I have no business but because of Plan International’s intervention in my community, I have a business of my own. I can now fix phones screen, change mouthpiece and charging port, I can also do other repairs as well. Those who were discouraging me are also bringing their phones for repair.
"

https://campusnews.medium.com/meet-the-only-lady-repairing-mobile-phones-in-a-borno-town-457d86a8c1e1

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Only Lady Repairing Mobile Phones In A Borno Town by SiggyNG: 6:40pm On Dec 05, 2021
grin grin
Re: Meet The Only Lady Repairing Mobile Phones In A Borno Town by Brandonx(m): 6:47pm On Dec 05, 2021
It’s Not a good thing, In Borno for that matter undecided

Her type can even learn how to produce bombs and other explosives .

5 Likes

Re: Meet The Only Lady Repairing Mobile Phones In A Borno Town by garriAndsugar: 6:52pm On Dec 05, 2021
So people even use phones in borno state? grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Only Lady Repairing Mobile Phones In A Borno Town by MufasaLion: 7:01pm On Dec 05, 2021
Commendable!!!

I can't imagine my soul living in that war torn State.
Re: Meet The Only Lady Repairing Mobile Phones In A Borno Town by cassidy1996(m): 8:00pm On Dec 05, 2021
Kudos to her
Re: Meet The Only Lady Repairing Mobile Phones In A Borno Town by Joelobioha(m): 8:16pm On Dec 05, 2021
Lemme teach her to make bombs or turn dvds into lasers... cooljust incase

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Only Lady Repairing Mobile Phones In A Borno Town by SportsHD: 8:33pm On Dec 05, 2021
If iswap catches her, they'll teach her how to program mobile phones as remote detonators grin.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Only Lady Repairing Mobile Phones In A Borno Town by Nicklaus619(m): 9:26pm On Dec 05, 2021
Brandonx:
It’s Not a good thing, In Borno for that matter undecided

Her type can even learn how to produce bombs and other explosives .

So much senselessness in one statement, how old are u undecided

5 Likes

Re: Meet The Only Lady Repairing Mobile Phones In A Borno Town by gulfer: 9:56pm On Dec 05, 2021
I think this is just for the social media; I can see the kapito of the real phone repairer on the table grin grin grin grin
Re: Meet The Only Lady Repairing Mobile Phones In A Borno Town by Generalwoodz(m): 10:13pm On Dec 05, 2021
When you look closely at the extreme by your right you'd see the owner's cap... And you'd also understand that girl in the picture is just acting out a poorly written script... I also suspect she went to mallam's shop and collected better dick and that explains why she's... When you look up by your right just above the cap, you would see the girls pants...they fuccked. You think I'm clowning? Check also the pussy cream by your right too.

By your far left there's a condom. Go figure it out by yourself

5 Likes

Re: Meet The Only Lady Repairing Mobile Phones In A Borno Town by Kriss216: 11:55pm On Dec 05, 2021
So, what's wrong or unique in a woman repairing phones?

Is the future no longer femail?
Re: Meet The Only Lady Repairing Mobile Phones In A Borno Town by arleck(m): 3:09am On Dec 06, 2021
Them swear for una with hijab Bigotts
Re: Meet The Only Lady Repairing Mobile Phones In A Borno Town by RoyalBoutique(m): 6:36am On Dec 06, 2021
Generalwoodz:
When you look closely at the extreme by your right you'd see the owner's cap... And you'd also understand that girl in the picture is just acting out a poorly written script... I also suspect she went to mallam's shop and collected better dick and that explains why she's... When you look up by your right just above the cap, you would see the girls pants...they fuccked. You think I'm clowning? Check also the pussy cream by your right too.

Misyarn
Re: Meet The Only Lady Repairing Mobile Phones In A Borno Town by AllahIsGarbage: 7:06am On Dec 06, 2021
What he says is credible. Mobile phones can be used as remote detonators for IEDs. Groups like ISIS love using mobile phones for detonating explosives.

[img]https://images./1xXPhXW8U5Fh7uacfydKbb.jpg[/img]

Nicklaus619:

So much senselessness in one statement, how old are u undecided
Re: Meet The Only Lady Repairing Mobile Phones In A Borno Town by Nicklaus619(m): 7:18am On Dec 06, 2021
AllahIsGarbage:
What he says is credible. Mobile phones can be used as remote detonators for IEDs. Groups like ISIS love using mobile phones for detonating explosives.

[img]https://images./1xXPhXW8U5Fh7uacfydKbb.jpg[/img]

Why are u guys always looking to pin point negativity in every positive news Are u guys allergic to successes

Is she the only phone repairer in Borno, ?? No, why then trying to connect her to terrorism The fact that she's a female and bold to take such step in such a venture is commendable, commend her and move on, you will not die

1 Like

Re: Meet The Only Lady Repairing Mobile Phones In A Borno Town by AllahIsGarbage: 7:26am On Dec 06, 2021
It's not negativity, but being alert to possible dangers. Isis, Al Qaeda, Al Shabab and other Islamist groups use mobile phones as remote controls for setting off home made bombs from a safe distance. To choose to ignore such an important and obvious security risk would be worse than stupidity.

[img]https://images./KJG6nHZI9SQI3Lhvx5J0G.jpg[/img] [img]https://images./4n1yijbH0eHVPBQqHQj45f.jpg[/img]

Nicklaus619:

Why are u guys always looking to pin point negativity in every positive news Are u guys allergic to successes

Is she the only phone repairer in Borno, ?? No, why then trying to connect her to terrorism The fact that she's a female and bold to take such step in such a venture is commendable, commend her and move on, you will not die
Re: Meet The Only Lady Repairing Mobile Phones In A Borno Town by padi94(m): 7:31am On Dec 06, 2021
Skill acquisition sets one for life... But those wey dey repair phone na who them dey use am call
Re: Meet The Only Lady Repairing Mobile Phones In A Borno Town by Nicklaus619(m): 8:09am On Dec 06, 2021
AllahIsGarbage:
It's not negativity, but being alert to possible dangers. Isis, Al Qaeda, Al Shabab and other Islamist groups use mobile phones as remote controls for setting off home made bombs from a safe distance. To choose to ignore such an important and obvious security risk would be worse than stupidity.

[img]https://images./KJG6nHZI9SQI3Lhvx5J0G.jpg[/img] [img]https://images./4n1yijbH0eHVPBQqHQj45f.jpg[/img]

Why haven't u written a petition to the presidency to ban all phone repairers in Nigeria because say them fit make bomb
Re: Meet The Only Lady Repairing Mobile Phones In A Borno Town by oglalasioux(m): 9:41am On Dec 06, 2021
Is writing about her necessary? Those sons of bitchess will soon say phone repair is haram and find her.
Re: Meet The Only Lady Repairing Mobile Phones In A Borno Town by AllahIsGarbage: 9:52am On Dec 06, 2021
Because only one part of Nigeria is the capital city of bomb making and detonating.

[img]https://images./3qoQEYjPYCuvp1FyoJRveE.jpg[/img]

Nicklaus619:

Why haven't u written a petition to the presidency to ban all phone repairers in Nigeria because say them fit make bomb
Re: Meet The Only Lady Repairing Mobile Phones In A Borno Town by MadBrain(m): 10:16am On Dec 06, 2021
Nothing should be gender based except donating ovary and sperm for reproduction
Re: Meet The Only Lady Repairing Mobile Phones In A Borno Town by Dronedude(m): 11:06am On Dec 06, 2021
Well she's industrious and that is not a new thing. She's a woman, a goal getter and a hustler that's all I see and I don't see any difference if it was a man.
Re: Meet The Only Lady Repairing Mobile Phones In A Borno Town by KosiGee(m): 12:46pm On Dec 06, 2021
Generalwoodz:

That wasn’t a condom but I can see oga’s hat there.

Re: Meet The Only Lady Repairing Mobile Phones In A Borno Town by Divoc19(f): 2:41pm On Dec 06, 2021
Face we no go see
Re: Meet The Only Lady Repairing Mobile Phones In A Borno Town by Akporo1234: 3:53pm On Dec 06, 2021
Divoc19:
Face we no go see

No loud am cheesy they no dey use am play

1 Like

Re: Meet The Only Lady Repairing Mobile Phones In A Borno Town by Divoc19(f): 3:59pm On Dec 06, 2021
grin
Akporo1234:

No loud am cheesy they no dey use am play
Re: Meet The Only Lady Repairing Mobile Phones In A Borno Town by Jnrp(m): 4:12pm On Dec 06, 2021
Only on camera

1 Like

Re: Meet The Only Lady Repairing Mobile Phones In A Borno Town by WebDesignerNG(m): 7:35pm On Dec 06, 2021
Jnrp:
Only on camera

Looks like it.

(1) (Reply)

Laotech Post Ume / In Need Of German School Of Language: / University Of Ibadan Change Of Course Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.